Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculations

It's going to be so weird to see Wyatt with short hair, but I'm excited to see his return. 

9 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

I presume the engagement party is dry (no alcohol). Bad Stef, boozing it up...

So...now we're going to get a Stef is becoming an alcoholic storyline? Of course we are. It's not like this is the first hint of it either, or else I wouldn't jump to this conclusion. But since this show has turned more into a typical teen soap, I'm kind of expecting them to go there with Stef. 

Sneak peeks for 05x08:

Ugh, I am SO sick of having to see how upsetting and stressful Jesus' condition is for the rest of the family. It's ALL about them. Mariana's the one who upset him and Jesus' every action or reaction is attributed to his TBI. He is no longer a human to his family.

• Love 1

Remember this?

On 8/8/2016 at 11:31 PM, maraleia said:

So the writer for tonight's episode tweeted to me that Lena changing Jude's math test score is going to be revealed down the line like every other secret. They aren't playing regarding everyone's secrets being revealed. Should be interesting.

This was in response to me saying that was the only secret they might not reveal BTW.

Well, it's happening next week...

Sneak peeks so far for the midseason finale:

So, I guess we're gonna hear 'shit' and 'bullshit' every week then.

EDIT: 9/1: Third sneak peek.

Edited by ShortyMac
  • Love 1

I thought I'd update a few things on 5B's production. 

Check this out for BTS stuff.

http://hyadamsfoster.tumblr.com/tagged/bts

Episode titles:

https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/09/upcoming-episode-titles-various-shows_15.html

https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/10/upcoming-episode-titles-various-shows_27.html

05x10: All In

05x11: Invisible

05x12: #IWasMadeInAmerica

05x13: Third Wheels

05x14: Scars

05x15: Mother's Day

05x16: Giving Up the Ghost

I believe we're supposed to get a birthday episode for Stef (holy time jump; her birthday is in April and we're currently in November/December, but they'll probably change it or something, like they did Lena's). A real Mother's Day for the moms, finally. 

This timeline stuff makes me stabby...

EDIT 11/4:

Added the title for episode 16.

Wyatt is in 5B.

From 05x15, Sharon is back.

Edited by ShortyMac

Season 5 got an extra episode, making it 19 instead of 18. They had the table read today.

This makes me think that the show got a 19th episode to wrap things up. The renewal for Season 5 already happened this time last year. I highly doubt there'll be a 6th season.

And from the looks of that above photo, the season/possible series finale is Many Roads (I think; that's what I can see in Maia's photo).

It does sound like it is the series finale. Tissues, different venue for a table read, sad faces, and the final episode is directed by Peter and Bradley.

ETA: I found this recent tweet from Bradley:

So, either the cancellation isn't necessarily set in stone, or he's withholding the information until they're ready to make it public, and were just trying to calm down the fans who automatically assumed the show was cancelled. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
Adding stuff
  • Love 1

So, here are the press releases for the first four episodes back, from Spoilertv:

Jan. 9 (8:00 – 9:01 p.m. EST) – Episode 5010 – “Sanctuary” 
In the season 5B premiere, Ximena and Callie are still in the church seeking sanctuary from ICE. The Adams Fosters’ offer support to the Sinfuego family as they struggle with their immigration status. 

Jan. 16 (8:00 – 9:01 p.m. EST) – Episode 5011 – “Invisible” 
Callie actively helps to make Ximena’s fight visible. Meanwhile, Brandon and Grace struggle to be intimate knowing her diagnosis and Mariana is suddenly courted by multiple suitors.

Jan. 23 (8:00 – 9:01 p.m. EST) – Episode 5012 – “#IWasMadeInAmerica” 
Callie and her friends support Ximena in a big way at a conservative anti-immigration rally and get a lot of buzz for Ximena’s plight. Meanwhile, an unlikely source offers a key piece of evidence that may help save Anchor Beach from going private and the family celebrates Stef’s birthday. 

Jan. 30 (8:00 – 9:01 p.m. EST) – Episode 5013 – “Third Wheels” 
Brandon and Grace plan the ultimate senior prank which ends up going a little too far. Mariana and Mat make a huge decision about the future of their relationship.

Feb. 6 (8:00 – 9:01 p.m. EST) – Episode 5014 – “Scars”
Callie receives a surprising tip from an unexpected source. Meanwhile, Jude tries to assuage Noah’s fears about his budding relationship with fellow gamer Declan.

Feb. 13 (8:00 – 9:01 p.m. EST) – Episode 5015 – “Mother’s Day”
Stef’s mom comes to visit and helps Stef cope with a tough time. Meanwhile, Callie and Jude grapple with the memory of their biological mother.

Feb. 27 (8:00 – 9:01 p.m. EST) – Episode 5016 – “Giving Up The Ghost”
Stef confronts her demons and finally comes clean to Lena about what’s been troubling her. Mariana and Emma find themselves going head to head, putting Poppy and Jesus in an awkward position.

On 1/25/2018 at 4:13 PM, ShortyMac said:

Feb. 13 (8:00 – 9:01 p.m. EST) – Episode 5015 – “Mother’s Day”
Stef’s mom comes to visit and helps Stef cope with a tough time. Meanwhile, Callie and Jude grapple with the memory of their biological mother.

I wonder if they'll actually address that Callie's mother lied to her about who her father is, or if they'll continue to brush that under the rug.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

05x14 sneak peeks

Also this one:

Which, you know, for a story not about the Fosters, I might genuinely be interested? Also, is this a sign that Aaron might be the third cast member for the spinoff? I guess not necessarily, but they seem to enjoy writing for his character. 

Also, Aaron, you gotta stop getting involved in Callie's stuff, man. 

Via SpoilerTV:

“The Fosters” Season 5B – Tuesdays through March 13, 2018

March 6 (8:00 – 9:01 p.m. EST) – Episode 5017 – “Makeover”
Callie speaks on a panel about Ximena’s struggle and realizes she may have a passion for something other than art. Meanwhile, Mariana is torn between two suitors.

March 13 (8:00 – 9:01 p.m. EDT) – Episode 5018 – “Just Say Yes”
In the 100th episode, Brandon and Grace go on a road trip and discover a lot about each other, while Mariana and Emma vie for a competitive internship. Stef and Lena go on a couples retreat to reconnect.

March 13 (9:01 – 10:02 p.m. EDT) – Episode 5019 – “Many Roads”
In the spring finale, it’s graduation day for Callie and Brandon, but after some shocking news, the family wonders whether they will make it to the ceremony.

05x16 sneak peeks

7 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

Callie speaks on a panel about Ximena’s struggle and realizes she may have a passion for something other than art. Meanwhile, Mariana is torn between two suitors.

And this is where she discovers her love for social work, I presume? I guess it only took her a couple of seasons to figure out that she's always been going down this path.

Also, this better be the end of Mariana's Love Struggles. I assume she's choosing Mat.

March 13 (8:00 – 9:01 p.m. EDT) – Episode 5018 – “Just Say Yes”
In the 100th episode, Brandon and Grace go on a road trip and discover a lot about each other, while Mariana and Emma vie for a competitive internship. Stef and Lena go on a couples retreat to reconnect.

So, the name definitely makes it sound like Brandon/Grace get engaged, amongst other things. 

March 13 (9:01 – 10:02 p.m. EDT) – Episode 5019 – “Many Roads”
In the spring finale, it’s graduation day for Callie and Brandon, but after some shocking news, the family wonders whether they will make it to the ceremony.

Why are they calling it the spring finale? It's the series finale! Also, is it that the whole family is wondering if they'll make it to the ceremony, or just Brandon and Callie? Is this the major Grace death episode? If so, why is Callie possibly not making it to the ceremony? Seriously, I'm not sure what kind of shocking news it could be, other than Grace's death, or some other death. 

On 2/26/2018 at 9:00 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Why are they calling it the spring finale? It's the series finale! Also, is it that the whole family is wondering if they'll make it to the ceremony, or just Brandon and Callie? Is this the major Grace death episode? If so, why is Callie possibly not making it to the ceremony? Seriously, I'm not sure what kind of shocking news it could be, other than Grace's death, or some other death. 

The show is filming three more episodes as a true ending and probably a transition to the spin-off. They're filming in Turks and Caicos right now.

EDIT 3/2:

http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/01/spoiler-room-chicago-fire-ouat-h50/

I thought The Fosters had wrapped its series finale, but I’ve noticed on Instagram that the entire cast is in Turks and Caicos together. What gives? — JoJo
When I posed this question to executive producer Peter Paige, I shared my theory that the entire Adam-Foster clan (and some select significant others) had assembled in the Caribbean for Ana and Mike’s wedding. Here’s what he told me: “Life has taken the Fosters all sorts of places, and we’ve done plenty of ceremonies in the backyard of the house, but we thought a celebration this size called for a trip to Beaches Resort in Turks & Caicos.”

Edited by ShortyMac
  • Love 1

So, here's a post-finale interview, talking about the flashforwards and what may be to come for the final three episodes.

Some things to note:

• Mat and Mariana are back together and have some sort of arc for the three episodes. My first thought? Pregnancy. 
  • Joanna Johnson mentions that the look Callie gives may have more to do with Brandon being her first love, rather than actual lingering romantic feelings. God, I hope so. But the Brallie fans may be pissed when their pairing doesn't get together. LOL.
  • Johnson hints that Callie may have been single throughout the four/five year time jump. Damnit! We likely missed seeing a totally single Callie!
  • Emma/Jesus are still together but the final three episodes will look into their relationship and if they're continue to date each other.
  • And Jude/Brandon are going to be in LA, so we'll definitely be seeing them in the spinoff. It's just Stef, Lena, and Jesus they're going to have to figure out. 

The new foster kid is named Corey:

http://hyadamsfoster.tumblr.com/post/171941888745/bfostr-they-said-yes

http://tvline.com/2018/03/14/this-is-us-season-3-spoilers-rebecca-miguel/

When the three-night series finale event airs this June, viewers will discover that “Stef’s no longer a police officer,” executive producer Joanna Johnson previews. “Her career has changed, and she has changed.” Meanwhile, her wife Lena is weighing “a career opportunity” of her own that could be “really life-changing for all the kids.”

This makes me think that Lena might take a job where she and Stef have to move. Remember, the AF house/set is gone.

First sneak peek of the finale event:

• Stef and Lena plan on adopting Corey, and at this point, they've been fostering him for a year
  • Mike and Ana are still together, and she's eight months pregnant (oy vey - this web of familial/biological connections...) and can't travel for the wedding

Episode titles for the three-episode finale event:

ACCORDING TO FREEFORMS CALENDAR

Monday’s Episode is called: Meet The Fosters.
(Which seems to be a play on Meet The Fockers, Teri Polo’s movie)
Tuesday’s Episode is called: Turks & Caicos.
Wednesday’s Episode is called: Where The Heart Is