Type keyword(s) to search

The gnaB giB -- How should BBT End?

13 hours ago, Roaster said:

I was looking at the TV Tropes website and thinking. 

Raj gets revenge for the years of abuse he's suffered at the hands of the rest of the cast and kills them all - 5%

Howard and Raj run away together to San Francisco and get married - 10%

Stuart ends up happy - 0%

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Tom Holmberg said:

Stuart ends up happy - 0%

He already is, and quite a bit of time was spent having the other characters comment on it. I doubt the writers intend to do a reversal. It's more likely he'll be getting married than Raj.

• Love 3

If we're using tropes ... if someone is pregnant (I hope not), they had better fix the elevator so that she can go into labor while she is stuck in that elevator with the last person she would want to be with at that time.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 3/11/2019 at 1:39 PM, Roaster said:

Actor from Young Sheldon makes cameo - 30%
Penny is offered part on CBS's new Star Trek series - 8%
Howard starts high-tech company - 10%
Bernadette is offered presidency of Caltech - 5%
Raj starts daycare business that teaches toddlers STEM concepts - 4%

I find these endings fascinating. If they do a time-jump at the end? The actor from young sheldon could be shamy's kid. Just like dad. Exactly like dad. So much like dad, that dad gets freaked out at it.

It would be even better if Penny TURNED DOWN the part because her new career is going so well she can't even fathom going back to acting.

I approve Howard starting a tech company. That could really happen. Then he'd have a legacy to leave his children, and if they do a time-jump they could show Halle & Michael running the company in the future.

Bernie President of Caltech while Howie and the kids run the tech company. I approve.

And Raj runs a daycare (you my friend, are brilliant. I approve so much) while ANU, his WIFE, has a 'real' job. I think those two crazy kids can make it. They're perfect for each other if they'd just slow down and realize it (and they have so...c'mon writers...)

I love your mind...

• Love 3
On 3/21/2019 at 1:17 PM, Tom Holmberg said:

Professor Proton wakes up in bed with Suzanne Pleshette - 6 1/2%

I just love this idea!  They could probably do something with Bob Newhart as PP using footage from shows or movies with Suzanne Pleshette.  I don't see Chuck Lorre wanting to do this, funny as it would be. 

• Love 5

... or Leonard wakes up, realizes everything, including meeting Penny, has been a dream, and kills himself.

OK, it would be a short episode. We could work in some flashbacks.

Professor Proton wakes up in bed with Suzanne Pleshette - 6 1/2%

Ok....this one just about made my day. It would be too funny and draw away from TBBT, but still clever and hilarious.

Lorre is willing to cross all kinds of lines at the end...think about the piano dropping on NotCharlie in 2 and 1/2 Men and then on Lorre so anything is truly possible.

I do think we'll get a wedding or some ceremony so that they can bring lots of people back at one time......but personally, I hope that they end with Leonard and Penny together sitting happily....with Sheldon in a galaxy far, far away.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AriAu said:

Lorre is willing to cross all kinds of lines at the end...think about the piano dropping on NotCharlie in 2 and 1/2 Men and then on Lorre so anything is truly possible.

I really hope Lorre doesn't pull a Two and a Half Men on BBT.  By the end of that show all the characters were horrible people and Rose was downright evil - it was too bad that piano didn't drop on her!   For all the flaws of BBT they're still mainly likable people that I care about.  I want things to end well - not necessarily Nobel prizes and babies well but well enough that it won't taint watching the series for me here on in!

Edited by Homily
  • Love 5

I’m guessing that Lorre probably still likes all the BBT cast members. Charlie kind of burned his bridge to get a piano dropped on him. 

Oh wait, that was someone else, wasn’t it? I admit that I don’t know how that show ended, I didn’t watch it. 

Edited by kariyaki
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Oh wait, that was someone else, wasn’t it? I admit that I don’t know how that show ended, I didn’t watch it. 

It was meant to be the character of Charlie but I'm pretty sure Lorre wished it was Charlie Sheen under that piano 🙂.

Edited by Homily
  • Useful 1
On 3/26/2019 at 1:45 PM, Gummo said:

... or Leonard wakes up, realizes everything, including meeting Penny, has been a dream, and kills himself.

OK, it would be a short episode. We could work in some flashbacks.

Or “Leonard” wakes up and it’s David from The Connors. “Leslie Winkle” is there as Darlene and “Mary” is there as Jackie.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

Stuart finds the thumb drive with the Bitcoin on it.

Or Leonard and Leslie, long-married couple, are reminiscing about their shared careers in physics and music.  Leonard says, "Did I ever tell you about when I was looking for an apartment and one possible roommate was a total nutcase? I'm sure glad I didn't go live there!"

• Love 6
On 3/12/2019 at 8:02 AM, Tom Holmberg said:

Sheldon wakes up and he's still a kid in Texas, and he just dreamed everything - 1%

Even if most of loyal TBBT fans would hate this, it would probably boost ratings for YS, and it would give a fresh slate for any future YS episodes, which would prevent future TBBT/YS fans from yelling about canon violations as Iain Armitage and other cast members mature. 
And if it did kick the Lost finale out of first place for most fan-hated finale ever, that would be kind of a coup.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 3/27/2019 at 6:26 PM, Driad said:

Didn't Stuart already find it?  I think he said he was going to clear it and then sell the thumb drive for a few bucks.  With Stuart's luck they'd end the show with Captain Sweatpants having bought the thumb drive but the Bitcoin was still on it and he makes a fortune and runs off with Stuart's girlfriend.

Edited by Homily
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 3/30/2019 at 5:15 PM, Homily said:
On 3/27/2019 at 6:26 PM, Driad said:

Didn't Stuart already find it?  I think he said he was going to clear it and then sell the thumb drive for a few bucks.

Thank you, I forgot that.  OK, suppose he never got around to clearing it, finds it again, checks it, and finds the Bitcoin, which I hope would be worth enough to make a difference to him.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Driad said:

OK, suppose he never got around to clearing it, finds it again, checks it, and finds the Bitcoin, which I hope would be worth enough to make a difference to him.

IIRC, Bitcoin value tanked last year.

11 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

IIRC, Bitcoin value tanked last year.

A better cup of coffee than Stuart can usually afford might make a difference to him.  Or he might buy some art supplies ...

• Love 2

I want to see a Time skip Where we meet Sheldon and Amy's son, played by Iain Armitage. And just for giggles, I want the kid to be a total jock. Almost the reincarnation of Sheldon's older brother just smarter. I think Iain could play it beautifully.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 3/15/2019 at 9:12 PM, hnygrl said:

I find these endings fascinating. If they do a time-jump at the end? The actor from young sheldon could be shamy's kid. Just like dad. Exactly like dad. So much like dad, that dad gets freaked out at it.

It would be even better if Penny TURNED DOWN the part because her new career is going so well she can't even fathom going back to acting.

I approve Howard starting a tech company. That could really happen. Then he'd have a legacy to leave his children, and if they do a time-jump they could show Halle & Michael running the company in the future.

Bernie President of Caltech while Howie and the kids run the tech company. I approve.

And Raj runs a daycare (you my friend, are brilliant. I approve so much) while ANU, his WIFE, has a 'real' job. I think those two crazy kids can make it. They're perfect for each other if they'd just slow down and realize it (and they have so...c'mon writers...)

I love your mind...

I want to see some sort of time jump too.

• Love 2
On 3/11/2019 at 7:39 PM, Roaster said:

I was looking at the TV Tropes website and thinking.  BBT is a very conventional show, so these are my estimates of probabilities of what will happen before it wraps.

Penny is pregnant - 95%
Amy is pregnant - 90%
Sheldon and/or Amy awarded Nobel Prize - 80%
Raj gets married - 60%
Stuart gets married - 20%
Stuart is engaged - 50%
Everyone gets fired from Caltech - 2%
Penny and Bernadette get fired from drug company - 20%
Leonard wakes up and realizes previous 12 seasons were all a dream - 3%
Characters break the fourth wall to address home audience - 4%
Gang pools money to buy Cheesecake Factory franchise - 10%
Actor from Young Sheldon makes cameo - 30%