Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

On 7/29/2020 at 9:05 AM, GeeGolly said:

How old is Giddy? His body always looks so tense. Toes and hands squeezed tightly and jaw tightly clamped.

His hands/fingers have always looked strange/moved strangely IMO.  Maybe it’s something that he inherited from his father’s side of the family, because I’ve never noticed it on the Duggar side.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/1/2020 at 4:21 PM, Future Cat Lady said:

A carpet on a carpet. Is that a thing?

A rug on carpet? Yeah it's a thing. Why wouldn't it be? 

I love the doors in her house. I was expecting some more pink or something. I went pink crazy with my twins. 

• Love 1

I continue to think Jana is the best looking of the sisters and IMO the only way she's still single is that 1) Jim Bob rejected every offer for her in order to keep her at home 2) She rejected every offer in order to avoid popping out 511234 kids 3) She's not heterosexual. 

• Love 11
On 8/1/2020 at 7:55 PM, GeeGolly said:

Josie really is a tiny girl. She's 2 months younger than Mack and 5 years older than Meredith.

Yep.  My niece was born at 24 weeks weighing in at a pound.  She's 8 1/2 now and is still smaller than all the kids in her class.  

• Useful 6
On 8/1/2020 at 7:09 PM, Quof said:

That was a whole lot of fussing and ultimately doing nothing to the room except to a add a plant and a random cow picture.  Why doesn't the room have a rocking chair? Even I, childfree heathen, know that a nursery needs a rocking chair.

Completely unrelated note - why are Gideon's diapers always drooping down to his knees?  Surely that's not how they are supposed to fit?

I'm not up to date on nurseries, but I agree with you I can't believe there isn't a rocking chair considering now she'll have 2 little ones.  

I tried out plenty of them when my son was born. I figured it better be comfortable because it was going to get plenty of use and it did.  My mother was my son's daycare & she even treated herself to a new one as well for the same reason.  Maybe times have changed.  

Does Gideon even own any shorts for the summer?  It seems he is mostly shown wearing just a shirt and his droopy drawers. I think it's laziness on Joy's part but how difficult is it to put a pair of shorts on him?  

• Love 5

Yep. The t-shirt only thing is the sign of a lazy ass mom. His droopy diapers may be the brand she’s using. Some keep their shape better than others when wet.

As for the boring nursery, they’ve all been boring AF.  That goes for Jessa, Kendra, Lauren, Anna, and especially Jinger. If you look at nurseries on Pinterest, they all look the same. Exactly the same 🙄That same stupid banana plant (like who TF think that dust catcher/mold maker is a good idea in a nursery), the same round mirror over the changing table and a big neutral rug in the middle of the room.  I’d like to think the last thing I’d want to do when changing a baby at 3 AM is stare at my sleep-deprived self in a mirror.  I also never see anyone hang them with those hotel quality hooks and it seems like a safety issue to me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Does Gideon even own any shorts for the summer?

He's wearing khaki shorts in the tomato picture at the top of this page, and navy blue ones in the video where Joy brings him to the TTH while she goes to her doctor's appointment. Maybe he only gets fully dressed if he's going somewhere.

• Love 1
On 8/1/2020 at 6:37 PM, farmgal4 said:

That is one sad-looking nursery/child’s room.

Very sad. 

Why does the baby have to share a room with Gideon ? They have plenty of bedrooms. Also, what child wants to wake up in the middle of the night and see a cow? I see nightmares in the kids future.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4

Maybe Joy can get Jilly to reposition the baby. Sure, that'll work.

So seems like another section for her, glad she's seeing a real provider. Or was Giddy a section? Can't remember.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 3

He was.  She labored at home for hours with a "midwife" who couldn't figure out the baby wasn't positioned properly and then had a ride to the hospital when they finally figured it out. 

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Check in with Joy.

I guess Joy must read here, since the first part of the video was a shopping trip to La-Z-Boy to find a glider-rocker for the nursery,  And, of course, she wanted a pale oatmealish color for it. They ended up buying 2, one for the living room and one for the baby's room,  They plan to have both in the living room eventually once she's done breastfeeding which is far more than anyone needed to know.

I got bored and didn't watch the doctor visit or the ultrasound being as that's my life for the past 35+ years and I can imagine it without watching.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

I have to admit my kids ran around the house in just diapers during the summer. Of course, I didn't film them for social media and if I had they would have had shorts on. Shoes and socks were always optional. I have 2 kids who wore them from the time they got dressed until they went to bed, one who only went barefoot in the house, and two that only wore shoes when I forced them on their squirmy feet. 

Poor Gideon, he's going to have a real adjustment when the new baby comes and he isn't the center of attention. Which is a good thing.

I think Jessa knew damn good and well that Joy would not like that rug. At first I thought it was Austin who made the "we" decision to exchange it with a different one. Instead, I think Joy still doesn't think she's allowed to have an opinion and needed Austin to fall back on.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 12

Is Joy wearing pants a recent development? 

She looks about a hundred times better than she did at the end of her pregnancy with Gideon. I think maybe she and Austin learned a lesson about medical care after losing their second baby. 

• Love 19
On 2/13/2020 at 8:09 PM, DangerousMinds said:

No, I find weddings and pregnancies to be boring as hell. Almost anything they could do would be more interesting to me.

I would agree, if they did anything else. Which they won't.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

That "ionic" statement certainly didn't come from Joy. I'm sure the advertiser told her to post that with her photo.

BTW, I think the pop up turkey is done. Notice the belly button under Joy's shirt. Why doesn't she wear tasteful MATERNITY wear?

• Love 10

I like how the professional house flipper/faux contractor or his wife, can't put on a plate to cover the light switches. they have lived in that house how long? and have posted pics of their toddler standing on stools, dumping milk, getting into kid mischief etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Any guesses on what Joy and Austin will name the baby?

It's hard to say. The only similarity with Gideon and Annabell is they both have 3 syllables. Gideon, along with a host of biblical names, is pretty popular. Annabell (and all it's spellings) isn't even on the top 1000 most popular girl's names for 2018. Annabella (and all it's spellings combined) is hovering around 450. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Shilling to the bitter end. I bet she can’t even define “ionic.”

145D6BE9-7317-4DA5-AE0A-5024AA4AE7BF.jpeg

If that's one of the Revlon things, it's heavy. I tried one. It did a good job drying my hair, but didn't do much to volumize my (very thick, very heavy) hair. 

Back on topic: at least Joy isn't wearing one of her mother's maternity tents? Not that Mullet would share; I'm sure she's still holding out for #20, J'Miracle Postchangeoflife Everyonelookatme Duggar. 

• LOL 9
18 hours ago, floridamom said:

BTW, I think the pop up turkey is done. Notice the belly button under Joy's shirt. Why doesn't she wear tasteful MATERNITY wear?

Because there's no such thing anymore. Even maternity wear is all tight stuff. I hated it. I didn't want to look like a stuffed sausage. I resorted to buying regular blouses and tops in extra large sizes. I felt so much better. Even when I was on bedrest for the last 4 months with the twins. 

• Love 11