Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Medusa

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Why is it during these crossover episodes to hopefully bring more viewers to Supergirl, they always do their stupidest episodes where every thing is shiny, happy rainbows? The Barry one last season had the the whole community come together to save Supergirl with hand holding or something, then this one solves the major issues with J'onn, Alex/Maggie, and saving Mon-El in one easy save. Supergirl this season has been better than that. Not perfect but at least interesting. Do they not want new viewers? Because this episode is sure not going to help them. It was actually pretty boring and predicable. 

Is Hank only calling himself Cyborg Superman because that's what is comic book counterpart is called? What in show reason do we have for that? DC really needs to get out of their mindset that everyone that watches these shows (or movies) reads the comics.  I need onscreen reasons, I'm not reading a comic book. 

• Love 3

I get the feeling (though the show hasn't really said anything one way or another) that Kara hasn't dated much, if at all, since she's been on Earth. I don't doubt she's had crushes or been attracted, but she probably spent her formative years learning to control her powers and being told how potentially dangerous they could be. After all, one swing of her arm could kill someone. Whatever she had going with James last season may have been the closest she came to actually being in a relationship. From a certain standpoint, as apathetic as I am about Mon-El as a character, he probably makes more sense for Kara's first boyfriend, since he won't break as easily as a human should they get physical. Though I'd worry for whatever structure they're in at the time.

I missed a little bit of the show when the rain briefly knocked my power out and I had to wait for the cable to reset. What happened with J'onn that everyone is saying he's cured of his white martian problem?

I'm glad Maggie changed her mind. She and Alex look good together.

Cyborg Superman is never going to not sound stupid. Not the name itself. Henshaw saying it. It makes no sense. I'm also going to assume one of the pieces of alien tech Cadmus got a hold of is a teleporter, to explain how he got away so quickly.

Speaking of not making sense, I still don't understand how Cadmus or Henshaw even knew Medusa existed in the first place, let alone that information about it was located in the secret Fortress of Solitude.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, KirkB said:

I missed a little bit of the show when the rain briefly knocked my power out and I had to wait for the cable to reset. What happened with J'onn that everyone is saying he's cured of his white martian problem?

Eliza re-engineered the virus to specifically attack and kill the White Martian cells in J'ohnn's body...

6 hours ago, regularlyleaded said:

Does being an alien and being raised Kryptonian for almost half her life make things awkward for her in a way that she hasn't figured out how to deal with? Does the prospect of a serious relationship make her timid and awkward, like she was two left feet, and perhaps she's the one who bails on relationships if they get too serious, or is she bold and goes for it? If it's still true that the show this season is trying to explore who Kara is (rather than her figuring out the Supergirl side of her life) these are aspects of her that they could explore within the context of a romance and which I would find interesting. Will the show go there? I don't know. I'm basically throwing these questions out into the universe hoping that the show decides to explore that side of Kara at some point...or any side, really.

I am holding on for this as well. Wow that kiss was super awkward. I feel bad for both the actors because that was downright uncomfortable. I agree that Monel holds the most promise for exploring this very interesting issue... how does Kara have a normal relationship life with her superpowers. It is actually Mon-el who seems like the child to me. That kiss didn't help me think he has ever done that before.  Truthfully though I am wondering if the writers are up to the challenge. They just seem not good in writing this stuff.

Shocked at how all the other plots that I don't care about ended up but perhaps that is for the best.

7 hours ago, regularlyleaded said:

Jeebus Cripes. Jimmy and Winn are invited as guests to the Danvers' family Thanksgiving where Alex, as one of the hosts, tells them not to bring up the Guardian stuff because she has things she needs to say at the dinner first, so what do Jimmy and Winn do at dinner? Exactly what Alex asked them not to do! Way to be complete jerks, guys. I see this Guardian ego trip is working wonders for you both as people. *SMH*

Well, to be fair, it was mostly Jimmy. Winn started to agree but as soon as he saw Alex's irritation, he told Jimmy to stop.

On another note, when I saw the preview for the Thanksgiving scene without the beginning scene for context, I was irritated that everyone was saying thanks for just Kara and nothing else. I love Kara and this is her show, but it felt very Barry Allen'esque, where I imagine every one of his Thanksgiving has Joe thanking Barry for being his son over and over and over without any regard to Iris. I was getting irritated for Alex alone.

But with the context it does make sense as to why people were thankful for Kara. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, quarks said:

5. Although, that said, how did the aliens know that the red stuff coming down from the sky was targeted at them? Alien premonitions? Did the DEO issue some sort of ALIEN VIRUS alert?

Didn't CADMUS broadcast some sort of message on all channels announcing the glorious fight to rid the earth of alien interlopers? I figured that wasn't just sent to the DEO as a private message.

12 hours ago, AzureOwl said:

Does anyone have any guesses about who the aliens looking for Mon-El are?

The answer to my prayers if they're successful in taking him back to outer space.

• Love 4

This episode felt like a season 1 midseason finale with the uncertainty of getting a full order of episodes (except for the crossover tease at the end).  Consider:

-Alex/Maggie are officially a couple.  Romantic subplot settled!

-J'onn is A-OK!

-The head of Cadmus has been stopped and is going to jail.  A huge victory for the heroes!

-James and Winn continue to be irrelevant.  OK, maybe that isn't a positive.

-Kara and Mon-El may or may not become a couple - the door's open either way.

-Basically, all of the good guys are happy!  Presumably, this means they never told Eliza about Jeremiah's helping hand last episode because she seemed far too cheerful.

- Hank is loose and these mystery aliens are coming, but that's pretty low stakes because Mon-El is probably a distant 4th in the ranking of most important people on the show.  His staying or going is mainly relevant in how it affects Kara as he's firmly established as a supporting character.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, StarBrand said:

Eliza re-engineered the virus to specifically attack and kill the White Martian cells in J'ohnn's body...

I should have realized that Eliza would come up with a cure. I'd forgotten that she was a scientist.  And just like I said last week, this injecting and turning J'onn into a White Martian was done for draaaama purposes and would be resolved quickly.

Still watching this right now after learning that it's not really a crossover and that Barry and Cisco only show up at the end. And I won't be surprised if the showrunners

somehow fix it so that Dante isn't dead after all so that Barry and Cisco will make up and not be at odds with each other any more

, because that's how these assholes roll.

14 hours ago, prospazzinator said:

Oh. I totally thought Mon-El remembered and was just pretending he didn't. I think it was that look he gave her as she was walking away. Or maybe he was just constipated.

He definitely was pretending, just like he was pretending not to understand what Kara was going on about earlier in the episode with crushes. It seemed a weird swerve for the character, though; acting coy is definitely not a trait Mon-El has demonstrated up to this point.

I liked the last scene with Alex and Maggie (and adored how tactile Alex was with Maggie; Chyler Leigh is so good), but their little kerfluffle seemed to be pretty well glossed over. Wasn't Alex on bad terms (or at least not terribly friendly terms) when we last saw them?

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Is Hank only calling himself Cyborg Superman because that's what is comic book counterpart is called? What in show reason do we have for that? DC really needs to get out of their mindset that everyone that watches these shows (or movies) reads the comics.  I need onscreen reasons, I'm not reading a comic book. 

It does play really awkwardly so far on the show. In my head, I have it that Hank considers himself a "Super Man" in a Nietzschean context, and is trying to rehabilitate the term to take some agency back for humanity from the aliens he hates. He appends the "Cyborg" part to it to distinguish himself from Kal-El (and because it accurately reflects his super origins).

• Love 3

Okay, so I saw it. And, not really impressed, because it couldn't keep my attention. They totally glossed over how Eliza was told about J'onn, hence her being able to kill the White Martian blood cells. Did he tell her after they were all safe? Did Kara? We didn't even get to see how Alex reacted to the news he was turning into a White Martian. But I really shouldn't be surprised considering who writes/runs this show. It's the same problems on Flash. I can't speak to Arrow (stopped watching after the third episode in the first season and only watch the crossovers) or Legends of Tomorrow (got as far as the third episode before I dropped it because it was so fucking boring, and the actors playing the Hawks sucking didn't help, when I've been spoiled by Michael Shanks, the DCAU version of Hawkman and Hawkgirl/Shayera).

The best part for me? The scene with J'onn and Kara on the balcony and the last 15 seconds when Cisco and Barry showed up and Kara running in and hugging Barry.

• Love 1

Re: the virus, I think Cadmus reengineered it to not attack humans,

OK, that makes sense - but why didn't they go one step further so that it would attack Kryptonians? They knew they'd still have Supergirl and Superman to contend with.

Also, what's the name of the little flying robot thing in the fortress of solitude, and who's going to repair it?

Just now, iMonrey said:

OK, that makes sense - but why didn't they go one step further so that it would attack Kryptonians? They knew they'd still have Supergirl and Superman to contend with.

Also, what's the name of the little flying robot thing in the fortress of solitude, and who's going to repair it?

I've always read and seen that Kryptonians were much more advanced than the humans, so maybe they didn't know how to re-engineer it to kill the Kryptonians?

Kalex.  And probably Supes. Speaking of him, he totally should be part of the crossover, and if he couldn't be in this episode, at least show Kara texting or talking to him on the phone to let him know what was going on with the Fortress and Kalex. After all, it's his Fortress of Solitude; not Kara's.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Cthulhudrew said:

I liked the last scene with Alex and Maggie (and adored how tactile Alex was with Maggie; Chyler Leigh is so good), but their little kerfluffle seemed to be pretty well glossed over. Wasn't Alex on bad terms (or at least not terribly friendly terms) when we last saw them?

Somewhat. But Maggie came around and gave the little speech about not wanting Alex missing from her life-she did promise to take off for good if Alex wanted that, but Maggie seemed to have convinced her to not turn her back completely.

And Alex wasn't the one to initiate things this time around-Maggie came over with pizza and said she does, in fact, want Alex back. I think that's all Alex needed to hear.

Edited by StarBrand
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I've always read and seen that Kryptonians were much more advanced than the humans, so maybe they didn't know how to re-engineer it to kill the Kryptonians?

Kalex.  And probably Supes. Speaking of him, he totally should be part of the crossover, and if he couldn't be in this episode, at least show Kara texting or talking to him on the phone to let him know what was going on with the Fortress and Kalex. After all, it's his Fortress of Solitude; not Kara's.

He definitely should have been part of the crossover. I'm sure they could have had a tongue in cheek moment with Ray on Legends of Tomorrow. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

He definitely should have been part of the crossover. I'm sure they could have had a tongue in cheek moment with Ray on Legends of Tomorrow. 

Well it could still happen since Legends of Tomorrow crossover won't air until Thursday. But I doubt it.

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And probably Supes. Speaking of him, he totally should be part of the crossover, and if he couldn't be in this episode, at least show Kara texting or talking to him on the phone to let him know what was going on with the Fortress and Kalex. After all, it's his Fortress of Solitude; not Kara's.

So the next time he goes to the Fortress of Solitude he's going to find a smashed guard robot, Kara's blood on the control panel, and no explanation?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

So the next time he goes to the Fortress of Solitude he's going to find a smashed guard robot, Kara's blood on the control panel, and no explanation?

"Sorry about the mess Lois, maybe I shouldn't have told Kara where I hide the key to the Fortress."

• Love 6
15 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Well someone needs to show up and still give Barry his weekly pep talk and Supergirl will be too busy saving the world to do it.  

One thing I will credit Supergirl with: she used to need weekly, or multiweekly, pep talks as well. If you don't count Snapper's lectures about how to be a reporter (which I don't because IMO pep talks are about being a better hero), it doesn't feel like she has really had all that many this season. Although I miss Cat Grant, that is probably one plus from her being gone.

• Love 4

I did want a quick resolution to J'onn's White Martian disease, but -- Wow, show.

And I figured Alex and Maggie would get back together at some point, but -- Wow, show.

Mon-El and Kara were somewhat cute together, but the whole "do you like me like me" conversation was cringe-worthy. Someone's taking the "girl" part of title way too literally; that was straight junior high. Why do the writers suck at dialogue so much? Also, are we really doing "I don't remember" (even if he's lying) with the kiss?? The show was actually doing okay with the slow burn between them; they didn't need this 'two steps forward, one back' move.

On the plus side, the scenes between Lena and Lillian really sparked; it's always great to see actors who know what they're doing and rise above the material.

I had already been spoiled that only the very end of the episode would relate to the big crossover, so I wasn't disappointed about that. However, I was disappointed that they squandered the opportunity to bring up Barry Allen's previous visit. All they need was a line of dialog to help this episode connect to the rest of the shows.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, StarBrand said:

James appeared in only five minutes, but managed to look like a complete douche the whole time. Alex wanted to tell everyone about being gay, and wasn't going to have James upstaging it. James pushing himself in to go first in "I'm thankful for ...." conversation makes him look even more of an asshole afterwards. That's exactly why Alex was peeved at him, as she should have been. She eventually did come out to Mom (and I agree it felt a little shoehorned in, but I let it slide). As I expected, Eliza pretty much (a) already knew, and (b) was completely OK with it. Alex, your Mon adopted an alien, interacts with others like it's no thing-you probably have the most open-minded Mom on the planet.

It was supposed to be played for laughs but all three of them ended up looking bad.

Winn was all "I made this awesome suit. And by the way James puts it in risking his life but the main thing is how awesome I made it."  James has his own issues about trying to be useful. After all, Alex had been after them to tell Kara and neither of them knew Alex was putting all the weight on her coming out speech.

Alex was so stressed she had to keep drinking but honestly, it was such a bad plan. If anyone at the table had reacted badly, it would have made it a very unpleasant meal. Did she know how Daxamites feel about gay people?  Or Green Martians?  If Eliza had reacted badly it would have been disastrous.  It was a much better thing to tell her privately. So I'm going to go comic relief in those scenes.

And was something that wasn't about Mon El being cutesy so that's good for me.

6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And probably Supes. Speaking of him, he totally should be part of the crossover, and if he couldn't be in this episode, at least show Kara texting or talking to him on the phone to let him know what was going on with the Fortress and Kalex. After all, it's his Fortress of Solitude; not Kara's.

A big Nope from me.  When Superman is on, he sucks the air out of the room and it becomes all about him.  Even a call from Ray (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) makes it about him.  I want the crossovers episodes to be about the other shows, ones I care about more like Arrow and LoT, not about Kara's Super cousin.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

One thing I will credit Supergirl with: she used to need weekly, or multiweekly, pep talks as well. If you don't count Snapper's lectures about how to be a reporter (which I don't because IMO pep talks are about being a better hero), it doesn't feel like she has really had all that many this season. Although I miss Cat Grant, that is probably one plus from her being gone.

I think Snapper's lines don't count as pep talks because he rides the line between "get your shit together" and "I treat everyone this way," the first of which is reasonable to a new/inexperienced reporter and the second of which is character (ie. he's an asshole though if this show has its way he will turn out to be an asshole with a heart of gold) 

3 hours ago, Trini said:

I did want a quick resolution to J'onn's White Martian disease, but -- Wow, show.

And I figured Alex and Maggie would get back together at some point, but -- Wow, show.

Same :o wow show wow :o 

3 hours ago, Trini said:

Mon-El and Kara were somewhat cute together, but the whole "do you like me like me" conversation was cringe-worthy. Someone's taking the "girl" part of title way too literally; that was straight junior high. Why do the writers suck at dialogue so much? Also, are we really doing "I don't remember" (even if he's lying) with the kiss?? The show was actually doing okay with the slow burn between them; they didn't need this 'two steps forward, one back' move.

I feel like this and other scenes tend to undercut the idea of female empowerment that supergirl should/does stand for. I'm not saying that being vulnerable or cute or inexperienced in dating are bad traits so much as they seem like clichés or, at worst, lazy stereotypes.

It seems often the show wants to have its cake and eat it too, especially when it comes to the humor. For example, it's realistic that Kara's sister Alex, who grew up with her, might poke fun at her like in the most recent episode, but to have Winn doing the same when not too long ago he treated Superman like *a god walking the earth* seems disingenuous to the show's theme. 

I think that "Kara is naive at dating" has been a persistent part of her character since the pilot, though.  And yeah, if you broke a boy's foot when you danced with him in seventh grade, you might be a bit skittish about too much closeness.

• Love 9

The relationship parts of this episode were better for me than the plotty/fighty bits. Hank Henshaw is a waste of screen space to me. Thanksgiving was great, though James' attempted hijacking was a bit of a turkey. I don't mind Kara/Mon-el, as long as they take it slow and have him grow up a bit more before actually starting a romance. Alex/Maggie was excellently done! Maggie and Eliza were a bit clunky, but they got Alex to a good place. Lena and Lillian's scenes were crackling! Lena and Kara still have the best chemistry on the show. Hank and Kara on the balcony were lovely. I knew Alex and Winn were going to hack Lena as soon as they assured Kara her sneakiness was just fine. Hah! 

Speaking of him, he totally should be part of the crossover, and if he couldn't be in this episode, at least show Kara texting or talking to him on the phone to let him know what was going on with the Fortress and Kalex. After all, it's his Fortress of Solitude; not Kara's.

One of my favorite relationships is the cousinly one between Kara and Clark, even when he was just the other half of an IM conversation in season 1. With the Fortress of Solitude (and alien-killing virus) in the plot, I really wanted some reference, even if it was just a text or phone call or mention that she was going to contact him.

Re: the virus, I think Cadmus reengineered it to not attack humans

In the incredibly short time since the previous episode? Even with tv science, it should have at least been mentioned. "Look here, the virus released in the bar differs from the original virus from Krypton here. It looks like this is why none of the humans in the bar were affected." Otherwise it looks like the writers of the show forgot that humans are aliens to Kryptonians. 

Also, I totally knew that Lena was faking out her mother with isotope 454. Except that Winn's reading tracked the real isotope to their location. Again, a throwaway line of "I put a trace of the real isotope on the outside of the containers in case you took readings, but what's inside the containers neutralized the virus." (More tv science—Lena never had access to the virus information, so she just used some radiation strong enough to kill a canister of virus but light enough to not be dangerous as fallout?)

They totally glossed over how Eliza was told about J'onn, hence her being able to kill the White Martian blood cells. Did he tell her after they were all safe? Did Kara? We didn't even get to see how Alex reacted to the news he was turning into a White Martian. 

A missed Alex and J'onn opportunity. And yet more tv science. It takes forever to save Mon-el, but in the short time between the fight and Mon-el waking up, they learn the White Martian secret, figure out the cure, synthesize it, inject it into J'onn, and he fully processes it without three days of beauty sleep/flu-like symptoms? As said above, wow.

• Love 3

We had some nice developments with Maggie/Alex (Malex?

Nice one, why didnt I think of that.....

J'onn is already cured?  Talk about rushing through things!

He is the beloved Green Martian Manhunter,  was never going to turn into a real white Martian, so why delay the obvious.......

Where would that leave Iris, though?

? Do you have to ask, did you forgot she is a BLACK love interest. Iris who...

Edited by HeroLeague
  • Love 1

Kara and Mon-el's relationship development is working extremely well for me.  I liked the do you like me conversation over Monopoly - Kara came out and asked directly, didn't wait for multiple episodes to gauge where things were, she didn't get someone else to ask for her, she didn't try to ask in a round-about way.  Yes, it was a little cutesy because Mon-el didn't understand (IMO, Chose not to understand), but when that didn't work she got to the point "do you want to mate with me". 

I feel like Mon'el knew what she was asking from the beginning but was trying to deflect.  His answer was a non-answer "have you seen the women I've been attracting" - not "have you seen the women I'm attracted to".  My interpretation is that he has taken to heart that women on this planet choose who to be mated to, and he doesn't think he measures up - that he is not someone she would choose.  Declining the offer for company from the lady at the bar may be an indication that he is changing his focus towards the potential for a relationship with Kara, but refusing to admit it to her might be to give him time to improve himself in her eyes.  I felt like him not admitting to remembering the kiss was to keep delaying answering the "do you like me question", but asking "was there anything else I did"  was to open the possibility that maybe she would choose him (hypothetically).  For me the kiss was perfect.  It wasn't a sexual kiss, or a passionate kiss, or even an affectionate kiss - but it was emotional and touching (to me) in context. Those actors are really popping for me in their interactions.  I'm really interested in this story with how it is being written and acted.

This was a satisfying mid-season finale for me.  Kara/Mon-el stuff, Alex/Maggie stuff, Lena vs. Lillian, the juxtaposition of the Lena/Kara friendship with the Lena/Supergirl hardness (certainly in the office, but maybe not so much by the end), the teaser of the aliens searching for Mon-el, Martian Manhunter vs. Cyborg Superman, and the smaller comical interactions/moments that were peppered through out.  The only thing I'm a little unsatisfied with was how easily it seemed that J'onn's condition of changing into a White Martian was reverted at the end - I felt like there could have been more story in that, but maybe they had to chop off a minute to get Barry and Cisco in at the end.

• Love 6

I agree that Monel holds the most promise for exploring this very interesting issue... how does Kara have a normal relationship life with her superpowers. 

Disagree, this wouldnt be the best relationship to explore that. Pairing her with an alien dude and one who just recently become an earthling, doesn't really help explore that.  Mon El doesnt even know what a normal life means on earth, let alone know how to do normal earth relationships. 

Edited by HeroLeague
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, HeroLeague said:
  • You are missing Supergirl/Kara having some great character interactions and moments. ?

Ha, let me rephrase my question. Is Supergirl/Kara in either of these besides the closing scene? 

I've only watched The Flash episode so far, but she was in several scenes. I had pretty much no idea what was going on in all the other scenes, though, because that was the only Flash episode I've ever seen (haven't watched any Arrow or LoT, either). There was some exposition that helped, but too many characters for a non-watcher to really follow everything.

I'm just about to watch tonight's Arrow episode and I realize I don't even remember what happened on Flash. Not a good sign. I don't watch Arrow or LoT so maybe I'm just not gonna be invested. I'll be curious to hear from people who watch all four shows if they think the crossover was a success once it's over. 

7 hours ago, Court said:

Ha, let me rephrase my question. Is Supergirl/Kara in either of these besides the closing scene? 

For The Flash,

Spoiler

she's in it extensively.

In Arrow,  it was also their 100th episode so a good chunk of it was kind of a love letter to their fans but

Spoiler

Kara and the Flash team up for a nice fight against a villain.

• Love 1

It should be easy enough to explain why Superman isn't involved when the fortress is.

"Kara, is your cousin joining us this year?"

"Oh, no, he said the he and Lois are spending Thanksgiving on the planet Xudar, said something about them having turkeys that taste like shrimp."

• Love 1
On 11/28/2016 at 8:37 PM, MarkHB said:

My favorite moment (at least the one that's not totally shallow) was the bit of business with Alex and her drink before dinner (Kara took away her beer and put it in the fridge, Alex waited until Kara wasn't watching, went to the fridge, and grabbed the fifth of bourbon that was next to her beer and walked off with that instead. 

If any scene has ever screamed "Family Thanksgiving" more accurately, I surely haven't seen it. 

And from the recap:

So I guess Kara's going to let Mon-El go on thinking he drooled on himself instead of her.

I'm almost embarrassed by how hard I laughed at this. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Court said:

I won't get to see tonight's episode for a bit, but in terms of what she's done in the first couple:

In Flash, she gets introduced to the Arrowverse crew. She mentioned that the aliens she was brought to help stop, the Dominators, came to Krypton some time before she was born. Using specious logic that since they are fighting aliens, they should scrimmage with Supergirl because she's an alien. Supergirl just beats everyone's asses effortlessly in a way she never does in her show. The Dominators kidnap the Arrowverse president, which most of our assembled heroes try to stop. But the Dominators have a mind control device that they then use to hypnotize everyone but Flash and Green Arrow. For whatever reason, the Dominators have all the other heroes come back to fight Flash and Green Arrow rather than hypnotize Flash and Green Arrow or do any number of other things. Mind-controlled Supergirl can't for some reason just kill Flash and Green Arrow, and Flash manages in the end to trick her into destroying the mind control device, which the Dominators left unguarded.

In Arrow, Supergirl is in a subplot where one of the B-characters in Arrow complains about people with abilities. Supergirl and Flash save that B-character and put a beating on some rando character I've never seen before. As a result, the Arrow B-character grudgingly says, well as long as there are going to be superpowered people, it's good that some are good.

• Love 3

There is also a thread in Arrow's forum for everyone to be able to discuss and compare all Flarrowverse / superhero shows (DCTV, Marvel...) and movies

Just note that people speak quite openly about all these shows, so there may be spoilers from Gotham or the last Marvel movie as well as comments on the last Flarrowverse episode

Edited by emarasmoak
grammar
  • Love 2
On 11/29/2016 at 8:59 AM, johntfs said:

As for Cyborg Superman, yes, it's silly but it was also a thing from the comics.

It's not silly though simply because he's saying "Cyborg Superman". It's silly because unlike the comics version, this version has no connection to Superman and yet just blurts that name out. His origin doesn't involve Superman. He isn't wearing a Superman costume. He in fact doesn't even explain his name in terms of being against Superman. He just spits out he's "Cyborg Superman" like an idiot, with no link other than the fact that a much better thought out version of Hank Henshaw in comics books, with actual links to Superman, did it. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Kromm said:

It's not silly though simply because he's saying "Cyborg Superman". It's silly because unlike the comics version, this version has no connection to Superman and yet just blurts that name out. His origin doesn't involve Superman. He isn't wearing a Superman costume. He in fact doesn't even explain his name in terms of being against Superman. He just spits out he's "Cyborg Superman" like an idiot, with no link other than the fact that a much better thought out version of Hank Henshaw in comics books, with actual links to Superman, did it. 

You're exactly right.  The only "reason" Henshaw is calling himself Cyborg Superman is because of the comics.  Unfortunately, the show hasn't bothered to build any links or real reason for him to do this.

I haven't read the comics in a while, but even there Henshaw never called HIMSELF Cyborg Superman did he?

I'm still at a loss (and hoping the show will explain) how Cadmus and/or Henshaw even knew about Medusa, let alone what it was called. I can give them a pass on the Fortress, maybe they tracked Superman or Kara, or perhaps Jeremiah was aware of it and they got the info from him, and Henshaw could be strong enough to lift the key. But how could they know Kara's dad created a virus, called Medusa, designed to wipe out aliens? And while I'm on the subject, did no one at Cadmus consider the fact they were aliens to the Kryptonians and could have been affected? Similarly, why weren't they?

Edited by KirkB
Grammar is my friend.
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, KirkB said:

I haven't read the comics in a while, but even there Henshaw never called HIMSELF Cyborg Superman did he?

I'm still at a loss (and hoping the show will explain) how Cadmus and/or Henshaw even knew about Medusa, let alone what it was called. I can give them a pass on the Fortress, maybe they tracked Superman or Kara, or perhaps Jeremiah was aware of it and they got the info from him, and Henshaw could be strong enough to lift the key. But how could they know Kara's dad created a virus, called Medusa, and designed to wipe out aliens? And while I'm on the subject, did no one at Cadmus consider the fact they were aliens to the Kryptonians and could have been affected? Similarly, why weren't they?

As to Medusa and how they knew ,Jeremiah I would guess . Him floating around in a pop up Cadmus base was shady

As for the Cyborg Superman it was probably Lillian as it all sounds the same as when she created Metallo .And this is a woman who thinks her little snowflake Lex is a Superman

Edited by Humbugged
8 minutes ago, KirkB said:

I'm still at a loss (and hoping the show will explain) how Cadmus and/or Henshaw even knew about Medusa, let alone what it was called. I can give them a pass on the Fortress, maybe they tracked Superman or Kara, or perhaps Jeremiah was aware of it and they got the info from him, and Henshaw could be strong enough to lift the key. But how could they know Kara's dad created a virus, called Medusa, designed to wipe out aliens? And while I'm on the subject, did no one at Cadmus consider the fact they were aliens to the Kryptonians and could have been affected? Similarly, why weren't they?

Wasn't it explained that Cadmus had re-engineered the Medusa virus so that humans as well as Kryptonians would be immune to it?

Watched this in hopes of some crossover info, got precisely nothing on that front. The writers also crammed million and one plots in it, and resolved pretty much all of them in the laziest way possible, and I even haven't seen the beginning. I'm glad Superman was... somewhere, apparently, for that giant showdown in the Fortress of Solitude, and noone even gave him a call or something. I also once again appreciate how the most powerful creature on Earth that has laser beam eyes easily defeated by some malfunctioning android, and how she's also easily distracted by her frenemy's injury that she let the villain go.

Yeah, J'ohn mildly transformed into the Dominator alien (kinda) and then they just resolved that off-screen because science magic. Great. I liked David Harewood's acting, though he's always solid and reliable.

Mon-El is adorable and stuff, but that was some low-stake "he's gonna die!11" illness, and then they made amnesia!kiss happen because the writers are secretly 15-years-olds.

Hi, James, bye, James. The most irrelevant character since... Laurel Lance, probably, and Arrow was trying Laurel happened for four freaking years and she had at least speaking lines and screen-time, unlike this dude.

The only thing I appreciated that was resolved in mature manner was Maggie/Alex romance. At least someone on this show is not completely socially inept dork, for whatever it would last.