Type keyword(s) to search

Politics in Entertainment

British singer Rebecca Ferguson (she was on The X Factor in the UK) says she'll sing at Trump's inauguration, under 1 condition: She has to be allowed to sing a song called Strange Fruit. Why that song is explained in the linked article (it sounds kind of like she thinks it speaks to/about those Trump's administration threatens to disenfranchise/disenfranchise further).

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/rebecca-ferguson-trump-inauguration-strange-fruit-1201951091/

• Love 8
9 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Why that song is explained

That someone wouldn't know the significance of Strange Fruit makes me sad, but then I realize how old it is, that Billie Holiday (or Nina Simone) don't exactly get radio play these days, and how protest songs have gone the way of the Dodo, and I check myself.  It's cool that this may introduce the song to a new audience.

Come to think of it, since Trump is probably among those unfamiliar with the song, she should have skipped the explanation.  Then he'd have been all excited to have actually found someone else willing to perform, and agreed.  Surprise, Donald! 

• Love 7

A tweet from Funny Or Die co-founder/The Big Short director Adam McKay:

Liberal Hollywood sucks! Give Trump (The Apprentice) & Rep. [Sean] Duffy (The Real World) a chance to realize Reagan's (Bedtime For Bonzo) vision!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Country music acts Big & Rich & Cowboy Troy are slated to perform at Trump's Pre-inaugural gala on January 19th. The "Rich" part of Big & Rich is country singer John Rich, who won The Celebrity Apprentice in 2011.

http://people.com/music/big-rich-cowboy-troy-to-perform-at-trumps-pre-inaugural-gala/?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

I bet NeNe Leakes wishes she hadn't quit her Apprentice season.

She could use some cash but I would guess that quitters are as bad as losers in TrumpLand.

Charles Blow was recommending not watching any inaugural events as a way to send a message to media but I might have to click over every now and then just laugh at the pathetic little parade.

He can pay people to fill a ballroom for his pathetic litttle balls but probably not to line the aves.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, NewDigs said:

He can pay people to fill a ballroom for his pathetic litttle balls but probably not to line the aves.

He can pay someone to fondle his pathetic little balls, too, but the Botox bills for obliterating all expressions of disgust are HUUUUGE.

• Love 3