Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Deals With The Devils

• Start Topic

On 11/30/2016 at 2:25 PM, blackwing said:

Are the Ghost Rider special effects still consuming the budget to the point where Daisy still can't use her seismic powers?  You'd think that it'd be ok to use them maybe just once when fighting those goons.

She didn't need her quake powers, so why risk pain and injury when it's not needed.

18 hours ago, snarktini said:

I keep letting these pile up, but not pulling the plug on my season pass. I liked this one pretty well, though, held my attention better than any have in a while.

The whole "turn left! turn left!" while the blinker ticked loudly felt like a callback to Doctor Who. 

I didn't think the hug seemed necessarily platonic. Overall I don't think they're doing a great job selling Fitz-Simmons as a couple, but this seemed normal to me.

Love Mack! 

All hugs on TV are platonic. 

41 minutes ago, TVSpectator said:

All hugs on TV are platonic. 

In this case it was in front of the boss in a quasi law enforcement agency  and most agencies don't let life partners be working partners unless the boss pretends not to notice 

1 hour ago, Raja said:

In this case it was in front of the boss in a quasi law enforcement agency  and most agencies don't let life partners be working partners unless the boss pretends not to notice 

I think it's pointless to say that these two are in a relationship. Both were in life threating situations ( Fitz more than Simmons and Fitz was the one who thought that Simmons was in danger) but they acted like were friends. IMO, the writing has really just leaned towards of just telling and not showing us why these two should be together. A kiss would be more in the direction that they actually physically like each other (you know like showing the more human emotion of love and passion towards each other?) and I think since they said that they are living together I would assume that everyone at the "office" knows they are supposed to be a couple, including the director.

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 2
On 12/8/2016 at 8:22 PM, TVSpectator said:

I think it's pointless to say that these two are in a relationship. Both were in life threating situations ( Fitz more than Simmons and Fitz was the one who thought that Simmons was in danger) but they acted like were friends. IMO, the writing has really just leaned towards of just telling and not showing us why these two should be together. A kiss would be more in the direction that they actually physically like each other (you know like showing the more human emotion of love and passion towards each other?) and I think since they said that they are living together I would assume that everyone at the "office" knows they are supposed to be a couple, including the director.

Yeah, agreed. Plus, Iain and Elizabeth play off of each other like best friends and not lovers. They don't do anything to really indicate that they're a couple. Iain tries occasionally to show that Fitz is into Simmons, but ultimately it's something that doesn't really work since the acting doesn't match up to two lovers. I personally never bought it, and I know Iain and Elizabeth were against their characters being a couple in season 1, so I'm not sure if that opinion has changed. 

Honestly, though, even if Fitz and Simmons were trying to hide their relationship with the director, Simmons probably had just found out about Fitz almost dying for real, and Fitz thought that Simmons was in danger. The last thing they would be thinking about when they first saw each other again would be what the director would think. There wasn't even any hesitation on the hug. It just happened naturally. Two best friends worried about each other's safety is what I saw. 

• Love 2
On 12/10/2016 at 6:36 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, agreed. Plus, Iain and Elizabeth play off of each other like best friends and not lovers. They don't do anything to really indicate that they're a couple. Iain tries occasionally to show that Fitz is into Simmons, but ultimately it's something that doesn't really work since the acting doesn't match up to two lovers. I personally never bought it, and I know Iain and Elizabeth were against their characters being a couple in season 1, so I'm not sure if that opinion has changed. 

Honestly, though, even if Fitz and Simmons were trying to hide their relationship with the director, Simmons probably had just found out about Fitz almost dying for real, and Fitz thought that Simmons was in danger. The last thing they would be thinking about when they first saw each other again would be what the director would think. There wasn't even any hesitation on the hug. It just happened naturally. Two best friends worried about each other's safety is what I saw. 

Well, possible spoilers for Slingshot reveals

Spoiler

that Fitz and Simmons never bothered to hide their relationship on base. Apparently, they moved into one dorm, with each other, so clearly this wasn't hidden at all and clearly, I would assume that Mace knows and just doesn't care (like everyone else). 

On 30/11/2016 at 5:45 PM, DayOwl said:

Well, to be fair, it would be really unprofessional of them to start making out in the middle of the hallway at SHIELD HQ with their boss and a bunch of other agents watching.

Because if there is one thing SHIELD agents are known for, it is professionalism.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 12/3/2016 at 7:59 AM, paigow said:

Whenever Coulson thinks about May "that way", he will also remember Ward got there first.....

Only if he's really, really, really obsessed with Ward. Or unless Ward is standing there, which is unlikely. I would hope that whenever Coulson thinks about May, he's going to just think about May, and vice versa. I've always liked them as a ship and was kind of disappointed that they weren't Daisy's real parents.

• Love 1