Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Temperance said:

Anna said less than two months ago on social media that she was NOT pregnant, just "overdue for a diet" (her own words). I thought she might be, because she was wearing a dress she also wore while pregnant. (In Touch magazine confirmed it was the same dress.)  However since she admits she has been gaining weight without being pregnant; it's not really a sign that she is. 

(As someone who has some weight issues, I try not to judge people on that issue.)

I’m not body shaming Anna, I suggested she was pregnant because her face looked swollen in addition to being heavier. When people gain weight from eating like me their faces tend to stay the same, but their bodies get bigger. I wouldn’t be surprised if Anna has 10/11 kids given her spacing. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

What is unfortunate is she has to deal with that pig on top of her breathing fried chicken sandwich breath on her face whenever he feels the urge.  I do not feel sad for her at all.  She had the opportunity to leave with somewhere to go and she didn't.  

Yes, didn't Anna's brother offer to help her, if she left the pig?  She had an option, and refused to go.  So dumb.  Kid after kid with that asshole.  Hell on earth.  

And I always thought I had low self-esteem.  Anna must have zero.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m not body shaming Anna, I suggested she was pregnant because her face looked swollen in addition to being heavier. When people gain weight from eating like me their faces tend to stay the same, but their bodies get bigger. I wouldn’t be surprised if Anna has 10/11 kids given her spacing. 

I hear you! That's something I have noticed. I've been exercising more lately, and my body is looking better, but my face looks huge. Normally when I lose, my face is the first place I see it! Maybe it's swelling from drinking more water or something, because I do notice when I lose a little from eating my face is the FIRST place I see it, but now it looks bigger!

i'm kind of surprised the duggars and their ilk would even go to David's bridal! They specialize in the standard strapless bridesmaids dresses, and not too many of them are modest! I mean, I'm sure they CAN find a modest dress there, but it doesn't seem up David's alley, and 90% of the dresses easily won't fit their standards. I would expect them to go to a less mainstream store that would cater to a more modest bride...or person! Even just the regular Dillard's dress section would be more likely to have plenty of what they're looking for, IMO. 

I can kind of see the look jana was going for, and I'm impressed she owns jeans! Big step forward for her. I bet the outfit wouldn't look quite as hideous if it were just the dress and jeans...still a miss, and too young for her, but a cohesive, understandable outfit. I bet she just had to throw on the ill-matching jacket because it was cold, and it threw the whole outfit off!

IMO, I don't hate jessa's outfit. It's a little lazy, but plenty of people wear baggy / slouchy clothes, and her hair looks nice! Kendra looks nice, Joy looks sloppy as always, and Jill has no concept of style. I feel Joy's look would dramatically improve if she could just wear jeans. Being super casual in skirts is not "feminine," no matter what Michelle says!

Edited by Christina87

Eh, I don't think Joy looked that bad. I do think she looks pale though. 

I'm wondering if we're going to see more of Jana in jeans paired with a dress or skirt. One of the ladies in my cohort in graduate school was Muslim, and while she regularly wore pants, she always wore a very long shirt that covered up the butt. I could see Jana going that route. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Back to the future.

aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkYxLmJwLmJsb2dzcG90LmNv

Anna's kids always look so much more put together than Michelle's!!! Poor Hannie is at that in-between age. I bet she would be an awesome athlete if she went to a normal school! She looks sporty, and has an athletic build IMO. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I didn't mean to imply you were bodyshaming her. I was trying to saywasn't bodyshaming her. I was worried my post said too much about her weight. Anyway one whole side of my family gains weight in the face so some people do gain weight in the face when they put on weight. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I didn't mean to imply you were bodyshaming her. I was trying to saywasn't bodyshaming her. I was worried my post said too much about her weight. Anyway one whole side of my family gains weight in the face so some people do gain weight in the face when they put on weight. 

Ah I see. No hard feelings!

Some people have rounder faces than others, but to my eye there’s always a difference between “fat” and “water retention”- that’s what I mean about the face. Also, I’m the LAST woman to ever notice when a woman is pregnant- the legit LAST, I notice when they start wearing maternity clothes! I attribute this to being 1. Childfree, and 2. Assuming everyone is just getting their eat on like MEEEEE!

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

It’s been Anna’s MO to gain weight in her face when she’s pregnant. Jessa has the same issue. 

• Love 3
On 8/28/2018 at 6:33 PM, lookeyloo said:

Didn't they show some of the camper when they first got married and Joy said then she loved living there and Austin pointed out the curtains and things Joy did to make it feel cozy.  So maybe she does.  Lots less to clean. 

Maybe it feels cozy and nice after living in a warehouse/bus station. 

• Love 9
On 10/27/2018 at 12:27 PM, madpsych78 said:

Jana's wearing jeans under a skirt. Shoot, that's closer to wearing pants than Jessa has ever displayed. 

So is this an attempt to fool people into think women don’t have crotches? Why don’t the guys have to wear skirts, since their genitals are more noticeable through pants. Wait, don’t answer that. Barf. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Jana is getting her weird outfit choices from Laura. She's gotta cover up that godly crotch when she's around the Duggars.

Screenshot_20181028-162626.jpg.3eb59f678aa323e621bbf36110086849.jpgScreenshot_20181028-123305.jpg.756730c0822c3be0869014ba88b153ed.jpg

Ah, that actually explains Jana's outfit. And Laura does wear pants from time to time.

Is 21 a milestone birthday for fundies? I feel like they made a really big deal about her birthday, when they don't seem to make as big of deal for anyone else's bday?

Also, the Mykynzie looks ADORABLE in that picture. Love the little bun and the outfit.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, floridamom said:

Ana has blue eyes, doesn't she? That girl in the photo in question has brown eyes.

Are they blue? It's hard to tell....but the more pictures I looked at of her, the more they appeared to be brown.

Ps I looked at waaaaaay too many Anna pictures, there's something wrong with me.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Fancy......

F0F504DB-2AA3-44BA-90C2-A443DC9353F8.jpeg

I'm hoping pumpkin pie is Joy's favorite but then again, does anyone really have an obsession with pumpkin pie? With the mismatched candles, you'd swear someone grabbed it last minute at the grocery store after they were driving to the party and realized they were supposed to bring the cake.

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm hoping pumpkin pie is Joy's favorite but then again, does anyone really have an obsession with pumpkin pie? With the mismatched candles, you'd swear someone grabbed it last minute at the grocery store after they were driving to the party and realized they were supposed to bring the cake.

My son , (now age 38), has long asked for pumpkin pie for his birthday.  I always bake one from scratch, with a store bought frozen crust, since making crust always makes me mad.

• Love 12
48 minutes ago, louannems said:

My son , (now age 38), has long asked for pumpkin pie for his birthday.  I always bake one from scratch, with a store bought frozen crust, since making crust always makes me mad.

I use the frozen gluten-free pie crusts.  I've tried a few times to make crust, and I can't do it very well.  I use coconut milk and canned pumpkin, spices, and it turns out good.  

I too hope it's Joy's favorite.  My daughter has never liked pumpkin pie.  If they're here for Thanksgiving, I make an apple pie too.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, DOBABYR said:

Joy Joy and Jill Jill

Those two look like they are wearing clothes gathered from the floor with no thought especially Joy.  She could have at least thrown on a vest to jazz it up some.  Come on Joy, you're the guest of honor. Unless it was a surprise party, there is no reason for her to be dressed that sloppily for her party. ** I know she could care less about fashion but it drives me nuts. Jill's outfit looks like she was trying to match the fall theme of the party. I don't know if that's good or bad.

I think Jana would have looked much better if she would have worn gray leggings or skinny jeans to match her sweater & dress.  

** I still remember showing up at my surprise baby shower 29 years ago wearing a maternity short set that I loved but didnt think appropriate  for a function even though it was a surprise.  Mr Barb & I had gone for a walk & then stopped at his aunt's house where the shower was held.  I gave Mr Barb a fit later telling him he should have suggested I wear something nicer. His defense was that I was supposed to be going out for a walk and  dressing nicely like I was going to work would have had me thinking something was up which was true. I also had on old flip flops, one of the few pair of shoes I could comfortably wear with my swollen feet. 

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I use the frozen gluten-free pie crusts.  I've tried a few times to make crust, and I can't do it very well.  I use coconut milk and canned pumpkin, spices, and it turns out good.  

I too hope it's Joy's favorite.  My daughter has never liked pumpkin pie.  If they're here for Thanksgiving, I make an apple pie too.

Where do you find gluten free pie crusts? I try to eat gluten free most of the time, but I miss my pie crusted version of chicken pie soooooo much!!!

i hope joy really does want the pumpkin pie instead of cake! My dad still has issues because growing up, he wasn't a string bean like his brother, and my grandmother was worried about his weight. She always made him have a carrot cake instead of chocolate for his own birthday! My grandmother was mostly an awesome person, but I truly think that action was horrible. I doubt anyone would be policing Joy's cake at 21, but you never know. Jana was probably that age when she went to weight watchers!

• Love 3

Like carrot cake isn't every bit as fattening as chocolate cake!  Especially with cream cheese frosting.  Yum

According to my WW tracker, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting has 28 points.  Chocolate cake with frosting has 25 points!

I hope Joy liked pumpkin pie!  She looks good but tired.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 11
47 minutes ago, louannems said:

Like carrot cake isn't every bit as fattening as chocolate cake!  Especially with cream cheese frosting.  Yum

According to my WW tracker, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting has 28 points.  Chocolate cake with frosting has 25 points!

I hope Joy liked pumpkin pie!  She looks good but tired.

Right?! My dad despises carrot cake to this day. I'm thinking my grandma didn't know much about weight loss, because she also had one of those jiggly belts in the basement that was supposed to jiggle the fat off of you. ???

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Where do you find gluten free pie crusts? I try to eat gluten free most of the time, but I miss my pie crusted version of chicken pie soooooo much!!!

i hope joy really does want the pumpkin pie instead of cake! My dad still has issues because growing up, he wasn't a string bean like his brother, and my grandmother was worried about his weight. She always made him have a carrot cake instead of chocolate for his own birthday! My grandmother was mostly an awesome person, but I truly think that action was horrible. I doubt anyone would be policing Joy's cake at 21, but you never know. Jana was probably that age when she went to weight watchers!

I get them at Safeway, or occasionally at Grocery Outlet.  (I'm in WA)

Pumpkin pie has always been my favorite, aside from mom's and my MIL's wonderful blackberry pies, complete with homemade crust.  The "greatest generation" made the best pies!  They were very creative with very little.

I just noticed the black spot on Joy's lower lip.  I've never noticed it before.

• Love 4
On 10/28/2018 at 9:48 PM, yogi2014L said:

Is 21 a milestone birthday for fundies? I feel like they made a really big deal about her birthday, when they don't seem to make as big of deal for anyone else's bday?

Maybe they are trying to downplay all of the criticism they received for Joy courting, getting married, and having a baby all before she was 21?  By showing how "mature" she is and all that.  Or else they are totally running out of storylines.  I don't remember them making a big deal about anyone else turning 21.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, skipnjump said:

Maybe they are trying to downplay all of the criticism they received for Joy courting, getting married, and having a baby all before she was 21?  By showing how "mature" she is and all that.  Or else they are totally running out of storylines.  I don't remember them making a big deal about anyone else turning 21.

Maybe Sierra threw the party? Prior to Sierra, I don't think any of the Duggars had outside friends. And I think Joy is the first daughter to be married and out of the house before age 21. 

• Love 3
On 10/28/2018 at 8:41 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I call pregnant too. Just got going to announce because of her vile husband.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, floridamom said:

Jessa said that she didn't like cake so she served ice cream at her outside NOVEMBER wedding reception in the parking lot. Smart girl, huh?

Did they ever say why they didn't have an indoor reception?  Boob being cheap?  Jessa overspending on her dress?  Those bridesmaid dresses looked like they cost $7.99 a pop.  They were a pretty color, but looked incredibly cheap, like Boob's fugly grey suit.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Did they ever say why they didn't have an indoor reception?  Boob being cheap?  Jessa overspending on her dress?  Those bridesmaid dresses looked like they cost $7.99 a pop.  They were a pretty color, but looked incredibly cheap, like Boob's fugly grey suit.

IIRC, the guest list exceeded the capacity of the church's reception hall, so they decided to have it outside. I'm not sure if they provided limited seating in the indoor space or not, but either way the whole thing was beyond tacky. 

• Love 16
On 10/28/2018 at 3:23 PM, Christina87 said:

Anna's kids always look so much more put together than Michelle's!!! Poor Hannie is at that in-between age. I bet she would be an awesome athlete if she went to a normal school! She looks sporty, and has an athletic build IMO. 

The photo of the little girls sitting there with their little modesty leggings peeking out from under their skirts makes me so sad. Poor circumscribed lives. What a waste of human potential.

• Love 18
On 10/28/2018 at 5:11 PM, Lunera said:

I see a platter of spring rolls, they seem way too exotic and green for this lot. I'm surprised it wasn't catered by Chik-fil-a.

I also thought that looked rather fancy for Duggars! Perhaps Sierra has moved on from strawberries.

Im not the type to shout PREGNANT at every tiny pump or odd angle but Anna for sure looks like she has pregnancy bloat in that picture. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Anna's definitely pregnant. Puffy face, noticeable weight gain and she's strategically positioned behind a woman holding a baby so her entire body is blocked out. Why she keeps procreating with that turd is beyond me.

Putting a bandaid on a bandaid....on a hemorrhaging wound.

• Love 23