Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Last Ride Of Bonnie & Clyde

On 7/12/2016 at 10:50 PM, saber5055 said:

"Rufus is named Rufus after George Carlin's character (Rufus) in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure." I wish he had been named Bill or Ted (or George or even Carlin) instead of Rufus, which is a slave name. I'm not prejudiced in any way, but that name just glares racism to me. This character deserves better.

His name is Carlin. Rufus Carlin. 

• Love 1

Just re-watched this one; can anyone tell where Flynn was supposed to be in that last scene? I'm assuming it was some sort of museum since there was a night watchman walking around but couldn't tell for sure.

The thing with the key ended up being kind of silly. Clearly Flynn already knew the paper scroll was inside that clock - hell, even if he didn't know what was in the clock he knew whatever he was looking for was inside the clock. So why not just steal the damn clock? It's not as if he couldn't just break the thing open to get whatever was inside. I mean, it looked cool and all, but it was really unnecessary. You know the secret is in the clock, you don't really need the key to get inside of it. It's not like it's Big Ben.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Just re-watched this one; can anyone tell where Flynn was supposed to be in that last scene? I'm assuming it was some sort of museum since there was a night watchman walking around but couldn't tell for sure.

The thing with the key ended up being kind of silly. Clearly Flynn already knew the paper scroll was inside that clock - hell, even if he didn't know what was in the clock he knew whatever he was looking for was inside the clock. So why not just steal the damn clock? It's not as if he couldn't just break the thing open to get whatever was inside. I mean, it looked cool and all, but it was really unnecessary. You know the secret is in the clock, you don't really need the key to get inside of it. It's not like it's Big Ben.

Maybe it's an early Mission: Impossible clock that destroys the scroll if you don't open it the right way? (Of course, to be a true M:I clock it would also have to burn the scroll up right after Flynn read it.)

• Love 2

I thought Flynn was inside Henry Ford's house; wasn't the clock his? If there were a lot of valuables, it wouldn't be too surprising to have a night watchman.

32 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

So why not just steal the damn clock?

Where's the fun in that? ;-)

• Love 2
On 12/6/2016 at 3:31 PM, saber5055 said:

Plus I hate Rufus being named Rufus

Whereas I love it, because that is the name of my cat.  Who is a ginger tabby, which is why I gave him a name meaning "red-haired".

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 1

I have really not liked Abigal Spencer in this role until this episode.  I don't like her looks, I don't think she can act - but she looked fabulous in the 30s period costume.  I normally don't think she comes to life as a character unless she is interacting with Rufus.  I have liked Matt Lanter from the get-go.  I understand the stubble conundrum, however I happen to like stubble.  I have been disappointed for seven years that Ian Somerhalder has always been clean-shaven on the Vampire Diaries.  I wish that the writers didn't feel the need to clarify that Wyatt was referencing his fiancée later.  It would have been nice to trust the audience, but I suppose that underlining was for the casual viewer.

I was pleasantly surprised by Hamer.  I know nothing, really, of B & C, but it was great to see a good guy with unshakeable integrity with power in law enforcement. How sad is it that I think that situation is unusual?  Hopefully my impressions of dirty cops are mostly from TV, not from real life!

Lastly, and most importantly, Rufus is gold.

• Love 4