Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E10: Million Dollar Gamble

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

So is the second hour going to be a Zeke vs David showdown?  Or is that just a red herring?  I really hope neither of them goes, but considering David has Jessica/Ken in his alliance, I'm hoping someone from Zeke's side goes (Hannah or Adam preferably).

I think the Jess voters were Chris/Bret/Sunday/Jay.  Also, that's a blindside, Probst. 

And while this should already be common sense, tonight's episode should be another exhibit as to why you never tell anyone you have an idol.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, ElleryAnne said:

Jay's not my favorite player, but damn, the guy can read a room at TC.  

I'm so thrilled he didn't play his idol.  He still has that to fall back on.  Actually, since Zeke has it out for David and his crew, Jay may be safe for awhile. 

Since Zeke thinks he's running things, I wouldn't mind him getting a blindside of his own at the next TC.  Although he's got some pretty good sheep on his side, so we'll see.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I wouldn't mind a blindside of either Zeke or David at the next TC. I think Jay might be safe for awhile. 

I'm hoping it's Zeke.  I like that guy, but he needs to be taken down a few notches. 

Okay, Jay wins immunity-this really is going to be one side vs the other.  Hope Ken doesn't get it! 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5
Just now, cooksdelight said:

If they vote off MY Ken, I'm never watching this show again!!!! :)

That'll be my luck.  So we have Zeke/Adam/Hannah/Sunday/Bret vs Ken/David/Jessica, with Jay kind of a free agent.  So if they try to split the vote, and David gets winds of Zeke wanting him gone, if he can play his idol just right, those 4 might have an advantage.

• Love 1
Just now, Lamima said:

Hannah is with Dave.

Thanks, and I realize I forgot Will (I can't keep track of whose with who).  Hannah seems pretty easy to get on your side, so Zeke might be able to sway her.  I just hope something exciting happens.  There's been so much focus on Zeke getting Dave out, I have to think it'll be Jessica/Ken :( instead.  Or Hannah.  She's certainly had a lot of screen time the last couple of episodes, and I don't think anyone would see a vote coming for her.

Still, I'm going to be annoyed if this is what we get from King Zeke the rest of the season.

I was surprised to see Chris go home without any/many TH's. (Or did I just forget?). 

Hope sunday, Brett, and will are gone soon. They bring little to nothing to the game.  

Zeke FTW. Adam, ken, and Hannah for top four. Maybe Jess, too. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, awaken said:

I was surprised to see Chris go home without any/many TH's. (Or did I just forget?). 

Hope sunday, Brett, and will are gone soon. They bring little to nothing to the game.  

Zeke FTW. Adam, ken, and Hannah for top four. Maybe Jess, too. 

No, he's been pretty invisible all season.  I was thinking he'd end up being a major character after the merge.

Voting is early...still 10 minutes.  We probably have a tie coming.

I want Jessica to last until the end simply because of her TC reactions.

Okay, this is still pretty early.  We've got a rock draw situation coming up!  Come on guys, decide on Zeke!

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

That was bananas! Why would anyone risk their own game for Zeke or Hannah?  Boot one now and get rid of the other one next. 

Whispering about Ken was really sneaky  

Jay is going to laugh all the way to the finale. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 10

Oh wow!!  Poor Jessica.  Hannah told her not to vote for her and she got screwed.   I learned to hate Bret tonight.  

I held my breath when they said Ken...and I cheered when David used his idol for him but then it turned out to be a ruse.. damn

• Love 14

I suspected it was a ruse, the Ken thing . Now Adam and Hannah will feel so bad. I hope they go after Zeke's crew. Looks like Jay might stick around. I think he or Dave wins it.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 5

Ohhhhh my god

48 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Wow, Hannah sucks at this game.

A lot of people played worse than her this round LOL

Man that was fucking exciting.  Not as much as the Cubs/Indians game but I was screaming.  The Rajai HR still beats it, by a lot.  But this will go down in history.  I never saw the Paschal season.  That's one of the few I never saw.  (Thanks to those who pointed out it was Season 4 Marquesas.)   I'm so glad I was watching.  Survivor has renewed my faith in the show and the franchise and I now have renewed faith in this season, which I was rapidly losing.

This season never felt like a favourite, but wow, I know that it will be historical now.

Going to rocks sounds stupid when I hear about it secondhand, but watching it was much soooooo fun. Hahahahahah.  It was really like a movie; the director focusing on Jessica so much because she knew she was fated to "die" this way through the whole tribal.  Although, I think if Adam -- or, to a lesser extent, David -- was eliminated this way, I'd be pissed, because I like them and their stories. I have a personal affiliation towards Adam and David's arc brought me to tears today.  Jessica really thought she was going to win the whole thing.  I thought the lack of focus on Adam this entire episode, until TC when he fucked up the Ken call - was very weird.  I kept having to remind myself that he was the 10th person there.  Also, who orchestrated the Ken bluff?  And who was whispering it?  

I was already thinking that challenge where they squirm through the sand looked like people trying to wriggle away from their deaths in a Tarantino film.  I KNOW I've seen a movie or two like that.  Very cinematic episode.

I never knew Zeke was gay.  So yeah I didn't know about Brett either, but that surprised me less because I never paid attention to the guy.  Now I am finally confident that I know everyone's names.  LOL

I used to get pissed about all the women and minorities being thrown out of the game, but I guess now I just have to see it like a metaphor for America.  Remember how Sunday focused so much on Jessica last week?  Perfect metaphor for a lot of women I know.  Sunday and Hannah are the last two women standing; just wow.  I always thought Sunday was dumb, but man, she won that challenge with Brett and Zeke...... is Zeke a genius or can Sunday hold her own?  LOL

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 9

That was crazy! I like this new rule. I wasn't a fan of Jessica's but I felt sorry for her. Going home because she drew the wrong rock. But she did it to herself, if she would have voted for Zeke they would not have had to go to rocks.

I'll miss Chris, he was fun to watch in the challenges. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 2

Wow, both episodes were so good. 

The editors did a nice job with the talking heads over Zeke and David at camp, saying the same things about each other.

Bret was really annoying at Tribal, and both him and Zeke were out of line with talking about Davids problem. I mean I guess they were just pretending to be nice when David talked about his troubles because they didn't want to be seen as mean. But at Tribal their meanness came out, really surprised at both of them.

Why did you trust anything Sunday tells you Hannah and Adam, why? Should have gone with your gut and David should have played the idol for Hannah as originally planned so Zeke could leave.

Feel bad for Jessica, but atleast everyone is playing.

4 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Which is exactly what David said to them. As he said, Zeke is one of the biggest threats (and if these people really aren't seeing that, then they're idiots) so boot him out and if they think he, David, is so dangerous, boot him next, especially now that he has no idol. 

The best part of this whole thing for me was Ken whose expressions and reactions never changed. I did love him putting Bret in his fucking place with that condescending "it's called Survivor Ken, that's how it's played". It's like a switch just flipped with Bret and Zeke and they just suddenly decided to be assholes to David and company who did nothing to them. You even see Sunday sort of trying to rein Bret in at one point. 

^^ Yes, Zeke is playing hard, he is the much bigger threat against Hannah! 

I really hope Bret and Sunday are not at the end cause they came off as really stupid here.

Edited by dkb
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

And I thought Zeke and Bret were both unnecessary assholes to David. Zeke's whole, "oh are you going to cry" taunt to David was unnecessary and just dickish

Right? WTF? That went below the belt for me. I know it's a game, but still. 

I like David more than I like Zeke anyway.

I do feel bad for Jess, but truth be told, she would have been gone ages ago had David not played his idol for her.

I don't think I've ever been more nervous watching a tribal council! LOL. This game is bananas (unless, you know, Taylor ate those on his way out last week).

• Love 20

You know who got screwed?  Ken.  If anybody other than Jess goes home, he's under the radar and they've shown him making pretty good connections with a variety of people.  Now his closest ally is gone and he's in the minority.

I'm trying to decide if I admire Hannah for taking a risk to try to win or if giving up a pretty sure FTC with Zeke is dumb.  I think I admire it, but she has to eliminate so many people to have a shot at winning.

Jury wise, I think Zeke, Ken, David, and Jay are in the best shape, in that order.  Bret, Sunday, and Will are non-entities.  I think Adam annoys people.

• Love 5

Okay. That was fun. I mean, sucks that Jessica takes Paschal's way out of the game, especially since she could have flipped on Hannah, but a one-in-six turkey shoot? And we got David and Zeke playing "Spy vs. Spy" for at least another week. It's a beta male brawl, y'all.

I was expecting David to go out last because he had the same trajectory as Stephen from two seasons ago in a two-hour episode. He tried to opted out of a reward challenge, got coaxed back in, lost that, improbably won immunity, got to go on a reward without eating a grain of sand, and he burned his idol on Ken of all people. If he did it for Hannah, Zeke would've been out.

Kinda sucks that we have "David vs. Zeke" for the foreseeable future, since I can see myself getting along with either of them better than the others. What, am I going to relate to Jay? Or Will? Touching that Zeke and Brett had a secret moment. I don't read bios, so Brett's revelation took me by surprise.

Jessica has to come back, right? I mean, the only other person I've seen destroyed by a reality show was Sarah over on The Challenge when Johnny denied her money. I'm not a fan of Jessica, but I feel bad that it shook out that way for her, even though she did have some control.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

That was crazy! I like this new rule. I wasn't a fan of Jessica's but I felt sorry for her. Going home because she drew the wrong rock. But she did it to herself, if she would have voted for Zeke they would not have had to go to rocks.

I'll miss Chris, he was fun to watch in the challenges. 

The rocks?  Not a new rule, right?  

• Love 3

I was watching at work so I missed what Zeke and Bret said to David.  Crappy of them, especially since David was close to Zeke at one point.  Bret suddenly thinks he's Zeke's BFF, the guy whose just using him to go after David's side?

I'd say (depending how bitter a jury we have), Jay, Ken, and possibly Zeke and David have the best chances of winning.  Sunday, Will, and Bret are perfect goats.  Hannah and Adam I also think are going to be unlikable to some over on that side.

• Love 4
Just now, Ms Blue Jay said:

No. The if the group can't decide on who should go home after two write down votes then the two people in question are safe and everybody else has to draw rocks? Isn't that new this season? Maybe I'm wrong, I just don't remember that before?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Nope, we've had the rocks forever I think.  First time they were played was Marquesas, but TPTB adjusted the rules when they realized you can't play rocks the way they were meant to be played at a final 4.

• Love 4

Jesus H people.  When Ken talked about the guillotine, it was a metaphor.  No was literally being sent to death, not that you could tell by their reactions.  Seriously, it was like one of those bad movies where you have to lighten the plane of it's going to crash, so better than to throw someone out kicck and screaming rather than dying.

Also, castaways take note:  ""anyone but me" only works with Sandra.

• Love 7

The fact that Adam believes that Sunday was telling the truth when she told HANNAH that it was Ken, was dumb on his part. 

The bullying by Zeke and Brett were gross, when David and Ken were speaking logically about the game. 

I really enjoyed Jessica and I'm pissed another woman goes home by random draw. And again, shut up Brett. YOU could have switched your vote too and this wouldn't have happened. 

• Love 23

So much fun! I really love these later seasons where the players are all seasoned fans of the game and so many of them know how to play. So much more tense and fun to watch.

It would be lovely to see Sunday or Brett go, but they'd make good goats, yes?

• Love 7