Type keyword(s) to search

S15: Final 6 Collections and predict the winner

alexceh
  • Start Topic

After a double elimination of Dexter and Nathalia on last night episodes It safe to say that the final 6 runway collections belongs to Erin, Roberi, Cornelius, Rik, Laurence & Mah-Jing.

The New York fashion week this year was filmed the day before season premier and the collections has been posted on several website back then. I think is a perfect time now for us to deliberate each collections and predict who will be crown as the winner.

Collection 1: Love the simplicity of the collection but not wowed.

Collection 2: Beautiful textile and very basic silhouettes.

Collection 3: Just blah and boring in my eyes. However its pretty on trend.

Collection 4: Love it and something I haven't see in a project runway fashion week.

Collection 5: Odd combination & beautiful movement for some of the pieces.

Collection 6: Very cool and like how he/she styles the models. Ready to wear than high fashion but still one of my favorite out of all these.

I bet collection 2 and 3 are the decoy collections and to be honest both of these collection's garment is what we saw on last night episode. Just not enough creativity and repetitive. More importantly it doesn't show any range.

The rest I kinda like it in fact each collection looks very different from one and another. These designers seems to have a clear point of view.

Overall much much better than season 14 tackiest four or the season before IMO. Who do you think should be the winner? Share your thoughts.

• Love 1

Collection 1: Boring. Sorry to say it because what she produced this season, particularly the black silk/leather dress, was very good. Maybe she burned out?

Collection 2: Ugly -- I want to like it because I find him likable, but I can't.

Collection 3: Uglier. High marks twice, combine the two to make a collection?

Collection 4: Delpozo (thank you Tom & Lorenzo!) Note the sleeve treatment.

Collection 5: Interesting and agree that it looks a lot better in motion. One of my favorite designers this season.

Collection 6: Wearable. So happy he won the $50k along with his mom (I suspect this was a consolation prize). My personal favorite is the short-sleeved denim dress -- love that print!

I think Erin will be taking home the win because deliberation always comes down to Creativity vs. Wear-ability (Nina vs. Heidi) and I believe it's Nina's turn to call the shots?

delpozoFall2016_sml.jpg

Do we know for sure who made which collection? Is it OK to name names in this thread? I mean, I'm pretty sure who did Collection 3, and I have an idea about some others, but I'm not as sure as Collection 3. That one is pretty obvious after the last episode.

Thanks, @aquarian1.

In that case, 3 is definitely Cornelius. The dresses look like the one he just did, with the X's from the emoji dress.

Is there anywhere to see still photos of all the looks? I found places that have a few of the looks, but not photos of every look in each collection.

Edited by auntlada
add question

Well here we go. The designer for each collections in particular order are Laurence - Mah-Jing - Cornelius - Erin - Roberi - Rik.

You could have a closer look of each garments from the collection on http://nymag.com/thecut/runway/2017/spring/new-york/rtw/project-runway/. 

I have to be honest who the hell would thought Mah-Jing and Cornelius could make it to top 6 ? None of their garments really stood out and mediocre at best as far as I concerned.

They got really lucky as they did well on the double eliminations challenge. They didn't really bring anything new to the table and get sliding by on the earlier episodes and It shown on how underwhelming their final collection are.

Edited by alexceh
  • Love 3

Well, I got Mah-Jing, Cornelius and Roberi right. I thought Erin's might be 4, but it was hard to tell in the video. With the photos, I can see Laurence in 1.

I hope Cornelius' wasn't a real collection. That was boring, and the fit was wonky. And what's with the curved seams that cut across the middle of the model's breasts (or just on top of them)? They look like he doesn't know where the breasts are.

Edited by auntlada
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, alexceh said:

Well here we go. The designer for each collections in particular order are Laurence - Mah-Jing - Cornelius - Erin - Roberi - Rik.

Those were my guesses. #1 is pretty but bland. I thought the third collection, Corny's, looked like a bread line forming in Russia. Again.  #4 looks like a picture of insanity. Again. #5 and #6 scare me, which is disappointing because I like those guys. Judges liked Roberi's AARP challenge dress so he made a bunch of them. Rik's looks like it should be followed up by a chimp on a scooter or something; I just don't get it. I'm ashamed to admit I like Mah Jing's. At least I understand it.  jmho and no offense to those who feel otherwise.

I could live with Laurance winning. Her taste is never horrifying and I guess real people could wear them. Come back, Swapnil!  

Edited by Kareem
Forgot to add a weener.
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, auntlada said:

Thanks, @aquarian1.

In that case, 3 is definitely Cornelius. The dresses look like the one he just did, with the X's from the emoji dress.

Is there anywhere to see still photos of all the looks? I found places that have a few of the looks, but not photos of every look in each collection.

Yes -- it's the same site, gettyimages.com. To save search time, enter project runway new york fashion week september 2016. There are several still shots, none of which are organized by collection and may not be complete, but at least you can see them close up.

• Love 1

I guessed Mah-Jing's, Cornelius', Erin's, and Roberi's, but #6 threw me off with all that denim, and I kept looking for black/leather for Laurence's collection and failed to find it. Interesting that she went with cream & earth tones for her collection. I kind of thought those big shoulders on her 5th jacket might be hers though.

I'm really underwhelmed by most of these. Erin's is a crazy mish-mash of tackiness. I hope hers doesn't win. Cornelius' has the most cohesiveness, but not a lot of creativity or imagination. Roberi's is far and away my favorite.

Edited by gingerandcloves
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

Nina totally looks like she's laughing at Heidi's outfit :D

As well she should.  It looks like something one of her kids had left over from Halloween.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

And Heidi's like, "What?! What's the problem??"

Gee, I kind of feel the same.  At least Heidi looks like she's having fun in her clothes and not pretending her outfit is going to cure cancer or something.

I only got Laurence's collection by process of elimination.  I've seen this a few times on this show - that a designer who has a very distinct cool style does something very different and less interesting for their finale collection (Seth Aaron's initial winning collection being a good example).  Personally I don't like it much but who knows.

Mah-Jing's and Cornelius' are eh.  I liked Erin's actually for the nutty factor and the color.  Rik's was OK and Roberi's I liked, also for the color and off-beatness of it.

• Love 1
On 11/21/2016 at 5:32 AM, RealityCowgirl said:

Clothes. That's all I've got. Just clothes.

And I hate them all.  There were maybe a couple of pieces in Roberi's collection that I might wear if I lost a bet but that's it.  Pretty much everything sucks.  What a disappointing season, my time was wasted watching it.

To me #5 looked like the "unrippable" wrapping paper, or little girls dress up tutus, that you buy at the dollar store, and I really don't understand Erins obsession with giant blankety coats. Overall this wasn't my favourite season.

• Love 1

I finally realized what this season really is for me.  It's an actual LIFETIME TV scripted drama that's gone behind the scenes of a reality sewing show.  It's "UnReal", but for fashion.  All of the "designers" are actually actors and they've gotten look-alikes for Heidi, Nina, Zac and Tim to pretend to judge the "contestants".    

How else can they possibly explain the complete and utter lack of talent and personality from any of these people?    

• Love 1

Maybe it is because I am in my phone but neither of the links mentioned which designer did what collection. Easy to guess Rik and Cornelius but I am not sure of the others . 

On 11/24/2016 at 9:27 PM, Canada said:

Oh man, I would love it if the judges turned around at Fashion Week and said, "you all suck ass, none of you are the winner!!"

Why would they say that?  They handed Ashley the win last season. 

• Love 3

Erin's looks like doll clothes. Ugly, tacky doll clothes. Awful.

Roberi's is the clear winner, as far as I'm concerned. The rest are either boring as snot or, as I mentioned above, appallingly bad.

• Love 3

I think Erin has to be the last given the pink spring vest coat (?) and the one splash of yellow. Corney has to be the light tan with the pink Xs. Rik, easy. He has the home dyed blue pieces. 

I think laurence had her signature shoulder in one or two things but no black. Could that be or did she have.the few black pieces? 

Who.has all the flashy colors?  Mag jing?  Nah. 

Eta. I was going on thumbnails not videos here.

Videos are easier for guessing but.short!.  see Erin,  Mah jing,  RiK now. not sure about the other 2. I get my laptop back on Monday, way easier than phone. 

Edited by wings707

Good gracious -- someone not only used their signature yellow, but found a print that featured it with bananas.   Now, don't get me wrong, I love prints, colors and have some crazy looks (including a sweater with pink flamingos), but I don't know anyone that would wear a top covered in bananas.  You'd have to BE bananas!!!!

I like Cornelius' and Roberi's the most. One went minimalist and the other went full blown iridescent. Both were interesting and very cohesive collections. Laurence did a boring Michael Kors/ Tse combo - which is sad, because she was my favorite. Erin had flashes of creativity, but mostly whiffed, and Rik... how did Rik do those horrible denim jackets with the gaudy print? I thought those hideous denim things had to be Mah-Jing, but he turned out a fairly respectable collection.

22 hours ago, Deevee45 said:

Do we know who designed what? I read through the posts but didn't see a definitive answer. 

On 11/19/2016 at 0:13 PM, alexceh said:

The thing that I always find interesting is looking for the real time coverage of the finale at Fashion Week to see what the press said about the show or what pictures they used for their articles. I've found that a bunch of Mah Jing's and Cornelius' runway looks accompanying articles about the Fashion Week show. I don't know what that says about the finalists.

• Love 1

I wish the contestants were given more time between the end of the show and fashion week.   I feel like the competition exhausts designers in every way and the competition messes with their creativity partly by exhausting them, partly by making them live in a bubble for however long the competition goes on for IRL, and partly by making them jump through hoops designing for gimmicky competition rounds and then being judged by a panel of judges.

i feel like they need more time to get their true creative ideas and energy flowing again in order to produce anything worth presenting and viewing.

• Love 1

But these people should be entering the competition with a big portfolio of designs already.  I assume they can resurrect and tweak from their entire body of work all they want during this process.  

On 12/21/2016 at 0:49 PM, Scatterbrained said:

I wish the contestants were given more time between the end of the show and fashion week.   I feel like the competition exhausts designers in every way and the competition messes with their creativity partly by exhausting them, partly by making them live in a bubble for however long the competition goes on for IRL, and partly by making them jump through hoops designing for gimmicky competition rounds and then being judged by a panel of judges.

i feel like they need more time to get their true creative ideas and energy flowing again in order to produce anything worth presenting and viewing.

When the show was on Bravo, they gave them 3 months to create a collection.

Edited by HunterHunted