Type keyword(s) to search

Backstage Pass Special

GreatKazu
  • Start Topic

On 12/9/2016 at 0:02 AM, GreatKazu said:

I also believe Jenelle was being very careful with how she told Dave her feelings about it which is why she came off so normal and mature. Very similar to how Amber is careful around Matt. Just my theory.

Agree! Just watched this and there was a very weird vibe from Dave during that conversation, very controlling and scary. Also thought that his mother was very controlling by having Kaiser call her grandma with no blood relationship. Pick another name, there's plenty out there. 

Felt like we really got a glimpse of their real personalities. I did like how well Kail and Jo got along, Loved Chelsea and how she and Kail got along so well.  It was so sweet how they bought Leah a present.  Leah's chaos didn't change much from what we see when filming. The one thing I was surprised about was Nathan. I actually didn't despise him and thought he was sweet with Kaiser. I'm bummed he ignored Jace, that's for sure, but felt bad that he didn't get to see Kaiser in 4 months.

• Love 3

I think Jenelle was taking the opportunity to speak her mind to Dave with the safety of the cameras around, but was still being careful to phrase it in a way that she could defend/retract if he became irate later when they were alone. 

As trashy as she is, I fear for her with him.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, bounnatalie said:

The one thing I was surprised about was Nathan. I actually didn't despise him and thought he was sweet with Kaiser. I'm bummed he ignored Jace, that's for sure, but felt bad that he didn't get to see Kaiser in 4 months.

I was wondering about this. When was this filmed? Before or after he was granted weekend visitation? For some reason I was thinking this was filmed after the custody dispute was settled, which would make it Nathan's own fault if he hasn't seen Kai for 4 months.

Leah is such an asshole. I get it, she truly believes she's being persecuted here (although her focus on drugs is odd- this latest season showed her being neglectful numerous times and it had nothing to do with drugs, just general laziness and disinterest), but her "I'm not ready for the cameras yet, tell them to figure it out" was so obnoxious. I wish they had volleyed back with, "well, get out of our trailer then, and figure out how where you're going to sleep tonight because we're cancelling your hotel reservation that we were bankrolling."

• Love 12

Finally got around to watching this and it didn't disappoint on the delusion front. Leah and Adam in particular both need to wake up. All their whining about "manipulation" and "looking bad"--look, MTV can't show anything that you didn't do, unless you they give you a script and you act for them like the trained monkeys you are for a paycheck. Then it is still on them imo. I get that they aren't trained actors but considering they are only filmed a few weeks out of the year, you'd think both would try to put on a better show for the cameras if both are concerned about their images. All Leah would need to do is look awake, interact with her kids a little, and pay someone to come clean her house before the crew got their. Adam could spend some time with his daughters doing things they like and use some of his MTV money to pay child support. But instead  they act like prima donnas. They need to remember that without MTV filming their loserdom for the masses they'd both be working some sucky minimum wage jobs.

Kail and Chelsea surprisingly seem to have a genuinely nice friendship. Chelsea and Cole were cute. Outside of being around Chelsea, Kail was her usual stuck up self. I want to know what became of the college degree Kail was boasting that she would have by this winter. Apparently when she donated to her college a few months back the statement had her listed as a sophomore or junior--in other words that would put her a few years off of her Bachelors, unless it was a typo. That was one of the few things I admired about Kail and I'd be disappointed if she misled us to make herself look better.

Jenelle actually didn't register much for me, so kudos to her for keeping the drama on the down low.  Kaiser is a freaking cutie and I just want to scoop him up and run away with him. I will hand Nathan some props, Kaiser seemed attached and affectionate towards him. Here's hoping that Nathan at least steps it up as a father, because his son needs all the support he can get while he lives in Jenelle's world of violence, loser boytoys, and selfishness.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
Clusterf**k word order
  • Love 6

I have, on shows like The Real World, given castmates a little room on phrases like, "it was the editing". Yes, I know that the editors used what was given to them, and the footage doesn't lie. That said, when you have 6 months of nonstop footage compressed into 20 half hour episodes, you could make anyone look worse than what they were, if you were so inclined. I mean, someone could have two incidents of losing their temper (and in a high pressure situation like living with 6 strangers, 2 times is not much) and if both of those blow ups made it into individual episodes, someone could easily conclude you had an anger management problem. And, if the blow ups were edited out of context, they could really make you look crazy.

That said, Teen Mom 2 footage is nothing like that. They're filmed what, one week a month? Leah can't even be assed to try to look like she has her shit together for the 25% of her time she KNOWS she's being filmed. Ignore your kids all you want when there's not a camera in your face (not saying this is what she should do, just what she could do if she was worried about appearances), but when you know you're being filmed, get your ass up and see what your kids are screaming about in the next room, instead of lying on your bed bitching to your sister about how mean everyone else is.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

That said, Teen Mom 2 footage is nothing like that. They're filmed what, one week a month? Leah can't even be assed to try to look like she has her shit together for the 25% of her time she KNOWS she's being filmed.

And the thing of it is, MTV bent over backwards in the beginning to make Leah look good. If it wasn't for behind the scenes rumor and gossip, we wouldn't know how filthy and lazy with housework she was or that she cheated on Corey after they were married and that's why he left. Not to mention who much she blabbed on line and to magazines about Corey, Miranda, her affair with Corey and so on. They really tried to build her the narrative of down home apple pie country girl trying the best she could in a world with cold exes and three girls, one of whom has serious health issues. I mean, MTV isn't really trying to make legit documentary television but they did try there best to make the girls look at least somewhat sympathetic since the beginning, if only to pat their own backs at how much they helped lower the teen pregnancy rate in the US through the TMs. But if Leah can't be bothered  to drag her ass out of bed to play mommy the one or two weeks the crew is around, she can't complain about them making her look bad.

As my husband said while watching her throw a hissy fit on the producers, "For the kind of money they are paying her, I'd happily show my ass on tv!" If she so concerned about her privacy, she wouldn't be putting herself or the girlses on tv. But we know Leah is too lazy and spoiled to bother supporting herself, so she can stuff it with her complaining.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

And the thing of it is, MTV bent over backwards in the beginning to make Leah look good. If it wasn't for behind the scenes rumor and gossip, we wouldn't know how filthy and lazy with housework she was or that she cheated on Corey after they were married and that's why he left. Not to mention who much she blabbed on line and to magazines about Corey, Miranda, her affair with Corey and so on. They really tried to build her the narrative of down home apple pie country girl trying the best she could in a world with cold exes and three girls, one of whom has serious health issues.

Ugh, that STILL grinds my gears, Leah and her Deliverance Clan bleating about how poor Leah gave and gave and gave and never once thought of herself, putting her kids, her ex, her current (at the time) husband, and everyone else in the holler above her own needs until she finally just collapsed under the pressure and total exhaustion, and was figuratively kicked in the teeth by Jeremy for falling behind on laundry while hanging on by a thread due to her complete selflessness. MTV enabled that narrative and Leah lapped up the praise, and now that they aren't going out of their way to portray her like that, they're the bad guys. She sucks.

• Love 10
On 12/12/2016 at 10:37 AM, Tatum said:

I have, on shows like The Real World, given castmates a little room on phrases like, "it was the editing". Yes, I know that the editors used what was given to them, and the footage doesn't lie. That said, when you have 6 months of nonstop footage compressed into 20 half hour episodes, you could make anyone look worse than what they were, if you were so inclined. I mean, someone could have two incidents of losing their temper (and in a high pressure situation like living with 6 strangers, 2 times is not much) and if both of those blow ups made it into individual episodes, someone could easily conclude you had an anger management problem. And, if the blow ups were edited out of context, they could really make you look crazy.

That said, Teen Mom 2 footage is nothing like that. They're filmed what, one week a month? Leah can't even be assed to try to look like she has her shit together for the 25% of her time she KNOWS she's being filmed. Ignore your kids all you want when there's not a camera in your face (not saying this is what she should do, just what she could do if she was worried about appearances), but when you know you're being filmed, get your ass up and see what your kids are screaming about in the next room, instead of lying on your bed bitching to your sister about how mean everyone else is.

This.

It also doesn't help that Leah and her clan run to the tabloids and social media for every little and big thing that happens. If there is anything we learned from the Weekend at Cory's special and from Maci's family (Ryan, Jen, Larry) is, try and keep your life private as much as possible. Not everything needs to be addressed, acknowledged or mentioned. As I watched the Cory weekend special, when certain topics were brought up such as if Kail and Javi were finally divorced, Jo quickly made it clear that wasn't his business, he doesn't get involved in that aspect of her life. Only when it affected him did he have something to say which was Javi was major game player in how things were toxic between him and Kail. If that had been a Weekend at Leah's Special, Leah would have been spilling beans left and right about her exes.

It also doesn't help that you are living your life the way you do where you have all of these people around you and who know your business. Leah cannot keep her damn mouth shut. Leah loves to deflect by  slamming her exes. People that know Leah will thrive on whatever is happening in her world. As much as we would love all the gossip and all the details such as Deer Cam Gate, none of those things would have been tipped off to the tabloid sites if Leah kept her nose clean (literally and figuratively) and committed herself to her job which is being a SAHM.

• Love 8

just watched this, so here goes.....

Leah looks like a skeleton, her hands especially. She is really think and just wow. She really looks bad. 

Jenelle, wasn't the reunion filmed when she was pregnant with three miscarried baby. She sure looked pregnant and early pregnant on the special and hiding it.