Type keyword(s) to search

OK...What's Next?

Just now, AntiBeeSpray said:

This is the first time in my life (even during the reigns of Reagan and Bush jr.) where I'm not even saying 'Happy New Year', as the year certainly won't be that happy, given things.

Same. I've been saying that I don't really want to "celebrate" it. It's almost more appropriate to hold a funeral-type event, saying goodbye to American life as we know it.

• Love 13
Just now, VMepicgrl said:

Same. I've been saying that I don't really want to "celebrate" it. It's almost more appropriate to hold a funeral-type event, saying goodbye to American life as we know it.

Exactly. It's so sad :(. Might watch some stuff on tv and stay up late, but other than that it feels like the beginning of the end. Just hoping that the Dems, Moderates, etc., will fight back.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

If Trump doesn't take a hard stand against Putin for all this cyber espionage then he's going to regret it one day when the security of the White House itself is compromised while Melania and Barron are there (if they'll ever be there). The possibilities of what can be done through cyber espionage is too scary to even think about like hacking into the operations of a nuclear power plant or the control tower of a major US airport. Scary shit.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Lunata said:

If Drumpf doesn't take a hard stand against Putin for all this cyber espionage then he's going to regret it one day when the security of the White House itself is compromised while Melania and Barron are there (if they'll ever be there). The possibilities of what can be done through cyber espionage is too scary to even think about like hacking into the operations of a nuclear power plant or the control tower of a major US airport. Scary shit.

Word. The power grid amongst other things needs to be secured. It's too easy for actors such as Russia to compromise them.

• Love 8

If Trump doesn't take a hard stand against Putin for all this cyber espionage then he's going to regret it one day when the security of the White House itself is compromised while Melania and Barron are there (if they'll ever be there).

Meh, I doubt Drumph would really care if Melania and Barron's security were threatened, and he doesn't have any financial interest in the White House, so, meh.  I suspect he considers both Melania and Barron to be bothersome inconveniences at best.  Now if security was compromised at Trump Monument in NYC, that would be a different matter, but again I think Melania and Barron would be somewhere below the safety of his golden throne on his list of concerns in that event.  

ETA: Great minds think alike Galaxygirl76

Edited by Hooper
synchronicity
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, Lunata said:

If Trump doesn't take a hard stand against Putin for all this cyber espionage then he's going to regret it one day when the security of the White House itself is compromised while Melania and Barron are there (if they'll ever be there). The possibilities of what can be done through cyber espionage is too scary to even think about like hacking into the operations of a nuclear power plant or the control tower of a major US airport. Scary shit.

I doubt he'll care about Melania and Barron, but daddy's perfect princess will be living at the White House. He may not like things like that happening while she's there.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Just saw someone on Twitter say Drumpf has a new hashtag name now that I found really fitting. He's #BenedictDonald.

OMG... I was thinking of Benedict Arnold earlier today in regards to him. It's definitely fitting.

• Love 5
On 12/29/2016 at 3:34 PM, Lantern7 said:

Is "America Held Hostage" appropriate for the upcoming status quo? I know, Lardass Limbaugh used it during the Clinton Administration, but I think it'll be more fitting starting next month.

I like your idea of using "America Held Hostage."

I'm also going to liberally (ha!) quote Newt Gingrich, "Feelings are just as valid as facts".  July 25, 2016

As in.........I feel that Russia helped steal the election for Trump.  I feel that Trump is profiting from being president and should be impeached.  I feel that Trump's private security is the new US Gestapo.  I feel that Trump is mentally impaired.

And when family members demand facts and back up from me, I will remind them that those facts are not needed because my feelings are just as valid as facts.  I'll also remember to use the phrase that America is being held hostage.  Thank you @Lantern7.

• Love 18

I cannot believe there is not more outrage at his tweeting how great Vlad is.  He has to owe the Russians billions, because they totally own his ass.  He doesn't care about anyone but himself.  If Ivanka was in danger, he wouldn't put himself between her and whatever danger - he'll thrown anyone else under the bus to save his thin orange skin.

I've read more and more people who supported Benedict Donald now are concerned they will be losing their government benefits (Obamacare, Medicare, Medicaid, Food Stamps).  I'd feel sorry for them, but you voted the wolf into the hen house.  You refused to listen to real news and be informed, so maybe next time you'll actually read and learn about what you're voting for or against.

• Love 17

My basic reaction is, "Fucker, can you at least pretend to be on our side?!? For once?!?" Maybe he's lulling Vlady into a false sense of security, so that he could shoot him point-blank in the chest. Knowing him, he'd miss.

• Love 13
Just now, Lantern7 said:

My basic reaction is, "Fucker, can you at least pretend to be on our side?!? For once?!?" Maybe he's lulling Vlady into a false sense of security, so that he could shoot him point-blank in the chest. Knowing him, he'd miss.

Word. But he seems to be showing his hand at times. Like when he told Russia to hack the US during the election. He's that arrogant. He thinks he can get away with anything. Like what he said here.

Source: theguardian.com

He's done it over and over again. He doesn't give a damn. He's that brazen.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

You know what I should invest in 2017? Guy Fawkes masks. I'm thinking they're gonna be all the rage. Yes, Alan Moore made many salient points about tyranny, but V's mask is what people remember.

Maybe.

And the worst thing: The press let him get away with what he said. Almost every time. I sure hope to g_d that they don't continue down this path.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

You know what I should invest in 2017? Guy Fawkes masks. I'm thinking they're gonna be all the rage. Yes, Alan Moore made many salient points about tyranny, but V's mask is what people remember.

I keep thinking of the quote "People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people."

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Treehugger said:

I'm also going to liberally (ha!) quote Newt Gingrich, "Feelings are just as valid as facts".  July 25, 2016

John Oliver had a whole piece on that phenomenon (because it went far beyond Gingrich).  It's a conservative politician move that a whole series of them did--whenever they couldn't debate facts, they simply quoted/used this philosophy. It was an outgrowth of the Tea Party actually, years before Fig Newton used it, and really the beginning of the end, if you think about it, because it led to everything that follows--people accepting anything Trump said, however inane, however illogical, however nonsensical or contradicted by facts, science, or even logic. The rise of "feelings" being considered as equal to facts, if there's anyone left to remember it, may be considered the poison pill which killed our civilization, which made it fall.

• Love 9

I actually appreciate that the maniac in chief shows his hand and acts out very transparently. I think if he was more stealthy he'd be even more dangerous and much harder to stop.

The latest shenanigans give me a glimmer of hope that there's an actual chance he'll be impeached sooner than later; I think there are still enough Republicans who don't share his affection for Putin, and if they continue to escalate in this particular way, I think there may well be enough votes in Congress to put a stop to it.

I don't quite hold out hope that he'll go to prison for treason or that he'll be convicted of some other criminal endeavor and wind up in jail for the rest of his life, but it would be an ending that fits well with the novelistic trajectory he's been on for a while now.

Of course, then we'll wind up with a President Pence, which is not exactly something to look forward to. But I do feel like Pence has enough of the fundamentals of self-control to at least probably not blow us all to smithereens in a nuclear tantrum because he missed his nap and/or someone insulted him on SNL, which is a low bar to clear, but Donny doesn't clear it.

I don't know how to fact check this, but assuming it's true, I think it's hopeful in that it shows that the opposition to the admin is not only in the blue states or among the typical partisans: http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/12/30/1615666/-In-a-public-letter-Mormon-Tabernacle-Choir-singer-resigns-rather-than-sing-for-Trump-inauguration . People can see how much of a monster he is. A few do like it, but I think maybe everything has limits and our best hope is that he continues to act out as blatantly and horrifically as possible, so that the removal from office comes before he has a chance to actually use its power.

We still have 3 weeks before he's sworn in. I want him to melt down all the way before it happens. I think there is a calculated risk in removing him -- the impeachment has to happen at a point where even a significant number of people who previously supported him can see that he's too dangerous and crazy to be allowed to remain, so the backlash doesn't become unmanageable. The best way to get there is for PEOTUS to act as stupid, horrible, and blatantly out of control as possible before inauguration, so I'm rooting for him to do just that.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

I've read more and more people who supported Benedict Donald now are concerned they will be losing their government benefits (Obamacare, Medicare, Medicaid, Food Stamps).  I'd feel sorry for them, but you voted the wolf into the hen house.  You refused to listen to real news and be informed, so maybe next time you'll actually read and learn about what you're voting for or against.

And they constantly acted like if it wasn't screaming about Obama or Clinton or liberals or Democrats or the left, it wasn't real news (meaning that actual straight news reporting ["just the facts, ma'am," like on Dragnet], and not constant opinionating, wasn't real news).

• Love 5

With all the current news/lies about food stamps, I'm not sure these assholes are even sure how they work. I was on SNAP/EBT ($16 a month). I'm not exactly sure they're the same as food stamps, it's a food assistance program. Do they know if you don't use them in X amount of months, you lose it & the money. Plus, you can't use it to buy fast food (well Subway is ok), any kind of hot/pre-made grocery food (like the sandwiches, fried chicken, salads, & pasta they have at Cub Foods & Target). You also can't buy toilet paper, tampons, soap, diapers, formula or any non-food items, & you can't use them to buy cigarettes or alcohol.

With all this talk of fraud & scamming various programs. Do they know how hard it is to get them? Hours spent at various Drs. & government offices, endless (confusing, complicated) paperwork & providing proof of income, assets (many of which you'll have to get rid of if you want to qualify for MA, Medical Assistance), etc. ... all of which sucks when you're actually sick/hurt ... & it's not like you're "set for life," you reapply every year. I don't even know how someone would even begin to scam any government program. & even if you did, you're screwed, jail time, fines, & you'd have to pay all the money back. I'm not surprised the actual rate of fraud is so low, it wouldn't be worth it.

Sorry, not sure if this is the right place to post this.

Edited by OrigamiNightmare
  • Love 21
8 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Nah. Vlad is stroking Trump's huge ego to lull HIM into a false sense of security. Trump isn't smart enough to participate in the kind of underhanded and deadly games the former KGB agent and dictator is proficient at. The orange one is way out of his league.

• Love 11

Or alternatively, the conspiracy theories are true and Putin has got something devastating on him, in which case he'd be acting exactly the same way. If this were a movie that would be my guess on the twist: he's actually trying to be taken out of power, because once he's in office he is going to have to give Putin the nuclear codes or something. But he's a victim of his own popularity because now, nothing he says or does is evil enough for his followers to drop him.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

This is the first time in my life (even during the reigns of Reagan and Bush jr.) where I'm not even saying 'Happy New Year', as the year certainly won't be that happy, given things.

I know how it goes! I just say 'Let's hope we call can have as good a New Year as possible despite the insanity that's happening'!

BTW, where can I apply for a transfer back to 1979- or an Alternate Universe where no one outside their immediate families had had to hear the surnames of Clinton and Trump after the year 2001?

• Love 5
7 hours ago, OrigamiNightmare said:

With all the current news/lies about food stamps, I'm not sure these assholes are even sure how they work. I was on SNAP/EBT ($16 a month). I'm not exactly sure they're the same as food stamps, it's a food assistance program. Do they know if you don't use them in X amount of months, you lose it & the money. Plus, you can't use it to buy fast food (well Subway is ok), any kind of hot/pre-made grocery food (like the sandwiches, fried chicken, salads, & pasta they have at Cub Foods & Target). You also can't buy toilet paper, tampons, soap, diapers, formula or any non-food items, & you can't use them to buy cigarettes or alcohol.

With all this talk of fraud & scamming various programs. Do they know how hard it is to get them? Hours spent at various Drs. & government offices, endless (confusing, complicated) paperwork & providing proof of income, assets (many of which you'll have to get rid of if you want to qualify for MA, Medical Assistance), etc. ... all of which sucks when you're actually sick/hurt ... & it's not like you're "set for life," you reapply every year. I don't even know how someone would even begin to scam any government program. & even if you did, you're screwed, jail time, fines, & you'd have to pay all the money back. I'm not surprised the actual rate of fraud is so low, it wouldn't be worth it.

Sorry, not sure if this is the right place to post this.

Thank you for addressing this subject. I had been aware in recent days of the sudden indignation of Republicans, particularly Fox News over the "widespread' food stamp abuse". I'll be one of the first to say that there's possibly fraud going on with the SNAP and food stamp programs as there is with just about any government program. But it's smart to check facts before reporting what may be erroneous guesses because those can be very damaging in ways we don't realize, or maybe Fox does realize. Of course we want to ensure that this program is successfully reaching out to those individuals and families that need it the most. I watched as Fox host Abby Huntsman clearly stated that the incidence of fraud involved in SNAP and food stamps programs was at 1.3%. Fox News did the calculations themselves, this was not an official government statistic.

Yesterday, Fox News retracted that statement admitting the number was incorrect, BUT....they proceeded to state another incorrect figure to replace the original incorrect figure.

"We reported that back in 2016 $70 million was wasted on food stamp fraud. That was inaccurate.
The latest information 2009 -2011 shows the fraud at 1.3% which is approximately 853 million dollars for each of those three years. Food stamp trafficking is on the decline."

The legitimate figures of the incidences of food stamp fraud dropped dramatically from 4% to about 1% in the last 15 years. Despite the fact that the amount of people living at poverty levels has increased exponentially, the incidence of food stamp fraud has decreased dramatically. (the rich get richer and the poor get poorer). I have noticed that people using this food supplement program use a card similar to a credit card at the cashier which replaces the old system of using actual currency-looking paper vouchers. This is a wonderful improvement because nobody should ever be made to feel embarrassed to use this assistance when it's needed.

But my real point here, the thing that bothers and even physically sickens me, is the fact that a television network like Fox News will take every opportunity to inflate a story that involves 'hand-outs' (as they call them) to people that are in need in this country. We're a country of vast disparities between the very wealthy and the very poor. Yet, there is no condemnations of wealthy Wall Street executives that get caught committing egregious white collar crimes and stealing millions and millions of dollars of our money, (yes, it boils down to us taking the loss), then having to give up their position as CEO or COO of a major corporation after raiding it and as a bonus leaving with a golden parachute package equivalent to many millions of dollars. It's legally rewarding criminal behavior. So, when Fox or any other news or commentary program produces a non-factual story such as this 'food stamp fraud' in order to anger the general public into thinking the poor are robbing from them is just morally reprehensible.

This Republican administration is already talking about how they have try to cut food stamp funding at every opportunity. They propose rules to humiliate and demonize recipients of food stamps and other welfare programs, which they claim create a “culture of dependency.” The fight continues to protect food assistance benefits as the first line of defense against both hunger and poverty. I would much rather have the US Government using my tax dollars to help others that are less fortunate than most of us. The U.S. Congress sets the food stamps benefit amount at, on average, roughly $4 a day per person. Yes, someone could save up their monthly allotment to buy some high-priced food items for a special occasion. (Prepared foods and anything that’s not food is not allowed.) They are likely eating rice and beans and peanut butter sandwiches – and going hungry – the rest of the month as result. To be eligible for food stamps generally you must be at or below 130% of federal poverty level guidelines that determine whether you are living in poverty based on your household’s income and size.

Repeat: below 130% federal poverty level. The determination of Republicans to cut this program sickens me, it goes way beyond being uncaring, it borders on being inhumane. We treat our dogs better than this.

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, Lunata said:

Yet, there is no condemnations of wealthy Wall Street executives that get caught committing egregious white collar crimes and stealing millions and millions of dollars of our money, (yes, it boils down to us taking the loss), then having to give up their position as CEO or COO of a major corporation after raiding it and as a bonus leaving with a golden parachute package equivalent to many millions of dollars. It's legally rewarding criminal behavior.

Or to quote our President Elect, it "makes them smart."

And these are the same people who would claim that of course Trump's gang would never be corrupt because they've got so much money they don't need to scam any more. Yet I'm pretty sure actual studies show that poorer people--including many folks using SNAP--are far more likely to be generous to others. They give much more of a percentage of their income to help others. Yet super rich people are under the mistaken impression that they are far more generous than they are. I mean, look at KAC trying to claim that Trump's many businesses are actually generous because they create jobs.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Lunata said:

But my real point here, the thing that bothers and even physically sickens me, is the fact that a television network like Fox News will take every opportunity to inflate a story that involves 'hand-outs' (as they call them) to people that are in need in this country. We're a country of vast disparities between the very wealthy and the very poor. Yet, there is no condemnations of wealthy Wall Street executives that get caught committing egregious white collar crimes and stealing millions and millions of dollars of our money, (yes, it boils down to us taking the loss), then having to give up their position as CEO or COO of a major corporation after raiding it and as a bonus leaving with a golden parachute package equivalent to many millions of dollars. It's legally rewarding criminal behavior. So, when Fox or any other news or commentary program produces a non-factual story such as this 'food stamp fraud' in order to anger the general public into thinking the poor are robbing from them is just morally reprehensible.

52 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Or to quote our President Elect, it "makes them smart."

Well, it's the paragon of American virtue to 'get yours' while allowing the rest to go without, right? [/sarcasm]. A co-worker of mine lauded DJT's $1bn loss/tax write-down. as legal and therefore okay.  I wanted to say that legal doesn't equal moral, but stopped so as to keep work relationships more pleasant.

Until the country fully learns that we're only as good as the least among us (& how we treat them), we'll never achieve the supposed equality upon which it was founded.

Edited by fastiller
  • Love 17
12 hours ago, random chance said:

What does that tweet even mean. Which Russians? What are they doing exactly to play a news station for fools? What is Fox "getting"? He knows all this how? Seriously, WTF does that even mean?

Well, I tuned in to Fox News for a brief look yesterday.  Yep, they "get it" - what they get is that they know to interview people who support Trump, and then keep interjecting "that's right"  and "exactly" after every point.  Then they interview someone with an opposing view, and demand yes or no answers, talk over them, and never let them make their point.   They "Get"  that they need to kiss Trump's ass to survive, and that he will direct all his supporters to tune in. Trump LOVES this. Think about it -  he wants to control the media.  The way to do it is to endorse a specific media outlet tell his supporters that all others are lying.   HIs supporters DON'T KNOW what Is really going on, because they will only watch what he tells them to.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, fastiller said:

Well, it's the paragon of American virtue to 'get yours' while allowing the rest to go without, right? [/sarcasm]. A co-worker of mine lauded DJT's $1bn loss/tax write-down. as legal and therefore okay.  I wanted to say that legal doesn't equal moral, but stopped so ad to keep work relationships more pleasant.

Until the country fully learns that we're only as good as the least among us (& how we treat them), we'll never achieve the supposed equality upon which it was founded.

I hope you don't mind that I've changed a couple of your wise words because I think this was an incredible lesson that we all need to understand.

5387a82660a037c6a89e1e86594f3cd5.jpg

"Until this country fully learns that we're only as good as the least among us and how we treat them, we'll never achieve the promised equality upon which this great nation was founded."

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 11

I saw a Tweet from Joy Reid last night where she said she was watching Hannity and was surprised that the fill-in host and guest were actually being very anti-Putin. So there might be some conflict even on Fox when it comes to this issue. I'm sure Hannity himself is fully on board with Trump that nobody can understand how these new-fangled computer thingies work and the entire IC is just in the tank for Hillary and Putin's somehow tricking them.

• Love 7

Any idiot can see that Putin is making calculated moves to manipulate Trump. People who are patting themselves and him on the back for developing this great relationship are going to be very surprised when Putin turns on him. I won't. 

• Love 19

I'm starting to wonder if the Reps are just letting (or hoping for) Trump do his Twitter/Putin thing to gather evidence to invoke Section 4 of the 25th Amendment:

Section 4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.  (Source: Wikipedia)

No need for an impeachment, right?  Just declare him unable to discharge due to mental illness.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Kromm said:

John Oliver had a whole piece on that phenomenon (because it went far beyond Gingrich).  It's a conservative politician move that a whole series of them did--whenever they couldn't debate facts, they simply quoted/used this philosophy. It was an outgrowth of the Tea Party actually, years before Fig Newton used it, and really the beginning of the end, if you think about it, because it led to everything that follows--people accepting anything Trump said, however inane, however illogical, however nonsensical or contradicted by facts, science, or even logic. The rise of "feelings" being considered as equal to facts, if there's anyone left to remember it, may be considered the poison pill which killed our civilization, which made it fall.

I agree that using the line "facts are as valid as feeling" is horrible @Kromm.  I plan on using it only with my family members who will simply not leave me alone about our political differences.  They have labeled me as a libtard and feel that they must argue me into submission.  I beg them to not talk politics, and they simply refuse to listen.  It's been a truly horrible time since the election in regards to how my family has treated me.  I've taken action:  disappeared from social media with my family, don't call them, respond to only texts that are non-political, didn't spend time with them during the holidays, etc.  It all blew up after one of my uncles sent a truly horrific email joke to me about a week after the election.  I stood up for myself, told him that I couldn't believe he would think of me in such a way as the email described, and that we needed to have a break from communication.  My uncle's response was to email me explaining why he voted for Trump (Benghazi, Killary, stupid liberals), that he loved me and that I shouldn't take his joke seriously because it's just sarcasm.

The emails continue, but I simply delete them unanswered.   

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Pixel said:

Any idiot can see that Putin is making calculated moves to manipulate Trump. People who are patting themselves and him on the back for developing this great relationship are going to be very surprised when Putin turns on him. I won't. 

Yes. Trump and Putin are alike in that they are both power hungry narcissistic dictators, unable to consider a point of view other than their own.  The difference is that Putin is a lot more intelligent, and has many years of experience running a kingdom, I mean country.  Putin will turn on Trump, and on America, eventually.  Putin is not loyal to Trump the way Trump is loyal to Putin.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, backformore said:

Yes. Trump and Putin are alike in that they are both power hungry narcissistic dictators, unable to consider a point of view other than their own.  The difference is that Putin is a lot more intelligent, and has many years of experience running a kingdom, I mean country.  Putin will turn on Trump, and on America, eventually.  Putin is not loyal to Trump the way Trump is loyal to Putin.

I know that Donald Trump has issues with a personality disorder and he will never be cured of that mental disorder. I don't think that Trump really understands who he's dealing with and what he's capable of doing. Yeah, his generals have probably warned him about Putin and told him stories (which he probably can't remember anyway) and perhaps that's why he's kissing Putin's ass right now. But realistically I doubt that he understands the absolutely evil things this man has done and what he will do again. 

I had known that Putin was ruthless and ambitious and may even suffer the same personality disorder as Trump. I never realized to what depths his evilness lies. I finally understood it a few years ago when Alexander Litvinenko, an ex-KGB agent, was assassinated ten years ago. He was poisoned but not with everyday run-of-the-mill arsenic or rat poison, he was given a nice cup of tea laced with polonium-210. That's not the kind of stuff you can run down to the pharmacy to pick up. This was an assassination committed by someone at the highest level of government - Putin.

Putin isn't fussy about assassinating women either, he has put a few of them into their graves. So if Donald Trump thinks that he'll be able to manipulate Vladimir Putin by being 'besties' with him and giving him everything he wants, it's not going to be enough to satisfy murdering Putin, he's going to want it ALL and if Trump or anyone else balks it will be too late and they'll suffer the same fate as any other Putin enemy.

http://www.businessinsider.com/list-of-people-putin-is-suspected-of-assassinating-2016-3

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Lunata said:

I know that Donald Trump has issues with a personality disorder and he will never be cured of that mental disorder. I don't think that Trump really understands who he's dealing with and what he's capable of doing. Yeah, his generals have probably warned him about Putin and told him stories (which he probably can't remember anyway) and perhaps that's why he's kissing Putin's ass right now. But realistically I doubt that he understands the absolutely evil things this man has done and what he will do again. 

I had known that Putin was ruthless and ambitious and may even suffer the same personality disorder as Trump. I never realized to what depths his evilness lies. I finally understood it a few years ago when Alexander Litvinenko, an ex-KGB agent, was assassinated ten years ago. He was poisoned but not with everyday run-of-the-mill arsenic or rat poison, he was given a nice cup of tea laced with polonium-210. That's not the kind of stuff you can run down to the pharmacy to pick up. This was an assassination committed by someone at the highest level of government - Putin.

Putin isn't fussy about assassinating women either, he has put a few of them into their graves. So if Donald Trump thinks that he'll be able to manipulate Vladimir Putin by being 'besties' with him and giving him everything he wants, it's not going to be enough to satisfy murdering Putin, he's going to want it ALL and if Trump or anyone else balks it will be too late and they'll suffer the same fate as any other Putin enemy.

http://www.businessinsider.com/list-of-people-putin-is-suspected-of-assassinating-2016-3

Thank you, Lunata, for highlighting how absolutely evil that murderous, dead-eyed thug really is.  While Drumpf is busy preening and sending out grade-school-level tweets, he doesn't have sense enough to know that he is way out of his league.  Talk about being a useful idiot!

What is even more concerning to me are the number of right-wing Americans who are so blinded by their hatred of our current--and probably last--president that they would throw him under the bus to praise Putin.  It literally makes me sick to my stomach when I read comments blaming President Obama for "stirring things up with Russia to make Trump look bad" and such other nonsense.  It's despicable also that an incoming resident (not president) of the Alt-White House is so cavalier about the threat Putin poses.  It just shows that Drumpf is, indeed, a sociopath, who doesn't give a rat's ass about what happens to the rest of us.  Just so long as he's being praised and possibly gets his Russian debt forgiven.  He will sell us all down the river without a thought, as well as our NATO allies.

Also troubling are the number of Republican lawmakers who knew about Russia's chicanery months ago, and refused to allow the president to disseminate what he knew in real time.  

As inconvenient as the truth about Putin may be to Drumpf, his rabid fanbase and certain GOP lawmakers, it is imperative that the media not back down in raising the alarm.  

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Thank you, Lunata, for highlighting how absolutely evil that murderous, dead-eyed thug really is.  While Drumpf is busy preening and sending out grade-school-level tweets, he doesn't have sense enough to know that he is way out of his league.  Talk about being a useful idiot!

Another problem, maybe, is that a lot of these people have been dealing with fantasy murders and conspiracies for so long they've convinced themselves this is no big change. If you've been told that the Clintons were doing pay for play and piling up bodies like a plague for 30 years you think you've already been dealing with Putin--or maybe the opposite, you assume that rumors about Putin's assassinations are like "Killary's." Something that isn't really happening so isn't a danger. They can't deal with actual threats because they've still got windmills to tilt at.

• Love 11

I'm sure it is a small consolation but if anyone is watching the ball drop in Times Square, rest assured that as this is NYC there is likely some anti-Trump sentiment floating down among the rest of the confetti. http://www.timessquarenyc.org/events/new-years-eve/wishing-wall/index.aspx#.WGgnxhvys2y

• Love 3

@stillshimpy Very, very well said. Exactly.

Just came across this via InTheseTimes, it deals with 5 different situations people might/will have to deal with and what we can do about them (in 5 separate articles).

4 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

I'm sure it is a small consolation but if anyone is watching the ball drop in Times Square, rest assured that as this is NYC there is likely some anti-Trump sentiment floating down among the rest of the confetti. http://www.timessquarenyc.org/events/new-years-eve/wishing-wall/index.aspx#.WGgnxhvys2y

You can even add wishes! I just added mine.

• Love 7

Wishes added today will be included in the 2017 NYE celebration, not tonight's. It will be nice if most of the sentiments this year are anti-Trump, especially in his own backyard.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, twoods said:

Wishes added today will be included in the 2017 NYE celebration, not tonight's. It will be nice if most of the sentiments this year is anti-Drumpf, especially in his own backyard.

Well we're going to need all we can get in order to get through the next 4 years.

I remember Litvinenko's murder because he was apparently poisoned with that polonium at a restaurant in London at Putin's orders. He lingered for 3 weeks before dying and, during that time, the radiation poisoning dramatically changed his appearance.  I remember seeing the photo in the newspaper--very shocking. The whole thing was like a page from one of the scariest Cold War novels, only of course, in this case, it was real.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_of_Alexander_Litvinenko

Trump doesn't read and doesn't use a computer (tweeting only on his Android). If he read more about Putin--including in the intelligence briefings--he might start to realize how out of his league he is with this guy.  These people think nothing of killing you or someone close to you. They're not your bff and aren't kidding around.  If Trump IS beholden to him for his win, Putin will expect things in return--and get them. 

Other than annexing Crimea and occupying other parts of the former Soviet Union, I wonder what Putin's game plan is?  Surely, it doesn't stop and start with putting this ignoramus in office. 

Edited by Padma
  • Love 7