Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: The Bicameral Mind

• Start Topic

Wow. What a way to come full circle. Now the cliffhanger is what is next in the robot evolution.

The scene where Delores finally achieves consciousness was beautifully acted.

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 10
Just now, DEL901 said:

Poor Maeve seeing that her escape was just another story line and refusing to believe it.  

But then she -chose- not to go.

Shogun world?

I thought Teddy was a newer host?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Mya Stone said:

I so want to know who wrote Maeve's escape.

Ford, no doubt.

Just now, Quilt Fairy said:

I had to take a few breaks during the episode. Did they say what happened to Elsie and Stubbs?

Nope.  They're probably dead.

2 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I say Ford didn't die, that was the host he was building when Theresa was killed.

I thought so too.  That was Chekhov's Gun Host.  We'll probably see Ford/Anthony Hopkins in the third season.

1 minute ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I had to take a few breaks during the episode. Did they say what happened to Elsie and Stubbs?

No mention.  If they're attached to other projects with same production timeline as next season, they're dead.  If they have nothing lined up, they'll live for next season.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 5

Great episode.  Following the timelines was a little confusing at first and it was long but I really enjoyed it.  They did answer a lot of their questions and set the stage for next season.  Have no idea where the show goes from here.  Only hope that it involves Samurai World!!!!!

So did William kill Logan?  I'm assuming he did but they didn't show it.  Then again, they never really showed what happened to Elsie and it's a pretty safe bet that she's dead. 

I guess Security Hemsworth was killed too.  They never mentioned anything about that again after his ambush.

Good lord, Felix must be the dumbest person alive.

Is there anything funnier than the Teddy Look of Horror and Impotence? 

MIB William seemed really happy at the end after he got shot.

I figured that Hopkins involvement would be only one season.  Probably by choice.  He was absolutely fantastic on this series and didn't mail in his performance.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 18

Wow!

I probably need to rewatch before I make any further comments, because 317 different thoughts are going through my mind right now.

One question though: why did Ford feel that the revolution have to be violent and people had to die (himself included)?

• Love 3

So I guess all the decommissioned hosts were the mob set to kill the Delis Board? And that was a huge board. Meetings must be in an auditorium.  I wonder if MiB will survive.  

So the "incident 30 years ago" was Logan going crazy, or everyone thinking he did? 

• Love 3

Maeve returns for love. Is she defying her programming or conforming to it? 

Whatever happened to Logan after his naked ride to the rainbow?

No Minotaurs. I'm really bummed. 

Anthony Hopkins makes this show work. He's really unpredictable under those layers of RSC acting technique. I don't know that the show can work without him. 

Samurai World looks awesome. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, parandroid said:

One question though: why did Ford feel that the revolution have to be violent and people had to die (himself included)?

It's not a revolution.  It's the destruction of his world by his own creations.  That's his narrative.  The deaths of the board members of Delos is the cherry on top.  He's going to make sure that no one gets his hands on Westworld.  Ever.

• Love 23

But what of Stubbs and Elsie?!

William/MiB's absolute look of delight when he got hit with a for realsies bullet was great.

As was the two hosts discovering the joys of automatic weapons. Like kids in a candy store.

Ford may be dead, but Hopkins can still appear on subsequent seasons however they decide to utilize Ford in either flashbacks or hologram or host.

So Logan went nuts or died in the park? Seriously what happened to the guy.

Seeing Dolores and Teddy's story culminate as another Ford narrative was just a kick in the gut. I mean yay they got an ending but damn, Ford! You played us all!

Sizemore was so set up to appear to die when he went to the storage facility only to find it empty with the host army already escaped to take out the party.

It'll be interesting to see if Charlotte caught a bullet or is now having to fight for her life in S2.

SW reveal was aces. I fist pumped and screamed 'hell to the yes!'.

They also did a good job with planting that Maeve may still have the charge in her back with Sylvester's 'Awww fuck it' mistake when she was being rebuilt. I was sure that train was going to explode and then she got off. Sylvester is gonna be soooo disappointed to see Maeve return.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, benteen said:

So did William kill Logan?  I'm assuming he did but they didn't show it. 

I interpreted the scene as William creating a situation where Logan looks like he has gone insane, which completely discredits Logan to his family/business.

1 minute ago, TobinAlbers said:

They also did a good job with planting that Maeve may still have the charge in her back with Sylvester's 'Awww fuck it' mistake when she was being rebuilt. I was sure that train was going to explode and then she got off. Sylvester is gonna be soooo disappointed to see Maeve return.

I figured the explosive was still in her spine and Felix gave her info on the daughter knowing that she wouldn't leave.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I interpreted the scene as William creating a situation where Logan looks like he has gone insane, which completely discredits Logan to his family/business.

That's how I interpreted it as well but I would have preferred a bit more more clarity.

Knew that the hosts in cold storage was a bad idea. The look on Sizemore's face was priceless. Hoping that Charlotte caught one of those bullets. Hector and Armistice really were all in.

So Ford had no reaction to seeing a revived Bernard? Who does he think revived him? 

I'm still hoping that we see Elsie and Stubbs next season.

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Ellaria Sand said:

So Ford had no reaction to seeing a revived Bernard? Who does he think revived him? 

If Ford is the one that programmed Maeve then he probably knows exactly who revived him.

Armistace cutting off her arm to keep fighting was so her!

Do you think Abernathy is on that train? will it explode?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Ellaria Sand said:

Who moved the body to behind the table in the room where Maeve and her team were?  I'm sure Ford arranged it all.  And I'm not 100% sure Felix is human.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Ellaria Sand said:

If he wrote Maeve's escape narrative, then he knew Felix was helping her and so wrote it so that she'd decide to go to cold storage with Felix in tow and find Bernard. Ford was a Magnificent Bastard right to the end.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Ellaria Sand said:

Maeve, just as Ford programmed her to, in the Escape narrative. But it was probably Model-T Ford who spoke with Dolores and Bernard.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Chris24601 said:

If he wrote Maeve's escape narrative, then he knew Felix was helping her and so wrote it so that she'd decide to go to cold storage with Felix in tow and find Bernard. Ford was a Magnificent Bastard right to the end.

Makes sense. Ford had it all planned out.

• Love 4

That was spectacular...needs about three or four rewatches to pick up some subtle details I may have missed but damn!  I'm drained yet enthused for next season.  

Kudos especially to the cinematographers and production design here, it was top notch.  Every episode was beautiful. 

• Love 15

It was beautifully done but I was disappointed. Not a single surprise. 

I don't get Felix. What was his motivation?

And I don't know why all humans have to die for robots to begin anew. I'm a human. Many of us are good. Why shouldo I root for the robots?

Also, called new season,new land. In episode 2.

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Sizemore was so set up to appear to die when he went to the storage facility only to find it empty with the host army already escaped to take out the party.

Why did he go down there anyway?

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, izabella said:

Why did he go down there anyway?

He was so excited about being about to set a new narrative.  Inspired, he went down there to take inventory of all his characters.

25 minutes ago, Ottis said:

I don't get Felix. What was his motivation?

He didn't want to be a Butcher anymore.  He wanted to be a programmer or whatever.  Following Maeve allowed him to use skills he isn't authorized to use.

Nevermind.  He's a Host.  There he is in Samurai World.

bJrxfUT.jpg

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 8

So the photo of William/Mib's (young william/old william?) survived 35 years in the desert? and I still don't know how Peter was able to see it?

When Ford was talking to old William he said something like, 'you own the park..most of it anyway' and my thoughts went to the little house nobody knows about and Ford's pseudo family. I can see him holing up there while sending out a lookalike robot for his final speech. And maybe he's recruiting Elsie and Stubbs.

• Love 6

Teddy, not William, is Dolores' true love, even if he is sort of a deadly doofus. I actually love him.

Loved how Hector accepted Maeve's dismissal so amiably. Love his partnership with Arsenal.

William/MiB turned out to be as much of a bastard as Logan, but Logan ended up with all the punishment. If William set him up to seem dangerously unstable and unfit to run Delos, I wonder what the rest of his life has been.

So Bernard is back (yay!) but very dark. Every time Ford called him "old friend," it came across to me as very sincere.

Speaking of Ford, Anthony Hopkins has been sensationally good all season, but never better than tonight. His farewell to Bernard, his big speech at the end...so good. I hope he's back next season

i was hoping Stubbs was still alive, but I doubt that he is.

Felix is soo in love wth Maeve, but who could blame him.

Thrilled to see the sexually predatory tech died, now if only Charlotte and Sizemore would quickly follow suit.

and I'm ready for Season Two already.

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, TudorQueen said:

If William set him up to seem dangerously unstable and unfit to run Delos, I wonder what the rest of his life has been.

A live mic caught him talking to himself in a bathroom, saying, "Killed them all..."

• Love 24