Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Medusa

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

On 11/29/2016 at 1:55 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

They totally glossed over how Eliza was told about J'onn, hence her being able to kill the White Martian blood cells. Did he tell her after they were all safe? Did Kara? We didn't even get to see how Alex reacted to the news he was turning into a White Martian.

Yes, and as many people have mentioned, what is the good of an alien-killing virus that can't kill the main aliens whom Lillian hates, Supergirl and Superman? When Cadmus took over tv/the internet to announce that all aliens were about to die, I was thinking "except Supergirl!"

I don't believe that Alex would want to announce her big secret to everyone at the same time instead of talking privately to her mother. Then she could talk to J'onn, Winn, and James.  Why would she even announce it to Mon El?  She's not that close to him.  Is she going to make a mega-announcement at the DEO?

Finally, woudn't the moment when Mon El thought he was dying have been a good time to admit he was the Daxamite prince?  I suppose the reveal has to wait until the aliens who are looking for him appear?

Is the mid-season cliff-hanger supposed to be Will Mon El Be Killed by the Aliens? Or can Supergirl and the DEO save him?

It reminds me of one of the seasons of ER when the cliff-hanger was Chen and Pratt's car going off the bridge  into the river.  Will they survive? asked the show. Who cares, replied the audience.

ETA: it does show that the right role for the right person makes a difference because I would feel very differently if Melinda May didn't survive the season's cliff hanger.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Is the mid-season cliff-hanger supposed to be Will Mon El Be Killed by the Aliens? Or can Supergirl and the DEO save him?

We only found out about the aliens looking for Mon-El from that bit at the end of the crossover on The Flash, correct?  If you didn't watch the Flash episode, you wouldn't know?

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
11 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

We only found out about the aliens looking for Mon-El from that bit at the end of the crossover on The Flash, correct?  If you didn't watch the Flash episode, you wouldn't know?

No it was kinda wedged in toward the end of Supergirl before the Flash part.  I remember because at first I thought it was a weird commercial because I wasn't paying attention.

• Love 1
On 12/6/2016 at 9:29 AM, Stuffy said:

No it was kinda wedged in toward the end of Supergirl before the Flash part.  I remember because at first I thought it was a weird commercial because I wasn't paying attention.

That's exactly right.  I thought it was an ad for a new Sia album.

• Love 1
On 04/12/2016 at 8:42 AM, legaleagle53 said:

Wasn't it explained that Cadmus had re-engineered the Medusa virus so that humans as well as Kryptonians would be immune to it?

Yes. We're all ignoring how improbable this is. And also the fact that this is not how viruses work.

12 hours ago, AudienceofOne said:

Yes. We're all ignoring how improbable this is. And also the fact that this is not how viruses work.

Most of the alien/metahuman "science" in this show falls into the area of the Lucy Lawless/Simspons explanation "a wizard did it." :(

• Love 3
On 11/29/2016 at 3:47 AM, AzureOwl said:

If Papa Luthor is anything like Lionel from Smallville I think it would be a good bet that Lena is his own out-of-wedlock biological kid and he went through the farce of adopting her so he could raise her. It would explain why Lilian doesn't seem to even like her. 

I think the real world reason Lena is adopted is to explain away her accent. I love Katie McGrath but fake accents aren't her strong point (unless she is pretending to be British) so leaving her as vaguely 'adopted' allows the show to handwave her slips back into Irish. Honestly I'm still a bit surprised they didn't let her just use her real accent and explain she spent her childhood in a European boarding school.

There were a lot of things I liked here but honestly the pacing issues were terrible. We really should have had a scene of Lena and Supergirl talking after the fake virus revelation.

What bothered me more though is Maggie's non-reaction to the deaths of all the aliens in the bar, given how supposedly passionate she was about them. I understand that being shot must be very traumatic, but as a cop she must have been familiar with danger by now and it is hard to imagine this is the first time she has been hurt while in a relationship. I would think that the slaughter of the people she was protecting and advocating for, at least some of whom were surely her friends would have more of an emotional impact.

• Love 3

This episode was all over the place - it seemed like it had too many plots and not enough attention given to any of them. We've got intrigue at Lexcorp, genocidal Cadmus, John dying/becoming a psycho, Hank Henshaw out for revenge, James & Winn playing dress up, setting up a crossover event and on top of that, we have a Thanksgiving episode, plus the "essential" love lives of the major players.

First off, I'm not American so Thanksgiving isn't terribly meaningful, but if you're invited to somebody's house for ANY meal, at least button your damn lip when your host wants to speak. If the whole "Guardian" stuff had come out over conversation (presumably accidentally) I'd be fine with that (it's dumb, but it's a level of stupid I can accept), but to pre-empt your host when she wants to speak is just rude (Alex was completely right to shut him down). And MommaDanvers is the most understanding mother ever, though I guess somebody who can say "I brought up an alien" is probably going to be OK with "my daughter is gay".

stealinghome I love that the show is keeping Lena a gray hat and I was legitimately guessing about her allegiance almost up until the end, but her turn on Supergirl was a little crazy. “You say my mother is a supervillain…which she totally is…so you hate me and we can’t be friends!”

I liked that. It's one thing to disagree with your mother (even if she's only your adopted mother), but if somebody else attacks her, you'll instinctively become defensive of them. Obviously she did come round, but I feel the reaction was pretty natural. And yes, it was ridiculous that Kara was quizzing Lena about her mother  and then five minutes later Supergirl accuses her mother of running Cadmus, but this is a world where a pair of glasses is an impenetrable disguise (insert obligatory Mystery Men quote here).

regularlyleaded Pfft. Sure they've "arrested" Lillian Luthor (we'll see how long that lasts), but you'll never make me believe this is the last of Cadmus, Show. NEVER!

Let's face it, for supervillains, going to jail is like filing their taxes - an annual event that's a minor annoyance!

ahisma "Look here, the virus released in the bar differs from the original virus from Krypton here. It looks like this is why none of the humans in the bar were affected." Otherwise it looks like the writers of the show forgot that humans are aliens to Kryptonians.

I totally agree. And if Daxonites and Kryptonians are SO biologically similar (which makes no sense scientifically - I'm from the SAME planet as the bumblebee but we're fairly dissimilar - but it is canonical), couldn't Kara give him a blood transfusion? Or at least use her blood to [TECH TECH] a solution (probably involving Kryptonian antibodies)?

Trini Also, are we really doing "I don't remember" (even if he's lying) with the kiss??

Maybe they're going with the Superman 2 power that Kryptonian kisses cause amnesia?

• Love 1