Type keyword(s) to search

Ryan: What the hell happened to him?

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, BackdoorFarrah said:

https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/24/ryan-edwards-arrested-bar-bill-theft-whisky-jack-daniels/

Troubled 'Teen Mom' star Ryan Edwards was arrested over a whiskey bill.

According to police documents, obtained by TMZ, Edwards was at Bud's bar in Hamilton County, Tennessee where he ordered 6 Jack Daniel's whiskey, raking up a bill of $36 and then walking out without forking over the money.

The bartender called the cops and recognized his face from photos in the Criminal Justice Portal. His mug was there because he's been arrested multiple times before, for drug possession and other offenses.

Police located Edwards and arrested him for Theft of Services Under $1,000.

According to cops, Edwards was in the bar from noon till 4 PM, when he left.

The incident went down last month, but he was arrested Wednesday.

He's still in custody.

$36.00???

*nelson laugh*  HA ha!

um, is it just me or is six whiskeys a shitload of alcohol?  I feel like I'd be in the hospital. (i'm a 5'2 female not a grown-ass man but still...)

• Love 16
On 1/24/2019 at 3:32 PM, ghoulina said:

1. So much for staying sober. 

2. You can't even afford a $36 bar tab????

3. He's hanging out in bars at noon instead of helping take care of his newborn baby? 

You reap what you sow, Mack. 

Drinking from noon until 4 is never a good sign.  Clearly he still has issues.  And is stupid enough to think noone will notice he doesn't pay or who he is.

• Love 10

Didn't Mackenzie vow that if Ryan relapsed she would leave him because she didn't want to be married to an addict? (Begging the question, why did she marry someone who was nodding off from heroin while driving to the wedding...)

I actually feel bad for Jen and Larry, despite their denial and codependency, because it sucks having a child who's a heroin addict. They've made mistakes as parents, but no one "deserves" to live in fear that their child will die, spend years trying to figure out how to support him without being codependent, etc., etc. They're not "my kind of people," but I think they're essentially nice people who are in a terrible situation. I don't really see Mackenzie the same way because I feel like there's so much opportunism in her relationship with Ryan. I don't feel like she "really loves him" or is deeply invested in their relationship for emotional reasons, so it's hard for me to overlook the horrible decisions she's made throughout her relationship with him or to really care that things aren't working out for her.

Honestly, I don't even get why she was ever with him (much less why she married him or was having unprotected sex with him while he was using heroin). They don't seem to have a lot of personal or sexual chemistry. Was she just super dazzled by him being a B-level character on a reality show? She seems calculating and opportunistic and she didn't have much going on professionally herself, so I get why she wanted a guy who would take care of her and her son, but could she really not do any better than Ryan? When they got together he was a "recovering" addict with no job apart from a reality show. I believe he was living in his grandmother's house and Jen and Larry were probably helping him out financially, but still. A guy his age who had a career and his own house would have been a much better catch and I would think she'd at least try to find someone like that. Wasn't she like 20 (and divorced) when they got married? I don't think she's "smart" in an academic sense, but she does seem smart on a basic life level and you don't have to be a genius to find some guy with a job and get him to marry you. Ryan wasn't looking for a wife and a stepson (and he doesn't seem that into her), so she had to do some work to bag him. Why not put that effort into someone better? I wonder how long it will take her to cut her losses and accept that she'll be thrice married and have kids by 3 guys before she's 25 (though I'd assume she'd claim to have "old-fashioned values")

• Love 13
On 1/29/2019 at 5:32 PM, politichick said:

McKenzie must be so  fucking proud. And the baby is going to be, like, who the fuck is that? What the hell happened to this dude, as in what sent him down this terrible track?

I just read that Mac and Ryan were talking about getting pregnant again before he was arrested this week. Honestly, there is something seriously wrong with this girl.

• Love 18

Mackenzie is such an enigma to me. For starters, she usually looks SO much older than she really is. I was floored to find out she wasn't in her mid-late 30s. When she initially appeared with Ryan, I was convinced she was a nurse - being paid by his parents to keep an eye on him. But once there was baby talk and marriage talk, I realized - this is a real relationship. What. The. Fuck. 

I just can't figure out how any young, single mom would be attracted to SUCH a mess. He's not even cute any more. Hasn't been in a long time. And he's not super charming. Even Adumb could be flirty and charming at times. This dude is a lifeless lump. He's always so monotone and taciturn. Even when sober. WORSE when he's sober.  I can't see him wooing a girl. 

The only thing that makes a bit of sense is that she wanted on the show that badly. She was a Teen Mom. Maybe she wanted to be featured and thought this was an easier way to get on there. Except they basically quit filming and no one really gives a fuck about her. If that was her plan, it didn't work. So now they're not really on the show, he's relapsed several times. He's in and out of trouble with the law. Is she just staying out of PRIDE, at this point? 

I don't get it. 

• Love 14

Mackenzie is truly insane to sleep with Ryan, especially with no protection. Not only is he cheating on her with who knows who but he’s also “been” an intravenous drug user. He gets so fucked up in the early afternoon in a bar that he forgets to pay his $36 bill so I’m assuming he’s not caution about anything when he’s shooting up or banging strange. 

• Love 19
21 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Maybe Mac wants Ryan’s inheritance? Or Larry and Jens love? I don’t get it either. 

I definitely think Mimi Jen's Free Babysitting Service is a plus.  She'll even watch any kids Mac has with her next husband/boyfriend (see: Jen watching Maci's kids with Taylor).  I'd LOVE to have a Mimi Jen who would watch my littles for free while I work (and Mac will again have to work) instead of paying more than my mortgage in daycare or finding (& paying) sitters if we want to do something without the kids (which rarely happens because it requires finding/paying sitters). My guess is Mimi Jen is also a pretty great mother-in-law figure to have (given her relationship with Maci).  (Larry is another story.) 

However, I think her main motivation was Teen Mom "fame" and "money."

Too bad Ryan is shooting that money up his arm and the fan base doesn't like her.  

She's in her early 20s, on her second marriage, and has two babies by two different men.  She hooked her talons into Ryan for TM "stardom" and now thinks she can't unhook without losing face (new flash, Mac, you've already lost it).  She knows her odds of finding another guy with two divorces and two kids by two men at age 23(?) are slim, plus she wouldn't be on TV anymore to attract potential suitors.  Maybe she figures being a young widow will be more palatable to potential suitors than a twice-divorced woman with two kids, so she's just waiting Ryan out. (I don't think she wants him to die by any means, but she probably sees it's likely to happen eventually.) 

People are already judging you Mac.  Go ahead and divorce him.  Trust me, that is the one thing that will make people judge you a little less.  At least divorce him now while there still may be some TM money or assets left that you can get versus after the show ends or after you're left broke when he dies from his addiction.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

She's in her early 20s, on her second marriage, and has two babies by two different men.  She hooked her talons into Ryan for TM "stardom" and now thinks she can't unhook without losing face (new flash, Mac, you've already lost it).  She knows her odds of finding another guy with two divorces and two kids by two men at age 23(?) are slim, plus she wouldn't be on TV anymore to attract potential suitors.  Maybe she figures being a young widow will be more palatable to potential suitors than a twice-divorced woman with two kids, so she's just waiting Ryan out. (I don't think she wants him to die by any means, but she probably sees it's likely to happen eventually.) 

People are already judging you Mac.  Go ahead and divorce him.  Trust me, that is the one thing that will make people judge you a little less.  At least divorce him now while there still may be some TM money or assets left that you can get versus after the show ends or after you're left broke when he dies from his addiction.

ITA agree that Mac should cut her losses and divorce Ryan ASAP. Jen and Larry will still be supportive (emotionally and financially) because of Jagger and she's still young enough to find some other sucker guy to marry her and provide long-term financial support. I would strongly advise her to find a somewhat nerdy/socially-awkward/similarly "handicapped" guy who makes a good living and is "nice" and intent on being a good husband and (step-)father, rather than someone who's on a reality show, or someone who used to be good looking, or whatever her reasons for choosing Ryan were.

I stress her youth because I think her only advantage is that many people in TN who ascribe to mainstream culture think it's good/normal to get married and have kids in their early to mid-twenties. Some of the hetero males who fall into that category have finished college/maybe grad school (or not) and have good jobs and their own homes/etc. (because the cost of living is relatively low in that area). So Mac could find a 25-32 yo guy who's financially sound and kind of socially awkward, as well as eager to get married because he feels like the "clock is ticking," he wants to be a husband and dad, etc. who would think she's a catch because she's "good-looking" (to him), a "nice girl" (to him), "glamorous" (because she's been on TV), or whatever. Since I don't believe that she's holding out for "true love," that seems like her best strategic option to me.

• Love 9

Mac doesn't need a man - I mean, she must be making OODLES of money from that event planning business we haven't heard about since she announced it.

Edited by Stusan
There was snarkier snark to be had.
  • LOL 6
  • Love 13

I was scrolling through Instagram and either Maci or Mack posted photos of all of the children together. Several photos included  Maci and Mack.

Errrr. Am I the only one that sees that as.....odd. Fuck. Maybe I'm just Old AF. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 2/9/2019 at 2:43 AM, FairyDusted said:

I was scrolling through Instagram and either Maci or Mack posted photos of all of the children together. Several photos included  Maci and Mack.

Errrr. Am I the only one that sees that as.....odd. Fuck. Maybe I'm just Old AF. 

Nope!  It’s weird AF.  I commented on it in Maci’s thread where there are pics of the portrait posted.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I wish she'd just be honest and say "they gave me a grandkid and I have free rein over this one so I give no fucks what they do, but I guess I'll mount a half assed defense of them when asked so they don't get vengeful about the grandkid".

• Love 5

Mack will be scary at 40.

Looks like Ryan has lost a little weight.

And y'all know what that means.

Just like on Friends, when Chandler got puffy, you knew Matthew Perry was taking another stab at sobriety. Same with Ben Affleck.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 11
(edited)
On 5/7/2019 at 12:34 PM, galaxychaser said:

Mac looks 35. 

I'm 36 and I think I may look younger (I definitely look younger than Mac with make-up/hair done and filters like she has here). 

Mac, you're wasting what's left of "your pretty" on this manchild.  The MTV fame ain't worth it and he isn't anywhere close to being HotRhine of old.  Cut loose and go.  I'm sure Mimi Jen will still offer free childcare for your baby and Hudson, so you would still be able to keep that benefit. (I don't even like Mac, but she needs to get out now, with her kids.) 

Does anyone know if Mac is still in nursing school?

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 10
(edited)
43 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I am also enraged, but this is not Ryan's wife, it's a different Teen Mom McKenzie.

Ah! Whoops. Thanks. With all these McKenzies and Leahs I can't keep up sometimes. I'll continue being enraged elsewhere.

Edited by monicageller
  • LOL 5

A staged show? So the producers are editing beers into Ryan's hands? He just holds a beer while filming but doesn't drink from it? It's apple cider in a beer glass? I need clarification, Mack. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 8
On 6/17/2019 at 10:10 AM, ghoulina said:

A staged show? So the producers are editing beers into Ryan's hands? He just holds a beer while filming but doesn't drink from it? It's apple cider in a beer glass? I need clarification, Mack. 

No matter how many times her stupid comebacks end up digging the hole deeper, she just can't seem to grasp the wisdom of not commenting back, can she?

In the Secret Life of Pets 2, the dog voiced by Harrison Ford explains you've got to let people make their own mistakes and learn from them, and goes on to say, how many times did I chew through an electrical cord? Once.

...good thing Mack has never shown any interest in chewing through electrical cords. I guess.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Tatum said:

In the Secret Life of Pets 2, the dog voiced by Harrison Ford explains you've got to let people make their own mistakes and learn from them, and goes on to say, how many times did I chew through an electrical cord? Once.

...good thing Mack has never shown any interest in chewing through electrical cords. I guess.

Bahahaha, I LOVE this reference. I just took my kids to that movie last Friday. Rooster was my favorite dog! 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Farmfam said:

As per The Ashley, they are having another baby, a girl, due in January. 

giphy.gif