Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E09: Pay to Play

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

This episode came out of order.  It was supposed to play before the Thanksgiving show.  Because of that it seemed weird they were just introducing Clayton as a member of the team.   Tim is invisible..his 2 new male costars overshadow him and without the chemistry he had with Michael Weatherly he just fades into the background.  

The congresswoman was trying way too hard to be "one of the boys"

• Love 1

I really wanted the congresswoman to shut up..her "I'm so noble and perfect" just drove me nuts...and her hitting on Vance? Oh come Vance, you can do WAY better than her..

I loved the blonde chick at the hotel with her "accountant"...and that's about it...the rest of the episode just dragged...one or two scenes with Abby...McGee in the background....If it weren't for the pretty that IS Mark Harmon, I would have turned it off...Seems like this show has turned into the hour BEFORE This is Us......and it's a sad sign that the only thing I noted and loved was the name of the strip club adjacent to the Navy Bar...For some reason, "Below Deck" made me spit out my hot cocoa...

Next week's preview looked really cool...you can't go wrong with young Ducky!!!!

• Love 6

This was kind of a meh episode; I didn't hate it but I didn't love it. I actually didn't mind the congresswoman, though she was probably a bit too perfect. The whole thing was actually kind of sad when you think about it-- the girlfriend was responsible for the aide's death, though accidentally, and the mayor who sent the threats was just trying to save his town, which Flemming was too.

I also thought Clayton vs Torres at the vending machine was hilarious-- mostly because it humorously subverted the alpha males butting heads trope or whatever you would call it (and honestly, we all know who the true alpha male at NCIS is, so Clayton and Torres better form a line to the left, please). And I assume we're getting a set up for the February sweeps or even the finale with the mysterious Project Willoughby, though why Quinn knows about it I'm not really sure.

I was wondering if they were trying to set up something romantic between Vance and the congresswoman early in the episode and figured I was crazy. And then, lo and behold at the end, there it was! I don't mind Vance (what little we see of him these days) starting to move on and enter the dating pool again. It's been... two(??) years since Jackie died and it makes sense he might be thinking about meeting someone. It's clear they have a history and he respects her, so I'm cool.

Too much to hope for Fornell in the Christmas episode next week?

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, catray said:

And I assume we're getting a set up for the February sweeps or even the finale with the mysterious Project Willoughby, though why Quinn knows about it I'm not really sure.

She mentioned something to Gibbs at the elevator that NCIS had come to the Academy looking for recruits for Willoughby.

(P.S. Every time she says whatever the name of it is, I hear FLOTC.)

(P.P.S. I just looked it up. FLETC --- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center)

Also, I am over Bishop's weird food thing. It's only cute on Lorelai and Rory. :-)

That's one of the things that actually made me like her. It amused me. 

Until they started highlighting her in episodes way too much...  ;)

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 1

I like the alpha males sizing eachother up and then ending up in a bromance. I am enjoying all the new characters and the humor makes this show lighter than last season. 

The project that Reeves is working on is intriguing, as is the relationship between Vance and the congresswoman (now I want to see Some Kind of Wonderful again). They have good chemistry and am hoping to see Mary Stuart Masterson again. 

• Love 2

So how many new characters will the show have to introduce to fill the void left by Michael Weatherly's departure???  Sheesh, it's getting ridiculous, and as someone above said, it's ruining the character of McGee.  I suppose NCIS is guaranteed renewal, but honestly, I think it's time to close up shop.  

• Love 2

Too many 'alpha' males, not enough of the senior team members. We needed 3 new people to replace Tony? And those 3 are the only people we get to focus on. Keep Torres get rid of the other 2. Abby is non existent, as is Tim- please start using them properly. Leon does nothing for me, never has.  Truthfully. I liked the interaction at the beginning between the Congresswoman and Gibbs. This is the first woman in the entire series that could play equal to him that wasn't his underling(Kate and Ziva could have if the show had wanted them to).