Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Last Ride Of Bonnie & Clyde

The time-traveling trio are on the run with the Barrow gang, and they must uncover Flynn's target in the Depression-era South by gaining the trust of criminal duo Bonnie and Clyde. Meanwhile, Agent Christopher pursues a lead in the present day, and the trio risk getting caught in the crossfire.

• Love 1

I am amazed how this show continues to grow on me. I know some like to nitpick it apart but I think they have done a great job this season. The only episode that comes close to a weak link for me was the Las Vegas one.
Given how much I am enjoying it I am sure it will be cancelled after one season with no wrap up.
Its interesting how much resemblences it bears to the graphic novel DIVERGENT POINT which by the way is available free of charge under a special promotion here:
https://www.amazon.com/Divergent-Point-Comics-Graphic-Novels-ebook/dp/B01MYLN7O1/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1479164458&sr=1-1
Change a couple ethnicities and you've got a main cast that pretty well matches DP.For instance like the project heads Mason and Bannister both being older black gentlman. You've got the two government types etc. The comic relief characters Freemont and Rufus. Outside of the J in their names only Jax and Jiya don't quite line up. I immediatly noticed the similariies in the pilot and it continued on in the episodes. There is even the whole predestination theme with the two female leads Zoe and Lucy. Then the Alamo story came up and that is the very OPENING of DIVERGENT POINT

DIVERGENT%20POINT-TIMELESS%20COMPARISON_

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 2

I am amazed how this show continues to grow on me. I know some like to nitpick it apart but I think they have done a great job this season. The only episode that comes close to a weak link for me was the Las Vegas one.

Given how much I am enjoying it I am sure it will be cancelled after one season with no wrap up.

I'm really enjoying it too, I hope it gets renewed. I feel like they do a great job capturing the various eras of the week, and still manage to keep the storyline slightly different in each trip. I like that they really seem to focus on people they meet in most of the time jumps and not just make it be about big events. I thought the actors playing Bonnie and Clyde did a great job and I was pulled into their story.

I was also pleasantly surprised that Rufus confided in Agent Christopher at the end. And I felt really bad for Lucy's fiance.

• Applause 1
  • Love 8

This was the best episode yet! I started watching the show because I love time travel and I am a big fan of both Matt Lanter and Abigail Spencer. 

Wyatt and Lucy worked very well together and I thought they had great chemistry throughout the whole episode. Wyatt was breaking my heart with the proposal story.

KaveDweller: I thought the actors playing Bonnie and Clyde did a great job and I was pulled into their story.

Agree completely! Like Wyatt said "they may be killers and robbers, but you can't deny they are in love." Fantastic acting. 

Rufus driver's license had his name as Wesley Snipes. LOL! I love it!! I love how they use current pop culture on their travels and for once the show didn't spoil it in the promos. 

I think Rufus just signed Agent Christopher's death sentence by telling her about Rittenhouse. I hope not, but...we'll see. Notice we found out she has someone to lose in this episode (a daughter).

North of Eden: Given how much I am enjoying it I am sure it will be cancelled after one season with no wrap up.

I know! I'm hoping against hope because I love this show. One of my favorites. Please please get renewed.

Edited by MzLiz
spelling
  • Love 7

Really enjoyed this one.  Loved Wyatt and Lucy with Bonnie and Clyde and it made for a good story.  Nice job by the Bonne and Clyde actors too.

Just using the name Wesley Snipes made me laugh.

I liked that Agent Christopher will now be working with Rufus against Rittenhouse.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, MzLiz said:

Rufus driver's license had his name as Wesley Snipes. LOL! I love it!! I love how they use current pop culture on their travels and for once the show didn't spoil it in the promos. 

Even better was Flynn's "He's not Wesley Snipes. Trust me." LOL. Also, the fact that his driver's license said that means it isn't just the three of them saying pop culture names that pop into their head. It is pre-meditated and okayed by Agent Christopher and Mason.

• Love 9

I always think of Michael Sheen on 30 Rock. "There's only one Wesley Snipes in this world!" "You know there isn't!"

Good episode tonight. I love this show! Abigail Spencer looks great in every period costume/hair they put her in. I ended up feeling bad for Bonnie but that actor played Clyde like a sociopath who was only able to love her which is actually probably fairly accurate. Rufus = awesome as always. It was cute when they were teasing him about Jiya.

• Love 6

Meant to add that....The show does such a good job in setting the period. It's amazing looking. Lucy/Abigail looked lovely as usual. Wyatt/Matt gorgeous in his outfit. I would like Timeless hair/make-up/wardrobe to come fix me up. :)

Love the Rufus/Jiya scene at the beginning. How they jumped apart when Agent Christopher came in. Cute!

Lilac2000: It was cute when they were teasing him about Jiya.

Adorable! 

Edited by MzLiz
  • Love 4

I liked this one. And really, it was only a matter of time before a situation came up that required the fake relationshippy thing from Wyatt and Lucy. It's a cliche, but dang, does that sort of thing get me almost all the time. I liked the juxtaposition of Wyatt's story, clearly indicating he's still so wrapped up in his love for Jessica, with the awkwardness of faking it with Lucy even as a little bit of something is clearly bubbling beneath the surface for both of them. I really liked the added awkward touches when he dragged her across the couch to lean on him and look couple-y, as well as the two of them fighting half-heartedly for arm space in the tiny twin bed :)  It'll be interesting to see if the writers let sleeping dogs lie on this one, leaving it as a one-off for this episode, or if they push it further in the next episode.

• Love 6

-  Not that I ever had any doubt about the potential for 'Wucy', but they aren't even trying to hide or obscure it.  Which is nice, I dislike when writers try to be too cute and make the audience guess for seasons on end.  And going off of that, I do want to leave myself an opening to bitch about it, though, if they find a way to drag the WT/WT out of it for as long as they can.  You've already made it obvious, so don't ruin part of the show by trying to over-milk the emotional drama.

-  Rufus = Wesley Snipes.  Loved it. 

-  I was sad that two serial killers were murdered (in the name of justice).  Good writing and acting to make that possible.

-  I hope we start to get some clarity on who the real 'big bad' is here, before the last couple of episodes at the end of the season, be it Flynn or Rittenhouse.  For all we know, Rittenhouse is good but are so shady and use such tactics as to appear evil that we think we know their deal, but don't (yet).

-  I'm guessing the key-turned-message will turn out to be super important. 

Did the end of this episode mark the start of the midseason/holidays hiatus, or do we get a new one next week?

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

-  Not that I ever had any doubt about the potential for 'Wucy', but they aren't even trying to hide or obscure it.  Which is nice, I dislike when writers try to be too cute and make the audience guess for seasons on end.  And going off of that, I do want to leave myself an opening to bitch about it, though, if they find a way to drag the WT/WT out of it for as long as they can.  You've already made it obvious, so don't ruin part of the show by trying to over-milk the emotional drama.

Did the end of this episode mark the start of the midseason/holidays hiatus, or do we get a new one next week?

I expect even if the writers just go for it right away, there will still be emotional drama. Like, perhaps right after they really get together, they happen to tweak something in the past such that - surprise! - Jessica is finally alive and well and waiting for Wyatt when they get back! But maybe still different enough from who Wyatt remembers such that it still clears the way to be with Lucy. Or something. That's pure speculation on my part; I know nothing of any spoilers.

And we do get a new one next week - it's time to mess with George Washington et al. :)

8 minutes ago, Randomosity said:

I expect even if the writers just go for it right away, there will still be emotional drama. Like, perhaps right after they really get together, they happen to tweak something in the past such that - surprise! - Jessica is finally alive and well and waiting for Wyatt when they get back! But maybe still different enough from who Wyatt remembers such that it still clears the way to be with Lucy. Or something. That's pure speculation on my part; I know nothing of any spoilers.

And we do get a new one next week - it's time to mess with George Washington et al. :)

Please no.  I don't mean that to poopoo on your speculation or opinion -  as it is definitely a certain possibility - but that would sooo predictable [the 'just as they are getting together, a time tweak brings Jessica back'] and cliche of the writers to do something like that.  I'm guessing Jessica coming back wouldn't be permanent, thus not killing any chance of Wucy happening, it would only just be used to mainly stall and prolong all the buildup to the final Wucy pairing.  I hate to beg, but please don't do it, Show.

Thank goodness.  Wasn't ready to let go for (however many) weeks on end just quite yet.  :)

• Love 1

Definitely THE worst episode of the show ever.  Aside from the last 5 minutes with Flynn and the key to the end of time stuff and Rufus deciding to work with the Homeland Security lady it was dull as all hell except for the Wesley Snipes joke.  I do NOT watch shows for boring romantic crap.  Big huge lousy misstep.  This romantic nonsense is not what shows about the end of time, time travel, history, politics, world power intrigue etc should have shoe-horned down their throats.   Gag me.

• Love 1

Loved this episode! I was actually starting to get a bit bored with the show (the conspiracy stuff is not as interesting to me right now--I've been burned after the structural collapse of the mytharc in The X-Files) but I loved this "time" (the jazzy '30s, the gangster era) and I perked up right away at Lucy's adorable "It happened! I told you it would happen" to Wyatt re: Rufus. Love them coming together as a unit. I don't mind Wyatt and Lucy fronting as a couple but I prefer that stuff to remain subtextual and not explored too much. Frankly I think Wyatt is still way too messed up about his role in Jessica's death to be in any kind of relationship right now/

AM really starting to HATE Flynn, especially after his cold-blooded murder of two innocents. Was legit terrified for Rufus when Flynn was asking for just 3 minutes alone with him--Hamer was the soul of decency there. Bonnie and Clyde were fascinating together. I had no idea she was a poet!

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

...but that would sooo predictable [the 'just as they are getting together, a time tweak brings Jessica back'] and cliche of the writers to do something like that. 

Well, yes, it would be seen as predictable should it happen, seeing as I just predicted it ;)

• Love 3

Yes, that too.  :)  I just meant that if the writers felt they needed a relationship-stall plot device, that would be a cliched one to go with.  But then again, with all the TV history there is to try and avoid, it'd be hard to come up with something that wouldn't feel cliched.

• Love 2

New favorite episode (which I also said last week, but they keep getting better and better!). The actors who played Bonnie and Clyde really sold it, and truly made me feel for them. The voiceover when Bonnie and Clyde were killed was a real poem written by Bonnie, which makes it even sadder; she knew that they wouldn't have a happy ending.

I am unashamedly a big fan of the fake relationship trope, so obviously I loved the Lucy and Wyatt scenes. They even threw in the whole "we have to share the only available bed" trope AND a kiss. Thanks, show! Wyatt's proposal story was really sweet. 

Rufus as Wesley Snipes made me laugh. I liked his talk with Agent Christopher at the end. He really doesn't want her family to be threatened like his. I'm glad that she's on to Mason and Rittenhouse though. I really want to know what was on that paper that Flynn found, and I'm guessing/hoping it will come into play next week. 

• Love 7

How did Wyatt think he was going to sneak up on Clyde Barrow, famous for his sixth sense of something about to happen?

I wonder how Flynn knew just exactly what that key fit.  Did Henry Ford tell him?

Since Bonnie and Clyde were actually shot down outside of Gibsland, LA, I guess our time travelers will have to go down there and remove the monument.

Poor Rufus.  "Of all the places you've sent me, I gotta go to 1934 Arkansas?  Are you kidding?"

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

How did Wyatt think he was going to sneak up on Clyde Barrow, famous for his sixth sense of something about to happen?

I wonder how Flynn knew just exactly what that key fit.  Did Henry Ford tell him?

Since Bonnie and Clyde were actually shot down outside of Gibsland, LA, I guess our time travelers will have to go down there and remove the monument.

Poor Rufus.  "Of all the places you've sent me, I gotta go to 1934 Arkansas?  Are you kidding?"

Wait until he finds out he has to go back to the 18th Century again on his next mission.

• Love 2

Yeah, The Wesley Snipes line was great. Even greater, they all played it straight and serious. so only the audience go the laugh.  Rufus was too scared, Flynn was too pissed (although you could practically see Flynn doing a mental eye-roll when he had say the line all deadpan), and the Fed guy was just out to get his man (and woman). 

Also loved Rufus' lookon his face when he realized they left him.  Poor guy.

I think the actress who played Bonnie was excellent!  She was just riveting to watch.  I could easily see how Lucy could be seduced by the charisma of the historical figure, the actress really brought it.  I thought she eclipsed the the Clyde character.

This was a fun episode, but the Rittenhouse plot feels labored. I know they need a reason to go romping through history but the fun tends to grind to a halt whenever they bring it back to the main plot.

• Love 8

Too bad Timeless couldn't do a crossover with the cast of Turn next week.

I'd like Flynn to succeed in all his missions. Those are the only times we have any idea what he's planning. I still don't know if the NASA thing was a side plot so he could save his brother, or scuttling the moon landing was really important.

• Love 1

I'm not here for Wucy both as a couple and as two characters driving the story so there were moments here that were pretty dull but luckily they were paired with Bonnie and Clyde for a great deal of the episode and they had chemistry and charm for days and that really helped carry those cabin scenes. Bonnie in particular was great so good job casting department!

I did like Wyatt's engagement story, but that does highlight a problem with the potential Wyatt and Lucy ship and that is that Wyatt is not ready to be with anyone else and as long as time travel is a part of his life, he's never going to move on from his wife. He's always think if he just does the right thing, he can get her back.

I did love the Rufus and Flynn part of the story. Rufus kept his cool and adapted best he could to fit into that world and managed to use the rules of that world to get one over on Flynn. ("You can't forge a stamp." Ha!) Ultimately they didn't win, which I like since Flynn getting a few wins is important to keeping the mystery moving forward, but Rufus did give the team their very best shot by giving them the heads up and using his recording device to his advantage.

As for Flynn, I do adore his evil self. GV sold how frustrated Flynn was during the Wesley Snipes exchange and while I am not okay with his murdering people willy-nilly, he does make for a good bad guy who is competent enough to be a threat without being unbelievably able. There were times in those early episodes where he seemed to move in and out of the worlds too easily (the Alamo being the worst example) so I like that we got to see things be a little harder for him here.

The Rittenhouse stuff is still mysterious. I don't believe that Agent Christopher looked up Rittenhouse and found nothing at all seeing as there is an actual historical figure with that name, but I guess the show either isn't going to go that way or wants to hold that detail back. Her scene with Rufus was another episode highlight.

• Love 4

I can't feel sorry for Bonnie and Clyde, madly in love as they were. They were thugs and killers.

Unlike most of the posters so far, I find myself getting more and more exasperated with the show. They know where Flynn is going before the team gets there, so why hasn't someone done even a rudimentary Google search before asking Lucy what the importance is? Having her time travel is useful because she can give in-the-moment information, but to expect her to know every single date/location Flynn is targeting is ridiculous.

Lucy's date with her fiancé was weird. She doesn't know him, she can't tell him why, and she's still stringing him along? Ugh.

Not interested at all in Lucy/Wyatt hooking up, but I know when I'm beaten.

On the positive side, the show does do a good job with the time periods (especially given the show's production limitations), and the pop culture jokes are fun.

• Love 5

I know.  That poor guy just doesn't have any luck with where they sent him.  At least they he didn't encounter the usual race-related problems this time around.

The Rittenhouse plot is dragging but to be honest, it's the interaction between the big three and the various missions in the times that they are in that I love the most.  So it doesn't really bother me.

• Love 2

Bonnie was actually the larger than life personality in the Bonnie and Clyde couple.  There is also debate over how sexual their relationship was (I forget why, but there is legitimate arguments that they rarely, if ever, had sex).

I'm glad that they don't do the "would you kill Hitler" scenario every episode.  I agree with above that Jessica is going to show up at the worst time for Lucy and Wyatt. Rufus is gonna be Hella pissed if his girlfriend gets hurt by Mason/Rittenhouse.

• Love 3

I don't know why, but I was very distraught that how Bonnie and Clyde was killed changed.  I've read quite a bit about them and, while I think they have been highly romanticized, I just hated that their story changed for some reason.  I mean, they still died in a hail of bullets so it's not like it changed much... but it still bothered me for some inexplicable reason.

I really liked this episode.  I feel badly for Rufus having to deal with so much on his own.  He's just so scared all of the time- both with having to deal with the past and the hurdles there and with his role with Rittenhouse- that it breaks my heart.

I think Wyatt and Lucy have chemistry and I like the little niggle of feelings they are showing towards each other, but I agree wholeheartedly with @vibeology- as long as there's time travel and even a hint of possibility of Jessica coming back he won't move on.  Of course, I also agree with @Randomosity that as soon as Lucy and Wyatt get together that's when Jessica will come back and then we'll have Wyatt torn between two women.  That's a serious trope that I just don't see these writers avoiding.

I hope they renew this show as I have greatly enjoyed it.  I am sure it's very expensive to make, though.

• Love 7

I know Rufus is the only one that knows how to pilot the machine, but can he *stay* in the machine? Someone has to guard it in case stuff goes wrong. And considering most of US history sucks for African Americans, odds are he would be much happier there.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Amy Beth said:

But my next thought was "Driver's license"? Did they even have such a thing in the 1930s?"

Yes, they did.  I just ran across my grandfather's Delaware license and registration from 1929.   The back had sections for the "highway officer" to punch for certain violations including intoxicated, bad brakes and reckless driving !   No photo though - it's just a two sided cardboard bit of paper.  

Although googling about brought up some info that Arkansas didn't get it until 1935.  Hmmm. 

https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/ohim/summary95/dl230.pdf

Edited by MrPissyPuppy
adding info about states drivers licenses in the '30s.
  • Love 3

Did anyone else notice that at about the 15 min. mark during the opening shootout outside the bank, Bonnie suddenly switches from firing with a 1930s-era pistol to a modern handgun, like the one Wyatt uses?  Then she switches back to the old gun. What happened? Did the actress lose her assigned gun between takes?

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 12.00.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 11.55.50 AM.png

Edited by RemoteControlFreak
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Ripley68 said:

There is also debate over how sexual their relationship was (I forget why, but there is legitimate arguments that they rarely, if ever, had sex).

I think Clyde was impotent.

1 hour ago, EAG46 said:

I know Rufus is the only one that knows how to pilot the machine, but can he *stay* in the machine? Someone has to guard it in case stuff goes wrong. And considering most of US history sucks for African Americans, odds are he would be much happier there.

I wonder if we might get an episode where that happens. It's a waste of Malcolm Barrett (or any actor) to do it on a regular basis, but the show has answered onscreen a lot of questions we were asking. 

17 minutes ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

Did anyone else notice that at about the 15 min. mark during the opening shootout outside the bank, Bonnie suddenly switches from firing with a 1930s-era pistol to a modern handgun, like the one Wyatt uses?  What happened? Did the actress lose her assigned gun between takes?

I didn't notice but in the pilot I was amazed that the cop was so amazed at the pistol he took from Wyatt. There have been some improvements in 100 years but the basic function and form of pistols was almost the same. I did notice Clyde pulling out the BAR and one handing that beast like Rambo

• Love 1

Did anyone else keep losing the audio for the first fifteen minutes or so?

Unlike most of the posters so far, I find myself getting more and more exasperated with the show.

It's not just you, I've been frustrated with it as  well. It's just a little too lather, rinse, repeat. Adventures in the past, fun times, reset, do it again. However, at least we're getting somewhere now with Agent Christopher and Rittenhouse, and I'm hoping against hope that next week's episode will give us some forward momentum on the Rittenhouse backstory. The show just can't maintain the same formula of chasing Flynn to a different historical era every single week, forever.

I noticed the gun switch, but it was quick and I wasn't sure which actress I was seeing. Having Rufus become Wesley Snipes is a great idea, that's an alias one can easily remember, whereas Rufus could forget he is "Joe Smoe" during some interrogation. And while I wasn't here in the 1930s, I do remember when driver licenses were punched. If you were pulled over, the cop would hold license up to see if there were punches (you are bad guy) or not (you are good guy). Lucy's dearly beloved shaved since the last time we saw him. Lucy needs to find out his name (!) and get on google to find out who he is ... and what she's been doing since her group has changed history about a zillion times now. And I STILL don't know why they don't time travel back a day early to catch Garcia before all the bad stuff happens. I mean ... DUH.

• LOL 1

I am in the minority, but I hate the Lucy/Wyatt thing.  I know they tried to make it part of the plot for this week, but it looks like they are setting it up for more.  I don't watch this show for the contrived romance, which feels forced to me.  But I like Jiya and Rufus( they seem more natural).  The actress who played Bonnie was terrific.  And I loved the Wesley Snipes line.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, saber5055 said:

And I STILL don't know why they don't time travel back a day early to catch Garcia before all the bad stuff happens. I mean ... DUH.

Garcia Flynn isn't in the past a day early. Typically, it seems like he gets to the past right before his intended intersection with history.  

Even if the team went back a day before in an effort to get a running start at him, they'd have to know what they were looking for and time their intervention perfectly. So in this episode, they'd have to know:  1) that Flynn was there to do something with Bonnie and Clyde.  They didn't know this.  2) Know where Bonnie and Clyde were the day before so they could stop them from going to where Flynn would be the next day.  Short of killing Bonnie and Clyde or tying them up someplace where Flynn could never find them, which would interfere with history too much, what could they actually do?  

Edited by RemoteControlFreak
  • Love 1

I really liked that one, even if the Wyatt and Lucy stuff is pretty cliched. I will say, I saw some real chemistry between them, and I enjoyed their banter. However, I am pretty sure you all called it about Wyatt's wife showing up after some time line changes. Really, its kind of weird the only big thing that has changed is Lucy's family (or at least, of stuff we see). Lucy and Wyatt are totally going to start to hit it off, and than WHAM, dead wife returns! 

Bonnie and Clyde were really well acted, kudos to the actors and the writing for making them exciting and even somewhat sympathetic in their deaths, while not overly romanticizing them. And Wyatt and Lucy were fun with them, and looked great in their period clothes. The costume and makeup people in this show deserve some serious love for this series. For working on a TV budget, they do a pretty good job with the different time periods. 

I honestly prefer episodes that are just about our gang running around history having adventures, with the Rittenhouse stuff in the background. I have seen plenty of shows that delve into these big ancient conspiracies, and they usually turn out to be stupid, convoluted, and poorly thought out. I guess we cant have a whole show just with the trio traveling around chasing Flynn, but I hope there is some kind of point to all of this. 

I really liked the Fed guy who was chasing Bonnie and Clyde, who stood up to Flynn. He seemed like a really solid guy, and its good to see a few law enforcement officials back in the day who were on the up and up. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5

Well, they don't seem too capable of stopping Garcia from doing anything anyway even when they go back to the same day. Plus Garcia never travels back to a date when "nothing" happens. Since he went back to the day before B+C were to be murdered, it's pretty safe they are what he is back for. And they've already changed history beyond hope with killing random people in every time zone. So Lucy knew B+C were to be murdered the next day ... why not clue them in or divert them instead of playing bank-robbing lovers. Once they spotted the necklace, that's all they needed to retrieve. Wyatt could have just shot Clyde and grabbed Bonnie's necklace. Instead, there was yet another big fail for our team. Plus I hate Rufus being named Rufus for so many reasons. Better he keeps Wesley as his first name. (Of course, this is an imaginary show about imaginary time travel, so whatever I think has absolutely no relevance. So there's that.)

• Love 1

I liked this one a lot, probably largely because the Bonnie and Clyde actors really sold it, and that made it interesting to just have four characters sitting around and talking. There was still tension because we could see what else was going on and knew what was at stake, but it also gave us a lot of insight into Lucy and Wyatt. I was pleasantly surprised by how well the seemingly shippy stuff from the promos was handled. Of course, the promos presented it all out of context and skipped the awkwardness that surrounded it. I loved the way Wyatt was watching Bonnie and Clyde, noticing the way they were together, then noticing the way he and Lucy were sitting primly at opposite ends of the sofa from each other while he told his very romantic proposal story, so he grabbed her and kissed her, or later when the other two were all snuggled up, and he clearly felt self-conscious about how wrong they looked and the way the others might seemed to have noticed, before he pulled Lucy to him, and it took them a while to settle into anything that looked remotely comfortable. The way they couldn't get their arms into a good position when they were lying next to each other on the bed was rather amusing. For most of the episode, it was like anti-shippy in context because it was all so stiff and awkward when compared to Bonnie and Clyde. I only thought it really went there at the end when they were a bit flustered around each other in the wardrobe room, but that was nicely ambiguous. She might be starting to have feelings for him, but I'm not sure if he really felt anything for her or if he was just feeling lonely and needing to connect and realized how much he'd missed that. I think it would be awkward to be around a co-worker you'd made out with, whether or not there were any real feelings there.

And I need to set up a keyboard macro for this, but please, why can't Wyatt shave? It's so weird because he's the only man on the show with that slight scruff that's not enough to count as a beard. Even the outlaws were more clean-cut. It just looks so out of place. I seriously doubt that actor has the kind of clout to have a no-shave clause in his contract, and it's only a few days of growth, so it's not like it would be a problem for him to be able to grow it back. There's no real story reason -- in fact, there are more story reasons for him to shave. It's becoming a distraction. I almost can't think of anything else when they show him in close-up.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

Bonnie suddenly switches from firing with a 1930s-era pistol to a modern handgun, like the one Wyatt uses?

Just so's you know:  The pistol appears to be a 1911 Colt, or one of the very many pistols modeled after John Browning's original design.  Wanna guess why it's called a 1911?  Yep, it was developed for the military in the early part of the last century and finally issued to servicemen in 1911.  So, Wyatt isn't using a modern pistol.  He's using an antiquated piece of crap, like what the army used before WW-I.  

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

Just so's you know:  The pistol appears to be a 1911 Colt, or one of the very many pistols modeled after John Browning's original design.  Wanna guess why it's called a 1911?  Yep, it was developed for the military in the early part of the last century and finally issued to servicemen in 1911.  So, Wyatt isn't using a modern pistol.  He's using an antiquated piece of crap, like what the army used before WW-I.  

Hey that was my issued weapon. I didn't serve long enough to be issued a Beretta 9mm and even when the regular Army upgraded the Special Forces continued with the proven antique.

Oh and the "fed" wasn't a US Marshal or FBI but rather a Texas Ranger Frank Hamer across state lines

Edited by Raja
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Raja said:

when the regular Army upgraded the Special Forces continued with the proven antique.

Special forces continue to use 45's when a silenced pistol is required.  Ole' Ugly fires a sub-sonic bullet.  Supersonic ammunition can't be silenced because the vast majority of the noise comes from sonic boom caused by the slug breaking the sound barrier.

• Useful 1

I mean, they still died in a hail of bullets so it's not like it changed much... but it still bothered me for some inexplicable reason.

There is a "hail of bullets" and then there is the way Bonnie and Clyde died in real life, which would only be rivaled by Sonny Corleone's cinematic death. Their ultimate fate was the same, but the circumstances were hugely different.

My only problem with this episode was Lucy once again getting all star struck and romantic over people an historian like herself would never be that way about. There was Judith Campbell in the Las Vegas episode, and now Bonnie and Clyde. I guess they had to have Lucy get all mushy over Bonnie and Clyde's love affair in order to get the ball rolling with her and Wyatt.

But in truth, while Bonnie and Clyde would be of interest, what with their being part of the "Public Enemies" era during the Depression, I doubt Lucy would romanticize a pair of low-rent, dirtbag murderers, which is what Bonnie and Clyde truly were.

• Love 5