Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Wish You Were Here

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

He's become an authorial self-insert since Season 4B.

Would it have been too much to ask for for Grumpy to be the authorial self-insert? Or Pongo?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

Because they couldn't figure out what other ceremony Regina could crash.

Now i am picturing her crashing Emma and Lieutenant Jones' wedding as per Snowing...that would have made more sense...and me a LOT less enraged!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I don't know any adults that call both their parents mommy and daddy to their faces.

For my 54 year-old wife, it's Momma and Daddy.  She was born in the South but lived most of her life in Los Angeles.  Cou;d be what her Southern parents called their folks.

7 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Nothing about Henry fit with the wish realm logic.

That word doesw not fit with TSTW!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jhlipton said:

For my 54 year-old wife, it's Momma and Daddy.  She was born in the South but lived most of her life in Los Angeles.  Cou;d be what her Southern parents called their folks.

I have a couple 60ish year-old relatives who use the same terms. They were raised in the South, but to Northern parents. I think it's just what they would have absorbed growing up down there, not directly from the parents.

And it took some random new character to neutralize her.  Typical...

Okay, but I still loved that scene. There was just something hilarious about the Evil Queen asking, "Who the hell are you?" then getting her butt kicked. It was mostly in Lana's delivery.

I can't believe it took me this long to get that Extremely Quarrelsome Regina was turned into a cobra and Henry and Erred by Quiver Regina are on Operation Cobra Part 33 or something. 

I'm waiting for Operation Mongoose to eat her. Oh the irony.

• Love 8

Not a bad mid-season finale but eh, the ending slightly annoyed.

I'm not surprised Regina relented for Robin Hood but it was still a little annoying, especially after the extremes she went in order to get Emma back in the first place.

The alternate Enchanted Forest I guess is here to stay there.

Gideon showing up at the end after turning the Evil Queen into a cobra. I guess the Black Fairy influence is going to play out in the second half of the season.

Jasmine and Aladdin were wasted this season so far and I missed Zelena this week, 7/10

I love how "magic always has a price" just disappeared until the genie wishes entered the fold. Suddenly, magic had consequences! It was dodgy! The writers kind of forgot that genie wishes were only an extension of magic in general, not some special price hike. I mean, it's not a bad idea that genie wishes always come with special gotchas, but what happened to the prices for other magics? Why are wishes suddenly separate? 

Dark Ones seemed to be the only ones who had to pay for their magic, other than genie owners. Emma couldn't heal Robin without sacrificing a life, Rumple is constantly screwing himself over with his dark magic. (He never really gets away scot-free for very long.) 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Rumple is constantly screwing himself over with his dark magic. (He never really gets away scot-free for very long.)

Based on how often he does magic, I'd say Rumple gets off scot-free the majority of the time and more than most.  A lot of the "price" is not necessarily a price of magic, but directly due to his own actions and decisions (being a jerk to Belle is what got him to this place now, not necessarily his constant use of magic).  Emma does one magical thing, and she needs to pay and pay and pay.  A generally good person like Cinderella chooses to use magic once, and she pays and pays and pays.  The price of magic is exacted by Rumple much more often than it comes back to him.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Camera One said:

The price of magic is exacted by Rumple much more often than it comes back to him

Last season, when Regina asked Emma to heal Robin and the talking head told her she needed to take a price for the magic, and Emma decided to break the rules which ended up costing her a lot, it got me wondering if that's the reason the Dark One makes deals.

Like Snowing went to Rumple a lot for his help in the flashbacks, and Cinderella signed a contract with him, and all of this got me wondering if the Dark One doesn't ask for a price/makes a deal because he's the one who is the purveyor of the magic. I don't know if it makes sense, but it's something that the writers could have easily explained when they did the terrible job on the Dark One mythology. 

Last season, when Regina asked Emma to heal Robin and the talking head told her she needed to take a price for the magic, and Emma decided to break the rules which ended up costing her a lot, it got me wondering if that's the reason the Dark One makes deals.

Like Snowing went to Rumple a lot for his help in the flashbacks, and Cinderella signed a contract with him, and all of this got me wondering if the Dark One doesn't ask for a price/makes a deal because he's the one who is the purveyor of the magic. I don't know if it makes sense, but it's something that the writers could have easily explained when they did the terrible job on the Dark One mythology. 

That's always how I interpreted it. The Dark Ones make deals because they get something out of it and it pays for their magic. Two birds, one stone. It's a very weak insert of explanation though, since the price of magic is so inconsistent.

So as much as fake Storybrook is kindof 'meh', it is nice that we don't have to see Emma with her hand shimmy, which looks so fake its not funny.  It will be interesting to see what Regina does to try and get the fake Robin back to real Storybrook.

So I finally watched the episode. I'd seen enough to know it wasn't going to make me happy, so I put it off until a time when I wasn't going to rage about it. It was pretty cringeworthy and there was some truly terrible messaging that I think wasn't intended, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe it helped to have the most objectionable scenes for me broken up by other stuff that wasn't as bad.

Since everyone's covered things pretty well, I just wanted to say a couple of things.

- These plot parallels that they constantly have going are less fun or clever parallels and more lazy writing. The Evil Queen storming the knighting ceremony (and who knights a 12 year old anyway?) barely had to be written. They just pulled the original scene from the Pilot, tweaked a couple things and they were done. We've seen that scene play out more than once now - sometimes with different characters playing role of the Evil Queen. It's retread and boring. I'd much rather have seen Regina do something more dramatic and new than the same scene again.

- Rapey Regina can go away now.

- I loved, loved, loved the return of super crazy imp Rumpel. And fake or not, he can still play Regina like a fiddle. If we must have more of the Wishverse, I want less Regina, more Rumpel.

• Love 4
On 12/13/2016 at 2:07 AM, KAOS Agent said:

So this (on the show) made me facepalm. Of all the things you (the writers) want to make sure you get consistent w.r.t. character, this is what you choose? It didn't help that Aladdin looked like he'd lost all hope and didn't really have any reason to believe he'd be rescued (because let's face it, none of that "rescue mission" made a lick of sense).

Edited by DigitalCount

These plot parallels that they constantly have going are less fun or clever parallels and more lazy writing. The Evil Queen storming the knighting ceremony (and who knights a 12 year old anyway?) barely had to be written. They just pulled the original scene from the Pilot, tweaked a couple things and they were done. We've seen that scene play out more than once now - sometimes with different characters playing role of the Evil Queen. It's retread and boring. I'd much rather have seen Regina do something more dramatic and new than the same scene again.

Zelena's callback in 3x16 to the wedding scene was so much more intimidating and subtle of an allusion. I liked that Regina was the one being threatened. The replay in 6x10 copied more than Back to the Future Part 2.

Just watched this finally and I have only one comment.

This entire episode was completely contingent on Aladdin becoming a genie so Jasmine could find Agrabbah... and then Jasmine not making the wish. Seriously, he sacrificed himself for her and then instead of using the wish she waited around Storybrooke for somebody to steal the lamp?

Even better - Regina realises she controls the lamp but instead of wishing that Emma was back or that the Evil Queen was never separated from her or that all the Evil Queen's work was undone, she instead wishes her own banishment. 

I can't even with this shit.

My only other comment - Captain Charming were dressed the same. And that was awesome.

On 13/12/2016 at 5:07 PM, KAOS Agent said:

I don't know. She always was a little rapey. This a bit of a season 1 callback.

Edited by AudienceofOne
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, AudienceofOne said:

This entire episode was completely contingent on Aladdin becoming a genie so Jasmine could find Agrabbah... and then Jasmine not making the wish. Seriously, he sacrificed himself for her and then instead of using the wish she waited around Storybrooke for somebody to steal the lamp?

Yep, they were waiting around for who knows what, and The Evil Queen conveniently knew all about it when The Only Sword That Can Hurt Her appeared out of nowhere, and just like The Evil Queen conveniently listened in on a boring conversation Emma had with Aladdin weeks ago.  It feels like sloppy writing when everything is based on convenience and whatever needs to happen for the desired plot to occur.  It was the same problem with the Season 5 finale.  Suddenly, there was magic in the World Without Magic if you know where to look and wishing in a fountain suddenly can create a portal.  I don't know why it seemed to feel more natural in earlier seasons.

• Love 1

They didn't make the villains completely omniscient in earlier seasons. This season the Evil Queen knows everything that ever happened anywhere. The villain isn't clever in staying a step ahead of everyone, she's simply given all the information with no work on her part. It makes the story less interesting. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

They didn't make the villains completely omniscient in earlier seasons. This season the Evil Queen knows everything that ever happened anywhere. The villain isn't clever in staying a step ahead of everyone, she's simply given all the information with no work on her part. It makes the story less interesting. 

In S1, Regina was pretty omniscient because of her control of the town and the tight grip on its citizens. At least then it made sense and acted as a major plot point.

• Love 3

As in so many cases with so many things in this show, they just threw in the omniscience when they needed it for plot purposes, without any real rhyme or reason, without setting it up. It made some sense for the Evil Queen to be spying on Snow and Charming via mirror, since her curse was all about watching them suffer. They needed to explain better how she knew about Emma's offhand wish remark. We needed to have seen her spying on people around town with mirrors, checking in on them. The scene with Emma and Aladdin should have maybe included a close-up of the Bug's mirrors, with Emma and Aladdin reflected. Why would EQ have been spying on them then -- did she get the sense that they were on the edge of town after running into her barrier, so she looked to see what they were doing?

And then there's her little tidbit about David's father. How did she know that? At the time, I thought maybe that was something Hyde told her because of knowledge he had from the Land of Untold Stories, but at the rate they're going, she probably just knows because she's evil, and evil=omniscient, somehow.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

The scene with Emma and Aladdin should have maybe included a close-up of the Bug's mirrors, with Emma and Aladdin reflected.

"Emma, your Bug was bugged!" Come on, writers. I'm just doing your jobs for you at this point.

• Love 5

The really crazy thing is, the fact that the Evil Queen knew about Emma's wish wasn't some huge, surprise twist to viewers. That scene in which she made the wish based on what she saw Emma say wouldn't have been hurt at all if it had been set up, if we'd seen her spying on Emma via mirror earlier, so we already knew she knew. They could have even done a bit of a red herring setup, like them being at the town line triggered an alert, and EQ (I hate typing her whole name) picked up a hand mirror or compact to see what was going on. We might have then thought it was about that and never thought about what Emma said during that time until the EQ had the lamp. Then we'd have had just enough of a moment of dread to build tension and suspense because we'd have known what EQ knew that Emma didn't know she knew. Instead, we were left having to figure out how she knew it, which gave the scene less impact. But surprise is everything with these guys, so they never bother to set anything up.

• Love 2

The surprise wasn't even that great because I didn't remember much of Emma's conversation with Aladdin. (No offense to Aladdin, but most of his lines put me to sleep. Except for his perfectly delivered "ew.") I remember Emma talking about the pressures of being a Savior and convincing Aladdin to help Jasmine, but I never remembered Emma actually saying the words "I wish I wasn't the Savior." And for most of 6A, it seemed like Emma was being irrational and too stubborn about holding onto the Savior title. So when the Evil Queen was gloating that she was giving Emma her wish, instead of me being shocked and surprised, I was more confused and like, "Wait, what? When did Emma wish for that?" I didn't watch the "previously on OUAT..." clips before this episode, so maybe the writers were just banking on people watching that? But if a story line is well-executed, they shouldn't have to rely on a quick catch-up before the episode to remind the audience about what happened earlier. I should have been able to easily follow along without any "previously on..." clip. 

They also should have done more with the Hook/shears plot if they wanted to convince us Emma wished she was never the Savior. After Hook confessed about keeping the shears, instead of a quick 20-second conversation that ended with a hug, they should have had a long, serious conversation where Emma confessed to Hook about how she wouldn't mind not being the Savior anymore. Or maybe they could have even given them *gasp* multiple episodes to discuss her fears. But they never dug into Emma's psyche much after that and that's literally the only conversation Hook and Emma were allowed this season.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 5

The biggest issue is that Emma didn't really wish she wasn't the Saviour. It was an offhand comment to another person who understands the less fun aspects of being the Saviour. Emma said, "Every time I think about the vision of my future, and I think about my trembling hand and... imagine my family having to watch me die. And I wish I never became the Savior." How is this a wrong thought? I took issue with the writers claiming that this was a lesson that Emma was due. Is it because they think that it's inappropriate for Emma to wish the Saviour role away? If Saviours are always fated to die, who wouldn't wish that wasn't the case? They never did anything in 6A to make me believe that Emma was deserving of "punishment" (also their words) for not wanting to be the Saviour, so the parts of this episode that were supposed to reflect Emma's lesson fell flat.

I also have issues with the Evil Queen spying on her conversation with Aladdin. When Emma & Aladdin were having their conversation, the Evil Queen was celebrating the wedge she'd made between Hook & Henry and talking to Gold about it. So when did she find the time to watch Emma & Aladdin? Why would she even consider that worth watching when she was so enjoying the Hook/Henry strife? How is it that all the conversations that were relevant happened while the Evil Queen wasn't getting it on with Rumpel or having spa days with Zelena or changing her outfit for the millionth time that day? And how the hell would she even remember that Emma worded a sentence in a random conversation a certain way a couple weeks later when she happens to gain control of a genie?

• Love 5

Is it because they think that it's inappropriate for Emma to wish the Saviour role away? If Saviours are always fated to die, who wouldn't wish that wasn't the case? 

Even Jesus wished he didn't have to die as the Savior. So... yeah, I don't know where A&E are coming from with this. It's a bigger problem with the show. There's no incentive to do good or be kind to others because you're just going to get punished for it. The villains are punished too, but not any more than the heroes. The only difference is that villains can do whatever they want and heroes have rules like "no killing" that have no basis. Where do they get this honor code? Why do they believe it? Where did they learn it? It's just poor writing.

Sometimes Emma comes off as eager to help others just so she can fulfill the "Savior" role. I'm not saying she doesn't care about anyone, but I don't think the show gives her the choice to. She's the hero because she has to be, not because she chooses to be. Other characters have the same problem. Regina gets to use the Author or the Evil Queen as an excuse to be evil, but she has to be the hero whenever the plot dictates. She has no reason to be the hero, in fact she hates it, but she has to do it anyway because of A&E. Because of these reasons, I don't see characters. I see plot devices.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Camera One said:

What's the point of the title of this episode?  Wish you were here?  Wish who was here?  Where's here?  Who's you?  

I thought it was going to be Regina wishing Robin to life, but that didn't happen. I'm guessing "you" is either Regina or Emma.

52 minutes ago, Camera One said:

What's the point of the title of this episode?  Wish you were here?  Wish who was here?  Where's here?  Who's you?  

I've been scratching my head over this as well. Here's my solution--Regina was sitting alone in her vault, reminiscing over crypt-sex with Robin, and wishing he was around. The EQ, who hears everything, used up the third genie wish in a deleted scene to wish that Regina's wish was granted. The price is to be paid by Emma in the future because reasons.

• Love 1

I assumed the title was a call out to Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" which was based on the nervous breakdown and subsequent reclusiveness of one of the original band members. The song's theme of being stuck in a fantasy world fits the theme of the episode: 

So, so you think you can tell 
Heaven from Hell, 
Blue sky's from pain. 
Can you tell a green field 
From a cold steel rail? 
A smile from a veil? 
Do you think you can tell? 

And did they get you to trade 
Your heroes for ghosts? 
Hot ashes for trees? 
Hot air for a cool breeze? 
Cold comfort for change? 
And did you exchange 
A walk on part in the war 
For a lead role in a cage? 

How I wish, how I wish you were here. 
We're just two lost souls 
Swimming in a fish bowl, 
Year after year, 
Running over the same old ground. 
And how we found
The same old fears. 
Wish you were here.

Edited by Amerilla
Added clarifications I was too lazy to do on my mobile.
  • Love 3

Hello, I'm the BS Fairy, here to let you know what the title really means.  "Wish You Were Here" was a subconscious unsaid wish which Emma had in the wish realm.  In a life that she thought she wanted, there was an emptiness which could not be filled.  So deep within, Emma was wishing that Regina was there with her, a wish which was fulfilled due to the strength of these two characters' bonds.  The fact that the Wish Realm itself relied on unsaid Wishes to destroy itself is an extremely complex and clever piece of worldbuilding that will likely never be replicated again in the world of storytelling.  But it doesn't end there.  "Wish You Were Here" had a two-fold meaning!  The deep love that Rumple and Belle shared generated another unsaid wish, the wish to have their son with them.  However, because Belle was not open to the love that Rumple wanted to give her, she was punished by having a fully grown son "here" in Storybrooke.  

If you have more questions, I reside in the minds of the Writers of this show so you can most easily find me on Twitter! 

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 9

So... there was this episode of Buffy where all the characters wore Halloween costumes and became whatever they were trying to be. Buffy actually went the Princess Emma route and became a frail, sissy wimp. (Intended to be a noble woman from the 1770s.) She cried and groveled at someone who looked like they were going to kill her, much like Princess Emma. She even sort of learned a "careful what you wish for" lesson, because she thought Angel would be more attracted to a more traditional woman. I found it much less offensive than Once for several reasons. One being that Princess Buffy* was not portrayed as in the wrong for being terrified of Spike and begging for mercy. She wasn't being punished.

Once Upon a Time rips off ideas from BTVS so much... it makes any respect I have for A&E dwindle. Usually, BTVS takes the same concept and does something better with it.

* She more than likely wasn't intended to be a Princess, but I just called her that for simplicity.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

So... there was this episode of Buffy where all the characters wore Halloween costumes and became whatever they were trying to be.

That's one of my all-time favorite Buffy episodes. I loved the idea of becoming your costume and how the costumes allowed some of them to rise to the occasion. It wasn't really "punishment," but their costumes did reflect some things that were going on in their lives, so they had something to learn from becoming those things. Buffy was trying to be what she thought Angel would want, as a woman from his time period, and it turned out that what he wanted was her, the way she really was. Willow was in a sense trying to disappear by being a ghost, but when she became a ghost, that was empowering. And then we had Cordy being her usual self because she bought her costume elsewhere. As a bonus, the effects of the experience linger. The characters are subtly changed from that point.

In contrast, I don't feel like there's anything to learn from the Once episode. Emma didn't really wish not to be the Savior, and she certainly wouldn't have wished to be a useless princess, so she doesn't need to learn anything there. Regina doesn't seem to have cared that people were happy with her not casting the curse or being around to torment them. And I don't expect there to be any lingering effects.

• Love 5

and she certainly wouldn't have wished to be a useless princess, so she doesn't need to learn anything there.

They didn't even give Emma any ambivalent feelings about snapping out of her amnesia.  She was fully glad Regina snapped her out of it. So as you said, there was nothing anyone learned from the Wish Realm.  

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Camera One said:

They didn't even give Emma any ambivalent feelings about snapping out of her amnesia.  She was fully glad Regina snapped her out of it. So as you said, there was nothing anyone learned from the Wish Realm.  

A similar thing happened with Ingrid. Emma learned someone actually did love her as a kid then... nothing. Their connection was pointless, much like the Wish Realm. Both instances should have been important to her character, but they weren't.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5

I wonder if they will have Emma use her fake memories or knowledge from the Wish Realm in the next episode.  Because if she still possessed those, then presumably, she would still possess some of the fake feelings she had towards the people in the Wish Realm?  Or not.  These Writers This Show.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I wonder if they will have Emma use her fake memories or knowledge from the Wish Realm in the next episode.  Because if she still possessed those, then presumably, she would still possess some of the fake feelings she had towards the people in the Wish Realm?  Or not.  These Writers This Show.

Well, the Ingrid and New York memories haven't affected her, so...

Not that I'm a big fan of the Wish Realm, but it should have impacted Emma. Compare it with 2A in the abandoned nursery, which was just a taste of her would-be life. In 6x10, she saw a more complete version of what her Princess life was going to be, and it didn't affect her at all. She saw her parent(s) die at the hands of Regina (multiple times) and it didn't phase her. Even if Regina wasn't really murdering anyone, the image should have been traumatizing anyway. For a realm that revolves around a wish Emma made, it sure had little to do with her.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I was thinking about how stupid it was to have Emma immediately snap back to her normal self and run off with Regina to head home. There should have been some semblance of struggle there. At least a wistful what if and a brief moment of thinking maybe she was happier in the Wishverse. If she's not the Saviour there, she's not destined to die, so shouldn't there be something to that?  Maybe they actually needed to make it a more difficult decision as to whether to return home.

Oh right, I forgot. She was supposed to learn that growing up unloved, hungry and abused made a better Emma than one who was raised in a loving, happy home with her parents in a peaceful kingdom. And she should go home to die. I hate this episode. So. Much.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

For a realm that revolves around a wish Emma made, it sure had little to do with her.

The entire thing was for 3 puposes:

1- SQ wet dream with Emma dressed as a princess groveling at Regina's feet and then thanking her;

2- Further attempt to convince us that ArseWipeFire is a hero (ok-maybe I'm projecting on that one because I am just so, so bitter!)

3- Dangle Robin in front of Regina (if we get yet another before/after sex scene with these 2 while CS......!!!...never mind *let it go, PixiePaws*)

• Love 8

I was thinking about how stupid it was to have Emma immediately snap back to her normal self and run off with Regina to head home. There should have been some semblance of struggle there.

That would require A&E having the capacity to empathize with Emma's character and putting themselves in her shoes to imagine what she might have gone through in the Wish Realm. Why did Emma automatically assume Regina was correct when she said everything was "fake"? Why didn't Emma pause to think that maybe there's some moral obligation to find Wish Henry and tell him the truth before she ditches her (fake) son for another life? What if Regina was wrong and some of the people in the realm were real? If the Wish Realm people had the capacity for emotions and had consciences, why is it totally okay for Regina to go around killing them without any remorse? Why didn't Emma object to Regina's murder spree at all?

We're getting into Westworld territory here where you can tell the asshole humans from the nice humans based on how they treat the robots. Even though the robots on that show are technically not human, there's still a huge moral grey area where the show makes you question whether or not it's okay to kill robots that look exactly like humans, act exactly like humans, and even have the perception of emotions. One of the humans on that show was initially shocked at how easily some humans could kill the robots, but the excuse was always, "They're not real! They're just robots!" Regina and Emma are officially the asshole humans from Westworld who don't give a shit about the robots Wish Realm people.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 5

They were never going to use anything from the wishverse to tell us how Emma felt because this was never about her. Not that anything on the show is about her anymore.

They blatantly used her to bring Robin back and advance Regina's story even though they did absolutely nothing concrete with her character the entire 6A. Robin had just died, and except for 6x01, nothing has been said about the grief. Shouldn't she feel the loss more "deeply" because she doesn't have the EQ to kind of mute that for her?

Emma is always so damn stupid when she shares scenes with Regina. She's not allowed to be right about anything, she thanks her for stuff, including the murder of her parents (and I don't care if A&E keep saying that the people there aren't real. Henry was real enough that Regina didn't want to hurt him and Robin was real enough that she missed the portal back home) she enables the behavior, and sits there and takes the abuse like a champ. For me, the killing of Snowing even if it looks accidental tells me that Regina is not over her resentment of those two.

But they will never go into that because they refuse to explore anything that is character related.

Judging by how defensive Adam was on Twitter and how he and Jane said different things, they didn't even think this wishverse through (because why would they when they think the audience is stupid) and it doesn't even look like there was a discussion in the writing room about this universe and what it meant.

If the episode had aired as a 2 hour thing instead of 1 hour like it did, I think things might have gone better, but this episode left A&E exposed for the real hacks that they are. I know, it's not like we didn't already know they were hacks to begin with.

Also, Henry missing Emma's birthday celebration because he was practicing for the knighting ceremony. Really? What is it? Practicing how to kneel, or how to walk across the hall? Please, just die, Henry.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

The vast vocabulary used on this show never ceases to amaze me.

Indeed. Maybe one day when the stars align these authors can cleave themselves from these dialogue habits and have a happy ending of sorts. That would make them real heroes rather than villains. Or so one might hope.

• Love 11

Kind of like how Jasmine and Aladdin are smart enough to not care about all the evil queen/savior nonsense. They are rolling there eyes in the background until they could just go home. I thought it was funny how uninterested Aladdin was in granting wishes until Jasmine got a hold of the lamp. Good for them, but kind of sad that they aren't around more as Aladdin is my favorite prince.

I liked the wish world. It was pretty. Wish Prince Henry would have had more of a personality though.

This is one of the funnier things for people to get upset by, imo. The show clearly played the AU as a laugh. Even Snow's and Charming's deaths were played in the most comical way possible. Taking things way too seriously is the m.o. of this show's fandom though, I guess.

If it was all meant to be comical, then it needed to be consistent.  Why was Snowing dying supposed to be funny, but Henry threatening to kill Regina, and Regina refusing to lift a finger/Emma wanting to save Henry from being tainted by murder, supposed to be ultra dramatic and significant?  Shouldn't Regina and Emma have thrown a sword through Henry and then laughed about how fake he was?

• Love 5