Type keyword(s) to search

Soft Kitty

20 Most Ridiculous Reasons You Had to Take your Pet to the Vet.

My favorite is number six, the cat who didn't like the cone she'd been saddled with post-op, and pretended she was dying - and thus returned to normal as soon as it was removed.

• Love 6

I felt so bad for #5 - poor doggy getting his claw stuck in his eyelid.  And #11 - the ferret who pooped blood, er, red fruit snacks.

Edit - to bring this back to politics, do any New Yorkers remember when Ghouliani went off on ferrets (and showed himself to be the whack job we NYers knew him to be)?

Edited by fastiller
Guiliani hates ferrets.
  • Love 3

From the Pugdashians' account: Tilly deals with Santa, a glass door, lessons and uncomfortable headgear.

Oh, glass door. I know glass door very well... every time it rains.

https://twitter.com/SoVeryAwkward/status/804506437145731072

and

kitten and puppy are buddies http://digg.com/video/kitten-puppy-friends-dawwwww?utm_source=digg&utm_medium=twitter

Ahhh! Cuteness overload. 

Update on volunteer match: I'm going to polish up my resume and try to get a tutoring position. 

• Love 7

Cyt34JEWgAAYDe3.jpg

ETA: This is not my own personal photo. I didn't realize it would actually look that way when I copied it here. Just want to make that clear. I only have a dog, and she is a 16 lb. fluffy mutt.

Edited by VMepicgrl
  • Love 14

Meet my foster baby! Her name is Malkia.  DSWT is a wonderful organization, people there dedicate their lives to helping elephants (and many other animals that need their help).  If you love animals and need your heart warmed a bit visit their website and look at the babies and read about them. 

mybaby.jpg

mybaby3.jpg

• Love 12

980x.jpg

New owner and Edgar

Giant Cat Left At Shelter Finds A New Home Within Hours

Source: The Dodo, December 1, 2016 

He weighs 21 pounds! 

Edgar the cat was surrendered to the Humane Society of Carroll County in Maryland when his owner could no longer keep him. (Edgar, it turned out, didn't get along with his owner's grandchildren.) The staff at the humane society were shocked when they first saw Edgar — because of how huge he is. 

The 9-year-old cat weighs in at 21 pounds, which is much larger than an average cat. (He's not quite as big, however, as Samson, who was recently named New York City's largest cat.) 

Edgar truly is a gentle giant, and the staffers who helped process him into the shelter were amazed at how loving and patient he was. 

"Edgar was so sweet coming into the shelter and handled his intake process with shining stars," Michelle Fidler, director of animal care at the Humane Society of Carroll County, told The Dodo. 

Since Edgar was so noticeably large, Fidler thought the shelter's Facebook followers might enjoy seeing his picture, and was shocked by how excited people got over him. 

https://www.thedodo.com/21-pound-cat-shelter-2122076200.html

[more at link]

980x.jpg

• Love 12

Paddington and the above pandas are doing their daily meditating. Animals are awesome! I am a proud fur baby Mom :D

19 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I was listening to my John Denver and Muppets Christmas CD. This is my favorite track and I think it's fitting for how many of us are feeling right now. It cheered me up a little, and I hope it does the same for you:

19 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I was listening to my John Denver and Muppets Christmas CD. This is my favorite track and I think it's fitting for how many of us are feeling right now. It cheered me up a little, and I hope it does the same for you:

Oh my Lord! I loved this special and play the soundtrack every year! This is such a classic. My kids still play it themselves and they are in their 30s. 

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 2

When I get down, and it happens more often than I care to think, I watch Robin Williams on YouTube.  I hate what happened to him but it's impossible for me  to watch him more than five minutes without laughing out loud. Always makes me feel better.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, savannah1985 said:

When I get down, and it happens more often than I care to think, I watch Robin Williams on YouTube.  I hate what happened to him but it's impossible for me  to watch him more than five minutes without laughing out loud. Always makes me feel better.

Word. I have some of his skits on my ipod and some of his comedy dvd's along with his movies. He was one heck of an actor and a very good comedian.

• Love 2

Are there any pug owners out there? I'd like to know if there's a law where pugs have to get dressed up. Here's the video for She & Him's "Winter Wonderland."

And while we're thinking about cute animals in videos, here's the Spike Jonze-directed "Island In The Sun" with Weezer.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

Windsprints, for some reason I can't see your last 2 posts & the reply box is acting weird as I'm writing this. Sort of like the Twitter embed issue for others.

Hmmm its blank now. It was a link to a facebook post with a video. I've posted that before without problems & I didn't see anything posted that we shouldn't be linking FB. Sorry.