Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Fall

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, CalamityBoPeep said:

Until told otherwise by some future installment, I'm gonna fanwank that her pregnancy is due to her one-night stand with the Wookie. And that she never saw his face or heard his voice, for some reason. Maybe he didn't take off the mask. Maybe it was dark and he said nothing.

Heh, the Wookie. I love that idea!

Since Rory was so casually honest with her mother about a drunken one night stand, it stands out even more starkly that she purposefully lied about Logan. As in: she was ashamed of it.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, bettername2come said:

I enjoyed seeing the Life and Death Brigade again more than I would have thought. I really thought that was going to be just a trippy dream sequence for the first half.

Oh gosh, me too!  I thought I had watched all the seasons of GG but I don't recall that crew at all.  I kept waiting for Rory to wake up.  I only realized it was real when the two of them (Logan & Rory) were sipping champaign at the tango parlor.  That whole sequence played like a drug trip.

What a bizarro episode.  I enjoyed it.  Parts of it were excellent.  But it was truly bizarro.  

I have to say that I'm impressed by the volume of activity on this board today. Clearly, a lot of people loved that show.

Why wasn't Jess at the elopement wedding? He was just across town at his mother's house. 

How was Emily going to get back from Nantucket to attend the wedding the next day?

I loved the LDB plot so much. Logan organized it to give Rory encouragement, yet he was respectful enough to get her her own room. 

13 minutes ago, junienmomo said:

Why wasn't Jess at the elopement wedding? He was just across town at his mother's house. 

Because Milo was busy with This Is Us?

In all seriousness, the weird guest list at the gazebo completely took me out of that scene. Michel and Lane, instead of Sookie and Jess?  (Or April, as annoying as she is?)  It was so obviously for actor availability reasons.  They should have just had Luke, Lorelei, and Rory.

Two topics to chew on further after re-watching the whole thing (don't judge me!)

Rory's job/apartment decision: 
- Based on Winter, it seems Rory has been a free-lance writer for 10 freakin' years.  It's not like she ever had a steady gig. So, who pays for her airline tickets? I get she was bumming her way on hotels, and that's fine. But it feels a little financially reckless -- and not just this past year.  Add in the implication was that she was on the road constantly.  And if her story in The New Yorker was the indications of a high point, I am just having a hard time with the financial math.  How did she afford rent for 10 years? A quick Zillow search puts a tiny place over $1000, and maybe even $1500 if it wasn't quite the dump she says it was.  So dumping that made sense if she was tight on funds. Dumping that without a place to go to?  Grandma was right -- that was NOT normal.  Compare that with her contemporaries:
- Dean - clearly married, settled down with 3 +1 kids in Scranton, PA.  Whatever his job is, he's clearly making ends meet. Of all of the old boyfriends, he seemed the most mature to be honest. Probably has a 401K.
- Jess - has a steady job in publishing (although it wasn't clear), but travels with a big backpack and dresses super casual. Crashes on people's couches for lodging (of course it may have been impossible to find a place and "home" is different than a random city). I'd say he's making ends meet and happy with what he does but I'm thinking no 401K. 
- Logan - steady job working for his Dad. Makes money all day long. Considers 401K's are beneath him.
- Paul - ?? poor schmuck.  Rory was just with him to be with someone. That did not seem very nice. But I bet he has a 401K.
- Rory - shipped boxes to four or five places (that costs a ton too) and lives out of a suitcase.  
In sum, Rory lived beyond her means as far as I can tell.  And had done so for a very long time.

Rory/Logan relationship:
- What we missed was how/why it started again in the first place.  When we caught up with her, she was living the jet-setter life with a steady boyfriend and a casual "Vegas" relationship with Logan.  WHY? Lorelei was right, the relationship with Logan was worse than the Wookie.  And THAT's why Rory never told her.  Because either she herself knew this was not right or she knew her mother would not approve (see Dean debacle).  But again, while I can see her keeping in touch with Logan and seeing him in London when interviewing The Loud Drunk Woman, what caused her to start a relationship with him when she still had a boyfriend?  She's 32, not 20.  It just feels so very flighty.  Perhaps she was panicked over 'dull Paul' and acted out.
- If I never see the Life and Death Brigade again, it'll be too soon.  Rich, entitled jerks.  Seriously... I understand there is a friendship there, but they acted so irresponsibly. Maybe I'm just too much of a stiff to see anything redeeming about that crowd.  And Logan might have got her her own key, but it all looked like an elaborate booty call to me.  A "one more for the road" night.  And that's when she got pregnant.
- How can two people whose most recent relationship is primarily comfortable/casual/sexual/infidelity have any chance in the future? Both Rory and Logan were cheating on someone else to be with each other.  And neither acted like there was anything wrong with that.  Except, of course, you are lying to people about it.  So... if everything is hunky dorky, why hide? Oh yeah, because your other sexual partner doesn't know.  If Logan/Rory were madly in love and their other relationships were somehow tainted (like Logan's being a business deal but one that he actively opposed)... then I could see the "romance".  But I found very little romance in what they were doing. Even though its obvious they care for each other.  If I compare Logan/Rory to the speech Luke made, well there's just no comparison.  Luke is in love with Lorelei.  And Lorelei realized (during her non-hike) that not marrying Luke was part rebellion against her parents and part hanging onto parenting Rory.  Thank goodness Rory waited til AFTER the marriage to say something or Lorelei might have broke off the wedding.  Anyway, the point is that neither Rory nor Logan seemed to have a foundation for a marriage, even if it were possible.  Perhaps that's part of what Rory realizes. 

Regarding Luke and Lorelai's chemistry -- to me, they still act the same way towards each other as they did in season one: as comfortable long term buddies.

I mean, they sleep together but their daily lives lack the casual affection or pet names or kisses goodbye that most couples in love exhibit. Lorelai just throws out her zingers and Luke mumbles and mopes. Aside from their big arguments, they just come off more like pals than lovers to me, and always have.

I couldn't get through the LDB scenes, so I fast forwarded through some of them. I really can't stand those bozos and you'd think men in their mid thirties would have learned to grow up. But apparently not. I just am not really sure about the Logan/Rory stuff. I don't like it at all, that's all I know. Logan was a fantastic character in season 7 for me. He really learned how to grow up. He had his own life outside of his family, he was making good progress with moving on from his idiotic bad boy behaviour, and he was focused on himself first, but not in the self absorbed way. He really wanted to better himself. This revival smacked all of that in the face. I didn't like season 7 at all. But now? It's looking like a pretty good conclusion to at least Logan's arc.

As for the Logan/Christopher and Jess/Luke parallels, I can see it. I can see the basic parallels. Obviously all of them are different in their own way. It would be boring if they were all the same, and they already tried the direct parallels with Dean/Luke way back when during that scene of Luke and Dean comforting Lorelai and Rory in season 4. But with Logan and Christopher both being the reckless men at their ages, with both of them working for their families despite not wanting to, and with Jess/Luke being the more positive influences in Rory and Lorelai's lives, giving them guidance and direction when they need it the most, it's not hard to see that they might have been trying to show a little something there. 

And her being pregnant? She doesn't even have her life figured out! And now she's pregnant with Logan's kid. Well, that's just great. Listening to the Rory/Christopher conversation, I see that they were planting seeds for that. She clearly wanted to know if she should tell Logan about her possible pregnancy. And I do get the sense that she might have been leaning toward raising the baby alone without Logan by the end. However, I doubt Logan will go quietly and not help raise the baby. He may be immature, but he's also in his mid thirties. It might be the thing to knock sense into him. 

Now if there's another revival, we'll have to go through another song and dance with the woes of the LDB. The ending doesn't even give a clear answer to what'll happen. Usually that's an air of mystery that I like, but it's clear that Amy and Daniel are hoping for a second chance for a "second season", so to speak. And after the mess of these four episodes (with the few exceptions), I don't think I want another set of revival episode for a long, long, long time, if ever. Except there's a part of me that wants the ending to be better than what we're given, so...I'm torn.

I guess I judge Rory a little bit because she's in her thirties, but maybe I shouldn't. I'm only 23 so I don't know what being a 32 year old is like. I think it's because I don't have my life together, so I wanted Rory to have hers. 

I did like Lorelai's scenes as she rediscovered herself. I liked the cameo from Peter Krause; that scene was really cute. I also loved the scene with Emily and Lorelai when she talks about her best memory with Richard. I thought it definitely was the strongest scene from the revival. I guess the Emily/Lorelai scenes are the best scenes. I also didn't mind the wedding planning scenes. Also, the cameos were all really good. I was really happy to see that Dean's married with three kids (and a fourth on the way!). And what's better is that Dean/Rory actually kept in touch for all of these years. How sweet. They never would have worked out, so it's nice to see that they stay close.

I also loved seeing Sookie. I think her presence was missed with the Lorelai scenes, so her coming back, even for one scene, was all that I ever wanted. Actually, no. I wish we could have had more.

As much as I love Jess and loved Jess/Rory, I'm glad it ended the way it did with them. Jess deserves better than Rory, at this point, so the heavily implied Jess pines after Rory was unnecessary, but it still wasn't completely clear. So if they don't get together, I guess I can live with that. They never did get to have a proper relationship after the disaster that was Jess' Failed Spinoff Attempt. Jess has always shown more interest in Rory than she has in him.

I am highly disappointed that they couldn't snag Milo for the elopement wedding. I expected Jess, of all people, to be there. Because if Michel can be there, then Jess should have been there. 

The best parts of the revival were Emily, Jess (and Jess/Luke), and Paris. Oh, and them bringing back archival footage of Ed Hermann. Everything else was either underwhelming or just not good.

I'm also disappointed that the revival didn't end with Rory deciding to become a teacher, after all. It was the one thing I didn't expect to want until I watched Spring. 

Also, confirmation that the downstairs bathroom is back from season 1. 

Also, prop guys? Can you stop getting dates wrong? First with Rory's October birthday, and now with Luke/Lorelai's 2016 wedding. It should be 2017. 

Thank God for Kelly Bishop.

I enjoyed parts and was frustrated at parts.

Parts I enjoyed:

Kelly Bishop and Emily's arc was excellent. Enjoyed her so much.

Lauren Graham doesn't look nearly as old as the terrible photoshop in the print ads.

This is us has made me fall in love with milo veniwhayevrmela so I am very suddenly finding myself a Jess fan.

Obsessed with Lukes speech to Lorelai at the end. I was bawling. God he loves her.

The life and death brigade.

Paris. Hahaha.

Things I didn't like:

Why does Rory always have to cheat so much? Basically the whole series she's either cheating on her boyfriend of being the other woman. At least it's consistent. Ugh. I was always team Logan before but now I'm firmly team Jess. I think if Logan is supposed to be Christopher than Jess is surely her Luke. I just felt dirty at all the blatant cheating.

Christopher. I thought he had a few redeeming qualities in the series but the scene with him dissipated those real quick.

I wish they would have spent a little less time on kirk and that stupid musical even though I am a borle fan. I mean I appreciated the opportunity to see the townsfolk but I just felt it was too much filler.

I'm sure I'll have more of both.

Bottom line I enjoyed it a lot. It felt right.  There were some moments that had me frustrated and some I did not like at all, but mostly I'm happy. Should we assume there will eventually be more? It's not like most of these guys have anything better to do once or twice a year.

7 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I liked the cameo from Peter Krause; that scene was really cute.

And for whatever reason, Jason Ritter as the ranger on the first day.

10 minutes ago, Watt said:

Should we assume there will eventually be more? It's not like most of these guys have anything better to do once or twice a year.

It's also not like Graham and Bledel weren't paid $750K per episode.

I have the highly unpopular opinion of loving the LDB, so I was thrilled when they showed up.  I was watching at a coffee shop - one with wifi! - so I had to try to control my squee.  (I love the actors, so that probably colors my opinion, I'll admit.)  I know they're idiots, and I would probably hate them in RL, but they're fun idiots.  And I felt like "fun" was sorely lacking overall in the revival.  I've watched their whole sequence probably a dozen times already.  The only thing that bugged me was when Colin "made it rain" in Doose's.  I'm assuming they left more than enough money to pay for everything, but I hate that somebody had to pick up all that cash off the floor.  Just leave it on the counter.  Grr.

That said, I kind of wish Logan had been left out of those scenes, and it had just been the three other guys coming to cheer Rory up.  Because A) I don't think the person Logan was becoming at the end of S7* would still be hanging out with those guys, and B) I felt like it was an odd match with the rest of the Rory/Logan relationship drama.  It somehow made the tango club scenes too heavy, and the Rory/Logan "breakup" scene too light.

*I know, I know, I apparently need to pretend that Logan's S7 arc never happened, because clearly ASP isn't going to acknowledge it.  :-/

7 minutes ago, photo fox said:

I have the highly unpopular opinion of loving the LDB, so I was thrilled when they showed up.  I was watching at a coffee shop - one with wifi! - so I had to try to control my squee.  (I love the actors, so that probably colors my opinion, I'll admit.)  I know they're idiots, and I would probably hate them in RL, but they're fun idiots.  And I felt like "fun" was sorely lacking overall in the revival. 

Same!  I had a huuuuge grin on my face when the three guys showed up with gorilla masks, and Rory was all "I'll be damned".  She needed that.  We needed that.

Am I the only one who noticed immediately that the inn they went to was the Dragonfly set redressed?  

8 minutes ago, Mrs. DuRona said:

Am I the only one who noticed immediately that the inn they went to was the Dragonfly set redressed?  

I wondered!  At first I thought it was the Dragonfly, because it was so horribly tacky, but then I realized it was tacky in a completely different way!

I loved Lorelei's story about Richard, but I always chuckle at the idea that nature brings these huge revelations out in people.  Maybe because I live in a rural area, and my view kind of looks like that all the time, and I feel like the rules of fiction say I should have incredible personal clarity as a result.  lol

Gilmore Girl's drama aside I am curious to find out the reasons for having Rose Abdoo (Gypsy) also play Berta, Emily's maid/surrogate family member??!! 

I also LOVED the use of music throughout and was a little teary when "Reflecting Light" started playing.... that scene was perfection for this LL fan! 

18 minutes ago, CheeseBurgh said:

Everyone is assuming that Logan is the father of her baby...I think it's the Wookie.

Didn't she sleep with Wookie guy in the Spring episode, though? If she did, then she would five months or more pregnant and showing. If it was Summer it would be more of a possibility, though she'd still be a fair amount along. I would almost prefer a rando be the daddy instead of Logan or another established character, but I doubt ASP would be willing to for go the soap opera drama. It would be kind of awesome if it was Wookie guy, he is a perfectly nice, stable, normal guy (who happens to be a nerd) and he wants to be a part of the child's life.

I almost wish we got to see a little of Rory's thought process about this surprise pregnancy instead of keeping it secret. On top of debating whether to raise it alone or not, did she consider abortion/adoption? Has she made a plan how to provide for and raise this child (other then her family's wealth)? Rory never struck me as being one bit maternal or having any real interest in children and motherhood. I think almost 50 year old Lorelai purposely getting pregnant would've made more sense. Lorelai seems way more maternal, even outside of being Rory's mother.

The LDB made me smile so hard! They are a hot mess and I would hate them in RL but boy did they cheer me and Rory up! (Alexis was beaming in those scenes)

Matt and Alexis had excellent chemistry here. I can't believe Rory would keep this baby from Logan. No reason for her to deprive herself and her child of his support. He is not 16 year old Christopher! 

Overall...pretty underwhelmed and surprised about my new investment in Logan/Rory. i can't/won't believe Rory will just follow Lorelei's path.

I mostly liked the revival.  I was super disappointed that Rory was stringing her boyfriend Paul along for two years while she was cheating on him with Logan but not really surprised, this isn't her first time in a situation like this.  I was also disappointed in her relationship with Logan.  It seemed like a major character regression for both characters and I was disappointed that we kind of wasted so much time on Logan and Rory because it was obvious that they were not going to end up together.  Logan is a character that I have hated at times but now I just find him kind of sad.  He's wind up exactly where he didn't want to be in life and it was obvious that he wanted to be there for Rory but he couldn't really do so because of his familial obligations.

I can't decide if Rory actually wanted more with Logan or not.  At times she seemed jealous and overwrought about his relationship with his fiance but I kind of feel like he was a security blanket for her and she was acting that way because she was having a hard time finding her place in the world.  I think it's really easy for some people to stay in stagnant relationships because it's safe and it's comfortable.  If Rory has been sleeping with Logan off and on for ten years that would be a really hard crutch to let go of.  And she obviously felt some shame about it if she never told Lorelai.

I don't mind that she's pregnant, it is somewhat poetic that the series would kind of end as it began.  Rory has and endless supply of support.  She's not homeless and I can definitely see her going back to get her masters and becoming a teacher at Chilton.  Alexis really did a good job of showing Rory light up during her "class" at the Chilton alumni thing.  I am of the opinion that having a child does change people.  Some people rise to the occasion and some don't but I think really having to think of someone before herself will change Rory for the better.

As for whether she will tell Logan or not, I think she definitely will.  I don't see him putting up much of a fight for custody or leaving his fiance though.  Rory indicated several times towards the end of their relationship that she wanted more and I didn't exactly see him jumping at the opportunity to give it to her.  In many other respects it will be like Christopher and Lorelai in that Rory will allow Logan full access to the child and he won't take full advantage of it.  

I'm glad that Dean and Jess are doing well.  I love that Jess being the one to inspire Rory, remind her of who she is and redirect her focus is still true after all this time.  I didn't see any indication that Rory wanted to rekindle things with Jess but I also didn't expect to.  She was still getting over her relationship with Logan.  I actually like that he might still have feelings for Rory because as a fan of them as a couple it gives me hope that they might still get together one day.  

Luke and Lorelai were everything I wanted them to be.  I've always been a fan of them and I loved Luke's speech to Lorelai.  It was such a great mixture of him and her.  She's really rubbed off on him in the worst and best ways.

Everyone else we got to check up on, Emily, Michele, Sookie, all lived up to my expectations.  I'm so happy with what we got and I would love to see more but I'm ultimately happy that we got the rare opportunity to pop in on these characters all these years later.  

22 hours ago, some1105 said:

My main quibble is that, no matter what Christopher may claim and this show has always pushed, Rory is not a "force of nature."  She's smart, sure, but kind of an emotional fuck-up, and has in some ways been stunted by a lack of consequences. I'm hopeful for her at the end, though.  Although the obvious parallel is that she's following in her mother's path, she's starting on that path from a very different point.  She's highly educated, will never lack for emotional (or, honestly, financial) support, and has some concept of what's ahead of her.

I came here to post something similar, but in fact I think it goes even further astray than you've described. If the Palladino's grand plan was to bring the series full circle in the last scene, that plan was always flawed. 

We could go on for hours about what a different person THIS Lorelai Gilmore is from her mother of the same name. About her education. About how her relationship with her parents is totally different from her mother's with hers. But from the get go we have the fact that Rory is the age her mother was when the show started, NOT the age her mother was when she had Rory. That fact alone totally unchains most of the parallels. I mean is the entire remaining parallel supposed to be that she's going to be a single mother? BIG DEAL. 

That aside, this actually WAS mostly a great episode otherwise. Seems like the Paladinos split it. Amy had one shit episode (Winter) and one pretty good one (Fall), and Daniel had one shit episode (Summer) and one pretty good one (Spring).  Aside from the forced but weak parallel in the ending, the hiking stuff was probably the other weak part of the episode. But I do understand why it was written that way--they probably could have made it shorter though. Lorelai's voyage of self-discovery could have just as easily been her car breaking down right outside of Star's Hollow and her having some revelation right there. The whole aspect of people making big life choices based on a pilgrimage from a stupid movie might have been a bit dented, but... it wasn't worth the time investment just to further that joke.

I'm okay with Emily's fate even if I don't totally get why she wanted those things. I DID actually think it was a subtle but nice small moment when she asked Lorelai if she wanted the house.

The fact that we saw the version of the wedding without all of the town nuts was also the right decision. They had their place in these four episodes. That wedding scene did indeed have to be just the people we saw, except... they should have persuaded Melissa McCarthy to put in one more day's work and be a witness, because Michel and Lane probably weren't the ideal ones relative to who's supposedly most important to Lorelai and Luke. It should in fact have been Sookie for Lorelai and Jess for Luke. 

Edited by Kromm

I'm wondering, since the last exchange has been what our original writers/creators have wanted for some time- the mythical four words have been mythical for years, even before whispers of a revival were spoken- would a regular full season have entitled these exact circumstances to get to this point? Because even during season six, towards the end,  was not this guy he ended up being in the revival. He turned out pretty good by the last three episodes. And I guess, since we are negating season 7..for many reasons.  The revival has him regressing back to his earlier behavior. Would a Amy/Daniel season 7 have Logan regressing back to his former ladies man ways? And thus having Rory become a side piece, just so we could get the final exchange? Granted this is all a moot point, but I'm curious because like I said the mythical four ward ending exchange was something that was talked about...FOR A WHILE NOW. 

7 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I was wondering about Christopher being an absent dad though; in his speech to Rory he said he backed off because no one would be able to get between Lorelei and Rory, so as much as he was an absent dad, it makes you wonder if Lorelei made him feel inadequate enough for him to be removed from the situation. It also made me think back to a season 6 scene where Christopher brought rory a phone and then felt the need to call Lorelei for permission. So Christopher stayed away but I wonder if his hand was forced 

Honestly, that feels like excuses on Chris' part. Because even if she made him feel inadequate at first or at times, Chris was a constant disappointment to Rory, so much so, that she tampered her expectations of him. There is no excuse for constantly disappointing your daughter. It's either you're involved or you aren't--Chris came and went as he pleased. That speech made me loathe him even more because of my own dad who was there for his kids to a fault--even the ones he didn't live with and because I know men who view themselves like Chris even though there is a very good reason why some women want to raise their kid(s) "alone."

Even if he felt that way as a teen, his mindset as an adult is fucked. He didn't want the responsibility. Like, even if you argue that he's right, he doesn't even show any regret that this option meant he would have to spend less time involved in her life. Imagine asking Luke that question, it would be a vastly different answer. He may believe that April turned out completely fine, but he would've still wanted the opportunity to be in her life since the beginning regardless. Chris, "everything turned out how it should have" is such a bullshit answer to Rory. He seriously needs to stop putting that on Lorelai as if the series hasn't proved a thousand times over that, really, Lorelai, was justified in what she did all while trying to cut him some slack and get him involved in being a dad.

Edited by Nanrad
wrong words
11 minutes ago, Nanrad said:

Honestly, that feels like excuses on Chris' part. Because even if she made him feel inadequate at first or at times, Chris was a constant disappointment to Rory, so much so, that she tampered her expectations of him. There is no excuse for constantly disappointing your daughter. It's either you're involved or you aren't--Chris came and went as he pleased. That speech made me loathe him even more because of my own dad who was there for his kids to a fault--even the ones he didn't leave with and because I know men who view themselves like Chris even though there is a very good reason why some women want to raise their kid(s) "alone."

Even if he felt that way as a teen, his mindset as an adult is fucked. He didn't want the personality. Like, even if you argue that he's right, he doesn't even show any regret that this option meant he would have to spend less time involved in her life. Imagine asking Luke that question, it would be a vastly different answer. He may believe that April turned out completely fine, but he would've still wanted the opportunity to be in her life since the beginning regardless. Chris, "everything turned out how it should have" is such a bullshit answer to Rory. He seriously needs to stop putting that on Lorelai as if the series hasn't proved a thousand times over that, really, Lorelai, was justified in what she did all while trying to cut him some slack and get him involved in being a dad.

I guess you're right. The wording just reminded me of a few scenes from the original where Lorelei called the shots; like when Chris was like 'maybe it won't be so bad' to get married at 16, the phone thing, etc. But yeah you are right in most times with Chris. I just hope Rory does inform Logan he's going to be a dad if we get a season 2

1 minute ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I guess you're right. The wording just reminded me of a few scenes from the original where Lorelei called the shots; like when Chris was like 'maybe it won't be so bad' to get married at 16, the phone thing, etc. But yeah you are right in most times with Chris. I just hope Rory does inform Logan he's going to be a dad if we get a season 2

I want Rory to inform Logan as well.

He does use similar wording, I just remember when Chris first came around and Lorelei's reaction, she was protective of Rory, but wasn't trying to keep them from each other. She wanted Rory to have a relationship with Chris, but he'd developed a habit of disappointing their daughter. We also see Lorelei is visibly upset when he isn't a good dad, so her actions make sense. Lorelei didn't marry Chris because it would've been just because they had a kid, but she's clearly interested in him and he's doing it because of his parents most likely. Keep in mind, she mentioned around the time Sherry got pregnant, she was waiting for him to get it together, so she's always wanted him to be involved, but she seriously made one of the best parenting decisions by limiting Chris' involvement. It doesn't matter how much appears to have it together, he'll never be the dad Rory needs him to be (and needed him to be).

I saw posters on another board complain about Rory turning up her nose at the Chilton job offer, because who does she think she is etc. etc., but I get why she wasn't thrilled at the idea. At least with the Stars Hollow Gazette job, it's still in her field. Becoming a teacher would be an admission that she had failed as a journalist, and she told Jess as much when she included the headmaster's job offer in a list of supposed instances of others smelling "failure" on her. I think she eventually made her peace with her failure in Fall with her confession to Christopher that journalism wasn't working out for her, but it took her a long time to acknowledge that, much less accept it.

The other reason she balked is that for all of the headmaster's unctuous praise of Rory, in context the offer seemed to be extended to help out an alumna in a tough spot. Even if Rory wasn't above begging for a job later in the revival from Taylor, no one wants to be treated like a charity case.

Lastly, from a strictly pragmatic perspective, it would be insanely stupid for an already-broke Rory to go get a Master's on what was essentially a casual offer from a kindly old headmaster who is likely thisclose to retirement and unlikely to be replaced by someone keen on honouring his/her predecessor's offhand promises. Rory's dumb, but she's not that dumb. Getting a Master's is not the worst idea, if Rory could scrape together the cash, but going to all that effort just because the headmaster made an offhand remark about there being a potential job in it for her? Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Edited by Eyes High

As much as i hate the rich man baby LDB idiots that sequence was beautifully shot and put together. 

Emily finding a new path was a lovely ending for her. She was scaring the bejeezus out 8f those kids!

Overall, I really enjoyed the revival. It was worth doing. Even the bits I was unhappy about didn't bother me too much.

Edited by Gulftastic
2 hours ago, Kromm said:

That wedding scene did indeed have to be just the people we saw, except... they should have persuaded Melissa McCarthy to put in one more day's work and be a witness, because Michel and Lane probably weren't the ideal ones relative to who's supposedly most important to Lorelai and Luke. It should in fact have been Sookie for Lorelai and Jess for Luke. 

I felt this way too until I remembered Jess was staying at Liz and TJ's, and realistically they wouldn't have wanted to alert everybody.  It seems like they just grabbed whoever they could get a hold of easily without too much inconvenience.  After all, it started with Lorelai's realization that Rev. Skinner is up late on Bingo night.

2 hours ago, Nanrad said:

Even if he felt that way as a teen, his mindset as an adult is fucked. He didn't want the responsibility. Like, even if you argue that he's right, he doesn't even show any regret that this option meant he would have to spend less time involved in her life. Imagine asking Luke that question, it would be a vastly different answer. He may believe that April turned out completely fine, but he would've still wanted the opportunity to be in her life since the beginning regardless. Chris, "everything turned out how it should have" is such a bullshit answer to Rory. He seriously needs to stop putting that on Lorelai as if the series hasn't proved a thousand times over that, really, Lorelai, was justified in what she did all while trying to cut him some slack and get him involved in being a dad.

Thanks for saying this.  With Chris it was always about him instead of Rory.  Saying "it hurts too much to see her like this, it's easier to stay away" in Christopher Returns while both Lorelai and Rory ask him to visit and call more often.  Of course it's easier, but that doesn't make it right!  Compared to Luke who even when Anna was moving to NM his first thought was to make it easier for April, not for himself.

2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Would a Amy/Daniel season 7 have Logan regressing back to his former ladies man ways? And thus having Rory become a side piece, just so we could get the final exchange?

I think maybe Logan would have stayed in London and been sucked more into his father's world in business as well as with women.  It seems as though they definitely intended for Rory and Logan to break up before the end of season 7, but not sure if it would have been sooner or later in terms of the pregnancy.

4 hours ago, CheeseBurgh said:

Everyone is assuming that Logan is the father of her baby...I think it's the Wookie.

Oh how much I would love for this to be true.  Rory's one-night stand was rather random, although I guess it did prompt her to tell her mom about Logan.

Edited by shron17
5 hours ago, Mrs. DuRona said:

Same!  I had a huuuuge grin on my face when the three guys showed up with gorilla masks, and Rory was all "I'll be damned".  She needed that.  We needed that.  

Agreed! She always seems so genuinely happy around those guys. Even back in the original series. That fancy meat market party Emily threw for Rory or the Tarantino birthday party are two scenes I always think of when I think "Rory having real fun" 

Maybe it's all the male attention. Maybe it's the fact that she can stop pretending to be embarrassed by her family history/wealth. But Rory always seems to blossom around the LDB and Logan. 

One thing that just struck me and perhaps bothers me more than it should: Christopher said GiGi was becoming a regular Parisian. Hold up, does that mean she's living with her mom? Cause as much crap as we give Chris about being a lousy dad to Rory, he was clearly GiGi's best parent.

I stayed up until 2am watching them all. Once I started, I had to finish them! :P

Anyway, I really enjoyed it! I'm so glad we got a Luke/Lorelai wedding even though it wasn't exactly what I thought it would be like but I thought it was nice that they kept it small. I just can't help but think Emily and Jess should have been there too. Luke's plea to Lorelai to not leave him was so moving!!

I also loved all the Jess/Luke moments. Their first interaction with Jess throwing his cap on the street was perfect! Bit disappointing that Lorelai still doesn't seem to think that highly of him.

Oh and I haven't really liked the LDB in the past but that montage of Rory hanging out with them to the tune of With A Little Help From My Friends did actually make me smile. Like them or loathe them, Rory did have the most fun with them and at that moment it was exactly what she needed.

11 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I was wondering about Christopher being an absent dad though; in his speech to Rory he said he backed off because no one would be able to get between Lorelei and Rory, so as much as he was an absent dad, it makes you wonder if Lorelei made him feel inadequate enough for him to be removed from the situation. It also made me think back to a season 6 scene where Christopher brought rory a phone and then felt the need to call Lorelei for permission. So Christopher stayed away but I wonder if his hand was forced 

I agree. I'm really wondering now just how much of Chris's absence was his fault. Obviously, as a father, you should do whatever you have to do. Take it to court if you have to, like Luke did. So there's always going to be partial blame on Christopher. But just how hard did Lorelei make it for him to be involved? She might need to shoulder some of that blame herself. 

8 hours ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

It also didn't bother me that they cheated on other people. Logan's marriage is/will be a marriage on convince, that must was clear. That is the kind of world he comes from.

We know next to nothing about Odette, how she feels about Logan, what the marriage means to her, etc. Unless I hear from her lips that it's a marriage of convenience and Logan is to free to do as he pleases, I'm not going to just assume that's the case. He was hiding things for a reason. 

6 hours ago, BellyLaughter said:

Gilmore Girl's drama aside I am curious to find out the reasons for having Rose Abdoo (Gypsy) also play Berta, Emily's maid/surrogate family member??!! 

Wait, what??? How did I not notice???

2 hours ago, shron17 said:

I felt this way too until I remembered Jess was staying at Liz and TJ's, and realistically they wouldn't have wanted to alert everybody.  It seems like they just grabbed whoever they could get a hold of easily without too much inconvenience.  After all, it started with Lorelai's realization that Rev. Skinner is up late on Bingo night.

But getting Lane would mean possibly waking her husband and two kids? I don't see much difference. 

The fangirl in me wanted Jess there, so he and Rory could dance like L/L at Liz's wedding and that would be THEIR new start. HA!

10 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

But getting Lane would mean possibly waking her husband and two kids? I don't see much difference. 

Possibly, but it would probably be easier for her to slip out than to risk having Liz and TJ find out what was going on.  It could have just depended on who replied to a text or what they already knew about others' habits and schedules.

Spoiler

I was supremely excited for this whole thing, but I must admit the majority of this fell flat for me. It had great moments but didn't work for me as a cohesive whole.

For all the touting done about the return of Rory's boyfriends, I was disappointed in only seeing them for a minute or two each out of 6 hours. Jared and Milo have aged so well. I was so pleased that they gave Dean solid closure and a happy life. He deserves it after everything Rory put him through. Rory's speech to him about being the perfect first boyfriend, who she wishes she had met later in life, who taught her what it meant to feel safe?  FML, I sobbed my eyes out. What a beautiful sendoff for a first love. I suspect that if Jared wasn't living and breathing Supernatural, AS-P might have given him a much larger role in all this.

Jess, why are you still pining for Rory? That came out of nowhere. I have no idea why he feels that way about her and no clue how she feels about him. I did enjoy the consistency of making Jess the one to inspire her story idea. He always knew how to kick her butt back into gear. When she left Yale and was drifting aimlessly, he was the only one who could get her back on track. His opinion always mattered to her, in a way that made her better. I'd love to see them end up together, but they did a terrible job of setting that up in a realistic way...

...because far too much time was spent on Rory's dalliance with Logan. Really nice touch that Rory still has no problem with infidelity. Her boyfriend and his fiancee? Mere inconveniences for her and dear Logan... I couldn't stand Logan or his moronic friends in the first iteration, and they grate even more on this one. Why oh why did he have to be the old boyfriend to make an appearance in each episode? 

I know he'll end up being the father. I knew she was pregnant when she asked Chris about how he felt seeing Rory raised alone. It was so obvious. I always had a soft spot for Christopher. He was flawed but he tried his best. I always felt Lorelai pushed him away and wouldn't allow him to be the husband and father he wanted to be. Seeing David Sutcliffe was a squee moment for me. He was the perfect Christopher - equal parts charm, boyish good looks, and that dash of smarm that should be enough to warn you off but isn't.

FINALLY, L&L GOT MARRIED! Geez, only took 100 years. I wish we'd gotten the big wedding party and seen Lorelai in her dress. They as a couple and we as fans deserve it after all these years.

So I'm assuming there will be more? That "cliffhanger" can't dangle there forever. 

7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

guess I judge Rory a little bit because she's in her thirties, but maybe I shouldn't. I'm only 23 so I don't know what being a 32 year old is like. I think it's because I don't have my life together, so I wanted Rory to have hers. 

Had to stop and reply to this, because it ties into how I felt about the revival! I'm 32 now, and while I'm financially solvent and have a good job, I don't feel like I have my life together at all--not sure where my career is going, made my share of mistakes with guys, etc. Other people probably think I do, but I don't feel like it. And I know very few people who feel like they have life "figured out," so to speak, even the ones who are married with kids or have super successful careers. I've started to realize that never really happens--you just make the best choices you can and know that there'll be ups and downs no matter what. And that's okay.

So while Rory's story was far more dramatic and I don't condone all her actions, the overarching themes rang true for me. She chose to follow a tough career path, did well enough for a long time, but never really broke through (I'm a writer and previously worked in publishing, and that's fairly realistic). Accepting that it's time to move on from your dream is difficult, and that's something Rory had to do over the course of the year. So from that perspective, I really enjoyed the revival.

I wasn't as fond of all the relationship parts, so I'll leave those alone, but I liked a lot of this overall--dealing no with the death of a loved one, feeling like you're stuck in one place while everyone around you is moving on, trying to figure out how to be an adult.

I have to say I'm still digesting the episodes but I thought they were wonderful. I want to comment on Rory's education and the comments that it was wasted on her. It seems to me that in her career choice, there's a difference between writing great stories and actually strategically making choices so that you can make a living at it. She's portrayed as a wonderful writer whose career choices weren't as successful. That doesn't mean her education was wasted on her. She was lucky she was able to go to Chilton and Yale. And with writing a book, perhaps she's figured out how to "marry" the creative side with business side. 

Edited to add:  she did seem to have a very successful freelance career. Some of those assignments were pretty plum assignments. With the state of journalism these days, I'd say she was pretty high up there in demand. 

Edited by Deevee45
Clarification
On 11/25/2016 at 5:42 AM, some1105 said:

I could only deal by watching this episode backward, scene by scene.  Done that way, I was ok with how it ended.

My main quibble is that, no matter what Christopher may claim and this show has always pushed, Rory is not a "force of nature."  She's smart, sure, but kind of an emotional fuck-up, and has in some ways been stunted by a lack of consequences. I'm hopeful for her at the end, though.  Although the obvious parallel is that she's following in her mother's path, she's starting on that path from a very different point.  She's highly educated, will never lack for emotional (or, honestly, financial) support, and has some concept of what's ahead of her.

In fact, I probably respect her most for her choice to go it alone, at least at first, at least for now.  I'm seeing reactions from various "teams" about lack of closure, and how it's all very open to interpretation, and I guess it is.  However, for me, there are some logical "and thens," as long as I believe that Rory doesn't intend to be 100% a dick.  She'll tell Logan about the pregnancy at some point.  Unless Odette is prepared to start the "dynasty" off knowing she's been cheated on and that Logan is about to be a father of someone else's baby, that marriage will be off.  Logan may, in fact, go the Christopher route, or he may grow the fuck up and be there for his kid.  And Rory may stay single, or find someone new, or reconcile with Logan, or co-parent with Logan, or someday end up with Jess, but not on such an obvious rebound.  I mean--watch it backwards like I did.  Knowing what we know by the end, every conversation, every decision, every relationship note makes sense.  All in all, I'm optimistic.  And Luke is made to be a step-grandpa.

ETA: Or, obv, Rory could choose to terminate her pregnancy.

I agree with this ^ so much. Spot on.

I stopped watching the original Gilmore Girls because the self absorption of Rory and Lorelei got to be too much. I loved this revival though – both of them were called out on this several times and I think in many ways Rory got the ending she deserved. I’m assuming that Odette and Logan had an open relationship because I thought it was odd that no one called them out on having the affair. I’m rusty on GG but didn’t Lorelei stop talking to Rory for this exact sort of thing a while back?

Either way, I loved the symmetry of Logan being Rory’s Christopher and Jess being her Luke – possibly. Though despite his many, many flaws I’m still rooting for Logan and I thought the whole scene of them walking around with the hats etc. was beautifully shot. Hopefully, she’ll tell him at some point but IMHO I think Rory lacks… IDK a sense of self awareness of others feelings – see poor Paul, so she may not care.

Lastly, I thought it sucked that Luke seemingly didn’t invite his own daughter to his wedding or if she was there, seemingly had no part of it.

8 hours ago, lordonia said:

Regarding Luke and Lorelai's chemistry -- to me, they still act the same way towards each other as they did in season one: as comfortable long term buddies.

I mean, they sleep together but their daily lives lack the casual affection or pet names or kisses goodbye that most couples in love exhibit. Lorelai just throws out her zingers and Luke mumbles and mopes. Aside from their big arguments, they just come off more like pals than lovers to me, and always have.

To me, those actually make the best long term marriages. All of that zing eventually dies down after a few years, and really what is left is care and friendship. Everyone I know whose in a stable marriage has the friendship thing much stronger than the pet names and kissy stuff. 

I almost wish we got to see a little of Rory's thought process about this surprise pregnancy instead of keeping it secret. On top of debating whether to raise it alone or not, did she consider abortion/adoption? Has she made a plan how to provide for and raise this child (other then her family's wealth)?

Well I think it's still really new for her. She only just found out. She's not been keeping it secret. She found out, I think, only just before she went to see her dad. When Dean asked how she was, pretty much right after that, she said "ohhh things are changing for me, I'm still figuring it out."

So as for her thought process, what options she's considered, what plans she has made -- I think she's only just starting that process. By telling her mom, now, early on, the next step logically will be her working through those options and those plans, with the help of her mom. She's not 'finished' this thought process by any means, she's only just barely started to process the news herself. All that stuff is what comes next.

In regards to her money issues -- I only just now realized that Richard must have left some money to Lorelai and to Rory. Certainly most of his estate just automatically went to Emily. And why Luke wasn't informed of his inheritance until nearly a year later... bizarre. But I can at least fan-wank that Rory had been doing very well with her jet-setting freelance work up until the past couple of years, and just as she was about to run out of money, she got her grandfather's inheritance and that tided her over a little longer, until she had to acknowledge that to continue with the travelling she'd have to lose the apartment.

Messaging Lane to come for the wedding was definitely preferable to contacting Jess. Luke probably would have preferred Jess. But Lane could easily have said to Zack, "Lorelai and Luke are eloping and need me" and he'd have said "cool, babe, I'll stay here with the kids."  Jess would have tried to slip out, but found TJ up doing something weird, he'd start loudly opining about the whole situation, which would get Liz's attention, the two of them would be loudly opining about the situation, and soon enough all three of them are at the gazebo trying to take over the whole event.

No mention of Doula... most of the kids at least got mentioned, if not seen. Why not a 2-sentence exchange between Luke and Jess, "do they have a bed for you?" "Nah, they've got tons of couches though... even Doula sleeps on a couch. She seems to like it. Weird kid... " "Yeah she kind of reminds me of April, but without the book smarts."

Same story for the baby that Sookie was pregnant with at the end of the series. They mention Martha, who would be 9/10 years old here. No mention of Davey, and no mention of their younger sibling... whoever he/she may be.

3 minutes ago, tankgirl73 said:

Jess would have tried to slip out, but found TJ up doing something weird, he'd start loudly opining about the whole situation, which would get Liz's attention, the two of them would be loudly opining about the situation, and soon enough all three of them are at the gazebo trying to take over the whole event.

I think they could have written that not to happen, and I don't think it would have happened that way. Jess appreciates and loves Luke because of all that he did that Liz couldn't. I know they couldn't get Milo for that scene (presumably), but having Michel there instead was just...odd. Luke doesn't like Michel. I guess Lane was there for Luke, but it was an odd choice. 

Finished Fall at around 2am last night.

"Mom?" "Yeah?" "I'm pregnant."  Both a shock and shockingly underwhelming at the same time.  Those may have been ASP's 'four words' since the beginning, but I don't believe for a moment this is the journey she had planned to get us there.  Rory mostly content to be Richie Rich's chippie on the side, and end up pregnant with his child?  No way.  

While we're on the subject, the one thing I really hated about this revival was Rory/Logan.  I would have been okay with them having an on-again, off-again, casual relationship for the past 10 years because that kind of fit who they both were by the end of S7, but not with him being engaged and her knowingly being his mistress.  The one not quite good enough for him to parade in front of the Huntzberger Family.  I'm beginning to have feelings of rage over this one.

Having said that, seeing Rory light up like a Christmas tree when she realized the cryptic messages were from the LDB boys was great.  It's nice to see her just let loose with them.  I just wish the three of them had come to cheer her up without Logan.  Sigh.

The elopement-before-the-real-wedding-so-we-can-relax was sweet, but like others I'm wondering why Michel and Lane?  That made no sense.

Sookie!!!!!!  I love that they brought back my Sookie!!!!!  I hope they decided to have every last one of those wedding cakes out for the reception, because that's the kind of Stars Hollow wackiness that I love.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that thought Emily was going to have a heart attack and/or pass away during the end scenes.  They were making me very nervous there.  It's lovely to see her figuring out who she is, who she wants to be, as the widowed matriarch of a well-known society family.  Loved her basically telling the DAR girls to go shove it.  "Stop saying that word!"  Ha.

Don't really understand why Lorelai felt she had to go off to the woods to find herself, but okay.  It would have made more sense had she dragged Rory along with her, but okay.  Her phone call to Emily, with a real memory about her dad, was beautiful.

Im thinking Jess isnt pining for Rory....he looks at her as the one that got away.  He had his chance with her and he blew it by leaving town.  Even though he did encourage her to return to Yale in season 6...he was also made aware that Logan was in her heart especially when she confessed she was going to hook ip with him as a way to even the score with logan for cheating.   To me, Jess/Rory arent the same as Luke/Lorelei....because Luke/Lorelei always carried a torch but the timing was wrong till season 5.

For the pwrson who doesnt think ASP would go a soap opera routw...rewatch season 6.

Until Sookie's return, I knew something was off about Lorelei...and it was not having Sookie by her side.  Shame Melissa m only had a short window...I could have seen Sookie on the hike..or talking with Lorelei over the surrogacy...plus...I guess baby #3 didnt happen because that qas during season 7...yes?

I thoroughly enjoyed the revival as a peek back into these characters and the idyllic town of stars hollow and most importantly that ASP dialogue. The plot...maybe not as much but I never watched this show for the plot. 

At the end of season 7 I loved Logan but this iteration had me wondering if what I was hoping to see was more of Cary Agos and less Logan? But I do think they let Logan grow towards the end of season 6, so I don't know why they regressed him here. For the sake of this plot I guess? But the actors both played that affair as two people in love - maybe things look very different from Logan's POV?  I guess I'll have to fanwank that Logan still feels the sting of Rory's rejection of his marriage proposal which sent him back into his dad's world of putting the family dynasty first. But it's frustrating to see them twist the characters to set up a situation where Rory and Logan become Chris and Lorelei. It doesn't fit.

Plot issues aside, it all felt wonderful and filled all my nostalgic needs. I will be rewatching to catch the witty dialogue I missed the first  time around. I kept waiting for dean and was afraid they cut his scene, but when it came around it felt like a true full circle for both Rory and Dean. It had me in tears. 

To me, those actually make the best long term marriages. All of that zing eventually dies down after a few years, and really what is left is care and friendship. Everyone I know whose in a stable marriage has the friendship thing much stronger than the pet names and kissy stuff. 

Now that you've said that, it reminds me of my parents. They were married for 22 years before he passed away and I don't remember any zingers, kissy stuff, and pet names, but as a kid, I did remember that they loved one another and were friends. I never doubted their love for one another, but every once and a while, I was reminded of the love they shared whether it was through a passing comment of appreciation or how they spoke about each other in a low-key way. After he passed, you could tell she missed him, but she flat out said she missed his friendship the most--just watching movies with him and if that isn't heartbreaking in its own way... :( ( and they started out as friends, which she never lets us forget and often encourages in our own relationships. lol). Maybe that's why I'm drawn to ships that start out as friends. lol

I agree. I'm really wondering now just how much of Chris's absence was his fault. Obviously, as a father, you should do whatever you have to do. Take it to court if you have to, like Luke did. So there's always going to be partial blame on Christopher. But just how hard did Lorelei make it for him to be involved? She might need to shoulder some of that blame herself. 

I'd go with 90+% Chris' fault and that's being generous. Lorelai is far from perfect, but it's difficult for me to not hold Chris totally at fault for him not being involved like his should have. I may come from a place of bias due to how I've observed other fathers, both great and deadbeat, and Chris is a deadbeat. 1. he's not reliable: even if Lorelai kept him away and set strict guidelines, with the opportunities he had to spend with Rory, he almost always let her down. So much so, that I believe she was upset at herself for being surprised he let her down. 2. Chris was more about his relationship with Lorelai than he was with his actual daughter. 3. He tried to find ways he could place his shitty parenting or lack thereof on Lorelai keeping him away or her not wanting anyone to get in between her and Rory rather than be accountable for the fact that he didn't want to be around.

Think back on S1 and S2, did Lorelai make it hard for Chris to be a dad? I mean, this is YEARS after she gave birth, admittedly, but pay attention to their conversations. I believe they have a conversation about Chris not hurting Rory aka letting her down and Chris promising not to do that...anymore. Why would they even have that conversation if Chris was kept away from Rory? Not only did Rory know who her dad was, through experience of her own, she's used to him not being there on his own violation. 

Although Rory loves her dad, she's wise to his bullshit and fuck ups. Even after Chris broke Lorelai's heart with that Sherry situation, she didn't bad mouth him or try to keep Rory away from him or poison their daughter against him, but Chris was quick to blame Lorelai for that never once thinking that, yes, their daughter would be justifiably upset if her dad broke her mother's heart and wouldn't want to see/talk to him. And the older Rory got, I believe the less she respected him as a dad--sure, she was respected him as a person, but a terrible dad is a terrible dad even if he has a charming smile. All Chris had were excuses for why he couldn't be there for her, but found ways to try to make it work with her mom. And it's a testament as to how Rory poorly views her father that she would even ask him if he'd to do it over to serve as a barometer for the type of father Logan would be. Like how do you tell your 32 year old daughter that you wouldn't change a thing, especially since you supposedly love her? I bet Lorelai would do some shit over no matter how fine she thinks Rory turned out. And how does he STILL place most of the blame on Lorelai being a force of nature, controlling everything as to why he wasn't more involved? 

And thinking back to how they almost got together at Sookie's wedding, Rory was happy for her parents, but never once entertained the idea that she'd get to spend more time with her dad--that they'd have a more involved and strengthened relationship. Then, when L/C eloped, Rory wasn't happy and it had nothing to do with herself, but rather, Chris wasn't even good enough for her mother as well as the fact that their actions hurt Luke, whether or not we consider him to be a quasi father figure, she's has more emotional bonds with Luke than her dad.

Rory is not here for her dad at all when it comes to him as a parent. Maybe I'm overselling the extent as just to how much she isn't, but all of Rory's feelings about her dad comes from his actions and relationship with her and nothing from Lorelai. Lorelai 'keeping him away' has nothing to do with his pisspoor parenting when he is around. Kids remember the heartbreak and disappointment of broken promises, which Chris has delivered a million of.

Edited by Nanrad
word substution

After sitting with the finale for a few hours. I realize what is unsettling me. Gilmore Girls is Roseanne.

Both Becky and Darlene get pregnant very early in life, just like Roseanne and repeat her exact cycle.  Rory, for all of her Ivy League education – all the interesting people she could have met post college. Is right back in Stars Hallow – doing exactly what Lorelei did.

I wanted more for Rory…and I hoped ASP did too.

I don't think Rory could get away with not telling Logan, even if she wanted to. She's clearly in touch with people from her past, including the LDB. She asked Colin about his knee surgery. I would assume at least some of this contact comes from Social Media. She also intends to publish a book about her life, and a baby would make the book. Rory can't, and shouldn't, hide this baby from him. 

She will likely tell him that she doesn't need his money and that he doesn't need to give up his cushy life for her. She will let him be father in name only, because Christopher is still making excuses.