Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Pre-season speculation and press

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Is it absolutely true that she is joining?  I watched her terrible reality show years ago.  She and her friends were absolutely disgusting.  I remember being appalled.  She was THE IT GIRL so it s crazy how far she has fallen.

I think the key word is "Girl" she is forty now.  RHONY is becoming Real Single Women of New York, unlucky in love.  I guess Luann will change the direction with her wedding next month.  Right about now, Bethenny, Carole, Sonja and Tinsley have never appeared on the show while married and living with their husband. 

All I remember is Dior named a lipstick color after her.

• Love 7

I guess I'm dating myself with this reference but reading that article made me think of Lizzie Grubman.

Right there with you, Avaleigh. 

I thought the same thing. I was in NYC working during the height of those...uh.....those....(looking for a word)....trashy pieces of NYC sociopathic female socialite shite.

It was the pre-Kardashian era. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

I guess I'm dating myself with this reference but reading that article made me think of Lizzie Grubman.

12 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Right there with you, Avaleigh. 

I thought the same thing. I was in NYC working during the height of those...uh.....those....(looking for a word)....trashy pieces of NYC sociopathic female socialite shite.

It was the pre-Kardashian era. 

Yeah, Lizzie was gross and extremely dangerous but it comes as no surprise that Carole has hired her as her publicist, like attracts like. 

I cannot wait for the new season and to see this Tinsley who I've heard so much about. I've read she's hanging out and living with with Sonja. I wonder how she'll interact with the rest of the cast especially since she's younger and pretty and we know certain hags cannot stand that. 

Does anyone think that Bethenny will go for Tinsley's jugular right off the bat or try to psychologically batter her first? Do you think that Bethenny and Carole will try to rehab their mean girl reputations or continue down that path and maybe even get worse?

• Love 8

Oh wow, Carole really hired LG as her publicist? I can't believe how much the bloom is off the rose with me for this lady now. She used to be a fave.  

FWIW I think that Bethenny will try psychological battery first. ;)

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 11
43 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

Oh wow, Carole really hired LG as her publicist? I can't believe how much the bloom is off the rose with me for this lady now. She used to be a fave.  

FWIW I think that Bethenny will try psychological battery first. ;)

Yup, it's right there on her twitter/IG accounts

Carole fell fast but it's because she was hiding her true self, once she grabbed Aviva's face on the stairs we saw what she really was. 

• Love 7
On November 22, 2016 at 6:15 AM, Ki-in said:

I cannot wait for the new season and to see this Tinsley who I've heard so much about. I've read she's hanging out and living with with Sonja. I wonder how she'll interact with the rest of the cast especially since she's younger and pretty and we know certain hags cannot stand that. 

I'm not familiar with TM but it's interesting that she's hanging out with Sonja as I immediately thought, "Lady Morgan rides again" while reading those articles. Great. Another dame in theory starting over but in practice probably shackled to her past.

• Love 7
On 11/23/2016 at 11:51 AM, Almost 3000 said:

Does Tinsley still have money?

Supposedly Tinsley did quite well for herself post-divorce settlement and she already came from a good rich family and worked in a top PR firm before then. She wrote a mildly successful novel and also scored tons of endorsement/designing deals around Asia when she was at the top of her It Girl social game in 2005-2010---I'm not sure if those are still going for her, but she had a huge Japanese following at that time, along with fellow socialite Olivia Palermo(("Gossip Girl" had just started showing there to huge success, and the Japanese therefore became obsessed with the Manhattan socialite scene)). She's been living down in Palm Beach, FL for the past few years and that's quite a posh area, so I'm assuming she's doing okay still, despite her embarrassing recent legal battles/fall from grace. 

Tinsley was just on IG gushing about being so grateful to be back in the Big Apple again, so it wouldn't surprise me that she and Sonja have teamed up---talk about the perfect duo, actually. I'm sure Sonja desperately tried to befriend Tinsley back when Tins was quite literally the toast of the town, so she must be beside herself with giddiness to be in her circle now, a circle also filled with fabulous gay men and drunken single weirdos. All the better if they team up to make Ramona miserable and come up with their own new caburlesque routines. I cannot wait!

• Love 10

I hope her being back in the public eye doesn't cause unsuspecting people to buy the book she wrote a couple of yrs back, Southern Charm.  What a piece of trash.  A total rip off of The Devil Wears Prada, but done very, very bad.  I love reading, loved TDWP, but couldn't WAIT to finish Southern Charm!  The back of the book says it's about Tinsley's (that name!) own life..... What a waste of a life.  Not looking forward to her being on the show. But then I've not looked forward to several additions over the years on the Housewives' shows and ended up loving them, so I'll wait and see...

• Love 3

Carole's publicist is Lizzie Grubman. She must be the one booking her all these low rent events like car dealership openings. Carole was in town for the groundbreaking of a currency exchange recently and on wgn morning news (which is local morning show on a whopping 5 hrs so airs non news like viral videos, funny Facebook posts, tweets, banter filler, and weather and traffic on repeat)

during her interview she said the show was like a documentary and she's paid to have fun, for instance she's best friends w Bethenny Frankel The Skinny Girl and it's great cuz they're wild single gals in the city and also the same size so share clothes. 

• Love 2

I'm so bored by Carole and Bethany that I'm going to have a hard time tuning in.  Although I know I will just to check in with Luanne and Sonja and to see if the new girl brings anything of interest to the table.  I hope it's good. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 10

Bethenny's snap feed indicates they had a big Bravo photo shoot yesterday.  Then today the tabloids had pics of Dorinda grabbing a cig in a white jumpsuit with some serious boobage.  So we're getting close.  I'm wondering who ends up in the center.  I want some tabloid fodder on the drama.

• Love 3

My guess is if the schedule is anything like last year it will be on in April.  If they manage to finish filming by years' end they could be back sooner.  I would think they would take an actual trip this year and that would be in January.  Who knows maybe the whole cast will follow Tom and Luann on their honeymoon. ;-)Atlanta drags on forever and it is not unheard of to have three RH shows on at once, but that leaves the ever rating dropping RHONJ and OC as the heavy lifters for summer and fall.  Dallas and Potomac have been filming so they have to be worked in as well.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Carole's publicist is Lizzie Grubman. She must be the one booking her all these low rent events like car dealership openings. Carole was in town for the groundbreaking of a currency exchange recently and on wgn morning news (which is local morning show on a whopping 5 hrs so airs non news like viral videos, funny Facebook posts, tweets, banter filler, and weather and traffic on repeat)

during her interview she said the show was like a documentary and she's paid to have fun, for instance she's best friends w Bethenny Frankel The Skinny Girl and it's great cuz they're wild single gals in the city and also the same size so share clothes. 

Lizzie Grubman deliberately ran her car into a group of people after she was refused entrance to a club. She called the people white trash and some were seriously injured (broken pelvises etc). She is trash so it's no suprise that Carole associates with her.

• Love 7

It happened 15 or 16 years ago. Hopefully she has become a better person than she was back then. She could be better, she could be worse, she could be the same, who knows. But I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not sure why the idea of Grubman joining the show has been floating around. Given that Carole is a client of hers, that could lead to all sorts of awkwardness if were to join the show. Then again, Andy might like the drama that could create...

• Love 2
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't know if the tweet from Bethenny is really confirmation Sonja and Bethenny are spending New Years' Eve in Gstaad but this article is full of speculation.   http://www.allabouttrh.com/2016/11/29/bethenny-frankel-plus-ramona-singer-stand/

It seems Sonja is picking up her glass again and coming back really strong-which means she will be offensive as all get out trying to outdo Bethenny.

I see Bethenny and Sonja targeting Dorinda!

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Dorinda is harmless-Sonja just doesn't like the idea that Dorinda was actually successful and is set for life.

I agree Dorinda is basically harmless but Sonja still blames her for not getting invited to the Berkshires last season and she saw Bethenny/Dorinda butt heads at the reunion, so I think Sonja will go after Dorinda with Bethenny's help and blessing. Now, where will that leave Ramona? Will she be included in the Bethenny circle or will she try to float between the Dorinda/Luann circle and Bethenny's? Oh, and where will the newbie fit in?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I agree Dorinda is basically harmless but Sonja still blames her for not getting invited to the Berkshires last season and she saw Bethenny/Dorinda butt heads at the reunion, so I think Sonja will go after Dorinda with Bethenny's help and blessing. Now, where will that leave Ramona? Will she be included in the Bethenny circle or will she try to float between the Dorinda/Luann circle and Bethenny's? Oh, and where will the newbie fit in?

I  believe season after season Sonja has gotten a pass for essentially being a snob.  She always talks down about the other women and she is always a sympathetic drunk, bankrupt, good time girl.  She was having nothing to do with Ramona after the Reunion, talked up going to Luann's wedding and did a bizarre show up at the shower, totally degraded Luann and Tom's relationship and Bethenny has never been a friend to Sonja.  Betehnny thought last season the hysteria was with Ramona wearing macramé dresses.  It is like a countdown until Sonja oversteps or overdrinks and Bethenny and Carole will feign concern, with Ramona piling on-because Ramona is the one with a zero storyline.  Sonja needs a job and knows how to play these ladies-until they turn their backs on her.

Dorinda had a good point-Sonja missed out on a filming opportunity that took place between 4 pm and 11 am -with time out for sleep.  Sonja had her make up time with Bethenny.  I actually wish Sonja would have gone and Bthenny would have unleashed her wrath on drunk Sonja, buried her ass and spared Luann.  Dorinda did Sonja a huge favor.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

I agree compleltely.  I wonder if will Carole join in or will Bethenny turn against her too?

So far, Bethenny and Carole are still close friends.

3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

No surprise here. I think by this time only the words these women speak is all theirs, everything else is set up/staged. LOL

• Love 2

With TM joining the cast, I may be tempted to tune in again. From what I understand, she's legit rich and not RH rich (it seems that it always comes out that they are filing for bankruptcy or barely making ends meet). I'd like less drama and more of a peek into lavish lives.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

With TM joining the cast, I may be tempted to tune in again. From what I understand, she's legit rich and not RH rich (it seems that it always comes out that they are filing for bankruptcy or barely making ends meet). I'd like less drama and more of a peek into lavish lives.

I don't think that's true.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

That sounds more like she had a social downfall rather than a monetary one.

Quote from the article:

But, as New York Social Diary creator David Patrick Columbia points out: “The problem with Palm Beach is that it’s too much money, and if you don’t have it, you’re nobody. And that’s tricky for a pretty girl like Tinsley.”

Mortimer — who grew up well, but not with the billions of her new neighbors — tried to adapt to life out of the public eye, ditching her Oscar de la Renta gowns and black-tie balls for a day job planning events for a tax company called Engineered Tax Services.

Also, several other articles about her living off her boyfriend.

• Love 1

Whether or not you think Tinsley has "real money" depends on your definition of the term. She graduated from Lawrenceville and Columbia. I'd say her upbringing was likely most comparable to that of Aviva. However, even during her ascendancy, she was derided as a "rug salesman's" daughter in New York - one of her daddy's ventures included a business inherited from his own father that originally provided cleaning services for said home décor wares (I know, I know - how does this family ever leave their houses with a provenance like that?).

The ex-husband from whom she derives her surname is the great-grandson of a Standard Oil president. Tinz also had a broad array of fashion and cosmetics ambassadorships going when she started publicly stepping out on Topper with some Slavic prince (not the Palm Beach guy whose home she burglarized) so who knows how many breadcrumbs she multiplied from those forays.

Most importantly, she is a) tough and b) messy as hell. Anyone who caught her mom and sis on High Society is familiar with the nature of her family but, for those who didn't watch that show, let's just say her dad got blackout drunk a few years back and ended up being shuffled to the altar by his slampiece of the day. He proceeded to unabashedly chuckle to the NY Post know afterward that the license wasn't "worth the paper it was printed on" because he was inebriated and also, I believe, already married.

Back when she was queen of the social scene, Olivia Palermo (who has ended up enjoying a much lengthier career as a style maven) showed up in the city as a 20-year-old kid and somehow a bizarre feud erupted between her and Tinz that purportedly included Tinz bodychecking Olivia at a charity fashion show.

All of which is to say that I have no idea how mentally fragile she might be these days but homegirl clearly once knew how to claw her way to the top of a heap of catty bitches. I hope she relaunches her fashion and beauty branding, expands into premade bottled cocktails, and comes like a maniac for B.

Also of note: Plum Sykes's novel The Debutante Divorcee featured a protagonist based on Tinsley and Lauren Santo Domingo. Interesting comparison to see how those two followed diametrically opposite trajectories with the former crashing and burning so spectacularly and the latter shedding her party-girl reputation to land a billionaire and helm a lasting fashion empire.

• Love 4

Oh the Tinz vs. Olivia battle was such a great Manhattan society soap opera. It was classic "All About Eve"-style stuff, with the younger and prettier new socialite in town gradually overtaking the grand dame of the scene; the local press loved to play up a possible feud. There was even a huge stink about a now defunct website known as Social Rank that supposedly posted a false email of Olivia Palermo sent to Tinsley and all the other socialites in town, hilariously begging for their forgiveness and friendship((Olivia issued a lawsuit against the site for that email, which she vehemently denied ever writing))--they were constantly pitting their heroine Tinsley against her conniving evil upstart Olivia.

Its interesting how Olivia is now a hugely successful model/style media mogul with a fairytale marriage and dozens of partnerships and major campaigns/design collaborations under her belt, while Tinsley has had such a spectacular fall from grace and is now desperately struggling for relevance on a Bravo reality show. And I totally see her starting a Kelly Bensimon-style whackadoodle feud with Bethenny((especially since Tinsley and Kelly are old friends)), acting like she's so above her in her fabulosity fashion crowd and rubbing Bethenny in all the wrong places. 

• Love 1

And I totally see her starting a Kelly Bensimon-style whackadoodle feud with Bethenny((especially since Tinsley and Kelly are old friends)), acting like she's so above her in her fabulosity fashion crowd and rubbing Bethenny in all the wrong places. 

I'm sure it just grates on poor Tinsley's last fancy nerve that Bethenny's twitter/insta/snap is just nothing but helicopter to the Hamptons, weekends in Aspen, shopping for multi million dollar penthouses.  This will be good.  It will also be good now that Bethenny is up here and Tinsley is down there.  I mean if she came for me I would just make sure to have a copy of her mug shot handy.

• Love 1

Why do I have the feeling that this Tinsley M was added to the show to make Bethenny look less nasty/vicious/aggressive if all these reports about her still reflect her personality?

Is there any press on Tinsley having a prior friendship with any of the current group?  That might be why she was brought in, shake it up.  Everyone will be vying for her vote.  This is going to be just like Survivor with Tinsley being the swing vote.  I'm excited.

1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Is there any press on Tinsley having a prior friendship with any of the current group?  That might be why she was brought in, shake it up.  Everyone will be vying for her vote.  This is going to be just like Survivor with Tinsley being the swing vote.  I'm excited.

I think they will bring her in via Sonja, she is staying at her Sonja's house, but I'm not sure they knew each other or were friends before Tinsley joined the show this season. So far I haven't read of any connection or friendships between Tinsley and the current cast.