Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E32: Two Teams, Two Studios Part 2

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I'm sorry, but I thought that dance with the bowl of flour was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.  I wonder who had to clean up the floor after that?

Elianna is a pretty little dancer, but she sure is channeling the constipated Maddie face.

• Love 10

Jill asking what Abby thought of the junior elite girls' dance was stupid. You left her studio, and yet you expect her to gush all over your half talent girls? Ugh. It's what I expect Holly to do. They constantly want her to eat crow, when their kids are not that great.

Erin just has to be anti-Abby and she wins a prize. She didn't seem to give a crap that Kendall hurt her neck, nor could she bother to show up (something they complain endlessly about Abby), but somehow she is a better teacher. The moms are conducting rehearsal in the dressing room. Remember when Jessalynn was a so called hero for doing that when Abby bailed? More delusion. Such hypocrisy.

The mini routines are boring. They last 15 seconds and they are clumsy. I get that they might be good for their age, but it's not great to watch. It reminds me of having to watch Mackenzie's ponytails do somersaults week after week.

The amount of times the junior elite has claimed to have already performed without Abby's help makes me roll my eyes that "this is the first time we have performed without Abby." 

That flour routine was ridiculous. They didn't even dance. Not one noteworthy group sequence. 

Then the junior moms get upset that Abby doesn't cheer for their girls, after they left her studio? They don't seem to get the point of professional loyalty. They left her. She owes them nothing. If they stand by their decision , fair enough, but stop expecting Abby to cheer that on. And I am relieved that the stupid flour dance didn't win. 

Everything after that point was cat fight trash. These moms are insane. And Jill has basically taken over for the floating heads. She speaks for everyone, and that is such a bad idea. I hope all of these kids go elsewhere and face reality on where they really hold up in the dance community.

"Next week on Dance Moms" HILARIOUS! They came back because their kids are not that great and their main fame is staying on Dance Moms.

• Love 2

I find it hard to muster up outrage over the elite girls leaving the team and blah blah since this is all scripted within an inch of its life.  I'm also not going to pretend that Kalani and Brynn aren't very talented dancers, but considering Abby didn't train either of them then she gets no credit for that. I also think it's pretty known that their parents sacrificed their current training to have them on this show doing dumbed down choreography.  Both of them are much better dancers than this show makes them out to be. The fact that anybody tries to pretend that Kendall is their equal says it all.  But the moms also need to suck it up since they chose Dance Moms over the girls normal training, so you get what you signed up for.

I see constipated Maddie face lives on in little Elianna.  

• Love 1

What a boring season finale. This was honestly the worst season of Dance Moms. The moms have gone off the rails this season. The nastiness and mean girl bully behavior of them was at an all time high. The mini vs elite storyline has ran it's course. It's boring and tiresome at this point.

I'm not buying Kendall's injury. She chickened out of doing her solo. She knew she'd lose against Kalani and Brynn, so she suddenly had an injury and couldn't her solo. Cue the fake tears. But she was magically well enough to do that group dance. Give me a break!

I loved both Brynn and Kalani's solos.

The elite group dance was awful.  All that messy ass powder and it made no sense. I'm glad they didn't win.

Elliana is a great dancer with amazing technique but.... I would have enjoyed her solo better if Abby didn't have her do those horrible early seasons constipated Maddie grimace faces. It was so distracting and took away from the dance.

Sorry, but I'm just overall not interested in the minis or their mothers.

I quickly recognized, the girl who beat Kalani is one of the new team members in Season 7 Daviana Fletcher. I guess this where Abby took interest in her for a spot on the elite team.

Edited by NickDisnCart

What's with the Elite Moms... How did the producers find so many like-minded people, or is it mob mentality, (herd mentality) ? They're all victims. Not one of these mothers ever accepts responsibility for any thing.

'I wanted to be on TV so I forced my child into reality TV. I begged, and fought tooth and nail to get my child into an abusive environment. I watched as my child was belittled and humiliated, not only in class but on national television. I know that all this has hurt my child's self-image but I dragged her back week after week, year after year. I set a poor example as a mother and a woman. I left other children at home for my daughter and I to be a part of this. I blame the teacher when my average child doesn't win a fake competition. I blame the teacher for everything. This is all Abby's fault!!! Oh, but still, need Abby to validate that my child is an amazing singer, her go-to-girl, her #1 soloist, a star!'

How long ago did Brynn get her jacket? How much did she and her mom put up with to become a member of the ALDC? And suddenly, now they don't want to be there?

I'm sick of the team vs team story line.

• ALDC vs Candy Apples
  • Elite vs Select
  • Elite vs Mini
  • Elite vs team blah, blah, blah.
Edited by Rylee
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Rylee said:

How long ago did Brynn get her jacket? How much did she and her mom put up with to become a member of the ALDC? And suddenly, now they don't want to be there?

I forgot Brynn's mom's name, but I was amused when she advised the mini team to rise against Abby when one of their teammates was disqualified from the group dance for standing up for stupid, considering she, herself,  did nothing but rise against the team on behalf of Abby to get her kid on the team. A new Jill in the making...

• Love 1

Elliana needs to quit the constipated Maddie face and the crazy eyes. They are distracting. I spent far more time wondering what was going on with her than with watching her dance.

• Love 2

They did say that Erin had her own recital that day so she couldn't attend.  I thought that Kalani finally got to show more of her true abilities in her solo.  She really has become the true "dance mom"  to the other girls on the elite team.  She's selfless,  a morale booster and a shoulder to lean on.  She's more mature than all of the "adults" combined.  She's a very impressive young lady. 

• Love 3

I actually liked the routines that the junior girls did. I do think it was because it was different choreography than Abby's, so I was probably a bit more entertained by it.

I know this whole the elite team leaves the ALDC is scripted, but I do not really get the point of it. Am I suppose to be rooting for anyone of these people. I dislike the elite moms, the mini moms, and Abby, so I am trying to figure who's side TPTB are trying convince me to be on. I mean we all know that as soon as Abby throws the elite moms a bone that they will come a running. Who cares if she treats their kids horribly.

I do like all the girls. I feel like they all act their age, even the teens. They are sometimes nice and sometimes bratty. I feel like that is fairly typical. Hell, I am sometimes nice and sometimes a bitch.

The mini's do not interest me. Some of them dance really well, but none of the mini routines hold my attention. I do not know why. I would love for there to be new people on the elite team. I am a bit surprised that they did not try to add anyone after Jojo left. Oh yeah, I still do not miss Jojo or Jess at all.

• Love 2

I loved Brynn and Kalani's solos - so beautiful. I'd have been interested to have seen Kendall's actually...I don't usually like watching her dance, but who knows, some fresh choreography may have lit a tiny little fire in her? I wasn't so sure about the group dance. 

Kalani seems to strongly dislike Abby in these recent episodes, more even than the other girls who all seem genuinely displeased themselves. I feel like there's real resentments brewing behind the scenes that we're not seeing. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, hellohoping said:

I'd have been interested to have seen Kendall's actually...I don't usually like watching her dance, but who knows, some fresh choreography may have lit a tiny little fire in her? I wasn't so sure about the group dance. 

I agree - I would have loved to see that. Unfortunately the portrayal of Kendall this episode is what we've come to expect - more crying.

I disagree with a lot of you as I still love to watch the elites dance and love the minis. Ellianna's mom's eyes still freak me out every time I see her but she does seem like a nice person. The new choreography showed a different aspect of the elites and I did like the dance. I don't especially like lyrical contemporary but I enjoyed both Brynn and Kalani's dance and the group number. The mini's actually are better than most of the original girls after rewatching the first few seasons - the only ones equal to the current minis' abilities were Maddie and Chloe - Brooke was a bit older - so I haven't included her. Peyton is much better than Mac was at that age.

I think the premise of going back to 1 team will be the death spiral for this show - even with 2 new junior members - these kids aren't going to win competitions like when they were younger. I'm actually interested in watching the minis grow. These moms actually aren't any different than the originals - except they don't complain as much about Abby. They still want to consider their child the best but I see less infighting than in the original moms.

I do miss Jojo - not Jess so much - but Jess used to be my favorite. I'm sure this portrayal was edited as there always has to be 1 "bad" mom. We had Christie and Kelly, then Jill, then Holly for a while - then Brynn's mom and it was Jess's turn now. Without the minis - ideas are slim for new developments for the juniors and I'm not sure how much longer the show can last.

• Love 1

This show way overproduced and scripted now. Right after Brynn finished her solo, look at Abby's face. She was delighted and clapping, then realized the camera on her and made I'm supposed to be angry frown. In 2 seconds her expression changed, such bullshit at this point that no one is falling this fake scripted nonsense anymore.

I miss the documentary like filming style of Seasons 1 and 2. It felt more authentic and to some extent more real. The fakeness and scripted drama started around Season 3 and has only gotten worse over time. I miss the big REAL competitions and the moms (and girls) genuine friendship, the outside activities like when in Season 1 Abby took the girls for ice cream, shopping, to the beach, the girls/ moms went ice skating, the girls playing the watermelon game in Abby's pool. Or fun on the bus with putting gummy worms in Abby's mouth. Speed dating with Abby. There was more of a balance between fighting, dancing, and the girls/moms having fun.

• Love 6
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, Fiero425 said:

With her health issues, the plans have been scrapped! No season 8 revival! ;-(

I think I heard something about an open call that Abby's hosting. The Minis should already be signed if they go back into production for season 8.