Type keyword(s) to search

You Know You're Obsessed With Criminal Minds When...

mstaken
  • Start Topic

When you're watching House Hunters Renovation (I think its new) and they think they see blood spatter on the floor when they lift the carpet and you're thinking how interesting it would be for an episode of CM to have renovators find blood under the rug and the BAU gets called in.

• Love 3

When you could swear you recognize a guy on an old episode of Cold Case, so you look it up on IMDB, and realize that it''s Jacob Dawes from Riding The Lightning. Then you discover that in the same episode, the UnSub from Sense Memory played a good guy. You then spend the rest of the ep trying not to get skeeved out.

• Love 2

When you start to watch a perfectly harmless little movie on Hallmark, and recognize the actor who played the UnSub in The Slave of Duty. The only thing that lets you keep watching is knowing that Emily won't have to come charging through the door with a gun in her hand to deal with the guy.

I watch too much television.

• Love 4

...someone asks you how many times you've watched the first four seasons of this show, and you realize it's literally too many times to count...and that even if you COULD count that high, you probably wouldn't want to admit it out loud :) 

......it still takes you three times as long as it should to watch most S1-S4 episodes because you "have to" constantly pause and rewind :) 

• Love 4

I love to pause and take screenshots of their faces in really awkward moments.

I did that for Lauren and there's this one screencap where Prentiss looks like she's making her O-face.

Topic, right ...

When you are so thrilled to hear that your therapist watches CM as well that you end up sending an email to tell her when the show airs on the local channel. Decide against lending her your DVDs, not because you're afraid she'd think you're even crazier than she expected, but because you can't bear to part with your DVDs.

True story.

• Love 5

I did that for Lauren and there's this one screencap where Prentiss looks like she's making her O-face.

Topic, right ...

God. There's a lovely thought to wake up to.

Ahem.

You know you're obsessed when you think about going through Lauren shot for shot for the specific purpose of finding that screencap.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 5

When you watch any scene with a reflective surface in slow motion/freeze frame to see if you can spot the reflections of any of the crew or equipment and when you notice inconsistencies like the scenes in "Nameless, Faceless" where Reid's hair tie keeps switching from one wrist to another and the vase gets turned so the decoration is not facing the same way in each scene. Also funny noticing how they made it look like he was going to stand up and then cut away or interrupted to hide that MGG already had a busted leg.

• Love 3

when you'll endure Gideon's damn fool self screaming his head off in The Fox just for the reward of seeing Reid break through Eric Miller's defenses. "What I'm wondering is, Eric.....did you continue the cycle of abuse with your own children?"

Yikes I hate that scene with Mandy screaming. It was just on a little while ago and my husband was nearby and wondered what Mandy was screaming about. I guess it was effective initially, but on numerous re-watches I have to wonder what the neighbors would think/do if someone were screaming in a house nextdoor.

• Love 2

Aw, I just saw Lola Glaudini on a Ruth's Kriss Steakhouse commercial…. that hurted my feelers...

I miss Elle...

when you look for this commercial on youtube, and are disappointed when you can't find it.

when you're watching the Fear Fest on AMC and see Joe Mantegna in Thinner, and your first thought is "Rossi!"

• Love 2

When you post on Facebook that you are loving your writing class and the following exchange ensues:

Cousin: You should write a story about serial killers.

Me: OMG how did you know I was going to do that?

Cousin: I think the WHOLE world knows that. 

The ALL CAPS were all hers. 

• Love 2

When your heart is filled with untrammeled delight upon discovering that the local channel has moved CM from Tuesdays to Mondays. This happiness allows you to forget the incandescent rage that engulfed you the week before, when you thought those bastards had replaced CM with The fucking Ghost Whisperer. 

Edited by idiotwaltz
  • Love 4

Baha, I love you CoStar. :)

Love you too, baby girl. *ducks* ;-)

You know you're obsessed when you go see John Wick, where Adrianne Palicki (Sid from The Thirteenth Step) plays an assassin/hitwoman, and actually feel a small pang when

she gets gunned down at the end

. No, I can't explain it.

• Love 2

...you are searching for pictures of different faucet styles for bidets and one of the pics links to an article about bidets in the US and it happens to be written by MGG's brother-in-law and you feel the need to share with CM fans. http://charlesandhudson.com/will_a_bidet_replace_your_toilet/  

LOL.

He didn't mention in the article that the US is the largest producer of bidets but not many people in the US even seem to know what they are. 

• Love 5

When you're exasperated by all of humanity and you find yourself thinking, I wonder what the BAU will say about me based on the eventual murders I end up committing .... 

(I hope I didn't just end up on a watch list somewhere)

Edited by idiotwaltz
  • Love 1

Some years ago I worked as a part time teacher, and I had the opportunity to work with five adolescents which I always thought they would end in prison. While still working as a teacher one of them killed another of that group of kids, and two ended up in prison. The last one was transferred, and I never heard anything about him again. Teachers normally have a great eye to spot future unsubs, but you can't really do anything at all, except trying to protect the other students.

• Love 1

Some years ago I worked as a part time teacher, and I had the opportunity to work with five adolescents which I always thought they would end in prison. While still working as a teacher one of them killed another of that group of kids, and two ended up in prison. The last one was transferred, and I never heard anything about him again. Teachers normally have a great eye to spot future unsubs, but you can't really do anything at all, except trying to protect the other students.

That's so scary and sad, when you see situations like that and cannot do anything to change them. During nursing school, part of my pediatric clinical was spent at a school for special students. One was a beautiful little 7-year-old girl with scars all over her head, because her mother's boyfriend literally beat her brains out. Another student was 5-years-old and wanted to play "Cops" with me. He twisted my arm up behind my back so far that I got tears in my eyes. A couple of months later, he set fire to his house and killed his baby sister.

When you know what BTK & LDSK mean.  

When you know someone is drunk or hungover, and you motion to your spouse like you have a drink in your hand and put it to your mouth and make the grimace like Rossi does at the slot machines in Vegas when Prentiss is hung over.   I have this episode saved on my DVR long term, just to see this scene again, as well as the 100th episode with The Reaper.

Which reminds me.  When you hear someone on another show say they are on the case, and you immediately think of Jack hiding in the chest.

I could probably go on all day with this.  :)

• Love 3

When you're walking up to Golden Corral and notice a poster with Gary Sinese talking about how much he loves Golden Corral and your first thought is "he's going to be on the CM spinoff!" Wish I'd gotten a picture, but I forgot.

Ew, Golden Corral, really?

When you're looking at a Samsung commercial and you realize that very attractive young man saying clearly, "You've gotta see this" played the autistic boy Sammy in Coda, and he's really cute.

LOL. I love Golden Corral. So many options. Not all are good, but there are a few regular items that I enjoy. I don't think I've seen that Samsung episode. Heh. On a side note, ever see another show that you like and wish there could be a crossover with CM? I'd love to see a crossover between Mysteries of Laura and CM and see how the team reacts to Laura. (That program is hilarious).

• Love 2