Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E01: Business, Brand, Boss

On 12/18/2016 at 7:47 AM, Sugar said:

True - but in a sense the public does dictate who appears on magazine covers. A Kardashian or Jennifer Lawrence will always sell more copies than a Lara Stone or Kayla Scott, so publishers and advertisers are catering to that demand. I also didn't mean to sound disparaging - Chantal from last season (or 2 seasons ago?) parlayed a social media career into steady work, and her star is on the rise. It's not always a bad thing.

True, but I think it's all about the dollar as well.  Everything is merged today.  A movie/TV studio or record company can own a make up company/fashion line.  So instead of looking for new talent, they use the talent they have; especially today where it matters just as much how a singer looks as how they sound. 

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 8:39 AM, Lamb18 said:

I've seen Rimmel in Ulta stores. I also remember the gap-toothed model who was on the TV ads for quite awhile, so being a Rimmel model could be a good thing if even I can remember the face.

Walmart carries Rimmel's stuff, so it's pretty ubiquitous.

I'm more familiar with the Kate Moss commercials.

Edited by proserpina65
2 minutes ago, Watermelon said:

That has nothing to do with her looking like Selena to me in that moment. 

Agreed.  I don't know what Marissa's background is, but she definitely has frequent moments where she looks like she could be Hispanic.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Canada said:

Agreed.  I don't know what Marissa's background is, but she definitely has frequent moments where she looks like she could be Hispanic.

On the VH1 website it said she was Irish American, African American and Native American.

Just saying.

Edited by Neurochick