Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Changelings

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Senna said:

(but for some reason he couldn't just ask her to read a spell?

He also needed a baby as bait (and possibly would have actually given it to the Black Fairy if she had answered his questions), which Belle wouldn't have gone along with.

20 hours ago, Jul 68 said:

However, it also resulted in the EQ having the ability to change history.

Which is supposed to be one of the things genies can't do. They made a big deal of that on Once-Wonderland. Maybe it will be a pocket dimension and not count.

I'm glad the Black Fairy mother reveal was not spoiled by any of the previews. I didn't see it coming till Rumple said it.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness

I don't consider myself a prude by any standard, but the accelerated pregnancy (complete with sound effects!) was pretty grotesque--particularly for a family show. They could also stand to go easier on the villainesses dressed as dominatrixes, but I'll pick my battles.

I don't mind the Aladdin/Jasmine story, I just don't think it's getting enough screen time to develop. Which is a shame, since the Charming/Snow curse is a complete waste of airtime.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

I was reading an article about what makes someone entitled or a narcissist. Demanding forgiveness for yourself but not giving it to others was one of the key signs you had a superiority complex.

This is how the writers wanted us to react to this episode:
"Wait... Rumple didn't accelerate Belle's pregnancy? Awww! He really is a human!"
"OMG! Rumple's mom is the Black Fairy?! I am totally floored! That explains everything!"
"Aw, Zelena and Regina still have issues. Regina is right to be angry over Robin, but I hope they resolve their differences some day!"
"Poor Belle. I hope she and Rumple can get back together so they can happily parent Gideon."
"OMG! Emma found the sword from her vision in Gold's shop! What could it mean?!?!?!"

I'm sad they never mentioned Jack and Jill by name. That makes them just random peasants in the canon.

For as many pregnancies as there are on this show, the writers don't seem to care about them very much. They have to accelerate each one, then after that, the babies are shoved off to the side. Babies are only there to create temporary drama. Lost took much more advantage of Aaron over the course of its entire run. He was just a plot device, but a well-utilized one. Claire's birth > Belle's.

Belle's dreamscape was really dumb. "The Manual on Defeating the Dark One"? "Follow the Strand"? Really? Of all the crazy avenues you could go with inside the mind, the writers chose the most phoned-in route possible. 

I'm sure Emilie appreciates not having to say "MY BEHHHHEEYYY-BBBBBBB" for seasons on end.  

48 minutes ago, LaChavalina said:

Which is a shame, since the Charming/Snow curse is a complete waste of airtime.

I actually think the Charming/Snow curse has produced some of the more heart felt scenes that they have had in awhile.

• Love 3

On a related note, I wonder how Beverly Elliot feels about all these episodes where she has no or one or two lines.  

On one hand, she's getting for bare bones.  But on the other as an actor that must be frustrating.

• Love 1

I'll rather watch "A Day in the Life of Granny" than this boring mess.

Heck, I'll rather spend the next episode watching Blue try to set up house with Flora, Fauna and Merriweather, Cinderella's Fairy Godmother and the baby.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 9

Fair warning: I haven't read the other comments so as not to spoil myself.  However, after having seen the episode, maybe I should have skipped it and just read the comments.  [sigh].  Advance apologies for any redundancy:

• Aladdin is all kinds of stupid for putting on the genie bracelets himself.  Hey, here's a thought: squid ink Rumple then slap the bracelets on him.  Two problems solved: the Rumple problem AND you still get to make your wish to find Agrabah.  Oh, and I don't know - maybe someone could wish for a cure for the Snowing sleeping curse too.  
  • That was actually a good 'twist' (And Oh, how I hate to use that word, knowing that the show runners love it.) that the Black Fairy was Gold's mother.  Huh.  How did Peter Pan ever hook up with the Black Fairy before Neverland?  Course, who the father was is probably why she took off.
  • Morpheus/Gideon been taking clue giving lessons from Merlin or what?  None of them made any sense to me.  
  • Lemme get this straight: Regina - the HERO who has slaughtered THOUSANDS in cold blood and been granted forgiveness from her victims - can't forgive her sister for Robin's death, for which Zelena wasn't directly responsible.  Yep.  That's a redeemed hero right there.  I only hope this is some of that Jekyll/Hyde business where the one they thought was 'good' was actually bad.  That's the only thing that would make that palatable.  Because otherwise, there is no hope for Regina whatsoever and she should just stop pretending now.

I don't know - before I watched this, I very briefly reviewed all the previous episodes.   I've seen comments about how this season was all over the place and directionless - and while to an extent I agreed with them, I also kept thinking that maybe I was just missing something and there really was an overall arc or common thread...or something.  But after my review of what has happened thus far, and then watching this episode tonight, I can't pretend any longer.  (See how it's done, Regina?)  This season makes absolutely no sense.  I am not excited about the rest of the season at all.  And barely even interested in it, tbh.  

Edited by RulerofallIsurvey
weird random spaces that won't go away.
  • Love 9

The Aladdin thing seems dumb because we have absolutely no idea what happened to Agrabah.  Aladdin apparently knows since he thinks it's all his fault, and Jasmine would presumably know something as well, but none of it is revealed to the audience.  How are we supposed to understand (or relate to) a crisis which is so undefined?  How exactly is a Genie granting wishes supposed to help?  Just to "find" Agrabah?   Isn't there some other place to start?  Who knows because we know precisely nothing about it.

• Love 4

They could have used the Apprentice wand or the slippers that Snow brought back with her when she left Oz to send dumb and dumber back to Agrabah. But nope, they needed a genie, so Aladdin is a genie. There! It's not like they don't have stuff that can help them cross realms, it's just PLOT!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

The Aladdin thing seems dumb because we have absolutely no idea what happened to Agrabah.  Aladdin apparently knows since he thinks it's all his fault, and Jasmine would presumably know something as well, but none of it is revealed to the audience.  How are we supposed to understand (or relate to) a crisis which is so undefined?  How exactly is a Genie granting wishes supposed to help?  Just to "find" Agrabah?   Isn't there some other place to start?  Who knows because we know precisely nothing about it.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but even Merida made more sense than these two idiots. At least Merida made me feel something--frustration, irritation, etc.. These two are a snore-fest. After Galavant, poor Karen David had to settle for--this??

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

He thinks it's his fault in the sense that he wasn't there when it happened. Neither of them knows where it disappeared to.

18 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

They could have used the Apprentice wand or the slippers that Snow brought back with her when she left Oz to send dumb and dumber back to Agrabah. But nope, they needed a genie, so Aladdin is a genie. There! It's not like they don't have stuff that can help them cross realms, it's just PLOT!

The problem is more than crossing realms. Agrabah vanished while Jasmine was on an excursion. It's probably hard to just travel to a place by slippers or wand when it's not in its usual place and you don't know what's happened to it. It might be inside a snowglobe.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but even Merida made more sense than these two idiots. At least Merida made me feel something--frustration, irritation, etc.. These two are a snore-fest. After Galavant, poor Karen David had to settle for--this??

Sometimes irritation is better than indifference. In some cases, I like a mixture of things that anger me and things that I can love. It makes it all more memorable. Aladdin and Jasmine are not worth remembering at all.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I enjoyed this episode! I really liked the black fairy, and was kind of annoyed at Belle's timing with the baby stealing.  Rumple must have already been in love with her because I would have strangled Belle after that.

Like others up thread, I don't understand why Zelena couldn't defeat Regina. I thought in the past it was only Regina's light magic that allowed her to win over Zelena. When it came to dark magic, I thought it was canon that Zelena was stronger?

(I'm going to fanwank this that originally Regina's good magic diluted her bad, thereby allowing Zelena's wickedness to make her dark magic stronger, but I still think Zelena should have given her more of fight, especially since her death would have left her daughter an orphan.)

Y'all, I'm sad. Emma used to be my favorite character, but who is this woman who now calls herself Emma?  I miss the pre-Dark One Emma who still had energy. I'm not sure I fully understand why the current Emma has lost so much of her spark but she mopes around looking frail and sickly all the time, and it is slowly driving me insane. I kept thinking she'd snap out of it but it's lasted so long now I'm starting to think it is intentional and permanent. Wtf?

I don't mind the Aladdin/Jasmine story, I just don't think it's getting enough screen time to develop. Which is a shame, since the Charming/Snow curse is a complete waste of airtime.

OMG. What does it say about the Charming/Snow curse, that I've watched this episode twice now and totally forgot it existed?

Edited by Blue Girl
7 hours ago, tri4335 said:

So now that we know that Henry is 1/4 fairy, if we all stop believing in him, would he lose his wings and die?  And am I the only one wanting to see Rumple sprout a pair of wings and flutter about?

Henry is only 1/8 fairy.  The Black Fairy is his paternal great-grandmother.  His paternal grandmother was Rumpel's first wife Millah.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Camera One said:

I'll rather watch "A Day in the Life of Granny" than this boring mess.

Heck, I'll rather spend the next episode watching Blue try to set up house with Flora, Fauna and Merriweather, Cinderella's Fairy Godmother and the baby.

Forget Cinderella's Fairy Godmother.  Rumpel murdered her in cold blood for her wand in front of Cinderella herself.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Henry is only 1/8 fairy.  The Black Fairy is his paternal great-grandmother.  His paternal grandmother was Rumpel's first wife Millah.

But does that negate the effects of non-believe!!! :-P

2 minutes ago, tri4335 said:

But does that negate the effects of non-believe!!! :-P

I doubt it, since it doesn't have any effect on his half-fairy paternal grandfather, nor would it have had any effect on his 1/4-fairy father had the latter not accidentally killed himself.

• Love 1

I finally got around to watching this episode. It wasn't great, but I've seen worse. One thing that really hit me was just how soap-y it was. Once has always been a soap, but this was the first time I really felt like I was watching Days of Our Lives fairy tale style. Back in the day, Passions had a story line where the devil took over a house and had child hostages and the people trying to save the kids were fighting fireball throwing demons and attack bats, so it's not like Once is even breaking ground here. I also feel like Rumpel is Victor Newman here. Victor has been a villain for decades and he still seems to come out ahead. He may have setbacks, but nothing long term and he never really changes. It's really damn annoying.

Some notes:

- Why is Snow grading papers and teaching instead of looking for a way to end the Snowing curse or helping her daughter with the whole Saviour death sentence thing or giving Belle some moral support? At the very least, if Emma is going to die, shouldn't she be spending some time with her before it happens? Also, good job on the whole genie thing, Snow.

- Rumpel: No one knows anything about my pain.  Me: Is it anything like the pain I experience hearing you whine about your sad little life? Suck it up. Or just die. That would solve both of our pain issues.

- The Black Fairy is awesome. Can we trade her for the Evil Queen?

- Gideon is so totally shady. That whole thing was creepy and awful. What baby would actively work to make his loving mother give him to a shady fairy?

- How many outfits/hairstyles did the Evil Queen have this episode?

- I try not to discuss Regina anymore in my notes because the less said the better, but I can't do that this time. What the hell was that? Regina is seriously the most entitled bitch ever. Of course, she answered Zelena and the audience's questions about how come she gets forgiveness and redemption, but no one else is afforded that. "You're not me." Exactly. Zelena needs to have a chat with Hook about how giving up your home, your way of life and even your very life aren't enough. Unless you're Regina, then you don't even have to apologize.  

- And finally, Rumpel gave us another fine message from the writers: "You'd do best to stop asking so many questions."

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 11

It's weird that the Black Fairy has been this huge question mark on the show for three seasons now, yet the "big reveal" that she's Rumple's mom didn't leave a huge impression on me. It was just kind of like...I don't know...half expected, half "why are you introducing this now, don't we have a million other plots we should finish up first before we introduce a potentially awesome Big Bad Villain?"

I'm at the point where I really, really, REALLY need this show to get renewed for a seventh season, because I refuse to let this dreadful season be their final one. Every episode has been so random, and the only connecting factor is the repetitive Evil Queen scene chewing, so I might actually cry if this was what A&E envisioned as their final victory lap.

Also, where is Jafar??? I wanted to watch Oded Fehr every week, not this snooze fest Jasmine/Aladdin plot we've gotten instead. I 100% guarantee this season wouldn't be so boring or random if the setting was entirely in Agrabah. At least we could have had pretty costumes to look at every week to distract us from the mediocre writing.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Blue Girl said:

I'm not sure I fully understand why the current Emma has lost so much of her spark but she mopes around looking frail and sickly all the time, and it is slowly driving me insane.

...because she's slowly being driven insane by visions of her impending death? Clearly it's also having a physical effect (hand shakes, weakness/collapsing in this ep), ergo 'sickly'. There are a lot of things that don't make sense on this show, but being visibly affected when haunted by your own mortality isn't one of them to me.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

These two are a snore-fest.

And it sucks because the movie versions of Aladdin and Jasmine had plenty of personality and spunk, but these guys? They have nothing. They dont seem to be all that connected to each other, beyond Jasmine feeling like she has obligations to get Aladdin to get it together and do...something. Not only is the whole Savior thing really poorly defined, but so are Aladdin and Jasmine, who are supposed to be moving that whole story line forward. 

• Love 5
On 11/27/2016 at 11:31 PM, Shanna Marie said:

Every time someone on this show says "hero," I find myself thinking "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." I've known people who count as heroes -- men who were on the beach in D-Day, men who were on the beach at Iwo Jima, men who were in POW camps in Vietnam and helped keep other prisoners alive and their spirits up. The thing about these people is that they don't talk about what great heroes they are. They never use that word and get embarrassed when other people use it. They don't think about what they did as being heroic. They merely thought it was what had to be done at the time. Anyone who went into a situation like that wanting to be a hero was a liability because they were being selfish, looking for personal glory, putting others in danger or putting the mission in jeopardy. So, anyone calling themselves a hero really isn't one. You say it's the right thing to do, not that you're doing it because you're a or want to be a hero.

^^THIS.  So Many Times This.  I wish I could like this over and over and over and over.... 

20 hours ago, iMonrey said:

But now we learn his mother was the Black Fairy? Huh? So he was half fairy at birth? Shouldn't he have had some kind of powers himself, even before he became the Dark One?

I was wondering the same thing.  And what about Bae?  Shouldn't he have also had some kind of powers/abilities, even just being 1/4 fairy?  But instead, he wanted to destroy all magic - which, would that have also resulted in his own death?

15 hours ago, Randomosity said:

Because Killian is pretty?

That's pretty much my only reason at this point.

11 hours ago, Blue Girl said:

I miss the pre-Dark One Emma who still had energy. I'm not sure I fully understand why the current Emma has lost so much of her spark but she mopes around looking frail and sickly all the time, and it is slowly driving me insane. I kept thinking she'd snap out of it but it's lasted so long now I'm starting to think it is intentional and permanent. Wtf?

I'm not sure the sickly look can be wholly attributed to just stress/worry about her visions.  But that's probably what the show is going for.   I'm getting tired of it too.  Even with the visions, for someone who just came back from the Underworld, defeated Hades, and got her True Love back from Death, I think she should have a little more spark myself.   She did all that, which is nothing short of INCREDIBLE, but a vision of what might happen has her all mopey.  Okay.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

She did all that, which is nothing short of INCREDIBLE, but a vision of what might happen has her all mopey.  Okay.

I do think it's silly of her to believe those visions. But--it would make anyone mopey to win a great battle, only to find out that another powerful kingdom is upon them. 

2 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

But--it would make anyone mopey to win a great battle, only to find out that another powerful kingdom is upon them. 

Perhaps.  But not for long.  Isn't that exactly what often happens in the real world?  Like all those real heroes @Shanna Marie talked about.  What would they do?  Put on their battle gear get down to business.  You don't have time to mope when you're busy doing what needs to be done.  

• Love 1

I feel like Hook represents the audience and Emma represents the writers with this whole Savior nonsense.

"So, that's the sword that supposedly killed you?"
"It will kill me! It will."
"Okay, okay, luv. But, I mean, it hasn't..."
"But it will."
"Are these visions still bothering you? Really?"
"Yes, because it's totally going to happen."
"You know, if the shears are still around, we can just cut your fate and you can still be an awesome person without having the title of Sav..."
"Shhh, you're not allowed to say that."
"I've died before. It's not all that bad. In fact, we haven't even mentioned my death once this season."
"Wait, you died?"

Edited by Curio
  • Love 9

Good God has this show become really, really stupid...almost as stupid as Snow...( I feel sorry for the actress to mouth those lines..)

I really hate that the writers are basically saying that evil is power...(as opposed to S2 when Emma won over Cora in protecting her Mom by saying Love is power...) The EQ can beat Zelena as now Zelena is not an all out EVIL..so she is weak...The Blue Fairy, shady as she is, was supposed to be the highest power of all in S1, and she is ineffectual against Rump and she needs Regina to reverse the other fairy's age spell...(coudn't they just leave Regina out of it for a change...) Emma is now weak and ineffectual with a shaking hand thing...(why didn't she go and protect Belle when Rump went after her..all she did was stand around and talk to Hook.)  I seriously wanted to see Zelena get up and kick EQ's butt, simply based on having a kid to protect...."I don't need my dark magic you dumb b*tch...I have someone I love to protect and I am going to live to raise her.." and having the EQ looked shocked that her dark magic is useless against that kind of power..they could have left Regina out of it period and then we wouldnt have had that really confusing speech. . 

For a show that they keep mouthing on as being about hope...they sure are sending the most bizarre message. Evil and anger is power...good people are stupid unless a quick fix falls in their lap, etc.

• Love 8

I feel like there were a lot of things I hated about this episode, though there were some good things too. But how about this gem of dialogue =>

Zelena: You've been forgiven! You've grown, you've changed!
Regina: You're not me.

Sorry, girl, guess there's no such thing as a Zelena Exception Clause. I feel like that response was the truest thing Regina's ever said. Zelena is not Regina, therefore she's not worthy of forgiveness. Stunningly, the one thing she's not responsible for is the thing Regina is not forgiving her for, because it's a thing that affects Regina tangentially. This has nothing to do with Zelena's status as a "hero" or a "villain"--it's purely about what hurt Regina, so there shouldn't be a need for her to grow and change anyway. I hate this show for making me choose one murdering rapist versus another, but of course I have to balk at the suggestion that Regina is the better sister, especially when Zelena has forgiven Regina already. She looked like a child on Christmas morning when Regina came to save her and was totally ready to bury the hatchet, even admitting to her own part in it first. As usual, people have to come groveling to Regina, and even then she doesn't accept it.

Did it feel gross to anyone else that Gina (sorry, I like it better when characters have names, and everyone in-show calling her "the Evil Queen" in order to avoid calling her Regina is wearing thin) turned on a dime to kill her own sister because Rumpel sent her to do so? So neither version of her wants anything to do with Zelena? I thought it was telling that Regina referred to stopping Gina as sparing Zelena's life rather than saving it. I also thought it was weird that Zelena couldn't defend herself. Also, is Gina an idiot? Why would you double-cross the Dark One and then do an endzone dance in his face? Regina's always been petty, but I don't think she's a complete fool.

• Love 7

coudn't they just leave Regina out of it for a change...

I think you just gave A&E a heart attack.

For a show that they keep mouthing on as being about hope...they sure are sending the most bizarre message. Evil and anger is power...good people are stupid unless a quick fix falls in their lap, etc.

Hope and love is definitely way more powerful than evil and anger...for two episodes a season. From approximately episodes 1–10, #TeamLove is totally useless and mope around all the time while #TeamEvil laugh maniacally and have all the power. Repeat this process from episodes 12–21. Episodes 11 and 22 will give the heroes a brief win and 30 seconds of bliss before things go to shit again. 

Edited by Curio
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, DigitalCount said:

I hate this show for making me choose one murdering rapist versus another, but of course I have to balk at the suggestion that Regina is the better sister, especially when Zelena has forgiven Regina already. 

I feel ya. I don't particularly like Zelena, but I do find her entertaining a lot of times. But it's the blatant hypocrisy and double-standards that tips the balance in favor of Zelena when it comes down to choosing between the sisters. Regina has never responded like Zelena whenever Emma or Snow saved her ass despite the crazy she pulled on them. Zelena was remorseful and apologetic. Plus the fact that the supposedly "good" Regina made this speech when not in the grip of fresh grief is rather telling. She coldly and calculatedly decided to never forgive Zelena. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, DigitalCount said:

Did it feel gross to anyone else that Gina (sorry, I like it better when characters have names, and everyone in-show calling her "the Evil Queen" in order to avoid calling her Regina is wearing thin) turned on a dime to kill her own sister because Rumpel sent her to do so? So neither version of her wants anything to do with Zelena?.

LOL. "Gina," would be hilarious if someone referred to that ridiculous "entity" that way! But "Gina" actually was hesitant to kill Zelena, but she did it all for a "man." Now another stupid message that this show sends out....I mean, really, every powerful woman on this show, besides Emma and Ingrid, had the hots for him? And now the formally cold ruthless selfish EQ is going around killing people so that a boy would like her? WTH show..and we are supposed to think she is supposed to be some scary uber villain???

Tell me why we lost Hyde for more rehashed blah from the EQ and Rumple? They are always so literal on this show, (like a physical  EQ and Zelena out and about at a salon..I mean, to borrow from Emma seriously show???) but it would have worked better that the EQ is a split entity but she is more like a ghost, not able to do anything in this world, at least at first, (especially since Regina squeezed her heart) so she needed Hyde to do her physical bidding. And since Hyde is immune to magic (did they ever explain this, if I lived in their freak world I would ask for a shot of that..) she could have used him to torture Rump a Dump...( instead of making out with him she should be wanting to string him up by his jewels...)  And with each nasty thought and deed from Regina ("Geez, Snow really hasnt lost the baby weight...I am going to drop by in a super tight outfit this afternoon.") she brings the EQ more to life.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mitch said:

Now another stupid message that this show sends out....I mean, really, every powerful woman on this show, besides Emma and Ingrid, had the hots for him? And now the formally cold ruthless selfish EQ is going around killing people so that a boy would like her?

It really calls into question Regina's so-called grief over Robin's death that her "evil" half is salivating over Rumple. Even in the past, the Evil Queen held on tightly to her grief over Daniel's death. That's why she didn't risk moving on with Robin, and kept her resentment against Snow alive. Are we to believe that if Rumple had given it up to her then, she would have forgotten about Daniel, as she seems to have forgotten both Daniel and Robin now? Rumple told her in the episode that she was his pawn--that's what she's always been to him. And Regina has always known that. So, the fact that she was idiotic enough to believe he would forget Belle for her makes zero sense. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

It really calls into question Regina's so-called grief over Robin's death that her "evil" half is salivating over Rumple. Even in the past, the Evil Queen held on tightly to her grief over Daniel's death. That's why she didn't risk moving on with Robin, and kept her resentment against Snow alive. Are we to believe that if Rumple had given it up to her then, she would have forgotten about Daniel, as she seems to have forgotten both Daniel and Robin now? Rumple told her in the episode that she was his pawn--that's what she's always been to him. And Regina has always known that. So, the fact that she was idiotic enough to believe he would forget Belle for her makes zero sense. 

The only thing more disgusting and unbelievable would be the EQ making out with Leroy and telling everyone that she and Grumpy always had "chemistry"!

• Love 1
On 11/27/2016 at 9:31 PM, maraleia said:

Again why are most of us here still watching this show?

The last episode I watched was S06.E07. From everything I've read about the past two episodes, I haven't missed much.
I loved Karen as Princess Isabella.  I think watching her as Jasmine would be a disservice to the actress.  Same with Jaime Murray.

20 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

They also stand to go easier on the villainesses dressed as dominatrixes, but I'll pick my battles.

Whaaaaat?  You want to destroy the band "The Cleavage of Evil"????  Heaany then.

16 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Forget Cinderella's Fairy Godmother.  Rumpel murdered her in cold blood for her wand in front of Cinderella herself.

She was played by a black actress.  Can't have any of those on this show!  (Y'know, like Black Fairy == black actress?  Nah, that's racist, amirite?)

On 11/28/2016 at 0:46 PM, kili said:

And Snow seems to have suffered a head injury. As far as she knows, the genie that her father freed went on to kill her father. Then, he went on to spy for the Evil Queen. On what planet does she decide that her father's history with genies is a good reason to let a genie out of a lamp? Good heavens. It's a good thing that Regina is the leader and not her. "The Soviets tried that experiment in Chernobyl, so we should totally try it as well." "We should be like the Trojans and accept all gifts unquestioningly." "The Mad Hatter uses mercury in his hats. Let's put it in babyfood!"

Does Snow the details of how Regina got the Genie to kill Leopold for her?  Because she said so casually that her father found a Genie's lamp once.  They don't even write these people as humans.  

• Love 2

Does Snow the details of how Regina got the Genie to kill Leopold for her?  Because she said so casually that her father found a Genie's lamp once.  They don't even write these people as humans.  

Sidney was the primary suspect due to the Agrabahn viper being what poisoned Leopold. He "disappeared" right after it happened, so I'm sure Snow could put the pieces together. She probably knew Sidney was involved without knowing Regina provided the snakes.

It's probably all in Henry's book too. That's how the characters are all-knowledgeable when the plot needs them to be.

Edited by KingOfHearts
12 hours ago, DigitalCount said:

Also, is Gina an idiot? Why would you double-cross the Dark One and then do an endzone dance in his face? Regina's always been petty, but I don't think she's a complete fool.

She's way too emboldened by the fact that he can't physically kill her. But there's nothing stopping him from killing Regina to kill her.

4 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Sidney was the primary suspect due to the Agrabahn viper being what poisoned Leopold. He "disappeared" right after it happened, so I'm sure Snow could put the pieces together. She probably knew Sidney was involved without knowing Regina provided the snakes.

She knows Regina is responsible; in a past episode she said, "You took my father away."

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

I totally don't remember him in that scene at all! lol

His plaid clothing blended in with the wall.  I remember being surprised he was allowed to be alone with his grandmother... not that they spoke a word to each other but still...

• Love 1
On 11/28/2016 at 3:31 PM, Mrs. de Winter said:

I realize I am likely thinking about this far more than the writers, but Gideon continued to warm Belle about Rumple even though the EQ spiked the tea.  So was Gideon fooled too? 

Maybe. He didn't tell Belle anything she couldn't have pieced together from her own environment.

20 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Genie Expert #1 and #2 as well as #3 are dimwits.

Is Will Scarlet still in Storybrooke? Why didn't anyone bother to call him up and ask about his personal genie experience?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

I totally don't remember him in that scene at all! lol

I totally didn't remember him in that scene at all...I thought it was that new guy who said it...

This is one of the reasons the ratings are in the tank...does anyone really care about these two and Agrawhatever the hell it is? Why should the viewers care that another cheap looking CGI land is "missing," and how to get it back?  How does it effect the main characters? Its like they just are relying on Disney properties for people to be watched where in S1 they used those properties to create a central story.  If they created a story where Agrawhatever was the first realm to disappear, signalling the start of the destruction of all the magical realms, meaning SB is one of them,  and that the cause of it was something like the original curse which broke down walls between the realms, (meaning that Regina and Rump are responsible for this and they will die like everyone else) and all the magical realm hopping that has happened since Curse 1 broke...that might be interesting..but the writers would have to think their universe out.

Edited by Mitch
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Mitch said:

If they created a story where Agrawhatever was the first realm to disappear, signalling the start of the destruction of all the magical realms, meaning SB is one of them,  and that the cause of it was something like the original curse which broke down walls between the realms, (meaning that Regina and Rump are responsible for this and they will die like everyone else) and all the magical realm hopping that has happened since Curse 1 broke...that might be interesting..but the writers would have to think their universe out.

See, this actually sounds cool. So, of course, it will never happen on the show.

• Love 2

Mitch's scenario would actually make Agrabah relevant.  I mean, they haven't even bothered to create a personal connection.  Is Jasmine's father missing?  Is that why she's so intent on finding Agrabah?  Right now, we don't know because they just have her parroting the same line over and over.  In the diner, they were talking about how before the "Princess" wasn't confident enough to be a hero, and then it's Aladdin who offers to become The Genie?  The character motivations and subplot are so threadbare.   

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 6