Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: The Blueprint

• Start Topic

When classified government documents are leaked online, President Kirkman searches for the party responsible only to find that they have taken refuge inside a foreign embassy and are behind even his reach. Meanwhile, Agent Hannah Wells races furiously to gather evidence of MacLeish's involvement in the conspiracy before he can be confirmed as the country's next Vice President.

Why is the Speaker of the House holding up confirmation hearings?   Does the whole Congress approve the VP?

Why is the person who KNOWS people with information die not spreading her information far and wide?   You notice the Assange stand in had a flash drive so his information wouldn't die with him.   At the moment he is still alive?   Instead FBI Hannah is all "i've got the evidence I'm on my way to give it to you" instead of you know using her words.   Who cares it might not be a secure line.   That's a good thing right now.   

Oh and McLeish with his "the little woman might be all upset because her binkie boo died in the bombing.   You know those women just can't think straight when upset.   And then they fixate on the wrong person.  Just so unhinged those women."  Fuck you McLeish.

And against we have the Waiver in Chief in charge.   The first time that Senator pulled the "I want her fired" card, he should have said, "You got your apology and that is all you are getting.   I pick my staff."  But nooooo we get a "let's try to keep everyone happy" attempt.   Until, once again his CoS finds the Presidential backbone.    Oh and we have Special Advisor worrying about economic policy for the next 3 years.   As someone noted above when I mentioned policies "he has policies."   Why should we care his economic policies have been threatened when we have no idea what this guy intends to do as president.   We've never even seen him wonder what he should be doing.   Maybe his policies are so bad they should be held up.   I get it, suddenly thrust into the presidency unprepared.   But there should have been some indication that he is thinking that now he is president he should have some policies to present to the new Congress.

I may not be back after the winter break.   Too much stupid going on.

• Love 10

I was okay with all the plot stuff until Hannah started driving recklessly (IMO).

So was McLeish blackmailed because of his war crimes?

It didn't seem like Hannah or her trusted confidant had ever watched a crime show where a detective cop like Lennie Briscoe noted that all of the suspects, when questioned separately, had stories that were too identical (meaning they had met together earlier to get their fake story straight).

• Love 12

OK, so it's still a mess...but this one worked much better than it did before, mostly because there was cohesion in that everything essentially tied to Peter MacLeish.

I'm not sure where to begin. Maybe most pertinent was Gabriel Thompson, this show's version of Edward Snowden, who sacrificed his entire life to reveal the truth to President Tom Kirkman. I'll let go the contrivances that allowed Thompson to escape the National Security Agency with sensitive information, but I'm glad that, for once, there's an anti-government guy who actually wants to help Kirkman instead of stab him in the back.

I also think the side plot with the groping Senator was a little...out there. Not sure I liked that Emily Rhoades was a spectator in her own plot, and I wished she had a bit more of a backbone and that the show was a bit stronger in her defence from the get-go. The "I pick my staff" hard line should have been said the first time around, not the second.

I hate to politic, but it's pretty bad when Hollywood says sexual harassment by superiors is just "something we gotta accept". Yeah, it's hard to stop- but by no means should it ever be suggested it's just "something you gotta accept".

Then there's Hannah Wells. She has no luck does she? First of all, if the Office of Professional Responsibility is all up in her grill and arrested her partner for investigating MacLeish, why is she drawing attention to herself by using her sirens? Just phone back Kimble Hookstraten and blame DC traffic.

I also find it hard to believe, if she's willing to phone up a Congresswoman at random, that Wells has no one else she can trust. Surely there's at least someone else at the Bureau who'd want to assist her in investigating the Capitol Bombing. You'd think that with Jason Atwood in jail there might be a few "feebs" who'd want to get their hands dirty and try to figure out what exactly is going on.

C'mon...uncovering conspiracies is what the FBI is made for. Those guys would froth at the mouth for a chance to catch the guy who framed Atwood.

I could talk about how, at this stage, the Capitol Bombing truly is becoming this show's Red John in that it's become a truly convoluted mass that has lost its realism, but I think for now I can look past how ridiculous it is. For now.

Episode Grade: B+. Despite its silliness, I'll be back for the second half.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Sheesh even if MacLeish is being blackmailed, dude is unstable! Wiped out how many towns/communities in retaliation for an op gone bad? Definitely shouldn't be anywhere near the Oval Office. Unless the CIA paperwork recounting the incidents were faked, dude is diiiiiirty.

Calling it now - Aaron and Emily already on the love train means 

Spoiler

Next week's assassination attempt on Kirkman is gonna have him taking the bullet. Ritter's already been shot, Emily was nearly bounced this week, so Aaron is the one left to have a crisis just as he and Emily begin to hook up.

Hannah and Wikileaks Guy can you not speak cryptically and just tell people what they need to know? 

Mr. President, the bombing was an inside job.

Madame Speaker, MacLeish is a war criminal in league with one of the masterminds of the bombing.

See? Simple!

Seth was so like the little bro always walking in at the worst time for Aaron and Emily and ribbing Aaron about not getting HIM coffee and saying 'I told you so.'

No Wyatt sightings this episode. Bad.

No First Lady or First Kids problems this episode. Good.

• Love 11

This was much, much better.

Conveniently Keeping Silent and other plot contrivances etc. are still here, but finally, finally the plot is going forward. And Kirkman knows it's an inside job. Is there hope he's going to finally grow more suspicious of McLeish? Although it's not his fault if nobody talks to him.

Kirkman isn't quite there yet, but there's progress, too. At least he got to lay down the law. Since the Power of Love and Sincere Apology didn't work, my fingers are crossed so that he stops using it and goes directly for more efficient methods. The show is way more enjoyable for me when Kirkman is more assertive and when there's no First Family.

The crisis of the week was about a character I know and appreciate, so it wasn't perfect (I knew that Emily wouldn't be gone) but I cared. I liked how it was a smokescreen and linked to the Big Case. I was certain that Wikileaks Guy was going to be murdered before he met Kirkman, so I was pleasantly surprised he didn't. But of course, he had to be cryptic. He warns Kirkman to be careful with who he shares the file, a second later Kirkman gives it to his bodyguard...it made me chuckle although yes, I know that Mike isn't any bodyguard but Kirkman's BFF.

Once more Aaron saved the day. Love him. Love Team Kirkman. I'm glad that Emily put the President's interest before hers. Aaron and Emily are indeed the Ship and they're cute, sorry not sorry (the fiancé suddenly disappeared, Mike suddenly got IT skills, I don't care, I was entertained). Loved the Seth and Aaron banter.

McLeish might be manipulated but he's a rat bastard all the same. I wanted to kick him in the balls when he threw Hannah under the bus. The actor is very good at portraying a rat bastard, maybe the best I've seen since Nicholas Lea/Krycek.

Love, love Hookstraten. And I liked that Kirkman didn't attribute her opinion about McLeish to simple pettiness. 

I fear for Hannah's coworker, he has more chances of biting the bullet than Atwood imo. I like Ginger Spy. (Again, plot contrivances aside) I enjoyed the investigation storyline.

Episodes like this one show imo that DS has potential. It needs better focus and better continuity to exploit the good basic ideas, good characters and excellent actors imo.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 7

Probably been said 1 million times, but does anyone else find it strange that the whole world is it freaking out? I mean people are still going to coffee shops and having to Caramel pumps, the whole entire government was killed a few weeks ago.

Anyway, do we know for sure that Peter really is the traitor? Because it's become so obvious just hoping that somehow he is been set up. The whole Deep Throat I'm giving you hints on the telephone thing is really getting old. It's like some weird political Nancy Drew, and giveN the crisis in the free world, doesn't make much sense.

Edited by lucindabelle
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

It didn't seem like Hannah or her trusted confidant had ever watched a crime show where a detective cop like Lennie Briscoe noted that all of the suspects, when questioned separately, had stories that were too identical (meaning they had met together earlier to get their fake story straight).

Or ever saw The Manchurian Candidate:  "Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life."

• Love 6

I liked this episode because I am easy. I liked the Snowdenesque guy and hope Tom gives him some sort of presidential clemency.

Over one hundred Independents in the new Congress? All-rightly then.

Even if McLiesh is being blackmailed, he's so slimy that I hope he eventually goes down.

Some nice, subtle acting from Kiefer in this one. Tom is clearly becoming less mopey and more on task. Caving to Senator Gropey would have been the wrong move since Senator would file away the fact that Tom is easy blackmailed.

I know the show is filmed in Toronto, but that shot where Tom was gazing out at the Washington Monument looked really fake.

Much tighter edited in this episode and little family drama.

Hannah!!! Based on the realism shown by the rest of the show, she will probably emerge from the wrecked car completely unscathed. Or not.

Edited by marinw
Spelling
  • Love 3

Best part of the episode:

Kiefer: "This hard drive contains critical, not to mention highly classified, information on the attack which eviscerated our nation's government. Here you go, Mike!"

I love Mike.

2 hours ago, clb1016 said:

Or ever saw The Manchurian Candidate:  "Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life."

My first thought! It was cool to have the repeated phrase. To be honest, I had considered that McLeish wasn't the hero he was presented as, or that he may have committed a murder or two (out of cowardice, perhaps, maybe to escape), but I hadn't actually considered the fact he could be a war criminal! Or, I had considered the possibility he was "the" bad guy in this specific scenario, but not that he was "a" bad guy in general, a straight-up murderer. I resent the fact I ever liked him. Then again, when he tried to implicate Hannah in the Nassar murder, suggesting Atwood is covering for her, I was like "OK yeah, he's got game. That's why I like him." I mean, I hate him, but the actor is really nailing it.

8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I think so. Smart of the show to set up the blackmail angle, but make us suspect it involved his little son. Now we got a truly surprising (at least for me) reveal.

7 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

I also think the side plot with the groping Senator was a little...out there. Not sure I liked that Emily Rhoades was a spectator in her own plot, and I wished she had a bit more of a backbone and that the show was a bit stronger in her defence from the get-go. The "I pick my staff" hard line should have been said the first time around, not the second.

I hate to politic, but it's pretty bad when Hollywood says sexual harassment by superiors is just "something we gotta accept". Yeah, it's hard to stop- but by no means should it ever be suggested it's just "something you gotta accept".

Agreed. They should have been more blatant about their disgust for that perv (Kiefer tried, with a few pointed looks). Not just "you should retire and live happily with your kids". And I've been saying that Emily in particular has been very underused, and at least this storyline allowed us to see how valued she is, but she had no agency (other than choosing to resign for the greater good, which is consistent with her personality, I guess). She didn't even stick up for herself (on screen, at least), she just apologized to that creeper without flinching. I did like how she sort of gloated in the end, though.

I should have known they were going to give us an Emily story when they remembered Aaron has a thing for her, though. Again, I keep saying Aaron and Emily are underused, but cute flirting is not exactly what I had in mind when I said wanted a storyline for them. That said, it is cute ("You're a good employee?" Aww.), and I do ship it (because what else is there to ship? Other than Kirkman/Mike?), and I guess it's better than nothing. Plus, the "Seth and Aaron give each other shit" angle is very entertaining, at least. As is Kal Penn's face, every time he interrupts Aaron and Emily.

I do like the speculation by @TobinAlbers above. Hm.

And I also liked that closing scene. Emily called Aaron out on liking her, and he basically mumbled a half-assed "you're okay I guess". But she wasn't going to go for that, so she flat-out said "alright, let me know when you grow a pair" and started walking away. I hadn't even finished thinking "you go girl" when Aaron explicitly asked her out, 3 seconds later. Good for him. They both played it right. They're a sweet, lowkey pairing. I don't mind it.

Nor do I mind the sight of Aaron in suspenders.

The FBI plot was cray.  It was good to see Reed Diamond, especially because he wasn't being a full-on dick (much). And Hannah's Hacker is called "Chuck", I guess? He's funny.  And I like how he's helping Hannah because he knows she's a good agent, and because she's right, and not because she, like, batted her eyelashes at him or something, or because he has a crush on her. It's a small detail, but I appreciate it. I sure hope he didn't get fired. And I want to know what'll happen to Atwood. Kiefer didn't seem to buy the confession, and he still trusts McLeish (ugh), so maybe he will suspect Hannah. That's interesting. And, obviously, Hannah was going to get T-boned, so that was way too predictable. But also, classic Designated Survivor.

The more Hookstraten, the better the episode. A pattern I've noticed. Speaking of Hookstraten, an early contender for biggest laugh of the night was Kirkman's wife saying, "She [Hookstraten] is intimidated by you." I actually started chuckling, but then Kiefer was like "lol no she's not" and then I got sad. Poor Kirkman. So self-aware.

Oh and Venezuelans have bad Russian accents? Cool.

Really fun episode. All the plots are advancing (McLeish is about to become the VP, Hannah just got proof he's a bad guy, Congress has been reinstated, Kirkman finally knows the attack was an inside job). And next week's promo looks awesome. I don't care, I'm still enjoying this show 100%.

• Love 9

These writers are shockingly bad.  I mean, really?  Hannah to Chuck:  "This isn't our smoking gun, but it's a hell of a lot closer than we've ever been to one before" (paraphrase).  Well thank you, Hannah the Exposition Fairy, too bad we hadn't already, I dunno, surmised this ourselves as we watched your prior scenes like sentient people!  She might as well have turned to the camera and spoken directly into it "Sorry audience members, you're stuck with us for another week, because this is yet more suspicion and conjecture that is too half-baked to clinch any plot developments.  What, you were expecting forward movement?"

• Love 3
1 hour ago, paigow said:

Kirkman saw his VP "hand rubbing" - anvil tell for shadiness

I forgot about that! You're right, and Kirkman definitely noticed, so there's a chance he won't buy McLeish's accusations against Hannah. I hope so, at least.

Oh and I mentioned Reed Diamond, but another one of my favorites is Brent Sexton, and he had a decent-sized role. His character's actions made sense, I think. That's information worth leaking. Knowing an American actually orchestrated the attack. Especially having lost a child in the process. That part was believable, at least for this show's (low) standards.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

I like how the show treated those 162 independents as if they were their own political party...have they forgotten what "independent" really means?

The political discussions on this show are so naive. Are viewers supposed to be excited that the President & a substantial amount of Congress is now independent?

If the public on this show is under the impression that the Congress was destroyed by Muslim terrorirists, then it is likely that the party most supportive of taking a hard line on terrorists would win the election.

This show doesn't make sense.

I don't like Kirkland kid. He reminds me of Chris on the Walking Dead

• Love 5

I thought it was odd that Kirkman got what, maybe 3 minutes with Sweater Snowden, before the security guards were all "we have to go now".  Hey, wait, I'm the President, and if I want to spend more time with this guy who seems to be the only one who knows what is really going on, then he'll just stay here for a while.  What was the rush and why did Kirkman cave to it (other than for dramatic purpose)?

• Love 21

Hears:  "I have critical info on MacLeish which will affect his being selected!  I'm not going to tell you what it is, I'll just broadcast on this open line that I'm driving over to tell you in person!"

Thinks:  She'll be T-boned at an intersection in less than 30 seconds...

Predictability is ruining this show for me, primarily the fact that Kirkman will be a pussy.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, chaifan said:

I thought it was odd that Kirkman got what, maybe 3 minutes with Sweater Snowden, before the security guards were all "we have to go now".  Hey, wait, I'm the President, and if I want to spend more time with this guy who seems to be the only one who knows what is really going on, then he'll just stay here for a while.  What was the rush and why did Kirkman cave to it (other than for dramatic purpose)?

That's what I couldn't figure either - he's the friggin' President of the United States.  If he wants to talk to the guy, the Secret Service/US Marshals/FBI are going to sit down and shut up until he is finished.

• Love 8

Predictability is ruining this show for me, primarily the fact that Kirkman will be a pussy.

That's what I couldn't figure either - he's the friggin' President of the United States.  If he wants to talk to the guy, the Secret Service/US Marshals/FBI are going to sit down and shut up until he is finished.

I noticed that he is back to wearing his BC glasses (BC=Birth Control)

Edited by MaryHedwig
  • Love 5

WTF: Kirkman cannot believe that FauxSnowden is untouchable while in Venezuelan Embassy.

Buddy get a clue! Assange [who must exist in this reality because Wikileaks was explicitly named] has been living in "Ecuador" for several years. Jason Bourne escapes Swiss cops by entering local US embassy.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

But if Kirkman were to actually ask for a few more minutes, like a normal person, how were we going to get that "dramatic" shot of the agents grabbing Brent Sexton while he was trying to blurt out super-important information as he was getting dragged away? "Look for file 12544-AJFHD-" and off he was. Kirkman was lucky Sexton managed to blurt out the complete file name, otherwise Mike would have had to dig through terabytes of info.

20 minutes ago, MaryHedwig said:

I noticed that he is back is wearing his BC glasses (BC=Birth Control)

Right? I thought he got rid of those and got a "makeover". Maybe that's just for public appearances. Speaking of fashion, what the hell was his wife wearing? That was some jacket.

18 minutes ago, paigow said:

WTF: Kirkman cannot believe that FauxSnowden is untouchable while in Venezuelan Embassy.

Buddy get a clue! Assange [who must exist in this reality because Wikileaks was explicitly named] has been living in "Ecuador" for several years. Jason Bourne escapes Swiss cops by entering local US embassy.

It did appear as though Kirkman was confused about that. Or maybe, like, incredulous? At least Aaron seemed to know better.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Princess Lucky said:

Kirkman was lucky Sexton managed to blurt out the complete file name, otherwise Mike would have had to dig through terabytes of info.

He did better than me - I rewound (OK, so you don't really "rewind" the DVR) three times and I still didn't understand what the guy said.

They need to have a script consultant who understands the Constitution and the political process.  The Speaker of the House has nothing to do with confirmation hearings as it is the Senate that confirms presidential appointments.  

Kirkman really doesn't seem to understand that he is the President at various times.  Maybe he should focus on the job at hand rather than sending every 4th text to his children...

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

They need to have a script consultant who understands the Constitution and the political process.  The Speaker of the House has nothing to do with confirmation hearings as it is the Senate that confirms presidential appointments.  

Kirkman really doesn't seem to understand that he is the President at various times.  Maybe he should focus on the job at hand rather than sending every 4th text to his children...

VP is different.  They are confirmed by both houses. 

"I'm sure that Kirkman's daughter and Mandy from The West Wing are very happy together" -- that made me guffaw!

The show is trying SO desperately to be The New West Wing -- with no success -- that I expect Seth to go to the National Security Advisor and sob, "They're KILLING the women, Whatever-Your-Name-Is!"

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Netfoot said:

Thinks:  She'll be T-boned at an intersection in less than 30 seconds...

Just for fun, I looked up DC on Google Earth, and Constitution Ave. is all of 3/4 of a mile long.  Pretty good for the big bad to get their  compliant taxi and the SUV O'Death in line in such a short time.  Of course, the Airbag O'Life got its camera shot so I am reasonably sure that Hannah will continue her pursuit of the dark forces as incompetently as ever.  If she needs an attorney in the matter, I would suggest Annalise Keating.

So MacLeish's unit wiped out three Afghan villages after losing men to a sniper, but it was completely covered up.  I don't know if the writers have been apprised of this, but the Taliban are actually quite skilled at media exploitation, and this would have been all over the world in a matter of days and 11-14 would not be a secret anymore.  Even in the US.

Maybe if Kirkman hadn't spent the first minute of his meeting with NSA guy telling him what he already knew, the spy would have had more time to explain what was going on.  By the way, were there any other files on the hard drive? At least Kirkman knows there's a traitor, now.  Hopefully there is some federal agency, or at least a bureau, that is tasked with investigating crimes against the United States.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Hopefully there is some federal agency, or at least a bureau, that is tasked with investigating crimes against the United States.

There is!  But it consists of only two operatives.  One is in federal lock-up, and the other has just been in a car accident.

• Love 10

While acknowledging that I've only been to DC one time for the standard 8th grade trip, what baffled me most was that Hannah had on her siren and NO ONE GOT OUT OF HER WAY!  Again, maybe DC doesn't care (which I doubt) but, here in Nashville, when you hear sirens you get to the side of the road or just hit the brakes and stay where you are until they pass.  You don't keep just keep driving and ignore the flashing lights trying to get by.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

...So MacLeish's unit wiped out three Afghan villages after losing men to a sniper, but it was completely covered up.  I don't know if the writers have been apprised of this, but the Taliban are actually quite skilled at media exploitation, and this would have been all over the world in a matter of days and 11-14 would not be a secret anymore.  Even in the US....

I'm pretty sure that's a ripped-from-the-headlines true story. No?

15 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

While acknowledging that I've only been to DC one time for the standard 8th grade trip, what baffled me most was that Hannah had on her siren and NO ONE GOT OUT OF HER WAY!  Again, maybe DC doesn't care (which I doubt) but, here in Nashville, when you hear sirens you get to the side of the road or just hit the brakes and stay where you are until they pass.  You don't keep just keep driving and ignore the flashing lights trying to get by.

I will soon be posting this trope to the Only On TV thread.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

To be fair, that was when he was HUD Secretary, not President.

12 hours ago, oakville said:

I think the show needs a political consultant.

It's ridiculous that 162 independent congressmen would be elected.

I think it kind of, sort of, maybe not has one.  I saw on the credits that Kal Penn is listed as a consultant.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

Of course, the Airbag O'Life got its camera shot so I am reasonably sure that Hannah will continue her pursuit of the dark forces as incompetently as ever.

Which is another pet peeve of mine - her car was hit from the side, after she had stopped behind the taxi, the airbag shouldn't have gone off.  Another "only on TV" moment.

1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

I've been to DC a bunch, and it seems like there is always something going past with lights and siren - Metro Police, fire, EMS, Capitol Police, Secret Service, you name it.  It's an every day occurrence, and people do get out of the way.

• Love 3

Dang it, Agent Hannah, don't you watch tv?

If you tell someone you have vital information but won't give it over the phone, you've placed yourself in deadly peril.

If you try to drive somewhere with said information, you're likely to get t-boned.

Personally, i was hoping they would pull a shocker and *not* t-bone her.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, frogprof said:

"I'm sure that Kirkman's daughter and Mandy from The West Wing are very happy together" -- that made me guffaw!

The show is trying SO desperately to be The New West Wing -- with no success -- that I expect Seth to go to the National Security Advisor and sob, "They're KILLING the women, Whatever-Your-Name-Is!"

There was pedeconferencing - major West Wing shout out!

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

Well, we have a Pussy-Grabbing Felon-at-Large about to become President (unless the damn Electors come to their collective senses and name someone not insane).  So it really does look like, for the nation as a whole, sexual harassment by superiors is just "something we gotta accept".

18 hours ago, clb1016 said:

I was right there with you/

2 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

If she needs an attorney in the matter, I would suggest Annalise Keating.

Annalise would manipulate someone into murdering MacGuffin and another someone into murdering Umbrella Woman, and would convince Catalan to commit suicide, then get both someones off with a wascally courtroom trick.

2 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

While acknowledging that I've only been to DC one time for the standard 8th grade trip, what baffled me most was that Hannah had on her siren and NO ONE GOT OUT OF HER WAY! 

That's what happens here in New Jersey.  If you do make the mistake of pulling over, the other drivers will cut you off when you try to get back in the lane.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

It's sad that the minute Kirkman's wife walks in the room, I groan.  I cannot stand her character and I sure don't buy them as a couple.

I had no strong feelings about her until it was announced that she had a degree in Constitutional Law, in addition to Immigration Law.  I'm sure there are people who have degrees in both, but it was far too convenient to the whole plot of this show for her to have both.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

Well, we have a Pussy-Grabbing Felon-at-Large about to become President (unless the damn Electors come to their collective senses and name someone not insane).

Without wanting to get into the debate, I wouldn't be comfortable with real life democratic institutions ignoring their roles, no matter the reason. It's a bad precedent, and I'm not sure I'd want to live with the fallout.

Having said that, exploring what would happen in such a scenario is precisely the kind of topic this show should be exploring.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

To be fair, that was when he was HUD Secretary, not President.

I think it kind of, sort of, maybe not has one.  I saw on the credits that Kal Penn is listed as a consultant.

Kal Penn did work for the Obama administration. However, the show is completely missing the political West wing type of stories. I like most of the actors on the show & the main plot of who blew up the Capital Building. However, I could care less about the whiny teen. Kirkman's wife is also annoying.

I want to see more of Kimble.

I think the writers should watch Jericho. That was a show that kept the conspiracy of who blew up the government going for 2 seasons.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

.... I like most of the actors on the show & the main plot of who blew up the Capital Building. However, I could care less about the whiny teen. Kirkman's wife is also annoying.

I want to see more of Kimble....

Yes, yes, yes, and maybe yes if she stops twirling her metaphorical mustache in every scene.

I wonder if they are making the wife and teen superfluous because they're red shirts and don't want the audience to get too upset when they are offed. Speaking of superfluous, does Kirkman still have another child?

• Love 1