Type keyword(s) to search

Dinner For Five - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I loved this show too. I think I have every season on DVD, but as far as I know, all of it is still unavailable to stream. In the episode with Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck you can see the beginnings of their soon-to-be relationship. It's one of the few shows where celebs seemed to really be themselves. I may have to do a re-watch myself!

• Love 1

LOVED this show. Hope you'll do a recap of the one with the Daredevil cast (Kev Smith, Ben Affleck, Jen Garner ... and randomly Colin Farrell), and it was so obvious how much Garner was salivating for Affleck though he was still with J. Lo at the time.

• Love 3

So happy to see this show! This is exactly why I have been reading your work since TWoP. Please recap the episode with Timothy Olyphant, Jay Mohr and David Milch. You should also include any references to Marshal Revelation (which ended up being Cowboys vs Aliens. ugh) in the show-o-matic.

2 hours ago, taragel said:

LOVED this show. Hope you'll do a recap of the one with the Daredevil cast (Kev Smith, Ben Affleck, Jen Garner ... and randomly Colin Farrell), and it was so obvious how much Garner was salivating for Affleck though he was still with J. Lo at the time.

It did lead to one of my favorite quotes of the show Ben: "Who the fuck is Amy Jo Johnson?" when JG stated she frequently got mistaken for her.

• Love 2

I loved this show. Please recap the entire series. Especially the Daredevil episode because that where Ben Affleck finally won Jennifer Garner over with his "Who the fuck is Amy Jo Johnson?" comment.

Also, what happened to Joey Lauren Adams? Was she blackballed by a Weinstein?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I loved this show. Please recap the entire series. Especially the Daredevil episode because that where Ben Affleck finally won Jennifer Garner over with his "Who the fuck is Amy Jo Johnson?" comment.

Also, what happened to Joey Lauren Adams? Was she blackballed by a Weinstein?

She works. I've seen her a couple of shows including Switched at Birth.

18 hours ago, taragel said:

Wasn't random. All five people were in the 2003 Daredevil movie together.

The Amy Jo Johnson comment was an all time classic. It's not really an odd talent since both actresses co starred on Felicity together but if you didn't watch Felicity, that canadian produced show Flashpoint or your not a mighty morphin power rangers fan, your reaction to bringing her up would match Ben's.

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 11:17 AM, taragel said:

Lol. I guess that shows you how memorable I found his part. Sorry, Colin.

The Power Rangers fans really adore her (Amy Jo)--she's a huge draw at local comic conventions every year. 

Damn, he was the villain. Kingpin was too but he spent most of his time in the background. Colin was bullseye. Colin,  by nature of the character, didn't really talk though. 

Yeah, Amy jo went through her I don't want to talk about or associate with power Rangers stuff. Thankfully she has relented in recent years and seems to be  loving it as much as the fans do.

Seconding the Falk love. Also, that boozy, c'est la vie theme song is the perfect soundtrack for every shrug ever shrugged.

But yeah: not an episode that's really fit for a highlight reel.