Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E12: Bold Innovation

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, meep.meep said:

I loved Erin's paper doll creation. 

They should have sent Laurence home - she barely featured the metallic pieces and it wasn't avant garde in the least.  And I like her a lot.  And someone needs to start spoon feeding her model some chocolate pudding.  It was disturbing how thin she was.

I agree. I love her use of that vibrant yellow, best of the lot. 

Rik's was terrible. I was shocked they liked it so much. Laurence boring. Corney, god no.

• Love 5

Roberi's reminded me quite a bit of his first piece, very similar feel and silhouette, just different materials.  And Nina reacted almost identically to both - "I've seen this before."  I quite liked both, but they boooooooored Nina.

Overall, though, my thinking matched pretty much with the judges', which is some kind of weirdness I've rarely experienced.  I didn't like either of the bottom two, but I can understand Mah Jing's getting him auf'ed because it wasn't too great to start with and it also had finishing issues.  Laurence has gotten herself into trouble with length several times now, so why can't she see that coming?  And they have commented about the shoulders more than once.  Take notes!  

And whoever said, oh for the days of Chris and Christian - ditto to the max.  

Edited by Calamity Jane
  • Love 4

A few episodes ago, I got a lot of likes on a post saying that I thought Erin was talented but that she is as good as she is ever going to get and will not grow as a designer if she doesn't take her head out of her ass to learn.  I feel like that particular shade of "muppet yellow" is the perfect example of this.  It has a certain bold "she went there" factor to it, but when she goes there again and again, it just becomes so obvious that she got accolades for it and is sticking with it.  There is no reason to use that color more than once.  The point (to me) of using that color is the surprise element.  It's (to me) not a very nice color in and of itself.  And I'm a person who really likes some shades of yellow.

The other problem with Erin's outfit for me was that it really looked like some of those (Crazy!  Brightly colored!)  little girl/ tween mall store fashions on acid.  Not avent garde but juvenile and crazy.

I got really excited about her paper doll idea and when it was all over, I thought that maybe that's why the judges keep her around.  Her ideas are usually really creative (for this group)  and they just can't let her go because they think that she'll execute well at some point and it'll be worth it...?  I don't know but I am convinced that she's going to win and I weirdly think maybe she should win even though I have not really liked anything she's done.

Edited by AudreyHorne
  • Love 8

I guess it's Erin for the win because the judges. . . uh. . . why?

In my opinion the judges decided early on that Erin would go to finals, regardless of her performance in the challenges, for the simple reason that she will make a colorful interesting runway show.

Yeah Erin used a little color. Yellow again!

I continue to be amazed that there are so many different types of fabric that come in that particular shade of acid yellow.

Roberi's is the main one that falls within the diluted version of "avant garde" that these judges are willing to accept.  The silhouette isn't naturally human, but the dimensions are.  He created fluidity with sheet metal, for crying out loud.  And it was beautiful.  (Was that the fatal flaw?)  I'm pretty much willing to stamp a "robbed" on this one.

I loved his garment.

I suspect Cornelius looked at the tubing, possibly eschewed the idea of using it as sleeves (Danger, Will Robinson!), came up with that half-assed butterfly idea, and once that failed thought, "Well, it's kinda snakey/wormy so ... ding!  parasite!"   Yet he presented it like it was a concept piece from the start.

I felt like Cory just attached those tubes wherever. I don't think the uterus thing was intentional. But then Nina and company had such a strong reaction to it, he ran with it, like he'd made it really disturbing on purpose.

I missed who the guest judge was, she was too chatty, 

I have no idea who that woman was. But after her second or third comment, I was done listening to her.

I though Mah-Jing would have been a bit better served if he used the copper pieces on just the skirt and put it all over the skirt part of the dress, instead of what he did.

I thought he was going to make some giant panniers out of that mesh material. That could have been really interesting.

Laurance's reminded me of DEVO's headgear, and thought if they had had backup dancers, this is what how they ought to dress.

Spot on. Either that or a black wedding cake. This was the first thing she made that I really disliked. The proportions were off. The torso was so much longer than the skirt, it ruined the whole thing for me.

This season is extremely difficult to care about.

I don't know about that. In my book, this season was way better than the one before it.

• Love 10

How the fuck did Erin's nipple pastie travesty win? Now that she's won a challenge we'll be back to seeing her irritating stuck up face again

Corny and cry baby should have both been sent home.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

In my opinion the judges decided early on that Erin would go to finals, regardless of her performance in the challenges, for the simple reason that she will make a colorful interesting runway show.

I am reminded of the purported Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times."

Ashley Nell Tipton made for an interesting runway show.   Flowerpots and all.

This show has gone to the dogs (no offense, Swatch).   They don't even pretend to encourage talent anymore.   If Tim Gunn had the courage of his convictions (so frequently expressed in the press) he would have parted ways with PR long ago.   His mentoring seems perfunctory and tired -- "phoned in," as they say.   He knows it's a shit show.  We all do.  But like Tim, we're still here.

• Love 9

OMG.  Tim Gunn Save = you won't get off'd even if you send down a naked model.  Really, Corn's tubes were just stuck on an ugly black dress.

I have never seen such a send off as Ma Jing's.  He might cry, and some of his stuff was not so great, but I really liked him.

Now, THIS is avante garde:

chris-march-christian-siriano-avant-garde.jpg

• Love 24

I like Roberi's dress and how he managed to make huge chunks of metal formfitting and pretty.  I like Rik's dress because rather than gluing the unconventional materials on his dress, it looked like the materials were his dress.  

Erin's was bright yellow.  And she won. I agree with the poster who said that it's hard to find the energy to bash her anymore.  Pretend I did.  

I like Mah Jing because he doesn't have a malicious bone in his body.  The navy and copper worked, the dress didn't.  His exit was gracious.  

I wish the always classy Laurance would make her dresses little longer in front and lose the Colonel Abrams shoulders.  Just once.  10 points to her for saying what THEY wanted was something she evolved from years ago.  Too funny.  

Corney just watched Fifth Element and thought he'd borrow the blue opera diva's tubes.  On another boring dress with an eyeglass pouch...  They should have auf'd him and chased him off the runway with a big stick.  

I also agree with whoever pointed out Nina's obsession with body parts.  Geez.  That woman is odd.  They can send the guest judge back wherever she came from, too.  

• Love 10

Personally I think this season was pretty good. None of their design has been ridiculously bad and they made 'pretty dress" quite well. The problem I have with this season is we have been seeing the same silhouette over and over again for most part of the challenges. Some designers has way too similar aesthetic and not really stepping outside their comfort zone during the challenge.

They all seem more like ready to wear designer than high fashion except maybe Roberi IMO.  I didn't see any draping , gown or something volume or flowy long dress coming from any of them which strikes excitement and that is the reason I think audience are getting bored and underwhelming as the show goes on. Especially with the last two challenges where it suppose to be editorial and bold as well as the time to push their boundaries and instead they making what they good at. Sort of disappointed by that.

- Erin standout with her oversize coat, embellishment and yellow. Can she do anything else that fitted human body? Well swim wear challenge prove she can.

- Mah-Jing use denim to make a SIMPLE dress for the entire season regardless of what the challenge is.

- Laurence did GREAT pants and shoulder treatment all the times. Does it enough to takes her win the whole competition? Absolutely Not (Ashley was the exception by making Crop tops and lace and win the whole thing)

- Cornelius said he liked mixing prints but none of it was able to put him through the top 3 (JUST FAB, Cocktail and dress mum challenge was all godawful) This left me wonder who he is as a designer and what he really good at. Lets be honest I find his talent very limited and school project. His final collection shown he has not enough vision and not up to par in a show like NY fashion week.

- Rik on the other hand has pretty good craftsmanship and sometimes his design was very bold & slightly creative  and sometimes left us questioning his taste. No doubt he is capable of making dresses that are sellable. However those garments usually are not runway appealing and lacking imaginative in my eyes.

Last but not least is Roberi who I think is the most sophisticated and imaginative out of this bunch of people. I just think if he were given more time he could creates something couture and wow. His garment was pretty quiet as far for the show.

All in all miles ahead of last season. Strong final 4 and well deserve out of these 16 contestants. I strongly believe Cornelius is next to go based on the past performance. I kinda wish Alex is still in the competition for some reason. Just saying.

Edited by alexceh
  • Love 6

OMG......Tim and Swatch were the best things in the whole show! "You just went out " "You don't want any Pringles" LOL I had to rewind and watch that a few times. It was so sweet and reminds me why I've always loved Tim..even when I didn't. I'll even admit I kind of got the giggles in the grocery in front of the, you guessed it, Pringles!

Clothes? Oh yeah. The normal round of - I made that week one so I'll just keep making it..same basic design....same color,,,,same shoulders,,,same pockets....same cowl....over and over and over.

I will say Mah Jing (sp?) was RIGHT when he said why was HE making a costume (per his mentor) when everyone around him was also! 100 percent agreed with him!

I liked Corny for like 3 seconds one episode. Now he's back to being a snotty little shit who's not as amazing as he thinks. Same for Muppet yellow girl. Nowhere as good as she thinks she is! And for the love of God woman ask someone to buy you some dam hair dye! Is it telling I have no idea what her name is and the season is almost over?

Please Santa, send this show back to Bravo where they know how to do a show!

Lastly- The guest judge was from the Lifetime show UNREAL about a producer on a Bachelor type dating show. It's actually pretty good. 

• Love 9

I've always been a bit perplexed by "avant garde" but based on Erin's win I'm going with tacky and unwearable?

Thank you for posting that picture of Christian's version. OMG stunning. That is, indeed, avant garde. I miss that kind of talent.

I would have given Rik the win based solely on the fact that I thought his dress was interesting and wearable but yes, it was more "unconventional material" than "avant garde". I've seen Roberi's put big metal pieces on a short dress before so not that innovated, though beautifully done. So I guess Erin won by default. How sad. Remember when people got the win because they actually made something great instead of making something that is closest to what the actual challenge asked for?

Sheri Applebee, the guess judge is highly praised by her fans but I can't stand her monotone enough to appraise her acting.  OMG it is unbearable listening to her talk. I can't even say if she was a good judge or not because my ears! MY EARS!!!!!

I would say this was a waste of an ep but the scene with Tim and Swatch made this whole season worthwhile!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Mabinogia said:

Sheri Applebee, the guess judge is highly praised by her fans but I can't stand her monotone enough to appraise her acting.

I've seen an episode or two of her show (UnReal-- a fictionalized version of The Bachelor(ette)) and her character is kind of a monotone sad sack. Maybe that's the only "emotion" she can summon.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, treestar13 said:

OMG.  Tim Gunn Save = you won't get off'd even if you send down a naked model.  Really, Corn's tubes were just stuck on an ugly black dress.

I have never seen such a send off as Ma Jing's.  He might cry, and some of his stuff was not so great, but I really liked him.

Now, THIS is avante garde:

chris-march-christian-siriano-avant-garde.jpg

Ah, beautiful. Of course, it helps to have more than a day to design and sew something. The downward slide in PR happened when the execs decided to save money by giving the contestants unreasonable limits on the very activity that is the core of the show. Maybe that was the move to whatever channel it's on now, but I thought it may have started even before. 

PR used to be one of my favorite shows. I still watch but I don't expect much anymore. When a dog can steal entire episodes of a fashion design show, there's a problem. 

Edited by BradandJanet
I don't know what channel this show is on
  • Love 9

I assumed the Mode people had Pringles for Swatch, not Tim, which is an odd snack for an old dog.  I have an old, blind dog who probably has dementia and Swatch reminds me of him.  Sometimes they just bark for the fun of it or at the noises in their heads or to feel useful.  

I really didn't think that far into it, honestly--just laughed at the possibility of Tim liking to eat Pringles.

I'm so sorry about the dementia in your dog. I had a cat that was suffering from something similar, if not that exact thing--there was something bad and neurological happening, but we decided not to subject her to exams and tests and things to confirm, and instead just keep a close eye to determine our next move. Pets, man...

• Love 7

I can't remember which one said it at the beginning, but it was a comment that I think makes a lot of sense for how underwhelming the results were for an avant gard challenge.  They had no time to plan.   They hear what the challenge is, have five minutes to run around like loons grabbing whatever they can...with no time to think about what they will do with them or what they need, and then off to mood for a sprint around the store to grab textiles.  THEN. they get to sketch.  To me, this is representative of how this show will never live up to its days on Bravo.  Back then it was about the fashion...now I feel it's about how much stress, tears, tension, and drama they can eke out of overtired contestants with unreasonable parameters.  No wonder everyone is a one show monkey.  

Edited by English Teacher
  • Like 1
  • Love 11

Yeah, being a guest judge on this show doesn't really seem to benefit the person. I can't think of a single "celeb" judge that impressed me enough to look into them, and some that I like outside the show did nothing to improve my opinion of them. Usually my reaction is "why are you even here". This was one of those cases. Does Sheri have some secret background in fashion I am unaware of, or is it that she just wears clothes that makes her qualified? haha

I prefer the guest judges who have something to do with the fashion industry, other designers, people in the fashion mag business, someone who's background is more than just wearing ridiculously expensive dresses to awards ceremonies.

I kind of like the idea of past contestants as a guest judge because not only do they know the industry, but they know what these contestants are going through. I think that gives them an interesting outlook.

• Love 11

In the past they've had some distinguished designers on as guest judges, e.g.Diane Von Furstenburg, and they've taken the opportunity to school Nina and counter a few of her "expert" opinions. Seeing Nina get taken down a peg or two is very satisfying.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Tony said:

How the fuck did Erin's nipple pastie travesty win? Now that she's won a challenge we'll be back to seeing her irritating stuck up face again

Corny and cry baby should have both been sent home.

Erin - Don't get why she's still there.  She needed to go a couple challenges ago.

I had my fingers crossed for a double chopping, but looks like they're only going to make that a once in a season happening.  I suppose, since there's only one more challenge before the final they really couldn't have done this, still feel that Cornelius should have been chopped.  Really can't stand him and his sassy-assed comments. 

Seeing Nina get taken down a peg or two is very satisfying

Broaderbits - I love when this happens..... Nina totally rolls over and becomes a total suck-up.  Priceless.

Edited by zoemom
Seeing NG become a total "yes-man" is soooooo rewarding!
  • Love 4

I saw all the collection on getty images. I have been using my phone. My laptop comes back on Monday. They were too small to get a clear take on them but I was not pressed. I expected to be able to tell who did what but it was not all that obvious.  

I hope next season will be better. I think the casting team needs to be examined and possibly changed. They are former contestants as far as we have seen .  Heidi doesn't care anymore so I doubt that will change.  Whoever allowed Ashley on last season should no longer be part of casting. I am sure there was pressure to get a plus size designer and she was probably the only one. 

I do think better designers did apply and somehow not understood? 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Kareem said:

I wish the always classy Laurance would make her dresses little longer in front and lose the Colonel Abrams shoulders.  

I said this earlier this morning and Googled him a little while ago to see what he was doing these days because I liked him so much back in the day. I learned that he had passed away on Thanksgiving. RIP to this man.  

IMG_8004.PNG

IMG_7683.PNG

• Love 2
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Of course, it helps to have more than a day to design and sew something. 

They did have 2 days for this challenge. Erin wasted the first day glueing those tacky ass flower nipple pasties.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, English Teacher said:

They had no time to plan.   They hear what the challenge is, have five minutes to run around like loons grabbing whatever they can...with no time to think about what they will do with them or what they need, and then off to mood for a sprint around the store to grab textiles.  THEN. they get to sketch.

If you came on this show without at least 10 designs and a collection for fashion week already imprinted into your mind, then you deserve to flail around like a headless chicken and produce crap. You need to have the garment planned ahead and then reshape it to fit whatever the brief is and/or materials available. This is the 15th season so there's no excuses for the designers to not do their homework beforehand.

• Love 7

All I could see when Cornelius's dress was on the runway was a fireman in uniform with those reflective tapes on it and a breathing apparatus. The dress was just so freaking basic. As was Mah Jing's. But MJ's was poorly sewn (you'd think he could do better if he'd been sewing since he was 11), and Cornelius, at least, is a decent seamster. But, gawd, he's unbearable.

• Love 1

I was surprised at how much I liked Erin's, despite her tedious use of yellow again. The paper doll concept sounded like it would be kind of predictable, but it worked for me. But there is definitely something weirdly juvenile about Erin's designs. I think she has talent, but her overgrown tween aesthetic gets in her way.

Roberi was robbed. He's the most creative of the bunch, IMO, and he's not always successful at translating that imagination into his designs, but he rocked this challenge. His dress wasn't totally original, but it was striking and well thought out. I'd have given him the win.

Fingers crossed that next week will be Cornelius's last.

• Love 7

What was with the slobber fest between Shiri and Zac?  "I wouldn't let you wear that." "Would you let me wear this?"  Barf.

Tim and Swatch for the win.  And Mah Jing's exit made me cry.  He was past his expiration date but such a nice man.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 9
27 minutes ago, mauras said:

I was surprised at how much I liked Erin's, despite her tedious use of yellow again. The paper doll concept sounded like it would be kind of predictable, but it worked for me. But there is definitely something weirdly juvenile about Erin's designs. I think she has talent, but her overgrown tween aesthetic gets in her way.

Roberi was robbed. He's the most creative of the bunch, IMO, and he's not always successful at translating that imagination into his designs, but he rocked this challenge. His dress wasn't totally original, but it was striking and well thought out. I'd have given him the win.

Fingers crossed that next week will be Cornelius's last.

Nina really seems not to like Roberi's aesthetic, for whatever reason, and I have a feeling it's really impeded him all season.  I thought his first dress was outstanding, but Nina insisted she's seen it many times before, and she has seemed lukewarm to his designs all along, when other judges were far more enthusiastic.  It reminds me of the Gretchen season when she never cared for Mondo's work and praised Gretchen to the skies, primarily for styling of all things.  

• Love 8

Nina irks me no end, her ed-i-tor-i-al pronunciation bugs. But calling Erin's design "avant-garde" made me laugh...has this woman never been to Vegas? Seen the costumes for Cirque du Soleil? Nina needs to get out more.

I liked Rik's and the styling...but Roberti's actually answered the challenge...he can sculpt metal into something wearable and sexy...and the mask was a great add. 

I smell an Erin win, just as the Ashley win became inevitable. Not good design, just iterations of the big pockets, big sweeping coats, and bright yellow. 

I think Roberti is the most innovative, Rik the most wearable...both will not win based on their attributes.

• Love 13

Haven't seen this yet because I wasn't really sure if I cared enough to keep watching, but I may try to see it before next week's installment of "Oh, how the mighty have fallen."

Roberi: I still think he'll be out before the final because Nina does not seem to care for him, and honestly, I like his clothes, but it's nothing new or nothing we haven't seen before.

Sticking to my original prediction I made when TG saved Cornelius: he WILL be in the final four, if not the final three. If Tim Gunn saves them, they must make the finale to validate his "taste." So let it be written; so let it be done.

• Love 2

I liked Rik's dress and Roberi's was also ok. I didn't like Erin's yellow outfit of the week, but can understand why she won. Like others have said, I miss the lovely gowns of Laura Bennet, Michael Costello and Rami. But I don't think that has anything to do with budget or wanting cheap talent. I believe the show is trying to appeal to younger people and they are assuming the younger crowd doesn't want to see red carpet looks. I think the association with Marie Claire is behind a lot of this; they usually feature separates and more casual type pieces. 

I think the designers have enough time to design, they should already have some ideas in mind before ever going on the show. I compare it (apples and oranges I know) to a show like Top Chef. They have no idea what the challenge will be, but I assume they have some dishes in mind which can be tweaked to fit the challenge. And the designers did have two days, but I have found more often than not, the second day often finds them second guessing themselves and tearing apart their original idea. 

• Love 5

I think that Erin's design really was more of the same from her.  Instead of a big boxy coat with huge pockets sewn on top of the coat rather that inserted, she produced a big boxy cage with huge pockets sewn on top...instead of opening in the front, Erin's design opened in the back.  Oh, and it had stuff sewn on top of the "fabric."  It is as redundant as Mah Jing using denim, Cornelius making the same type of collar on his dress, and Laurence's square shoulders.  It did not seem new or innovative at all to me.

• Love 9

If you came on this show without at least 10 designs and a collection for fashion week already imprinted into your mind, then you deserve to flail around like a headless chicken and produce crap. You need to have the garment planned ahead and then reshape it to fit whatever the brief is and/or materials available. This is the 15th season so there's no excuses for the designers to not do their homework beforehand.

I'll second this. You know--or should know--that you can probably expect to have to deal with a bathing suit/skating outfit/lingerie challenge, an 'average people', a menswear, a formal gown, a day to night, an unusual fabrication, at last one or two team things and so on.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong (seriously, please do)...but avant guarde or not, shouldn't fashion at least be on some level clothing and possibly wearable? If not, that it seems to me that it's soft sculpture--which is fine--but it's not wearable art if it isn't wearable. And yes, degrees of comfort notwithstanding.

• Love 2

It's been a busy week at our house, so we just got to watch PR last night.

I hope at the end of the season someone comes up with an exposé of which Project Runway executive Erin is related to; there's no other way she should be getting such lavish praise for the crap she sends down the runway.  Her "avant garde" outfit was a joke; either Ric or Roberi should have won this challenge.  I can't argue with MJ's being sent off this week, but Erin should have been gone LAST week.

• Love 6

Erin's "avant-garde" challenge victory ? Another return of the Delpozo's comeback !

DelPozo-Ready-To-Wear-Fall-Winter-2016-N
Take the sleeves away and sew them at the hips, and you've got the shape.

Take those embellishments :
LUX_4801-386x580.jpg

and here you are !

Your sooooo creative, Erin ! I'm mesmerized. Or not.

• Love 7

Tried again to watch: failure!!

I was only watching because of the comments about Swatch and I did make it that far, at least. It was so good to see a lot of footage of him, and I know he's an older dog, but it seemed like he was having fun, whether it's doggie dementia or he saw a mouse (eeek) or just plain showing off for the cameras. Tim always has fun with him; oh hell, Tim with Swatch is pretty much the only interest I have in Tim at all, these days.

I'm going to make a 3rd attempt and see if I can stay awake.

Was surprised to hear Laurence say Erin's her strongest competition, but maybe she's also referring to Erin's standing with the judges, especially Nina? No clue.

One more challenge now that this one is over? Where has the season gone? I'm ready for Junior and even All Stars. Especially now that Zanna is not going to be the all star mentor.

• Love 3

Moschino's spring 2017 collection was also inspired by paper dolls, but it specifically referenced trompe l'oeil and the paper tabs. Everything was intended to look 2 dimensional when they were actually 3 dimensional. However, it sounded like Erin specifically wanted her top to be 2 dimensional.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Moschino's spring 2017 collection was also inspired by paper dolls, but it specifically referenced trompe l'oeil and the paper tabs. Everything was intended to look 2 dimensional when they were actually 3 dimensional. However, it sounded like Erin specifically wanted her top to be 2 dimensional.

OMG. Different outcomes, clearly. But how in the world does "paper doll" just happen to pop into this woman's brain the same season that a major design house does a collection built on it?  I'm not totally clear on timing re filming this episode, but seriously. This can't be a coincidence? Can it?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RealityCowgirl said:

OMG. Different outcomes, clearly. But how in the world does "paper doll" just happen to pop into this woman's brain the same season that a major design house does a collection built on it?  I'm not totally clear on timing re filming this episode, but seriously. This can't be a coincidence? Can it?

Probably coincidental, Project Runway had their finale and Moschino had their spring shows this past fall.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, ratgirlagogo said:

Chris and Chris forever!

I also loved Jillian and Victorya's  avante garde look from the same challenge:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/06/17/52/06175244c5859280504af84e9cbb3955.jpg

https://roomtoroam.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/jilliancoat3.jpg

I loved this look.  It's Ralph Lauren crossed with Vivienne Westwood.

Season 4 is one that can't be beat. Any one of the final 4 could have been the winner of any of these later seasons. Though the show has managed to find other talents (Korto, Leeann, Seth Aaron, Mondo, Emilio, Michelle, and Dom ), I don't know if it is capable of casting a talent pool that deep anymore.

• Love 4

And please note that the coat seems impeccably made--and probably not in 10 hours. That kind of finish and tailoring takes a bit of time, no matter how good you are.

As to the above comment about Erin seeming to want her outfit to actually be 2 dimensional. I suspect that had something to do with the fact that she trashed her original flower pasties concept and was scrambling to get something done.

• Love 1

If one of the other designers had send down that paper doll outfit (basically a large metal coat with tabs for external pockets), I think Nina would have pointed out the sideboob issue.   But, since it's their darling Erin (and they know from silhouette and that blinding yellow), it was not discussed. 

I'd be fine with an overall win by Rik, Roberi, or Laurance, but I think I know how it will end.

• Love 7

That Jillian jacket is still one of my favorite all time PR designs. I covet that jacket.

Yet, I already can't remember much of the designs from this episode and have to keep looking at pictures to remind myself.

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 1
On 12/2/2016 at 9:19 AM, bourbon said:

Well...avant garde doesn't have to mean *crazy* and *not wearable*, does it?" (I'm looking at you, Heidi.)

This was the first time I actually said "Oh shut UP!" outloud at the teevee while Heide was talking (usually it's just my standard inner dialogue) about how she was shifting and twisting avant garde to her own purposes. 

On 12/2/2016 at 4:05 PM, meowmommy said:

Anybody notice Zac not only mauling the models as usual, but actually drumming his fingers on the metallic chest of Roberi's model?

The amount of touching and prodding and unzipping of zippers that occurred during that poor model's time was heinous! They were really over the line with that one, and usually I give them a pass on that.

On 12/3/2016 at 7:58 PM, seacliffsal said:

Instead of a big boxy coat with huge pockets sewn on top of the coat rather that inserted, she produced a big boxy cage with huge pockets sewn on top

I was thinking that, that it was kind of another formless coat just the "fabric" was a metal grid. And then a 'textile' she created and glued on. Also known as same lane, different vehicle. Yawwwwwn.

Speaking of falling asleep I couldn't be more bored with Laurence. I thought she was going in a cool direction when the bottom was silver wire then she covered it with, you guessed it, black. Her dress upper had guess what? Black chain pieces. Oh and of course the bottom structure was intertwined with... leather. So. Much. Repetition. I just can't anymore.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

I thought she was going in a cool direction when the bottom was silver wire then she covered it with, you guessed it, black.

I agree, even with the little bit of blue that was showing.  I thought the silver looked cool.  And she needs to stop doing those shoulders.