Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Wish You Were Here

• Start Topic

Why was Regina ready to let fake!Henry kill her? Couldn't she have poofed away if she didn't want to hurt fake!Henry? She had no problems killing "fake" Snowing however, all the while terrorizing Emma. And yet, she was ready to leave "Henry" behind, but got stuck seeing "Robin"? 

I still feel traumatized at the scene where Regina terrorized Emma and crushed Snowing's heart. I can't get past it. 

• Love 9

Just read Adam Grosswirth's recap/review....did I watch the same ep???? 10/13????  Not in my universe .... 

I have never hated Adam and Eddie more than I did watching Killian doing a complete 180 on his true self and Emma thanking Regina.

'Regina will bring Emma home'...!!!! Since when does Killian have that much faith in her?! He has always been the one to side eye her dubious unearned redemption. No way is he EVER going to leave saving his Swan to that woman.... In the background all I could hear was A&E singing 'Must keep SQers happy' on an endless loop, while they butcher the character of Emma's True Love. Even in the Author AU Killian showed more fight for a woman he just met that what they tried to sell us last night.

Watching Emma thanking Regina after she killed her parents....so much vomit....but hey it is consistent.  Emma just groveled all over Regina after watching her...the REAL unsplit Regina...smirk triumphantly at burning Snow alive in 4b. Snow survived but Regina didn't know that...

Colin and JMo really showed their acting chops last night...hiding their disgust at what was being done to their characters.

Can we just send evil Gideon after A&E?

TBF, Adam thought MRJ is an actor in demand....I do like the "wishes logic into the cornfield" part, tho....

• Love 1

David is responsible for wishing the hooded figure that kills Emma into the existence and the Black Fairy kidnapping Gideon to make it happen.  Cause that's how this show rolls.

Wasn't Gideon missing before David's wish? When Rumple dropped some hair on the globe, it couldn't find him.  David might be responsible for Gideon showing up again, but he was going to turn up anyway. Clearly, he was a man on a mission and not reluctant to do something about the Evil Queen. I just wish our heroes were that decisive.

What David might be responsible for is Robin. He wished that the Queen got what she deserved and they made a big point about how Regina and the Evil Queen are the same person (that is the rule during this episode. When the writers need them to be completely different people, that will be the new rule until they need the opposite again).  Regina has been such a big hero, that Robin being alive again is what she deserves and this time, we will get to credit Regina for saving him from a life of crime instead of that nasty Marianne.

Regina and Robin will fall in love again and they will have an angsty scene where she must leave him behind (Robin will make his anguished face) because Fake Robin can't live in a real world. Then when she gets back to Storybrooke, he will be alive again and that will be her reward for saving the savior and sacrificing her True Love again. And that's not even speculation because whatever Emma gets, Regina does too.

• Love 4

I have so much to do today, but I can't focus until I get a lot of stuff about this episode off my chest and out of my head.

First, you can tell that no thought was put into creating the AU and figuring out what Emma would have been like without the curse. Why would Aladdin have created it that way, even if it was the Evil Queen's wish? It's part of this show's mythology (and stories about genies, in general) that they're tricky and capricious and will grant the letter of the wish rather than the spirit, so you have to be careful how you ask it. They do this because they're not totally keen on being servants to the owners of the lamps. The Evil Queen just asked that Emma get her wish. She didn't specify that Emma be a useless wimp. Aladdin was forced to grant the wish, but he had power over how it was granted. Emma probably didn't wish to be useless. She wouldn't want to not be a hero anymore. She just wanted to not have the doom of being the Savior hanging over her head. So why wouldn't Aladdin give the Evil Queen the letter of her wish while giving Emma what she'd actually asked for? The way the Evil Queen asked it, all he really had to do was remove the Savior destiny while letting Emma keep everything else and stay exactly where she was. If he had to create a Wishverse, then why not make it one where Emma could very quickly and easily figure out something was wrong and get herself out of it, or at least be receptive to someone else helping? He was pleased to be able to grant Regina's wish to go help Emma, so couldn't he have done other passive-aggressive stuff to thwart the Evil Queen?

Meanwhile, being a princess doesn't have to mean being useless. Snow wasn't a Savior, and yet she was strong enough to put on a brave face for her kingdom at her mother's death when she was ten. She was willing to go take on bandits when she was a teen. She survived being thrown out of the palace. Yeah, Princess Emma didn't have Regina as a challenge the way Snow did, but most of her life, Snow didn't know that Regina was a challenge. Weren't there other challenges, like bandits, pirates, other witches (the blind witch), Maleficent, Ursula, evil Arthur in the kingdom next door, George and his followers, Ingrid looking for her magical sister, ogres, etc., etc.? Would Snow and Charming have allowed their daughter to grow up useless, not teaching her to shoot and use a sword? Not to mention, they're getting really mixed up in their Savior mythology again, going back to the initial definition of it being because of the curse rather than it being all-purpose Saviordom that would have happened anyway, so the curse shouldn't have been the tipping point.

Then they haven't really thought through the impact this would have on Emma. She now has yet another set of false memories, of growing up as a princess with her parents, to go with the false memories of bringing up Henry. We never got into her head to see how she felt about any of this. Was part of her a little sad to have the spell broken and realize all that was a lie? Was it just "yikes, Princess Emma totally sucked"? I guess since it wasn't really her wish, not something she would have actually officially asked for, there's no "be careful what you wish for" lesson for her, no awareness of what she'd have to give up to have lived that life, but having Henry there really made the balance wonky. Hook was the only thing missing from that life (well, before her parents were killed). You know there's SQ baiting going on when he's not even mentioned.

You could kind of make the case that a baby taken away, aging at a different rate and coming back as an adult who wants revenge on his father is a vague fantasy trope and not necessarily stolen from the Angel plot, but this cribbing goes deeper than that. We have the person convinced by visions/prophecy that the father is going to be a danger to the child, then the person taking the child away for safekeeping is attacked and left for dead and the child taken to another dimension by the father's enemy to be raised to hate his father, and he comes back grown up. I'm still about 99.99999 percent certain that the vision of Gideon who convinced Belle to send him away will turn out to have been something done by the Black Fairy, which will add to the Angel ripoff. Except on Angel, we already knew why Holtz hated Angel, and we got some real moral gray areas in there because Holtz wasn't entirely wrong. His actions and the way he went about it were wrong, but he had a legitimate gripe. With this, we have no clue why the Black Fairy is seeking revenge on her own son. I'm sure we'll later get flashbacks, but right now, it's just a name that has no meaning.

Then, did I miss the third wish by Regina/Evil Queen that allowed David to become the genie's master by getting the lamp? In the Wonderland spinoff, a big part of the plot was that Alice was hoarding her wishes as a way of keeping Cyrus as free as possible -- while Alice had ungranted wishes that he owed her, Jafar wasn't able to force Cyrus to serve him. Jafar had to trick Alice into using up her wishes. Regina should have first wished for something random and safe, like new wallpaper, before asking to go after Emma, thus leaving the lamp to someone else, and it could have been part of a unified plan -- have someone on standby to take the lamp as soon as the third wish was made.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

Then, did I miss the third wish by Regina/Evil Queen that allowed David to become the genie's master by getting the lamp? In the Wonderland spinoff, a big part of the plot was that Alice was hoarding her wishes as a way of keeping Cyrus as free as possible -- while Alice had ungranted wishes that he owed her, Jafar wasn't able to force Cyrus to serve him. Jafar had to trick Alice into using up her wishes. Regina should have first wished for something random and safe, like new wallpaper, before asking to go after Emma, thus leaving the lamp to someone else, and it could have been part of a unified plan -- have someone on standby to take the lamp as soon as the third wish was made.

They are once again brushing OUATIW off in favor of going the more Disney route, where whoever holds the lamp is master no matter what.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mathius said:

They are once again brushing OUATIW off in favor of going the more Disney route, where whoever holds the lamp is master no matter what.

Yeah, and that would also apply to the Evil Queen getting it from Jasmine -- if they went by the Wonderland rules, then Jasmine should have quickly rubbed the lamp, got her wishes, and maybe not used them yet, which would have rendered the lamp useless for anyone else.

The problem with disregarding the Wonderland rules is that they're carrying over the character of Jafar, even if he's played by a different actor.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

The problem with disregarding the Wonderland rules is that they're carrying over the character of Jafar, even if he's played by a different actor.

Yeah, I would say they're disregarding OUATIW for him too given what we've seen of him thusfar, but unfortunately Aladdin's been turned into a genie, Jafar was turned into a genie at the end of OUATIW, and there is no way A&E are going to be able to resist a genie vs. genie battle in the Agrabah mini-arc, so once that happens and OUATIW is more firmly established as having canonly happened, it all becomes an even bigger mess.

Edited by Mathius

Where do I start? I love Oncebut A&E do try really hard to make me just hate it. 

As you guys have said... The AU was an incredible missed opportunity. Why did they turn Emma into that ridiculous spiineless person? JMo seemed gorgeous, Charmings were so pretty... Yeah if I try hard I can explain somethings (create my own versions of explanations, but couldn't the writters be a little obvious? Like Emma created that world in her head, that is why Henry was still there, named Henry, that is why she was a pushover, she couldn't handle be a normal and happy person because she would not be able to bare the pain of living all she had lost because of the curse...)

That freaking Belle sentence... What have WE done? Sweetie, Stocolmo syndrom is real, please don't go to Archie, but Rumple has basically threatened and imprisioned you, you were powerless, frightened and trying to protect your son. Please please, don't blame yourself. And please please admit you love Rumple and either accept him fully as a dark person or swear to fight against this love. There is no way you can continue to be that naive "I see the good in you" person.

And what the hell, Regina!  You got one good thing : noticing you and the EQ are the same. Why didn't you wish that the genie (stupid, stupid plot, no words) send you and Hook or David to Emma? Why did you kill the lovely Snowing again? See, even Emma said it was really dark!

Stupid douchefire picture, where is a vomiting emoticon when I need one? I was half paying attention to the episode, the other half was reading your comments, but didn' Emma say something about weaking up because she didn't want Henry to kill? I can accept that, she didn't want her sonto become dark (although stupid again, killing in self defense or to help others can"tbe considered dark, Regina has slaughtered villages and managed to not be sooo dark, but this show and its debatable morality notion)... Well I still prefer this than any SQ idea that Emma loves Regina more than her parents.

No CS basically... Sad sad face.

Emma stucked in the dream world because of Regina, and Robin... Girl, you were back to your brave self , yell at Regina: hey, pal, we're good to go, remember how you have just killed my parents because they are not real? Yeah, this Robin is not real as well, I am going back to my family, hope you follow me, thanks and bye!

So ultil March and knowing we'll continue this SQ adventure plus dream Robin and Hooded figure is Gideon...

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, justmythoughts said:

didn' Emma say something about weaking up because she didn't want Henry to kill? I can accept that, she didn't want her sonto become dark

In no universe would Emma cower behind her son in fear. If there was a moment for Emma to “wake up”, that was it. Period. I cannot believe that Emma would fail to have basic motherly instincts, just becasue she was not some “savior”. The writers have no respect for Emma. 

• Love 11

So if Regina reabsorbs the Evil Queen, will Rumple still try to kill her? Or will he see that as a just punishment for her?

The writers have no respect for Emma. 

This. I think Emma crying at Regina's feet begging her for mercy is some kind of wet dream for them. I don't know why Emma couldn't have been a badass Disney Princess like her mother.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 10

didn' Emma say something about weaking up because she didn't want Henry to kill? I can accept that, she didn't want her sonto become dark

I can't, because killing someone who killed your grandparents and was threatening your mother ISN'T DARK.

I don't know why Emma couldn't have been a badass Disney Princess like her mother.

The writers can barely remember that Snow was a badass Disney Princess, so I'm not surprised.

• Love 4

So if Regina reabsorbs the Evil Queen, will Rumple still try to kill her? Or will he see that as a just punishment for her?

The writers have no respect for Emma. 

This. I think Emma crying at Regina's feet begging her for mercy is some kind of wet dream for them. I don't know why Emma couldn't have been a badass Disney Princess like her mother.

Still think this was meant to be an EQ wet dream......and also for SwampQueeners and BagelSwanners. Cause we had a very dim, very submissive, very immature Princess Emma.

• Love 1

@Mathius and @KingOfHearts and @Rumsy4

Thanks for replying, I agree Emma should have been badass because even as I do believe personality is partially result of the environment, it is also inner carachter and Emma is a brave fighter whatever the world.

Also, totally agree killing in many circunstances is the only viable option (do you hear me Snow? You should not have spared EQ's life back in the EF). But with these show you either are good or bad, hero or villain, killer or stupid, give it or take it, although they love the discourse "shades of grey" it only applies to their beloved Regina.

Finally, yeah Emma's mother instincts are a great explanation. I'll take that!

• Love 4

I would have loved it if instead of a key inside the box Emma presented to Regina, it was the black and white candle Snow used to kill Cora. And then Regina would have been like, "No, no, no. I want you to be the Savior, not a murderer. That thing will permanently darken your heart!" And then Emma would be like, "Okay, so should I run you through with a sword?" "Yes! Now that's heroic! Unless you're a teenage boy, then it's murder." 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, MaiLuna said:

And have they forgotten that you can't change masters of the lamp without making the 3 wishes first? Sigh.

In Aladdin, Jafar was perfectly able to become Genie's new master before Aladdin had made his last wish.

• Love 1

Oh dear.  Well, I just watched it.  Rambly-rambling thoughts ahead: I was not surprised by anything that happened.  I was incredibly bored.  No really.  I kept looking up from the magazine I was flipping through, thinking, this episode is still on?  Geez.  It was that bad.  That was the mid-season finale?  Well, I am sure as hell not going to be on pins and needles waiting for the hiatus to be over this year.  At least the Charming and Hook scenes were decent.  I think I threw up in my mouth a little when they showed that painting of Neal.  Ew.  I think it happened again just thinking of that painting - and the hero-ifying of that douche.  Way too much Henry.  Shut up, Henry.  I totally see Belle and Rumple making up now.  That's another disgusting story.  At Belle's line "what have we done to each other" I'm pretty sure I was sneering at my tv "you didn't do anything, Belle."  (I didn't bother yelling, because that would require more energy than I could muster for this show at this point.)  And boy, wasn't Regina just fucking brilliant, letting the portal close while she stared at a man she knew wasn't real!  Emma should have just grabbed her arm and dragged her into the portal.  Problem solved.  It would have been so much better if Charming and Hook had gone to retrieve Emma.  Can you imagine his older self seeing his younger self?  Ha!  That would have been funny at least.  And funnier if his older self knew Hook as a pirate who'd been raiding their coastal ports.  As so many on this board have noted: so many missed opportunities.  I'm going to go read the comments now.  I know they'll be much better than the episode itself. 

• Love 6

I'm starting to wonder if they might surprise us and actually kill the Evil Queen cobra so that they can be somewhat truthful now when Regina repeats her "I'm a totally different person now" mantra. She will no longer be responsible at all for any bad thing she did in the past, since the Evil Queen was the one who did it, and she's gone now.

I love how she was able to remember that this world and the people in it were fake enough to crush the hearts of the Charmings, those people she considers friends and family, but not when faced with Robin, even though it meant she was losing her chance to get home.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, OnceUponAJen said:

Could it be a replay of the beanstalk?

Oh, absolutely. But with Regina and Emma being the ones climbing it while 

Spoiler

Grandpa Hook waits for them on the ground because he is too old to climb anything

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 3

All those years the Evil Queen couldn't kill Snowing, and all Regina had to do was poof them to Knifington Palace and crush their hearts. If she did that in the pilot wedding scene, this whole series could have been avoided.

I can't, because killing someone who killed your grandparents and was threatening your mother ISN'T DARK.

Honestly, Henry was probably the most sane person in the AU. That's saying a lot.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, Michel said:

In Aladdin, Jafar was perfectly able to become Genie's new master before Aladdin had made his last wish.

I know, but in the Wonderland spinoff it was established that all wishes had to be spent before there could be a transference of ownership.

This show is just ignoring something claimed to be in its own canon in favor of following the Disney version all of a sudden.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

All those years the Evil Queen couldn't kill Snowing, and all Regina had to do was poof them to Knifington Palace and crush their hearts. If she did that in the pilot wedding scene, this whole series could have been avoided.

She couldn't do that in the pilot because (we later learned) Rumple had put a spell on her to keep her from being able to harm them in that world. That was one of the reasons for the curse, to get them to a place where she could harm them. I guess that didn't apply to real world Regina vs. wish world Charmings.

However, what was Rumple doing in the Knifington Palace dungeon? He was the Charmings' prisoner at the time of the curse, and they were living in George's castle while Regina was "exiled" to Knifington. Rumple should have been in the Charmings' castle, not Regina's. Didn't she find him in the ruins of her castle?

57 minutes ago, Mathius said:

This show is just ignoring something claimed to be in its own canon in favor of following the Disney version all of a sudden.

And not just given a passing mention as one of the rules of genies. It was a major plot point. Alice was able to keep Cyrus safe from being used by Jafar by not using her wishes.

I tuned back in after not watching for a while to see how things were going, and I see stupid is still running the show.  Both Emma and Regina just stand there while the portal closes?  Really?  Epic fail.

I did like the evil queen being turned in to a cobra stuck in a cage.

• Love 2

When EQ was turned into a cobra I thought that the robed figure would turn out to be Jafar.

Hmm, Rumple is supposed to now be the darkest Dark One who ever darkened the dark (and most powerful evah and then some). But the thought of the Black Fairy and her hanging out in some alleged darker than dark realm with his kid has him a' quivering. Sure show, sure.

• Love 4

She couldn't do that in the pilot because (we later learned) Rumple had put a spell on her to keep her from being able to harm them in that world. That was one of the reasons for the curse, to get them to a place where she could harm them. I guess that didn't apply to real world Regina vs. wish world Charmings.

Oh, forgot about that. Must be why she told Rumple she had a "wedding to get to" at the end of Cricket Game's flashbacks. Still, she confronted them many times when they were practically defenseless. (3x02, for example.) It's not like finding them was an issue. She spied on them all the time, mirror available or not. The only reason she never killed them was she was crazy and always looked for the more "satisfying" punishment. Except, she did try to kill them several times. So... plot hole! Wheeee!

When EQ was turned into a cobra I thought that the robed figure would turn out to be Jafar.

It would be funny if Jafar came to Storybrooke and turned Cobra!EQ into his new staff.

(Sorry for the double post, it didn't show my first post until I posted this.)

20 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Still, she confronted them many times when they were practically defenseless. (3x02, for example.) It's not like finding them was an issue. She spied on them all the time, mirror available or not. The only reason she never killed them was she was crazy and always looked for the more "satisfying" punishment. Except, she did try to kill them several times. So... plot hole! Wheeee!

Well, yeah. For a while you might have been able to say that she wasn't killing them because either she didn't really want to, deep down inside, or she was looking for the more satisfying punishment, but then they showed her trying to kill them and even thinking she was killing Snow, only to have been tricked. The best handwave I can come up with is that Rumple was foiling all her efforts to kill them because he wanted her casting the curse. We did see him intervene with the Count of Monte Cristo, because he couldn't risk Regina's assassin succeeding.

They really need a better explanation for why the Evil Queen knows everything that's going on. Evil doesn't make a person omniscient. The mirrors work, but then you have to assume that she's spending every moment spying on them in mirrors, and aside from Snow's moment of realizing she was watching them, we haven't seen her hanging around, looking in mirrors. It would have been nice if, say, she'd paused in her spa day to check in with a hand mirror. That would have set up that she had a way of getting info. Otherwise, it's like she just knows everything because she does.

• Love 5

From the PTV review:

Then in the wish, Rumple explains that "every savior needs a villain," so to remind Emma who she is, Regina will have to become the Evil Queen again, at least for show.

I didn't see any difference between the EQ post split, Regina in EF pre-split, and Regina pretending to be the EQ in the fake!world.

There is one good thing I will say about the episode: I liked Regina's coat and boots.  That outfit looked really good on her.  

• Love 4
On 12/4/2016 at 9:16 PM, KingOfHearts said:

If every villain needs a Savior, why isn't every hero a Savior? What makes Emma and Aladdin special snowflakes?

Rumple said that every Savior has a villain, not that every villain has a Savior.

23 hours ago, Mari said:

Or maybe Regina's not-murdered father Henry became a kindly grandfather figure after his daughter left?

That's about the only way it makes sense.

On 12/4/2016 at 9:21 PM, Worsel said:

I have a feeling we will be seeing an AU Zelena - because on this show people never seem to stay dead for long (except Baelfire.)

Zelena isn't dead.

22 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

Did I miss the "you're Prince Bloody Charming" line that was in the script tease, or did they yet again tease something that got cut?

It was cut.

I find it hard to believe Princess Emma would be such a useless ninny. Per "Labor of Love", Snow learned at an early age that it's a princess's duty to protect her kingdom, and you'd think she'd impart that on her daughter. She *has* demonstrated an overprotective side when it comes to Emma that could lead her to coddle her even though it's hypocritical, I suppose, but Emma has always seemed likely an inherently strong-willed person. Meanwhile, Henry gets to be a knight by virtue of being male.

This episode reminded us that Regina has a history of raping helpless attractive men.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

There is one good thing I will say about the episode: I liked Regina's coat and boots.  That outfit looked really good on her.

And her hair was really cute. That short flippy cut is good on her. The Regina makeup is also good on her. The Evil Queen makeup, not so much. It's so harsh that it makes her look a lot older.

I liked Emma's princess look for the most part, though I didn't like the super-red lipstick with the pastel outfit at the knighting ceremony. Everything else was soft and pale and pretty, and then her lips were like the only color around. It was harsh and jarring. She was absolutely lovely while walking in the woods, though.

1 minute ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

This episode reminded us that Regina has a history of raping helpless attractive men.

And that the writers have a history of still not getting that a woman coercing an unwilling man to have sex with her, whether or not she uses magic, is rape and not a cute, funny, saucy joke. After all the outcry about Graham, they seem to be doubling down on that instead of listening and learning.

• Love 7

Rumple said that every Savior has a villain, not that every villain has a Savior.

But he said that Saviors exists because villains exist. So why do certain villains get Saviors, but others don't?

Mother Superior was found in "the woods".  So Blue was going to hide the baby in Storybrooke Forest?  I know we're not supposed to think that's important but what?!

It would have been more prudent to hide the baby somewhere outside Storybrooke, or just in another realm altogether so Rumple's blood locator wouldn't work. The multiverse is vast.

Edited by KingOfHearts

There's no such thing as "being careful with making a wish".  That's what makes them look so idiotic.  David, Snow, Aladdin and Jasmine shouldn't want to touch the lamp with a ten-foot pole.

Technically, Leopold made "smart" wishes too, but he still got murdered.  

From "Fruit of the Poisonous Tree":

King Leopold: Then, I know my first wish. I wish you to be free.

Genie: There are two more wishes left in the lamp. What will you do with them?

King Leopold: For my second wish, I wish to give my third and final wish to you.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

I liked Emma's princess look for the most part, though I didn't like the super-red lipstick with the pastel outfit at the knighting ceremony. Everything else was soft and pale and pretty, and then her lips were like the only color around. It was harsh and jarring. She was absolutely lovely while walking in the woods, though.

The red lips were rather jarring.  I didn't really like her birthday dress though.  It was too "young" what with the puffy sleeves, especially for a woman with a son old enough to become a knight.  

Queen Snow looked good in her dress and Kind David had a very regal bearing.  

• Love 2

"Boy am I glad I grew up scared and alone!" said no one ever. Growing up safe and well-loved should've made Emma stronger, not weaker. No child is better off as an orphan. #Monsters.

It's kind of unintentionally hilarious that they spent so much of their time pandering to the SQ crowd, only to bring back Robin Hood at the last minute. More of me yelling at the TV: "FFS, Emma, GO, just leave her!"

Edited by Dianthus
more words
  • Love 10

I did like that they actually referred to him as "King David." None of this "Charming" nonsense. I find it intensely creepy that other people use his wife's pet nickname for him. And I guess somewhere along the way, they came clean with the fact that he wasn't Prince James (though it would have been nice to get that revelation onscreen). Incidentally, I suspect that's how he manages to be a King rather than a Prince Consort. He took over George's kingdom, so that made him a king, even if it turned out that he wasn't a rightful heir. Supposedly, they merged Snow's kingdom with George's kingdom, though that makes it weird that it doesn't sound like they were considered king and queen before the curse. They seem to be playing it like Regina was still queen, so as long as she was around, they couldn't be king and queen. Even during the Missing Year, they were calling Regina queen but never referred to Snow as queen.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Mathius said:

It was hilarious when Regina saw the Dwarves and started shouting "HEEEEY!" like a little girl.  WTF was that, Lana?

If it were real Grumpy: "What the hell you want now, Your Majesty?"

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

And that the writers have a history of still not getting that a woman coercing an unwilling man to have sex with her, whether or not she uses magic, is rape and not a cute, funny, saucy joke. After all the outcry about Graham, they seem to be doubling down on that instead of listening and learning.

Yeah--seriously tone deaf.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Zelena isn't dead.

Oops, don't know why I wrote Zelena, meant to say Marian (although you could substitute any one of a number of characters who actually did die during the series.)  

13 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Did Robin Hood not get his "Code" in this AU?   

No, Emma and Regina looks wealthy and he's robbing them to give to the poor, but polite about it to fire a warning shot and tell them it's a robbery.

It's honestly more reflective of a code than just about anything the other universe's Robin did.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Don't know why the heck Regina didn't just wish Emma to be back.

That would have constituted wishing to undo a wish.

22 hours ago, MaiLuna said:

And have they forgotten that you can't change masters of the lamp without making the 3 wishes first? Sigh.

I don't blame Regina for staying at the end. We'd all probably do the same if we saw a dead loved one.

To be fair, in Once Wonderland when that was established, Cyrus had handed Alice the three wishes in gem form. What irks me is the omission of the "Master/Mistress mine, my will is thine. Tell me your wishes three" line. Although Sidney didn't have that either.

I do blame her for not thinking fast or acting impulsively as she's been wont to do before and dragging Robin through the portal with them with her magic before it closed. You're telekinetic, Regina!

22 hours ago, Stuffy said:

So the whole point of the original curse was to find Baelfire but in this alternative world Bae was still Emma's baby daddy. It was really dumb for Rumple to still be talking about that original curse because apparently his son was no longer lost just dead. Rumple wouldn't need a curse anymore. 

Maybe he's mad because he thinks if he had used the curse and found Bae (before Bae somehow came back to the EF on his own), and/or not been locked up, Bae wouldn't have died?

22 hours ago, Camera One said:

I would have liked to see Sleeping Snow enter Emma's AU world, and be the one to encourage/convince her to let go of the might-have-been world.  That would have been poignant for both of them, to see how their lives could have gone. 

Indeed, that conversation with either Snow or David would have been more poignant.

22 hours ago, Camera One said:

I thought the AU Rumple was the person in the hood, because they made it seem like Regina might be making a mistake in letting him go free.

My mother thought that, too. I don't know if I would have or not if I hadn't been accidentally spoiled it was Gideon before watching the recording. Maybe we were supposed to think that as misdirection.

10 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I won't even get into the idiocy of David's stupid, non-specific wish. Wish the Evil Queen away, dummy. Or why David could just pick up the damn lamp and claim control of it - why didn't Evil Queen just poof the lamp away from him like she did with the flower thingy a couple episodes ago?

I expected him to wish her to someplace "where she can't hurt anyone ever again", or to just be unable to.

That bothered me, too. I thought perhaps genie lamps can't be poofed. But you'd expect that to apply to other magical items, too

19 hours ago, PixiePaws1 said:

I can understand that the wish took all aspects of Emma's badass-ness ..every part of her that was brave and willing to put herself in danger for others. That was the intent. 

6x11 better be about her regaining it...despite the wish.

We'll have no such luck. She regained it all instantly.

16 hours ago, Worsel said:

At the end when Gideon said "Hello Mother, Hello Father" did anyone else think the next line was "Here I am at Camp Granada"?

More like, "Here I've been at Camp Grandma".

10 hours ago, Daisy said:

Does it even matter if it's "real" or "Wishtopia?"

Yes, because it would mean a real world where all those bad things still happened still existed, with a real Evil Queen still in it. Genies can't change the past.

9 hours ago, kili said:

Interestingly, the Evil Queen never expected her curse to last. Can't she just slither out of that little wrist thing? She's a snake.

Well, she did until Regina went there to save Emma. Then she knew it was a matter of time.

It's a magical bond, so no, she can't slither out of it. Same reason it remained on her even when she was transformed.

Rumple once proposed de-aging Neal back to childhood and wiping his memories. Perhaps that will be his and Belle's solution for Gideon, turning him back into a baby. If the writers remember he can do that. They don't seem to remember he can see the future.

About Robin: who, exactly, tries to rob people who have just opened a glowing portal, as if nothing is there? I'd be too distracted by the *glowing portal*.

• Love 4

The worst for me is the realization how little A. and E. really care for Emma and what she represent to girls and women. 

No, way writers who care will have her wrote like that.

Emma will always be a afterthought for them.

Edited by maryle
Spelling
  • Love 12

I can't say anything that hasn't been said other than I thought this was kind of insulting to Emma's character. So she needed to live a terrible life to be a strong person? Emma was strong despite her pain - not because of it!

Also why was Snowing the only ones to be aged up? Even Granny wasn't aged up! And Robin is supposed to be around Snow's age right? And yet he looks the same. Did Snow and Charming just forget to moisturise?

• Love 14

That's it -- I'm done.  Not coming back for 6Blech.  Too stupid and boring ans I have better things to do with my time.  The beast thing I can say about this episode is that it made me for get about Felon-at-Large Drumpf for an hour.

On 12/4/2016 at 9:19 PM, Senna said:

Don't you usually have to do ... something ... to be knighted? 

Any descendant of Royalty is going to be a Peer -- most likely Duke or Duchess.  That outranks Knight.

19 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

1) Regina can uses EQ's wishes two since they're still one in the same

2) Would it be too much to ask them to find something for Tony Curran also, so I can get my Stahma and Datak Tarr reunion from Defiance?

3) I still can't believe that they got the perfect actress to play Jasmine with Karen David, and completely tanked it.  That's impressive, Once Upon a Time.

1) They make a big point of that and then C harming can use the third wish with no problem.  TSTW
2) That would be fun and therefore can never happen
3) I know!  All they had to do was modify Princess Isabella a bit.

16 hours ago, Worsel said:

At the end when Gideon said "Hello Mother, Hello Father" did anyone else think the next line was "Here I am at Camp Granada"?

Yup

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

...her lips were like the only color around. It was harsh and jarring.

Her eyebrows also looked harsh and jarring to me. They seemed way over-defined and dark, especially compared to the rest of the soft look.

• Love 1