Type keyword(s) to search

Ryan: What the hell happened to him?

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

From US Magazine:

Her side of the story. Maci Bookout has spoken out publicly for the first time about her ex Ryan Edwards’ recent arrest.

“I’ll be honest, I have no idea what state he’s in because he’s not allowed to be around any of us. He can’t just be in the same location as me and the family,” the Teen Mom OG star, 26, said on the new episode of Kailyn Lowry’s “Coffee Convos” podcast, released on Thursday, August 9. “So I have no idea. He’s not allowed to contact us or anything like that. But I mean, he did get arrested, I don’t know … I mean, I do know why, but I don’t want to say.”

Edwards was booked in Red Tank, Tennessee, on July 23 for violating his probation regarding a previous heroin possession charge. The 30-year-old, who shares son Bentley, 9, with Bookout, was released one week later. (The Bulletproof author appears to have recorded her appearance on Coffee Convos before one of her ex’s charge for simple possession of heroin was dismissed and he was released. For the second charge, Edwards is required to complete six months of probation and five public work days by October 1.)

“I feel better that he is in jail because I know he’s safe there, if that makes sense,” Bookout told Lowry and cohost Lindsie Chrisley. “I know he’s not driving around. He’s not doing something that could potentially hurt him or an innocent person. So it sucks, crappy situation for everyone.”

Edwards’ July arrested marked his second stint in jail in 2018 for violating the terms of his probation. He was previously arrested on March 27. That same month, Bookout and her husband, Taylor McKinney, filed for an order of protection against Edwards. In May, the duo, along with their two children, Jayde, 3, and Maverick, 2, were granted two-year restraining orders against him. Despite the drama between the exes, Bookout told Lowry, 26, and Chrisley that she wishes him the best.

“It’s Bentley’s dad,” she explained. “Although Bentley’s about to be 10, I’m not sure how much time [Ryan] can make up now, but still, I mean, no one ever wants to tell their child that something terrible has happened to their parent. … [He] understands. He doesn’t ever ask questions. We fill him in on what’s going on and as sad as it is, the reason he doesn’t ask questions is because it’s kind of just always been.”

Bookout added that she still works with her ex’s parents, Jen and Larry Edwards, to help Bentley maintain a relationship with his dad’s side of the family.

“Any time anything has ever gone on that’s really bad, his main concern is being able to spend time with his Mimi and Papa,” she said. “So, Taylor and I, and Jen and Larry, always just make sure to … for us to always be … I mean we’re not always going to get along or agree with each other, but the four us do a really good job of making sure that everything is good for Bentley and that Bentley still gets to spend time with them and in that aspect everything is normal for Bentley because again, that is what he’s used to, is being able to see Jen and Larry.”

As for Edwards’ pregnant wife, Mackenzie Standifer, Bookout is “not really interested” in having a relationship with her.

“I mean, maybe when the baby comes?” she added. “Me and Taylor have talked about this — it’s gonna be tough when the baby is born because just like Jayde and Maverick, Hudson [Standifer’s son from a previous relationship] is his stepbrother, this baby is going to be his half-brother, and we don’t like to say ‘step’ or ‘half.’ It’s brother, sister, brother, sister, so it will be I think a struggle to try to find a way to make sure that no matter what’s going on with Ryan, that Bentley has a relationship with his brother — both brothers, Hudson and the new baby.”

Edwards, for his part, spoke out about his arrest for the first time on Wednesday, August 8, telling E! News that it was a “misunderstanding.”

“I got a speeding ticket and while I was pulled over, it came up that I was in violation of my probation because the community service had not been completed,” he told the outlet. “I went to jail for not doing all of my community service. It’s not that I wasn’t taking the community service seriously, it’s just that we have so much going on, I didn’t realize the deadline had passed. It was just a misunderstanding. I thought I had more time.”

Edited by druzy
  • Love 6

I'm shocked Ryan actually owns enough property for a $120k lien to be put on it. I assumed they were renting their lake house and besides his car (and BMX bike & other toys), I didn't think he owned anything.  He's gonna wish he didn't own anything now so he could evade paying the IRS forever like Amber.

Also, $120k? I know these people make stupid amounts of money (possibly even $250k/season for the original dads), but how many years did he not pay his taxes for it to be so high? I know Maci and Kail have owed (and paid) like $30k-ish each to the IRS at different times, so $120k sounds like he neglected his taxes for a lot of years.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I take it the lien is on property?

I think in some states or counties, a federal lien is recorded with the property records department in the county clerk, whether or not you own property.  

Edited by druzy
  • Love 6

It’s probably a judgment recorded against him rather than a lien (assuming he does not have any real property to put the lien on).  Either way, it’s not going to go away ever until it’s paid / settled and released.  

I was under the impression that Jen and Larry owned any property Ryan has ever occupied including the current lake house.  Mac just likes to front it is theirs (Home Sweet Home / Lake Life posts).   

• Love 10
On 8/15/2018 at 7:52 AM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I'm shocked Ryan actually owns enough property for a $120k lien to be put on it. I assumed they were renting their lake house and besides his car (and BMX bike & other toys), I didn't think he owned anything.  He's gonna wish he didn't own anything now so he could evade paying the IRS forever like Amber.

Also, $120k? I know these people make stupid amounts of money (possibly even $250k/season for the original dads), but how many years did he not pay his taxes for it to be so high? I know Maci and Kail have owed (and paid) like $30k-ish each to the IRS at different times, so $120k sounds like he neglected his taxes for a lot of years.

Don’t forget about late fees and interest. 

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Not to sound like a square, but can someone please explain the oars thing to me? Is that what Larry accused him of stealing for dope money?

You don't sound like a square. It's not about Larry accusing Ryan of stealing dope OAR money. Here you go...

image.png.94523c4c0102dc1c82799064c7b32194.png

They ^^^ were stealing oars.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 8

I still think that's 99.9999% likely to be Ryan in the oars theft security footage.

9 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Thanks! <3 why would one steal...oars?

If you lived in a lake house with Mac, you may want to paddle away....

(Just kidding- we know Ryan's too lazy to row. It's to sell for drugs.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I still think that's 99.9999% likely to be Ryan in the oars theft security footage.

Girl, me too. I will only be convinced if someone steps forward and admits they did it. 

Actually, then I'd just believe he paid them off. That's HIM. 

• Love 9
On 8/14/2018 at 2:03 PM, druzy said:

Wait, he was fired? Am I nuts or did Mackenzie say they had QUIT the show? Being fired makes so much more sense because I couldn’t understand why a lazy asshole with no other money prospects and a drug addiction would turn down the easy money, not to mention his famewhore wife missing her chance to be on the show.

On 8/14/2018 at 2:25 PM, ghoulina said:

It wouldn't be Teen Mom if people didn't owe on their taxes.

Bwah! So true. You’d think they’d learn after seeing what the others have dealt with.

On 9/24/2018 at 9:40 AM, druzy said:

Damn if she doesn’t look 47 here. Even with his graying hair and crazy eyes Ryan looks younger than her aged ass.

On 10/2/2018 at 3:19 AM, FairyDusted said:

Wouldn’t this be #3?? I could have sworn he went pre MackTruck.

He did. I think it was in 2012, if I’m remembering correctly. I don’t trust these obfuscating liars, he’s probably been even more times than that.

• Love 11
On 8/15/2018 at 10:05 AM, druzy said:
On 8/15/2018 at 6:31 AM, ginger90 said:

I take it the lien is on property?

I think in some states or counties, a federal lien is recorded with the property records department in the county clerk, whether or not you own property.

My aunt lives in Knoxville and she had told me something about Tennessee not having property taxes maybe that’s changed or I’m confused

7 hours ago, UniqBlue69 said:

I read that Maci felt it would be damaging to Bentley to continue to showcase Ryan's addiction so she threatened to walk if MTV didn't fire Ryan and Mack.

Thanks for the info! It makes sense to me because she’s right, imo.

6 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Well they kept his parents. This might get interesting if Larry gets fired up. Not at Mimi though. That was brutal.

When did they show the Edwardses? Do you know around how many minutes into the episode or anything? I watched a repeat airing and I didn’t see them! So either I missed it (likely) or they edited them out on future airings? I want to see what I missed. So, if someone could give me a general idea of when they were in the episode I’d really appreciate it!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Mainer said:

My aunt lives in Knoxville and she had told me something about Tennessee not having property taxes maybe that’s changed or I’m confused

Tennessee doesn't have state taxes, but it does have sales tax (state and city!) and property taxes.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Tennessee doesn't have state taxes, but it does have sales tax (state and city!) and property taxes.

Oh okay, I knew they had a break on taxes somewhere thank you for verifying?

• Love 4

I know Mack is a famewhore but I'm really wondering if she's regretting hitching her wagon to Ryan. He's a complete mess. And she married and procreated with him. And he's staying in rehab until Feb/March? That's 5/6 months. Is that a normal rehab stay? Seems long

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Rebecca said:

When did they show the Edwardses? Do you know around how many minutes into the episode or anything? I watched a repeat airing and I didn’t see them! So either I missed it (likely) or they edited them out on future airings? I want to see what I missed. So, if someone could give me a general idea of when they were in the episode I’d really appreciate it!

• Love 4

I haven’t read all the pages on this forum or mactrucks forum it’s just too much so I skipped to the latest and greatest, but I’ve seen on both Ryan’s drug problem, and how they all covered it and the speculation on whether big Mack new about it or not, I just wanted to ad my opinion. HELL TO THE YES! There is no way in hell she didn’t know about it, she knew it wasn’t pills alone as well, she’s fake and said those words to make it look less then what it is. He’s been big eyed for years! It actually took me a while to figure out which drug it was because his eyes were so bugged out of his head I thought it could actually be an upper(cocaine or meth etc.) but now I realize he was over compensating for the downer(heroine) I can’t believe it managed to stay out of the media as long as it did that family really keeps the secret well including Maci! Which I don’t understand why she still has that thread of loyalty towards him, it’s as if Ryan’s family has some how guilted her into it.??  

But I feel I do know why Semi truck kept the secret, it’s because she has a child she brought into a druggie home, and it makes her look bad as a parent and she’s also probably scared CPS could get involved and actually make her leave him if she wants to keep her kid. She knowingly entered that relationship fully aware of the problem, and puttin her own child at risk and or risked losing him over Ryan. And who has she always blamed for everything... Maci!! Maci is the one they all point the finger at, everyone of them they watch Ryan fuck up and then sit around and say oh I hope Maci doesn’t take Bentley away from us... boohooo there the most twisted family I’ve ever seen there all living in fantasy land they care about what people think of them and they ALL fake it, let’s just pretend everything’s okay... nobody call Ryan out and make him accountable for his own actions... blah blah blah... Ryan has not been accountable for anything in his life since the day he was born,  he’s a sneaky lying Decieving lying little asshole, and I guarantee since the kid was 5 years old if he punched another kid in the face Jen was there to say “ oh he didn’t mean to do that, Ryan doesn’t mean no harm to anybody”! And the little shit has lived his life knowing mommy has his back, her loyalty to him is thicker then her loyalty to her own husband and everyone around her has learned not mess with her little baby Ryan...? whaaaayy cry me a river!! Look what you’ve created Jen you great mother! She’s the entire route of every problem in that family. How’s that workin for you Jen?? Great parenting skills!! You can have his back till the day you bury him and then you can look in the mirror and think about your choices, she’s done him zero favors, she’s stunted his growth and poisoned the family with her co-dependent self. She needs help above any one of them. 

Another note on Mac truck, she’s a straight up bitch and desperately jealous of Maci, she had to marry him while he was fuct up because he can’t stand her when he’s sober the little that he has been, if Ryan ever gets clean he will dump her like a hot potatoe! A large hot potato! She’s not his type, she’s too uptight and when he’s high he can tolerate her and doesn’t wanna be alone, if he was on his game and he stays in this rehab and actually does it this time he will get rid of her. He can do better if he’s sober.  Mac truck will be reaching out to Maci for advice like Adams other baby momma did to Chelsea. Trying to find someone to relate etc... and I hope if that time ever comes Maci tells Mac truck to pound sand... 

sorry for such the long rant people?

• Love 9
13 hours ago, druzy said:

Thank you for posting this!! ?? I somehow missed this whole section...but it was only 2 minutes long. Larry looked stupid with that lip full of chew and plzzzz tell me the cup he was holding was simply his beverage and not a “spittin’ cup” ?. Hold off on that until you’re not being filmed, dude. (practicing my Jenelle-isms, dudes)

I’ve never really been a fan of Jen and Larry and I can’t help but find it a little pathetic they’re still (evidentially?) on the show even though their son isn’t. They don’t strike me as hurting for money (and really, how much could they be paid?) and they really have nothing new or interesting to say anyway. It seems famewhorey to me. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 8
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:49 AM, MaggieG said:

I know Mack is a famewhore but I'm really wondering if she's regretting hitching her wagon to Ryan. He's a complete mess. And she married and procreated with him. And he's staying in rehab until Feb/March? That's 5/6 months. Is that a normal rehab stay? Seems long

There are rehabs that go that long. Butch Baltierra was in for six months.

• Love 7
On 10/5/2018 at 7:47 AM, Rebecca said:

I’ve never really been a fan of Jen and Larry and I can’t help but find it a little pathetic they’re still (evidentially?) on the show even though their son isn’t. They don’t strike me as hurting for money (and really, how much could they be paid?) and they really have nothing new or interesting to say anyway. It seems famewhorey to me. 

I don't know if they're famewhores or not since I haven't watched it in years but my first thought was damage control for Ryan, something along the lines of telling Ryan's part of the story  to counteract anything that Maci may say about him.. 

• Love 5
On 10/6/2018 at 2:28 PM, christie said:

I don't know if they're famewhores or not since I haven't watched it in years but my first thought was damage control for Ryan, something along the lines of telling Ryan's part of the story  to counteract anything that Maci may say about him.. 

I get that but I find it pathetic. Ryan is in his 30s. He’s a fuckup. No damage control attempt is going to hide it. They just look  idiotic to me even trying. His image was never good. And I think the lifelong infantilization of Ryan has only hurt him. I’m not saying I blame his parents for his addiction but they’re definitely not helping. They should be worrying about his actual issues, not his image.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 9
On 10/4/2018 at 1:39 AM, Mainer said:

We have property taxes.  We don't have income taxes. 

• Love 4
On 10/6/2018 at 3:28 PM, christie said:

I don't think they're 100% famewhores. I think they are trying to clear Ryan's name and giving him the money they are getting. I have a brother whos an even bigger screwup then Ryan and my mother is just as enabling if not more so then Jen and that is exactly what she would do.  At this point my sister and I have nothing to do with either of them. 

Edited by mscav
  • Love 9