Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

I don't know (or care) if Anna's pregnant -- obviously, it would be a good idea to stop having babies with an unemployable, child molester, but that doesn't seem to occur to her, so it's going to happen sooner or later.

When I first saw the picture, though, I thought Anna was stuck back in the corner because she was sort of a tag-a-long and not really part of the group. I remembered reading that the sisters didn't like her much when she first married Josh and thought she was stuck-up, or stand-offish, or something like that. It just occurred to me though, that that would have been their first experience with the very sharp, clear line that the Duggars draw between "marrieds" and "unmarrieds." Maybe they like her more now that they get to participate in all of the perks associated with being married in their world.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Anna's definitely pregnant. Puffy face, noticeable weight gain and she's strategically positioned behind a woman holding a baby so her entire body is blocked out. Why she keeps procreating with that turd is beyond me.

Because building an army for Jesus is her cause and duty.

• Love 6
On 10/27/2018 at 2:55 PM, ChiCricket said:

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone..where do you all see Anna?!

I agree. It just doesn’t look like Anna to me.

That is a whole lot of baby boys. Where are the girls they will have to marry?

• Love 6
16 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Why she keeps procreating with that turd is beyond me.

I think time is supposed to heal all wounds in their culture. Maybe they think we'll not only forget he was a womanizer & committed adultery but  was also a teenage molester. To them a new baby is showing the world that things are just fine in their marriage. Yeah right.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I think time is supposed to heal all wounds in their culture. Maybe they think we'll not only forget he was a womanizer & committed adultery but  was also a teenage molester. To them a new baby is showing the world that things are just fine in their marriage. Yeah right.

Plus, didn't they already have three babies after the molestation? Guess things were alright, until they weren't?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Because building an army for Jesus is her cause and duty.

What other life does she have? Sure she has a choice but she will never leave him or stop having babies..... Very sad life indeed. 

• Love 9

I wonder how Austin's house flipping business is doing?  I was reading on CNBC Money an article called House, Flip or Flop.  Evidently, the hordes of cheap houses from default during the last recession were bought up cheaply by flippers.  But the stock has been bought up and with big increases in building materials, flippers are no longer making big profits.

It seems our Austin doesn't have other skills- I don't remember reading if he attended college or trade school.  I'm sure he'll always have a job doing repairs at the family camp. At least his dad only had one son.

How will JB keep his Howlers all working if the cheap houses run out for flipping?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, louannems said:

I wonder how Austin's house flipping business is doing?  I was reading on CNBC Money an article called House, Flip or Flop.  Evidently, the hordes of cheap houses from default during the last recession were bought up cheaply by flippers.  But the stock has been bought up and with big increases in building materials, flippers are no longer making big profits.

It seems our Austin doesn't have other skills- I don't remember reading if he attended college or trade school.  I'm sure he'll always have a job doing repairs at the family camp. At least his dad only had one son.

How will JB keep his Howlers all working if the cheap houses run out for flipping?

I don't know how the market in AR is but he could be doing really well if it is anything like it is up here in the Chicago burbs. It seems to be very hard to get a house in desirable condition/neighborhoods. I know multiple people who have been trying to buy houses and keep getting out bid or the house is already sold by the time they can put an offer in! My poor brother in law has gone for 4 or 5 houses and can't catch a break!

• Love 4
On 10/28/2018 at 9:48 PM, yogi2014L said:

Is 21 a milestone birthday for fundies? I feel like they made a really big deal about her birthday, when they don't seem to make as big of deal for anyone else's bday?

Also, the Mykynzie looks ADORABLE in that picture. Love the little bun and the outfit.

I feel like by 21 their life is set. No school just have kids until menaupause. Nothing else kids and pleasing the hubby.

• Love 13
55 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I feel like by 21 their life is set. No school just have kids until menaupause. Nothing else kids and pleasing the hubby.

No wonder why Jana hasn’t got married then, if that was my only option in life I’d wait till at least 30 to marry anyone, well I’d like to think I would, knowing what I was like as a teen I’d probably had run off with the first boy who was interested. 

• Love 6

Is Jana really wearing jeans under her dress?  I usually think she's the best dressed out of the Duggar girls, but this is an awful look.  The dress hits just around her knees like some of the other girls, not sure why she felt the need to wear pants underneath.

• Love 2

I think Jana is influenced in her dressing style by her BFF, Laura. I have seen that girl in similarly styled clothing. IMO, Laura isn't a fashion icon to be imitated. She could use some pointers. Jana soon will be a woman of 29 years old. She looks like an idiot in that get up.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Their lives are pretty much set by their 20 week in utero scan: girl - helpmeet and mother, boy - headship and bread winner.

• Love 15

They are very happy with themselves and pat themselves on the  back multiple times a day.  Remember the interview with Megyn Kelley after Joshgate 1? Those two were as self righteous as ever.

• Love 18
On 11/2/2018 at 11:41 AM, louannems said:

Wasn't Austin doing his own renovations for the flips? He could always work as a general contractor/handyman if the flipping dies down. 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, questionfear said:

Wasn't Austin doing his own renovations for the flips? He could always work as a general contractor/handyman if the flipping dies down. 

The million-dollar question is is he licensed to be a general contractor?

• Love 12

Arkansas has accessible license info online.  After a quick search, it appears Austin does not have a general contractor's license.  There is, however, a listing for his dad (Terry), but it appears his license is expired as of June 2004.  Under classifications, it lists him/his company has a residential builder.  

• Love 5
13 hours ago, sixlets said:

Arkansas has accessible license info online.  After a quick search, it appears Austin does not have a general contractor's license.  There is, however, a listing for his dad (Terry), but it appears his license is expired as of June 2004.  Under classifications, it lists him/his company has a residential builder.  

That's close enough for his probable clientele. 

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

It's actually a nice picture of the two of them; however, I completely agree that they look like high school or college kids.

They ARE! They are 21. It’s not an insult to say someone looks young when they are young. 

• Love 7

Piercing the left nostril is Ayurvedic ( Indian Medicine) and it is supposed to help with fertility/ease the pain of childbirth. It is very common for women from India ( even 3rd generation at least in my neck of the woods) to have it. In fact, I am not sure I've ever met an east Asian woman without one.

My dumbass in college got it on the right, ha. When I was trying to get pregnant I thought about getting it done on the left but never did.  

I am surprised it is a thing in fundie circles, but I guess it kind of makes sense with their desire to childbirth without pain meds.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

Piercing the left nostril is Ayurvedic ( Indian Medicine) and it is supposed to help with fertility/ease the pain of childbirth. It is very common for women from India ( even 3rd generation at least in my neck of the woods) to have it. In fact, I am not sure I've ever met an east Asian woman without one.

My dumbass in college got it on the right, ha. When I was trying to get pregnant I thought about getting it done on the left but never did.  

I am surprised it is a thing in fundie circles, but I guess it kind of makes sense with their desire to childbirth without pain meds.

It would make sense for Jill given that she's had difficult labors/c-sections. I can't tell if joy has a nose piercing, but it would make sense as she also had difficult first time labor. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

So, a family that actively discourages higher education and denigrates it every chance they get is able to score lower level tickets on the 50 yard line to a college football game?  

It IS sad, because they're the right age to be there in the student section!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

It IS sad, because they're the right age to be there in the student section!

You are so right. I wonder what Joystin thinks of the same age (heathen) kids around them having fun, joking around, etc. while they sit there as a married couple holding their baby. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Joy doesn't strike me as a deep thinker. No different than any other Duggars, save possibly Jessa.

This is my guess too! It probably doesn't even occur to her that she's the right age to be a student. It probably occurs to Austin, but he likely feels superior because he's married with a child, not sleeping with a different girl every night like the student heathens certainly are all doing! He probably feels they should all be jealous of HIM!

• Love 18