Type keyword(s) to search

The gnaB giB -- How should BBT End?

I am aware that this is a crazy proposal.

But such a great series should have a worthy conclusion. The Hollywood Bowl would not be so far away. There are more Place for Fans  to visit the last taping.I do not know how the end of the series is planned but maybe it would not be bad for the end of the series a new set.
A new Appartment (Sheldon&Amy) where everyone meets again for the housewarming party.
Similar to the set of the boys in the band where Jim Parson played along.
As you can see I've planned everything well.

Dreamy greetings from Austria

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, roamyn said:

I think Simon Helberg does, too.  

Seriously. It's not like Howard has been a one-note version of Helberg.

Edited by shapeshifter
Use nouns rather than pronouns, especially on message boards and blogs
  • Love 3
On 23.08.2018 at 6:44 PM, kariyaki said:

How about we find out that Raj's ex, Emily, is a serial killer? Because, wow, she's been really creeping me out in the reruns. I had noticed her fixation with death when the episodes were first run, but it seems a lot worse than I had originally thought.

Yeah.. and word on the street says she's going to kill all her exes and Raj's in hiding :)

• Love 3

I want to meet Leonard's siblings. And I want their personal lives to be absolutely terrible. After all these years of Beverly touting their professional accomplishments over Leonard, I'd like for him to finally believe he is just as successful as they are, but in a much better way - a close group of friends and a wife that loves him. 

I'd also like to see Meemaw again but I'm not sure about June Squibb. I think I'd take Annie Potts in old age makeup. 

Oh and also? Raj & the dark haired vet who saved Cinnamon for the win, yo. 

• Love 22

I also wouldn’t mind if we found out Beverly has been touting Leonard’s accomplishments to his siblings all these years and that all of them think “Needy Baby, Greedy Baby” is about them and not Leonard.  As much as it shouldn't matter, I think Leonard’s self esteem would rise if he found out Mom has been saying all sorts of wonderful things about him to others.

• Love 24
10 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

I want to meet Leonard's siblings. And I want their personal lives to be absolutely terrible. After all these years of Beverly touting their professional accomplishments over Leonard, I'd like for him to finally believe he is just as successful as they are, but in a much better way - a close group of friends and a wife that loves him. 

That's a nice thought.  Leonard has always been the first to show off that he landed a hottie like Penny though - trophy wife.

As for his siblings, I find it very hard to believe that they were raised by the same mother as Leonard, and didn't have some sort of emotional problems.

• Love 1
On 9/14/2018 at 10:39 AM, Crs97 said:

I also wouldn’t mind if we found out Beverly has been touting Leonard’s accomplishments to his siblings all these years and that all of them think “Needy Baby, Greedy Baby” is about them and not Leonard.  As much as it shouldn't matter, I think Leonard’s self esteem would rise if he found out Mom has been saying all sorts of wonderful things about him to others.

I love this idea. To build on it, each sibling thinks they are the dissapointment based on the way she talks about the others. 

On 9/14/2018 at 5:56 PM, rmontro said:

As for his siblings, I find it very hard to believe that they were raised by the same mother as Leonard, and didn't have some sort of emotional problems.

I would love a scene of all the siblings in a room without thier mother and Leonard discovering they all have probem, just different problems. Maybe someone in the field wants to interview them for something about family or sibling dynamics. 

• Love 2
On 9/14/2018 at 7:50 AM, Badsamaritan said:

I'd also like to see Meemaw again but I'm not sure about June Squibb. I think I'd take Annie Potts in old age makeup. 

Oh and also? Raj & the dark haired vet who saved Cinnamon for the win, yo. 

I agree with all of that, except...

When it first aired, I thought Yvette the VEt would be a good match for Raj, but when I watched that episode later in reruns, I was struck by how badly that actress performed.  I have been wondering if that was the real reason we never saw Yvette again, even though fans were clamoring for it. Maybe they felt the actress wasn't talented enough for an extended role?

ETA:  I just looked up that actress on IMDB, and she has a lot of credits.  I was very surprised.  She seemed so stiff and awkward in that episode.  I expected to find that it was one of her first roles.  But nope, she was in a lot of things over the years.  She even did four Malcolm in the Middle episodes back in the day.  Was that show single camera?   Maybe it was the multi-cam sitcom aspect that was new for her.  Oh well... if they do bring her back for Raj, at least she has more acting experience than I originally expected.

The one I least want to see is the weird, psycho dermatologist.  I would rather see somebody totally new before they bring creepy-Emily back.

Edited by AnnaRose
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, AnnaRose said:

The one I least want to see is the weird, psycho dermatologist.  I would rather see somebody totally new before they bring creepy-Emily back.

Agreed.  She was bad enough first time around but I've recently been watching the episodes she was in in re-runs and oh my god scary!  I don't know why the writers ever thought writing her the way they did was funny!  It's not.  I do admit it would be funny in a dark way if they did reference her again as being brought up on charges for actually having murdered that room-mate she once told Raj she had killed.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CherryAmes said:

She was bad enough first time around but I've recently been watching the episodes she was in in re-runs and oh my god scary!  I don't know why the writers ever thought writing her the way they did was funny!  It's not. 

I liked the character, but the execution was all over the place. I blame the directors. Something like the right smile can go a long way in getting across the intent of a line, like the one Raj didn't see.

I called it. Raj now (next episode) wants to be arrange married.

I always thought that's how the season would end. Raj getting arrange married and moving back to India with his new (pregnant) wife.

Watch...that's how it's gonna go down...

• Love 1
On 9/26/2018 at 1:25 PM, hnygrl said:

I called it. Raj now (next episode) wants to be arrange married.

I always thought that's how the season would end. Raj getting arrange married and moving back to India with his new (pregnant) wife.

Watch...that's how it's gonna go down...

Nah, that's the road it will start down, but there will be a twist.  Raj going through with an arranged marriage is just too simple.  And I don't see him moving back to India - he's said some rather negative things about "home" before.  He likes CA.  If anything, he'll agree to an arranged marriage, then fall for the bride-to-be's sister, or (non-Indian) best friend/wedding planner/caterer, or whatever. 

I've said it in other threads, but I'll put it out here.  I hope Raj remains single through the end.  I'd rather have him have a "being single isn't the worst thing in the world" epiphany than have some rushed Raj found the love of his life story line crammed into this season just because it's the last one.  

Also, if we go down the arranged marriage road for more than one episode, that means a lot of time devoted to Raj's parents and extraneous characters.  I'm already hoping we've seen the last of Amy's parents - just concentrate on the main characters for this last season.

• Love 6
On 9/24/2018 at 11:46 PM, Reality police said:

Consider this for Leonard's sibs.

Jason-Segel-General.jpg

tina-fey-pregnant.jpg

It will be amazing XD I can't imagine these two being the robotic jerks (that I think?) they're supposed to be, but it would be hilarious if they turned up XD

Anyway, I actually liked the series, but am also not sad it's ending. They dragged it out enough, and it wasn't always too great in its writing and story-telling. But whatever. I got a lot of cheap, not-too-intellectual laughs along the way, and it was quite fun at points!

Edited by displayname
  • Love 2
On 9/27/2018 at 4:54 PM, chaifan said:

I hope Raj remains single through the end.  I'd rather have him have a "being single isn't the worst thing in the world" epiphany than have some rushed Raj found the love of his life story line crammed into this season just because it's the last one. 

I'm with you. I think that would be a fitting end for Raj. Plus in real life, not everyone neatly pairs up. It's not Noah's ark. And let's face it, Raj is repugnant to women. Always has been, and presumably always will be. In the early seasons Howard was a gross creep too, but he matured and became a devoted husband and father. Raj is still gross at his core when it comes to interacting with women. Why would a woman want to sign up for that?

Keep him single. Just let him have a realization that a life of non-romantic love can also be a good one, with a strong social network of friends (and their children to dote on) and intellectually challenging career. It's not the worst thing by far. And far more true to life in 2018 instead of the "married with 2.5 kids" 20th century default.

• Love 6

I'd like to see Sheldon win that much coveted Nobel Prize.  When you think about it, what has he done to advance his field?  I don't mean to insult anybody in this field, as I'm sure there's a hell of lot that I don't understand and how someone in his position contributes, but he's had so many ups and downs within his field that I'd like to see him get a win!  They did have him, Leonard and Howard working on their project with the military, so I know he's got that to list as a major accomplishment.   There was that paper he wrote with Leonard that seemed like some kind of breakthrough.  Now he's got Super Asymmetry, so maybe that will lead into something big for him.   I wish they would've shown us more of Raj's contributions within his field too.  He's had a few moments, but they never really put a lot of focus on it.  I think it would be more fun watching him be the party planner he wants to be. 

I had always hoped that Penny and Wil Wheaton would work on a show together.  Even if it didn't result in her being a superstar, I think that she would be happy in the acting world, but as others have mentioned, the way they've written her character on the show is more realistic.  Very few actors realize that big dream of making it big in Hollywood.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I had always hoped that Penny and Wil Wheaton would work on a show together.

Penny and Wil worked together on Serial Apeist 2: Monkey See, Monkey Kill. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kariyaki said:

Penny and Wil worked together on Serial Apeist 2: Monkey See, Monkey Kill. 

I should've worded that differently.  I was hoping that they would work together again after that movie.  She could've been his assistant on Professor Proton, or with Wil's connections done something else together.  ;)

• Love 3
On 9/26/2018 at 10:02 AM, LoneHaranguer said:
On 9/26/2018 at 8:38 AM, Katy M said:

It would be kind of neat to have  fast forward to the future and everyone else's kids are smarter than Sheldon's, though.  Maybe.  Sheldon's son becomes an engineer.

On a train or like Howard?

Heh. Tough call.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, CleoCaesar said:

I'm with you. I think that would be a fitting end for Raj. Plus in real life, not everyone neatly pairs up. It's not Noah's ark. And let's face it, Raj is repugnant to women. Always has been, and presumably always will be. In the early seasons Howard was a gross creep too, but he matured and became a devoted husband and father. Raj is still gross at his core when it comes to interacting with women. Why would a woman want to sign up for that?

Keep him single. Just let him have a realization that a life of non-romantic love can also be a good one, with a strong social network of friends (and their children to dote on) and intellectually challenging career. It's not the worst thing by far. And far more true to life in 2018 instead of the "married with 2.5 kids" 20th century default.

While I thank you for agreeing with me, I'm afraid I have to disagree with your take on Raj.  I don't think he falls in the "repugnant" category for women.  It's just that he has wholly unrealistic expectations and ends up mucking every relationship up.  He's rather clueless, but that's at least partially attributed to his being unable to speak to women (while sober) for much of his adult life.  He's had a lot of sweet moments - falling for the cleaning lady (which he then mucked up), having the silent/text picnic with Lucy.   He can be outwardly charming, but again, he just mucks everything up.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, chaifan said:

While I thank you for agreeing with me, I'm afraid I have to disagree with your take on Raj.  I don't think he falls in the "repugnant" category for women.  It's just that he has wholly unrealistic expectations and ends up mucking every relationship up.  He's rather clueless, but that's at least partially attributed to his being unable to speak to women (while sober) for much of his adult life.  He's had a lot of sweet moments - falling for the cleaning lady (which he then mucked up), having the silent/text picnic with Lucy.   He can be outwardly charming, but again, he just mucks everything up.

I agree with you about Raj to some degree.  Speaking of Lucy, I always hoped they'd meet again and get back together, only the twist would be that in the interim she had gotten therapy for her social anxiety and wouldn't try to escape out of every bathroom window when with him.  She was actually more messed up than Raj in some ways and if she came back a little less messed up they could actually work together.  I vote for them meeting each other after Raj is 3/4 of the way down the road of an arranged marriage to someone totally unsuited for him.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree with you about Raj to some degree.  Speaking of Lucy, I always hoped they'd meet again and get back together, only the twist would be that in the interim she had gotten therapy for her social anxiety and wouldn't try to escape out of every bathroom window when with him.  She was actually more messed up than Raj in some ways and if she came back a little less messed up they could actually work together.

Ooo. Based on my crazy sister's successful 40-year marriage to a very sane man, I don't think even little-bit-crazy + little-bit-crazy is a great recipe IRL.
But, yeah, it could be a heartwarming fictional ending.
Still, I think the cleaning lady would have been a temperamentally better match for Raj if not for the huge disparities of status that would require another 12 seasons for them to work through.

• Love 1

Now that Kaley Cuoco is voicing Harley Quinn in the new animated series, would it be too meta if Penny ended up landing that job in the BBT universe? Ion care, I think that would be kinda awesome, the pretty girl who moved in across the hall from 2 nerds ends up voicing an iconic character from their beloved comic books. I like it.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

Now that Kaley Cuoco is voicing Harley Quinn in the new animated series, would it be too meta if Penny ended up landing that job in the BBT universe? Ion care, I think that would be kinda awesome, the pretty girl who moved in across the hall from 2 nerds ends up voicing an iconic character from their beloved comic books. I like it.

I was always disappointed that the show didn't ever work in her commercials with William Shatner. The boys would have died.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

I think that would be kinda awesome, the pretty girl who moved in across the hall from 2 nerds ends up voicing an iconic character from their beloved comic books.

Harley wasn't invented until the 90's, so she's not even in their older books, and she's at best a tertiary character in their favorite modern stuff, so I doubt they care much about her, but it could be an intro to a story where they'd like to meet somebody Penny's working with.

I just think that Raj needs a needy woman. He's got sooooo much to give and ends up going over the top for those he loves to the point of irritation and eventually creepiness (he knew the sex or Howard & Bernie's baby before THEY DID!!!  Cinnamon. Oh how he spoils that dog. When he lived with Leonard & Penny). 

I think if he found a sweet little woman upon whom he can heap all his loving attention? He'd be complete, happy, and would calm down immediately. He's got a lot to give and nobody but a Yorkie to give it to. He'd do so well with a needy woman. That's why I'm thinking this arranged marriage thing may work for him if his family members can find him a needy woman...I imagine the first or second matches won't work but the third or fourth will...we'll see...I always imagined the show ending with Raj moving away with his wealthy, needy, arranged marriage wife.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, hnygrl said:

I just think that Raj needs a needy woman.

Wasn't that Lucy? Maybe it'd work out if the woman had enough training in psychology to understand him and forgive his neuroses, but not with a job title like "psychiatrist" that would have him on edge about it. Maybe a criminal profiler, so that writers can drop hints to viewers about Emily.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, kariyaki said:

I predict a Hofstadter baby on the way by the series finale, with plans to name it after Penny's maiden name so that we can finally find out what that is!

Okay, I like the naming part, but can it be left on their doorstep in basket or printer box?

I'm pretty sure the show ends with a wedding and a baby announcement. As long as there's no Nobel Prize involved I'm good.

As for Penny's name - yep, that's the sort of reveal that belongs to a final episode (s. Sex and the City) and it would amuse me a great deal if it were Patterson.

• Love 2

Stuart will get married to the other weirdo (yes, I know her name is Denise) and then Raj and Anu will jump in at the alter and  do it at the same time....which will pair up well with the matching baby announcements for Shamy and Lenny. Hilarity will ensue.....NOT

As for Penny's name - yep, that's the sort of reveal that belongs to a final episode (s. Sex and the City) and it would amuse me a great deal if it were Patterson.

I'll go with Nichols or Lane (and if not Lane, then Goodman as an homage to Almost Famous)

And Big's name was John James Preston....I think

• Love 3
On 10/4/2018 at 11:53 AM, Reality police said:

I was always disappointed that the show didn't ever work in her commercials with William Shatner. The boys would have died.

24 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Me too.

Spoiler

William Shatner’s on this week.

• LOL 1
On 2/10/2019 at 2:47 PM, MissLucas said:

I'm pretty sure the show ends with a wedding and a baby announcement. As long as there's no Nobel Prize involved I'm good.

If by baby announcement you mean Leonard and Penny, a thousand times NO!

I like that Penny doesn't want kids, not everyone does. A couple can still be fulfilled without kids. 

• Love 1

Penny not wanting kids is something she should've disclosed to Leonard BEFORE he married her, not after! Her doing so after the fact, suddenly, out of the clear blue sky, with zero warning, she's against having kids? SINCE WHEN? These two have been on and off for damn near a decade and the subject never came up? I don't buy it. It's unfair to HIM. (Our babies will be smart AND beautiful. The first thing he said upon meeting her). He's always wanted kids and never made a secret of it to her or anyone. She's had 8 or 9 years to tell him no kids, but waits till NOW? No. I don't buy it. She wants kids. She just wants to keep being the Hot Blonde Who Settled for the Nerd. Having a kid makes it real.

She'll get pregnant. Just like Bernie (who TOLD her man BEFORE they got serious that she hated kids!) did.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, hnygrl said:

These two have been on and off for damn near a decade and the subject never came up? I don't buy it.

It's a pretty recent development.  I recently saw the episode where Raj has the Murder Mystery which involves flashing forward to what he says will happen to them in the future.  It's said that Penny and Leonard have children and the only thing Penny objects to is the number of children - no mention at all that she isn't going to be having any.  There are a few other references over the years, one specifically where Penny says she plans to have a child "one day".  So it certainly wasn't a "no never going to happen" until the powers that be decided to throw a Big Problem at Penny and Leonard.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, hnygrl said:

She wants kids. She just wants to keep being the Hot Blonde Who Settled for the Nerd. Having a kid makes it real.

I'm not sure that's entirely true. When they decided to have a second wedding for their friends and family to attend, Penny said something like "who knew my second wedding would be to you?". Leonard is her insurance policy. As long as there's hope she can dump him for somebody "better", she doesn't want a kid with him to interfere with that. She might ultimately get stuck as the "hot blonde who settled for the nerd", but it's not what she wants.

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:26 PM, ChitChat said:

I'd like to see Sheldon win that much coveted Nobel Prize.

Have we ever seen Sheldon fly in an airplane? You can't take a train to Oslo from Calif.  If he (they) wins, Amy would have to give the speech, which might be nice.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

Have we ever seen Sheldon fly in an airplane? You can't take a train to Oslo from Calif.  If he (they) wins, Amy would have to give the speech, which might be nice.

Didn’t he fly to the East Coast to see Amy? Not sure is they mentioned how they got to NYC for their honeymoon.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

Sheldon also went to Germany once to be a junior professor when he was in his teens, not to mention he was ALL set to go see the super collider. He prefers trains but he hasn’t ever said he was opposed to air travel. 

• Love 3

We've seen Sheldon in a plane when he flew to Texas with Howard.  It's also been referenced a few times that he's in Texas or has recently been to Texas.  We've also had at least one reference to him having been to Toronto (I caught that because I'm Canadian 🙂 ).  So no reason for Sheldon not to take that plane to pick up his award.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CherryAmes said:

We've seen Sheldon in a plane when he flew to Texas with Howard.  It's also been referenced a few times that he's in Texas or has recently been to Texas.  We've also had at least one reference to him having been to Toronto (I caught that because I'm Canadian 🙂 ).  So no reason for Sheldon not to take that plane to pick up his award.

Plus Amy has special juice to help make flying with Sheldon easier. 

11 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

Hasn't he flown to Texas with Howard? I assume he has flown back there several times. He also flew to NJ ? to propose to Amy. 

I was looking at the TV Tropes website and thinking.  BBT is a very conventional show, so these are my estimates of probabilities of what will happen before it wraps.

Penny is pregnant - 95%
Amy is pregnant - 90%
Sheldon and/or Amy awarded Nobel Prize - 80%
Raj gets married - 60%
Stuart gets married - 20%
Stuart is engaged - 50%
Everyone gets fired from Caltech - 2%
Penny and Bernadette get fired from drug company - 20%
Leonard wakes up and realizes previous 12 seasons were all a dream - 3%
Characters break the fourth wall to address home audience - 4%
Gang pools money to buy Cheesecake Factory franchise - 10%
Actor from Young Sheldon makes cameo - 30%
Penny is offered part on CBS's new Star Trek series - 8%
Howard starts high-tech company - 10%
Bernadette is offered presidency of Caltech - 5%
Raj starts daycare business that teaches toddlers STEM concepts - 4%

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:21 AM, Reality police said:

Hasn't he flown to Texas with Howard?

From that episode, which actually was rerun yesterday in my area, maybe he wouldn't fly to Oslo. He'd at least have to get a pair of "airplane pants." And they still haven't put seatbelts on the toilets.

Edited by Tom Holmberg
  • Love 1