Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life Season 1

• Start Topic

On 2/19/2022 at 2:38 AM, scarynikki12 said:

She's referring to the book and movie Wild. Reese Witherspoon was in the movie. 

Yes, I understand that part, I meant how weird it was to have all these women who wanted to make a similar journey, apparently thinking that they can fake an experience like that, even saying they brought some shoes to throw to mimick a scene from the movie. I meant, I hope there are no actual women like that. But I probably wouldn't be that surpised if there are.

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was disappointed that Luke and L didn’t have a few kiddos running around the diner in backward hats.

Rory being a failure is totally possible. Journalism is dying so a great career in it is not possible. I’m thinking The baby belongs to Logan. Rory becomes a mini Emily. Rich stay at home wife… 

On 5/16/2022 at 4:48 PM, iwantcookies said:

I was disappointed that Luke and L didn’t have a few kiddos running around the diner in backward hats

They could put the hat on Paul Anka!  Who by the way I’m sure is a different dog actor than the one on original GG.  He looks different around the eyes.

14 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

They could put the hat on Paul Anka!  Who by the way I’m sure is a different dog actor than the one on original GG.  He looks different around the eyes.

Well bless my buttons:

The Gilmore Girls’ dog is a Polish Lowland Sheepdog, often called a PON. Like his namesake, Paul Anka the human is of Polish descent. The dog is played by a PON named Sparky, who will be reprising his role in the revival at 14 years old. You go, Sparky.

On 5/16/2022 at 2:48 PM, iwantcookies said:

I was disappointed that Luke and L didn’t have a few kiddos running around the diner in backward hats.… 

So am I. I really hoped for that. When they had a scene in the preview with Rory and a couple kids I thought they were Luke and Lorelai's. I was so disappointed when it was. I really wanted to see the married and a family.

Rory being a failure is totally possible. Journalism is dying so a great career in it is not possible. I’m thinking The baby belongs to Logan. Rory becomes a mini Emily. Rich stay at home wife

I wouldn't mind Rory being a faliure if she had at least tried at anything. It's clear she really didn't but at the same time never thought maybe being a journalist wasn't her calling. There were other options that would have worked well for her even if she just figured it out in the revival. Teaching at Chilton would have been great. She loved school I could see her as a teacher. I could see her as a mini Emily too. She really seemed to like being part of the DAR, hanging out with rich people, and fundraising. 

(edited)
On 10/22/2021 at 4:16 AM, junienmomo said:

The justification we were given was Lorelai's inability to jump through Emily's hoop of presenting a perfect Richard anecdote after waking up from a long day of funeral ceremonies.

I just rewatched fall randomly (god I hate the LADB “fantasy” part) anyway when Lorelei calls her mom and tells her the story of her dad at the mall on her birthday.

The fight they had earlier about everything  just wasn’t about jumping through a hoop it was that she was not being real with the connection to her father .. she was basically acting at that time like there was no connection (for lack of a better word) and honestly that was disrespectful to both herself and her dead father.

When she tells her that story and how that was the BEST BIRTHDAY she ever had because of HIM just being her dad at that moment and NOT punishing her but seeing that she was broken and being there for her gave Emily the reassurance that through everything he did make that connection with his ONLY child and his daughter has that moment of really loving her father and seeing the GREAT/Good man that Richard was that was all she wanted. 

Emily is very protective and loyal to Richard it would 100% be understandable her being upset that his daughter would be so flippant about memories of him and acting has there was nothing she could remember like he didn’t mean anything to her AT that moment with his friends around. or that’s how I took it 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
(edited)
On 5/20/2022 at 2:01 AM, andromeda331 said:

So am I. I really hoped for that. When they had a scene in the preview with Rory and a couple kids I thought they were Luke and Lorelai's. I was so disappointed when it was. I really wanted to see the married and a family.

I wouldn't mind Rory being a faliure if she had at least tried at anything. It's clear she really didn't but at the same time never thought maybe being a journalist wasn't her calling. There were other options that would have worked well for her even if she just figured it out in the revival. Teaching at Chilton would have been great. She loved school I could see her as a teacher. I could see her as a mini Emily too. She really seemed to like being part of the DAR, hanging out with rich people, and fundraising. 

To be a teacher she’d need even more education and certification. Since it’s make believe why not make her a teacher! 

Edited by iwantcookies
On 6/17/2022 at 12:47 AM, iwantcookies said:

To be a teacher she’d need even more education and certification. Since it’s make believe why not make her a teacher! 

Headmaster Charleston did ask her if she had any interest in getting a master's degree, so presumably when he was suggesting to her that she become a teacher, he was making clear she'd need more schooling.  

On 5/19/2022 at 6:52 AM, Kiki777 said:

Who by the way I’m sure is a different dog actor than the one on original GG

According to this article, they used the same dog that appeared in the television series for the revival. 

On 7/26/2023 at 2:58 PM, txhorns79 said:

Headmaster Charleston did ask her if she had any interest in getting a master's degree, so presumably when he was suggesting to her that she become a teacher, he was making clear she'd need more schooling.  

I genuinely assumed Rory would go get a masters. Rory never really took the best from her time at Yale. In her first year she clung too much to home. Second year she was torn between Dean and moving on to Logan. Third year, she didn't attend for months. Fourth year, she was deeply unsettled at the thought of leaving when she had just found her rhythm at school. She was someone who loved being in education but she was too immature when she went to Yale to really absorb it. Going back as an older woman, who'd lived in the real world enough to know more about what she didn't know, could have led to her having the experience of Yale, or any college, that she never quite got as an under-grad.

I thought that she either would do as Charleston suggested and get a masters in Education and become a teacher. Which would have been a great career for her. Or she'd take his advice, but differently, and get an MA/MFA in Literature or Creative Writing. And write a book while also really enjoying college life for a couple of years. Then, after getting published and having moderate success, she'd also maybe end up teaching at college level. Which I think she'd enjoy more than at a high school.

On 9/21/2023 at 3:43 AM, AllyB said:

I genuinely assumed Rory would go get a masters. Rory never really took the best from her time at Yale. In her first year she clung too much to home. Second year she was torn between Dean and moving on to Logan. Third year, she didn't attend for months. Fourth year, she was deeply unsettled at the thought of leaving when she had just found her rhythm at school. She was someone who loved being in education but she was too immature when she went to Yale to really absorb it. Going back as an older woman, who'd lived in the real world enough to know more about what she didn't know, could have led to her having the experience of Yale, or any college, that she never quite got as an under-grad.

I thought that she either would do as Charleston suggested and get a masters in Education and become a teacher. Which would have been a great career for her. Or she'd take his advice, but differently, and get an MA/MFA in Literature or Creative Writing. And write a book while also really enjoying college life for a couple of years. Then, after getting published and having moderate success, she'd also maybe end up teaching at college level. Which I think she'd enjoy more than at a high school.

Yeah, i thought Charleston suggesting she become a teacher was a great idea. Rory loves school. Teaching at a private school or college would be a perfect fit for her.

On 10/2/2023 at 5:21 AM, andromeda331 said:

Yeah, i thought Charleston suggesting she become a teacher was a great idea. Rory loves school. Teaching at a private school or college would be a perfect fit for her.

I appreciated that she wasn't qualified for the position. He told her to go get her masters and then she could return as a teacher. He wasn't just handing it to her - she had to put in some effort. But, she of course turned her nose up at the idea.