Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculations

Stef starts a new assignment in human trafficking where she meets a teenaged girl named Diamond who is turning tricks on the streets

I hope they don't end up fostering or adopting yet another kid. Perhaps this will turn out to be a link to Girls United if Diamond is placed there?

2 hours ago, LisaM said:

I hope they don't end up fostering or adopting yet another kid. Perhaps this will turn out to be a link to Girls United if Diamond is placed there?

Yeah, Bradley said we'd see GU in 4B. This could be that. 

Press release for 04x19:

SECRETS AND LIES COME OUT, ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF ‘THE FOSTERS,’ AIRING TUESDAY, APRIL 4, ON FREEFORM

Everyone seems to be hiding something, but the secrets come spilling out, on an all-new episode of “The Fosters,” airing TUESDAY, APRIL 4 (8:00 – 9:01 p.m. EDT), on Freeform.

It seems just about everyone in the Adams Foster household has a secret, but unfortunately for each of them, they all start spilling out. With Callie’s court date inching closer, Robert’s attorneys present a defense strategy that Callie vehemently opposes. Monte and Lena join forces to stop Drew’s underhanded dealings. Stef works to bust Diamond’s pimp. Jesus asks Gabe to keep a secret from his moms.

“Who Knows” was written and directed by Joanna Johnson.

Of course Callie opposes whatever, because she lives to make things harder for herself. So over this trial crap already. 

Jesus asking Gabe to keep a secret. This should end well.

2 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

Jesus asking Gabe to keep a secret. This should end well.

I wonder what it is. Does he actually find out about Emma's pregnancy, tells Gabe, and that's what he is going to keep? On the plus side, we get to see Gabe again. I don't think Gabe is ever going to keep a secret from Stef, though. The last time he tried to keep things to himself, his son got a nail in the head. 

Oh, surprise, surfrickingprise. Callie's not happy about something. She's pissing me off right now. Boohoo, you might go to jail. To quote the superior AJ, "And whose fault is that?" My god, girl. You're seventeen years old. You did some pretty stupid things. For the right reasons or not, you don't have any leg to stand on in regards to your own legal matters. You've broken into people's homes, stalked people, and will not leave a case alone, even when professionals are telling you to. I'm going to bet that the defense strategy involves Aaron, because it's clear they are setting up the end of the season for AJ/Callie to break up and for Aaron/Callie to get together. 

It's official; every time I see Callie's name, I get riled up. It's now a habit. She's awful, just awful, and I seriously would rather see Brandon's love thing with his new girlfriend.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ShortyMac said:

So, Gabe's trying to run away. I'm going to guess it's because he feels guilty about what's happened and thinks a fresh start is best for him, Jesus, and Mariana. But hey, we get a Gabe/Mariana scene! Sweet! I'm just as interested in Mariana's relationship with their birth father as Jesus'. 

As for Aaron, I figured he would ask Callie to come along to be a buffer. He probably will be regretting that later, judging by the preview of him getting pissed at Callie. To be fair, Callie probably wants to stand up for Aaron as his buffer without realizing how delicate the situation is and how her methods are actually not needed in this situation. I'm going to put some blame on Aaron, though, since he mistakenly asked for more help that he needs. Maybe "support system" would have been a better term to use! 

On 3/20/2017 at 10:55 PM, Lady Calypso said:

I wonder what it is. Does he actually find out about Emma's pregnancy, tells Gabe, and that's what he is going to keep? On the plus side, we get to see Gabe again. I don't think Gabe is ever going to keep a secret from Stef, though. The last time he tried to keep things to himself, his son got a nail in the head. 

Oh, surprise, surfrickingprise. Callie's not happy about something. She's pissing me off right now. Boohoo, you might go to jail. To quote the superior AJ, "And whose fault is that?" My god, girl. You're seventeen years old. You did some pretty stupid things. For the right reasons or not, you don't have any leg to stand on in regards to your own legal matters. You've broken into people's homes, stalked people, and will not leave a case alone, even when professionals are telling you to. I'm going to bet that the defense strategy involves Aaron, because it's clear they are setting up the end of the season for AJ/Callie to break up and for Aaron/Callie to get together. 

It's official; every time I see Callie's name, I get riled up. It's now a habit. She's awful, just awful, and I seriously would rather see Brandon's love thing with his new girlfriend.

I'm thinking that he'll keep the Emma's secret thing too. I mean, Jesus can't really keep many secrets right now since no one tells him anything and he is rarely alone with someone outside the family. And anything serious  (ex. Like how he couldn't read) I would think that Gabe would not agree to keep. But, maybe he's super guilty so idk. We haven't seen enough of Gabe for me to make a guess at what he'd do. 

Callie has too much morality, which is a crazy thing to say, but that is her issue. There are some things you have to compromise when you are in sticky situation. 

Press release for the 4A finale:

CALLIE’S FREEDOM HANGS IN THE BALANCE AS HER SITUATION SPIRALS OUT OF CONTROL IN THE SPRING FINALE OF ‘THE FOSTERS,’ AIRING TUESDAY, APRIL 11, ON FREEFORM

Callie has 24 hours to decide if she should take a three-year plea deal in the spring finale episode of “The Fosters,” airing TUESDAY, APRIL 11 (8:00 – 9:01 p.m. EDT), on Freeform.

Callie faces a life-changing decision to take a plea deal and go to jail for three years, or go to trial and risk an even longer sentence. Even though Callie struggles with her own situation, she tries to help Diamond out of hers which becomes extremely dangerous. With only 24 hours to make a difference in Callie’s case, Stef and Mike ramp up their investigation into the Martha Johnson murder bringing in as many leads as possible. Lena confronts Drew about his campaign to make a major change at Anchor Beach Community Charter School, while Mariana rallies her fellow students to protest.

Meanwhile, Jesus starts to put together the pieces about Emma.

“Until Tomorrow” was written by Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige and directed by Peter Paige.

Callie is actually so stupid. I can't. I think I'm really done after this.

tumblr_onikkeBuWj1trvmjqo1_1280.jpg

• Love 2

Gotta admit; I took a fast glimpse of the summary and thought that it said Callie's life hangs in the balance instead of her freedom, so I thought she got entangled in either Troy or Diamond's pimp. And then I read on and realized that I am probably going to be right on her life hanging in the balance.

I hate Callie so much. I need an episode free of her. 

Sorry, show, but not even my interest in Jesus is going to keep me watching past this season. Well, I say this now. 

I wonder what Drew's major change is. Oh....I'm gonna take a wild guess. He wants uniforms or something. I could see Mariana protesting about that. 

Thanks Bradley for dashing my hopes for a time jump which could indicate Callie actually going to jail. It looks like she'll get off scot free. Part of me hopes that the judge brings up the fact that Callie has been getting into trouble while all of this is going on, like stalking Troy, and that stacks the case against her. I think that if she had stayed quiet and out of the way that she would have probably gotten off. But she probably still will, because she's Callie, the case is stupid to begin with, and they want us to feel sorry for her, but not so sorry that she's shipped off to jail. They want her to win.

I guess the secret Jesus asks Gabe to keep in the episode before the finale is not about Emma, not if he's just figuring it out. I guess Jesus' secret to Gabe is about the Treehouse Project. 

• Love 3

Thanks for the spoilers.

Is it too late to start a Callie drinking game? Though I fear we'd all be drunk if it was a real thing: "Drink every time Callie makes a stupid decision!"

I want this Kyle-Troy story done yesterday. It's obvious Troy is the killer and it's so ridiculous that the detectives in this case haven't figured that out. When two high school kids can find out that Troy's alibi is his girlfriend, but nobody else can? Come on.

It makes me think what's his face is dirty. But I'm sure once the truth is found out about Troy (because no way is Callie going to jail) that Callie will inevitably find a new crusade. Sigh. I'm not trying to hate Callie, but she makes it difficult by being so impulsive and reckless.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, JaggedLilPill said:

Is it too late to start a Callie drinking game? Though I fear we'd all be drunk if it was a real thing: "Drink every time Callie makes a stupid decision!"

I think we'd all die if we drank to this. We would need to be more specific. 

In all seriousness, I'd be game to start a drinking game for season 5. It would certainly make things more enjoyable to watch. We can start gathering a list now, and test it for the finale.

28 minutes ago, JaggedLilPill said:

I want this Kyle-Troy story done yesterday. It's obvious Troy is the killer and it's so ridiculous that the detectives in this case haven't figured that out. When two high school kids can find out that Troy's alibi is his girlfriend, but nobody else can? Come on.

I just want the twist of Troy just being insane but harmless, and Kyle is actually the killer.

I like Aaron, even if he has actually been kind of an ass in general, and want him to run as far away from Callie as possible. She's just going to get tired of him when her next personal project shows up. And it seems like it'll be through Diamond. 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think we'd all die if we drank to this. We would need to be more specific. 

In all seriousness, I'd be game to start a drinking game for season 5. It would certainly make things more enjoyable to watch. We can start gathering a list now, and test it for the finale.

Haha. So true. Hmm. How about every time she gets arrested?

46 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I just want the twist of Troy just being insane but harmless, and Kyle is actually the killer.

I like Aaron, even if he has actually been kind of an ass in general, and want him to run as far away from Callie as possible. She's just going to get tired of him when her next personal project shows up. And it seems like it'll be through Diamond. 

That would be interesting, but that's probably why they won't do it. Although it would probably burn Callie up that she put herself through all of that for nothing.

Of course Diamond will be her next project. I'm still on the fence about Aaron, but Callie's so awful that even I wouldn't want him in her orbit. Run! 

Also, hasn't Mariana started a protest already? When they got rid of Timothy? 

22 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I would rather see that, too.  Maybe just the contrarian in me.  But there was something in the way Kyle looked at Callie when she saw him last time, when he was being lead away, that got my spidey senses up.  Contrary and too suspicious -- I'm guilty as charged. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

I would rather see that, too.  Maybe just the contrarian in me.  But there was something in the way Kyle looked at Callie when she saw him last time, when he was being lead away, that got my spidey senses up.  Contrary and too suspicious -- I'm guilty as charged. 

I thought the same thing.

Pics and sneak peeks for 19 are up:

http://www.disneyabcpress.com/freeform/shows/the-fosters/photos 

I am so sooooooooooo over Callie. Do not care if she ends up in prison. She can never shut up.

• Love 3

I think the Troy Johnson/Kyle Snow murder case has always been about more than the case; I think it is the opportunity for Stef to expose corruption in the Police Department. 

Drew's scheme to change Anchor Beach into a lucrative private school (with a great location) is actually very smart and devious. I'm surprised that, given the location, it hasn't been done already. I wonder if Lena becomes the new principal - with a boost in salary - after the scheme is defeated? This could help to resolve some of their money woes. 

Everyone just knew that Diamond would become Callie's new project. I wonder if that will continue into next season?

7 hours ago, LisaM said:

Everyone just knew that Diamond would become Callie's new project. I wonder if that will continue into next season?

Yep. Make of this what you will. From the first day of 5A production.

Callie is in deep, DEEP shit.

Gabe is still around.

Night shoot on 05x01.

18 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

Callie is in deep, DEEP shit.

It looks like her and Diamond are hidden in a bathroom or a closet or something. And seeing as Bradley said that 5A would start directly after 4B's finale, then there seems to be a cliffhanger.

Which...oh god, please tell me the stupid ass Orange Is The New Detective Callie bullshit is not carrying over to season 5. I can't imagine the solving the Troy storyline and connecting it to the Kyle stuff in the next two episodes. I know they'll probably wrap it up, but my paranoia's kicking in.

20 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

Gabe is still around.

Not surprised. He still has plenty of story left within him, so I'm happy that he'll be back. I mean, I assume he's still living in the guest house.

I see season 5 of the Impossibly Terrible Decisions of Callie Adams-Foster is up and running! 

I feel for Diamond, but it's clear she's not ready to break free and Callie getting involved with that just spells disaster.

Deep shit, indeed. 

• Love 1

Callie and Diamond likely means more Girls United, which is not a bad thing. Also - Callie is not in prison so the Kyle/Troy Johnson storyline is likely resolved at the end of this season.

I like Gabe.

(edited)

THIS PROMO. OMFG.

So, Callie's gonna do what she does best - play the martyr and run away to save that other GU girl from going with Diamond. 

Is this how Brallie will triumph? Callie goes missing and they end up together upon her return?

Or is 5A going to be another round of Where's Callie?

I don't think I'm sticking around to find out.

Edited by ShortyMac
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ShortyMac said:

Is this how Brallie will triumph? Callie goes missing and they end up together upon her return?

Probably. I'm just watching the episode now, but I am so not interested in watching Brallie reunite, especially since they're legal siblings now. But whatever; I'll just tune out anything Callie now.

I am so not interested in Where's Callie, especially if it carries over to next season. And judging by the above screenshot of Callie/Diamond for 5x01 with Callie wearing heavy makeup, it looks like I'll have to only watch Jesus and Stef/Lena-related scenes online and skip next season otherwise.

Well, at least we'll be getting a Callie/Jude scene.

I wish we had more of them, but Callie's usually too busy in a cause and Jude was busy with Noah and being pissy 95% of the time. But it hasn't been that long in terms of the show's timeline that they only had each other and while I'm glad they have a family now, I miss their brother/sister moments. 

• Love 2

Oh, I just realized, going back to Freeform's site and checking for any sneak peeks, that last night's episode didn't include an extra Emma/Mariana scene. There are screenshots of them talking on I'm guessing Emma's porch, so it does seem like they don't just end on a fight this episode. It's a shame that scene got cut. I would have rather that scene over the ten different Brallie moments.

EDIT: At least one sneak peek for the finale is up:

It's most definitely a dream sequence because of the lighting, and the title on Freeform is Jesus' Dream (according to someone in the comments).

• Love 1

So, another promo is up for next month's premiere, and since I have a bit to discuss about it, I thought I'd drop the video here.

• Most of the promo is about Jesus, which makes ME happy. Also plenty of Gabe in it, which makes me super happy.
  • A clip of almost the whole family (sans Callie and Brandon) at dinner with Noah, and I can't quite tell who the other three sitting at the table are. Maybe I'm just dumb.
  • Jesus destroying his room, and a shot of Brandon's keyboard being destroyed, presumably by Jesus.
  • Lena telling Stef that Jesus is unpredictable, potentially dangerous, and might not get better. 
  • Brandon pushing Jesus (and I think Lena and Emma are there), I'm guessing because he broke his keyboard? 

I am happy to see that there'll be some Ana/Gabe/Jesus scenes. Too often is Jesus left out on his biological family scenes, so I am so grateful to see more Gabe, to ensure that Jesus actually gets to interact with people. 

Also, I know Lena's speaking the truth, but...honestly, has she spent much time trying to help Jesus? She was supposed to be his primary caretaker but she's done very little to actually help him. She's too busy with yet more Monte drama, and now we can throw Private School Douche into the mix. Stef's too caught up with stupid Callie drama. Again, the only one to be helpful is Brandon, but he's now caught up in the Emma drama, and Mariana's helped Jesus but he's going to be pissed once he finds out that she lied to him too.

I'm just thankful that no new Callie clips actually emerged. 

• Love 1

I'm not really interested in seeing Gabe with Jesus. And he doesn't need his "biological family". I love how the show is all about "DNA doesn't make a family" and then we have to hear about "biological families". That's one of the reasons I don't like this Jesus. The writers always have been interested in showing him with Gabe and not with the Adams-Foster. Especially Stef and Lena. The real Jesus used to only care about girls, his body and his moms. If he has to interact with people, I wish it would be The Fosters. And I don't think Lena is too busy to care about his son. She tried, he rejected her. 

3 hours ago, Cassandre said:

I'm not really interested in seeing Gabe with Jesus. And he doesn't need his "biological family". I love how the show is all about "DNA doesn't make a family" and then we have to hear about "biological families". That's one of the reasons I don't like this Jesus. The writers always have been interested in showing him with Gabe and not with the Adams-Foster. Especially Stef and Lena. The real Jesus used to only care about girls, his body and his moms. If he has to interact with people, I wish it would be The Fosters. And I don't think Lena is too busy to care about his son. She tried, he rejected her. 

For me, it's less about how Jesus needs his biological family, and more about how he needs a male figure in his life. I wouldn't quite count Mike as a male figure, just to add, because he's shared only one scene with Jesus back in season 1, but they never bonded onscreen. I agree that they're going a bit overboard with the whole biological family route, but that's with Callie and Mariana too. We have had so many storylines of Mariana/Ana, and we've had a lot of focus on Callie vs Robert and his family. 

To be fair, even old Jesus never had anything to do with the Adams-Foster. All he did was date girls and very little had to do with his growth as a person. This Jesus, Noah's Jesus, at least has storylines not about girls, and he's interacted one-on-one with his moms way more than Jake's Jesus ever did. Old Jesus didn't have much to do with his family, outside of Mariana. It was either about Lexi, about Emma, about Hayley, or about wrestling. He had a two episode stint that had to do with his ADHD medication, which led to the wrestling. And then that's about it for him. So this Jesus gets to interact with almost all of his siblings. He's had a scene with Callie, which never happened with Old Jesus. He's getting scenes with Brandon, which is fantastic. And Noah's getting more emotionally-driven storylines that Jake T Austin could have never handled. Well, maybe he could have, but he didn't quite deliver and they never gave him that material.

I do want more scenes of Jesus with his family, though. But if Mariana can get several storylines centered around Ana and her family, then I think Jesus can have a storyline around Gabe. Just as long as they let him have scenes with Stef and Lena as well.

• Love 2

I'm not saying it's okay for Mariana and Callie to have their biological families around (the show claims that DNA doesn't make a family but still we have to deal with all those bio "parents") I just dont remember any important moment of Mariana and Callie's life where Ana or Robert had to be there when it actually was Stef and Lena place to be. Stef has always been in Callie's important life moments. Same thing with Mariana and Lena. Jesus is going through a lot and it's his parents place to be there for him. Not Gabe. 

And it's not really about Jake or Noah. Its about the character himself. I did say Jesus cared a lot about girls. But he also was protective over his moms. He cared about Stef and Lena, more than you think (Having scenes with them or not doesnt mean he didn't) He never cared about Ana until he saw how she was living. Jesus is not like Mariana. He never cared that much about his bio family. He just wanted to be there for his sister.

19 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

it's less about how Jesus needs his biological family, and more about how he needs a male figure in his life.

This is what I'm saying. The old Jesus never cared about such things. 

On 6/12/2017 at 3:35 PM, Cassandre said:

I'm not saying it's okay for Mariana and Callie to have their biological families around (the show claims that DNA doesn't make a family but still we have to deal with all those bio "parents") I just dont remember any important moment of Mariana and Callie's life where Ana or Robert had to be there when it actually was Stef and Lena place to be. Stef has always been in Callie's important life moments. Same thing with Mariana and Lena. Jesus is going through a lot and it's his parents place to be there for him. Not Gabe. 

And it's not really about Jake or Noah. Its about the character himself. I did say Jesus cared a lot about girls. But he also was protective over his moms. He cared about Stef and Lena, more than you think (Having scenes with them or not doesnt mean he didn't) He never cared about Ana until he saw how she was living. Jesus is not like Mariana. He never cared that much about his bio family. He just wanted to be there for his sister.

This is what I'm saying. The old Jesus never cared about such things. 

This is true. Though, I think with the recast of Noah,  they may have 'retconned' the character in slight ways because they have an actor now who can actually emote. Not trying to slam Jake, but just being honest. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, teenj12 said:

This is true. Though, I think with the recast of Noah,  they may have 'retconned' the character in slight ways because they have an actor now who can actually emote. Not trying to slam Jake, but just being honest. 

Agreed. And I don't even hate Jake. He's the reason why I started watching this show in the first place, and I never hated Jesus. I think once they got an actor that could do thing that Jake couldn't, they did absolutely retcon him, but for the better. I find it more interesting that Jesus cares about more than just girls and wrestling. I think many boys, especially at that age, do need a male role model in their life, whoever it may be. Just like I believe girls need a female role model in their life as they're growing up. They could have used Mike as that male role model, but they didn't. I would have liked to see Mike interacting with the other kids, but they chose not to go down that route. 

On 6/12/2017 at 3:35 PM, Cassandre said:

I just dont remember any important moment of Mariana and Callie's life where Ana or Robert had to be there when it actually was Stef and Lena place to be. Stef has always been in Callie's important life moments. Same thing with Mariana and Lena. Jesus is going through a lot and it's his parents place to be there for him. Not Gabe. 

As a child of adoption, I 100% advocate for family being the ones who are there, the ones who care for you and take care of you and love you unconditionally, no matter if there's a biological connection or not. Jesus is going through a lot and I think the issue is that all the other kids are getting into trouble in some form. Stef now has to take care of Callie's mess because she can't simply stay out of trouble. She should be there for Jesus, but now her scenes are going toward Callie because she needs a cop, since Callie's now endlessly stuck in legal drama. 

Lena, for some odd reason, got thrown into the school storyline. The issue is that the show didn't seem to care after that one episode of her being his caretaker. We could have seen them both struggling to figure out this new situation. Jesus has a TBI, which includes personality changes. His anger is a direct result of his brain injury. He's short tempered and angry and confused about his whole situation. When he snaps at Lena, it doesn't mean that he doesn't love her. It means that he legitimately can't help it, but he needs to find other ways to express his anger that's not at anyone else. 

So blame it on the writing, for sure, and the fact that we're getting other drama that's taking away from this particular storyline. Not that it's a surprise, since the show has more often than not, chosen to do less with Jesus than with the other kids. Another wasted storyline, in my opinion. We get thrown stupid drama, like the school stuff to take Lena away (because apparently being a full time caretaker was only needed for a month?) and stupid Emma/Brandon drama with Jesus that should have been handled differently. 

I just happen to like Gabe's presence because he does give focus to Jesus, since the show refuses to let him interact with his moms for more than a scene every few episodes. Stef and Lena have had plenty of bonding scenes with the other kids, but they seem to struggle when it comes to Jesus. So until they fix that, at least Jesus does have Gabe to interact with. I just want you to know that I do want Jesus with his moms more often. That's all I've ever wanted and I get so disappointed when we get countless scenes with the other kids with the moms. We know he loves his moms, which is why I just want to see more scenes of them. 

(edited)
On 15/06/2017 at 1:24 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Agreed. And I don't even hate Jake. He's the reason why I started watching this show in the first place, and I never hated Jesus. I think once they got an actor that could do thing that Jake couldn't, they did absolutely retcon him, but for the better. I find it more interesting that Jesus cares about more than just girls and wrestling. I think many boys, especially at that age, do need a male role model in their life, whoever it may be. Just like I believe girls need a female role model in their life as they're growing up. They could have used Mike as that male role model, but they didn't. I would have liked to see Mike interacting with the other kids, but they chose not to go down that route. 

First You see it as a Jake/Noah matter and as what Jake/Noah are able to do as actors. You assume Noah is able to do more than what Jake could ever done. But the way I see it, it's not about the actors. It's about "Jesus". Who is Jesus ? Or who was Jesus ? Jesus was a dumb guy, who cared about his body and was all about girls and sport. That's Jesus and his personnality. That's how he was written. Was he written like that because the actor wasn't able to do more ? Then was Callie written "not sexy" because Maia couldn't act "sexy like Cierra "  ? I agree with you guys that the new Jesus has interesting storylines. And I'm glad about that. I wish Jake had interesting storylines too. And as much as I love Noah, I've always prefered the Jesus Jake T Austin was portraying. He was funny as the dumb guy of the family. Everyone was always making fun of him at the kitchen table. He cared about his look and would never have wore the clothes the new Jesus wears. It's one thing to change the actor but it's another thing to change the character personnality. Noah could have kept Jesus personnality and still have interesting storylines since he's such a good actor. It's one thing to find it more interesting that Jesus cares about more than just girls and wrestling but  that's how he was. We can like it or not. 

Second I seriously don't understand your point of view here. I guess we won't agree but that's okay. When you talk about Mike as the guy who could have been Jesus male role model and even wish he could have interacted with the other kids.  I find this an incredible thing to say.  I love Mike and I liked that scene when he was playing basketball with Jesus but don't you think it was overstepping for him to come with that wrestling idea ? We are talking about a guy who was an absolute jerk towards Lena in the first episodes. He didn't want her to have to decide what to do with Brandon about punishing him or not. 

And what you say is like saying that two women can't raise kids without some man somewhere if they have boys. And that's actually what I feel about the show with all these bio dads right now. Gabe is just the limit. And that video promo was just too much for me. That's why I love Donald. He came, he said "I'm not a parent" and we never saw him again... (But I guess he will come back one day when Jude needs a male role model). 

Edited by Cassandre
5 minutes ago, Cassandre said:

First You see it as a Jake/Noah matter and as what Jake/Noah are able to do as actors. You assume Noah is able to do more than what Jake could ever done. But the way I see it, it's not about the actors. It's about "Jesus". Who is Jesus ? Or who was Jesus ? Jesus was a dumg guy, who cared about his body and was all about girls and sport. That's Jesus and his personnality. That's how he was written. Was he written like that because the actor wasn't able to do more ? Then was Callie written "not sexy" because Maia couldn't act "sexy like Cierra "  ? I agree with you guys that the new Jesus has interesting storylines. And I'm glad about that. I wish Jake had interesting storylines too. And as much as I love Noah, I've always prefered the Jesus Jake T Austin was portraying. He was funny as the dumb guy of the family. Everyone was always making fun of him at the kitchen table. He cared about his look and would never have wore the clothes the new Jesus wears. It's one thing to change the actor but it's another thing to change the character personnality. Noah could have kept Jesus personnality and still have interesting storylines since he's such a good actor. It's one thing to find it more interesting that Jesus cares about more than just girls and wrestling but  that's how he was. We can like it or not. 

I think that I do see a lot of it as a Jake vs Noah matter. From what we've seen on the show, Jake and Noah did portray Jesus differently. I liked Jake's Jesus, as I stated. I always wondered why they only gave him girl-centric storylines and not family-centric storylines. Besides the odd episode that he had with Mariana, Jesus often didn't have interactions with his family. I don't know whether it was a pure actor problem or the show just didn't care. I don't know; I just personally find that when Jake was given those emotional beats, he couldn't quite deliver. Like that scene with Ana and Mariana back in season 2. I didn't even notice it until Noah started playing Jesus, either, but I find myself now bothered by some of Jake's scenes. I know it's an odd thing to notice, but it's just something that I've felt. I honestly just prefer Noah's Jesus, not just because Jesus now has better storylines not centered around his dating life, but he's gotten family-centered storylines. Now, they do happen to center around Gabe in some way, but he also has other storylines around his TBI, his insecurities, something that they didn't dive into with Jake's Jesus for whatever reason. 

Maybe it's because I prefer Jesus' new personality that I can say this. Because of it, we've got to see multiple interactions with his moms, something we never quite got with Jake's Jesus for whatever reason, and hell, we got a Jesus/Callie scene that never happened in the first two seasons. And I think that he still cares about girls; he's had his storylines with Emma. But I do appreciate that he's getting more focus on his other aspects. And personally, I liked the wrestling but didn't love it because it felt more shallow as it was really just a cover for his girl problems by the end of it. I would like to see him get back to that at some point, but wrestling was supposed to be about his ADHD. I wish they had balanced that aspect out better. Again, they tend to forget about his ADHD, something I wish they went into more depth in the first two seasons but never quite did. 

14 minutes ago, Cassandre said:

And what you say is like saying that two women can't raise kids without some man somewhere if they have boys. And that's actually what I feel about the show with all these bio dads right now. Gabe is just the limit. And that video promo was just too much for me. That's why I love Donald. He came, he said "I'm not a parent" and we never saw him again... (But I guess he will come back one day when Jude needs a male role model). 

I didn't say that, though. I said that all boys need some sort of male role model. I didn't say that said male needed to raise them. I also said that girls needed a female role model, even if they were raised by two dads or one dad. Whether that is a coach, a teacher, an aunt or uncle, or some other form of adult, that's more of the point I'm trying to make. Donald did right because he knew he couldn't be a parent, he was honest right out with Jude and Callie, and both got the closure that they needed. That storyline was done well. I think that Jesus could have just had that closure with Gabe as his storyline and I would have been perfectly alright with it too. But, like Robert, Gabe seems to be sticking around for a bit. 

And it's totally fine if Gabe's your limit. They're running out of biological parents to bring onto this show, so hopefully it's the last bio parent that shows up. It's not that I need an influx of Gabe anyway; I just like what it's giving Jesus' growth as a character. Personally, since we've seen so much of Ana/Mariana's scenes, it's nice to see some Jesus/Gabe scenes, but I think the balance is uneven and I do think they should tone down on the biological route in season 5. Hopefully they do, but I'm not sure if they will. Even with Robert, there's that looming presence with him that makes me worry that Callie will eventually go live with him so her and Brandon can get back together. So your worries about the biological aspect are on the same level as mine, just in different ways!

17 minutes ago, Cassandre said:

Second I seriously don't understand your point of view here. I guess we won't agree but that's okay. When you talk about Mike as the guy who could have been Jesus male role model and even wish he could have interacted with the other kids.  I find this an incredible thing to say.  I love Mike and I liked that scene when he was playing basketball with Jesus but don't you think it was overstepping for him to come with that wrestling idea ? We are talking about a guy who was an absolute jerk towards Lena in the first episodes. He didn't want her to have to decide what to do with Brandon about punishing him or not. 

Hey, as long as you like the debate, then I'm cool with continuing for a bit, even if we don't agree. I think he could have been a bit pushy in the situation, and I think he could have took Stef and Lena aside to give them the suggestion on wrestling, but what he suggested wasn't necessarily a bad thing. I do think that he thought that he was helping, but he definitely toed the line there. Mike's gotten a lot better since those first episodes. I still think, as someone who is active in the Adams-Foster lives, if he wanted to and if Stef/Lena let him, he could have been helpful with the others kids when they needed it. But that didn't happen and I'm ok with that. 

(edited)
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I didn't say that, though. I said that all boys need some sort of male role model. I didn't say that said male needed to raise them. I also said that girls needed a female role model, even if they were raised by two dads or one dad. Whether that is a coach, a teacher, an aunt or uncle, or some other form of adult, that's more of the point I'm trying to make.

I thought about that. These kids do have an uncle. So instead of Mike or another man, I would have seen someone from the family. But since Nathan is not Lena's favourite person I guess that couldn't be possible. He didn't even seem to care about the kids anyway.  At least Mike was there to make breakfast... 

Even with Robert, there's that looming presence with him that makes me worry that Callie will eventually go live with him so her and Brandon can get back together.

I hope that won't happen. I just wish they could stop with the drama and just let this family be. 

but what he suggested wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

No, it wasn't. And I know he was trying to help. I think it's just something the writers didn't think of. Lena has always do nothing but try to help Brandon too. But well, it was years ago when they didn't get along. 

I think that I do see a lot of it as a Jake vs Noah matter. From what we've seen on the show, Jake and Noah did portray Jesus differently. I liked Jake's Jesus, as I stated. I always wondered why they only gave him girl-centric storylines and not family-centric storylines. Besides the odd episode that he had with Mariana, Jesus often didn't have interactions with his family. I don't know whether it was a pure actor problem or the show just didn't care. I don't know; I just personally find that when Jake was given those emotional beats, he couldn't quite deliver. Like that scene with Ana and Mariana back in season 2. I didn't even notice it until Noah started playing Jesus, either, but I find myself now bothered by some of Jake's scenes. I know it's an odd thing to notice, but it's just something that I've felt. I honestly just prefer Noah's Jesus, not just because Jesus now has better storylines not centered around his dating life, but he's gotten family-centered storylines. Now, they do happen to center around Gabe in some way, but he also has other storylines around his TBI, his insecurities, something that they didn't dive into with Jake's Jesus for whatever reason. 

Maybe it's because I prefer Jesus' new personality that I can say this. Because of it, we've got to see multiple interactions with his moms, something we never quite got with Jake's Jesus for whatever reason, and hell, we got a Jesus/Callie scene that never happened in the first two seasons. And I think that he still cares about girls; he's had his storylines with Emma. But I do appreciate that he's getting more focus on his other aspects. And personally, I liked the wrestling but didn't love it because it felt more shallow as it was really just a cover for his girl problems by the end of it. I would like to see him get back to that at some point, but wrestling was supposed to be about his ADHD. I wish they had balanced that aspect out better. Again, they tend to forget about his ADHD, something I wish they went into more depth in the first two seasons but never quite did. 

As I like both actors, I can't really tell.  I just prefer how Jesus was portrayed by Jake. That doesn't mean I don't like Noah and what he's been doing. That scene in the first episode of season four where  Jesus run to grab Mariana after they found her is one of the best thing I've  seen in the show. But as you say "Jake and Noah did portray Jesus differently". That's why I see the new Jesus as a whole new character. When I watch old episodes and see Jake, I just miss him. Maybe he didn't have a lot to do with Stef and Lena, but he always defended them and his family. The new Jesus may have more to do with the family and have more interesting storylines but my concerns are just about Stef and Lena and how it looks like he cares more about Gabe than them. I think the old was fine with his moms. He would have never looked for his bio father (I blame this on Nick... ) The old Jesus is the one  who said  how he felt about Stef and Lena more than once. In the pilot he told Callie "they prefer the term people but yes they are gay". In episode 4 season one still, he noticed how Mariana was selfish because she didn't want to dance with Stef and Lena after all they did for that quinceanera. Jesus didn't also want to see Ana unlike Mariana that time their bio mom wrote that letter Stef was keeping. And in that family dinner with the Rivera where Franck was talking about that catholic camp, Jesus told them that nothing someone could ever say would change the way he feels about his family. So even if Noah has more family-centric storylines (and with Stef and Lena) I have never heard such things from his mouth.

There were some BTS with Maia and Jake so I guess that's why we didn't see them that much. Maybe it was the same thing with the other actors. Or maybe the show just didn't care as you say.

Edited by Cassandre
  • Love 1

New episode descriptions are out:

August 1 (8:00 – 9:01 p.m. EDT) – Episode 5004 – “Too Fast, Too Furious” 
Callie and Aaron discuss taking their relationship to the next level. Mariana finds fulfillment training with the Latina derby team. Brandon’s new girlfriend Grace catches him playing hero to his ex-girlfriend Courtney. 

August 8 (8:00 – 9:01 p.m. EDT) – Episode 5005 – “Telling” 
The Fosters kids attend a party at the Derby warehouse, but things escalate quickly when the cops show up. Lena struggles when Stef starts to become obsessed with an ongoing case at work, meanwhile Brandon’s relationship with Grace is put into jeopardy with Courtney back in his life. 

August 15 (8:00 – 9:01 p.m. EDT) – Episode 5006 – “Welcome to the Jungler” 
Callie is torn with turning over a new leaf or supporting a cause that means a lot to her, while Jude and Taylor begin making gaming videos that earn them unwanted notoriety. Stef makes major headway in her case. 

August 22 (8:00 – 9:01 p.m. EDT) – Episode 5007 – “Chasing Waterfalls” 
Lena’s parents are back in town for a visit, while Callie and Aaron get closer than ever before. Mariana tries to get closer to Logan, but it backfires when his girlfriend catches wind of it. 

August 29 (8:00 – 9:01 p.m. EDT) – Episode 5008 – “Engaged” 
Brandon throws a party which turns south when secrets are revealed. Mariana and Jude try to convince the students to vote against their school going private. 

Just an FYI, episode 9 is called "Prom" and is the 5A finale. Remember, S5 is 18 episodes.

http://ww.disneyabcpress.com/freeform/shows/the-fosters/press-releases/

Do not care about Cortney and basically none of these plots seem interesting besides Stef/Lena and Lena's parents dropping in.

22 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

Do not care about Cortney and basically none of these plots seem interesting besides Stef/Lena and Lena's parents dropping in.

Hmm. Yeah, so nothing on Jesus, I knew that Courtney was showing back up (I still feel like she could be pregnant; why else would she be back in Brandon's life?Or he's trying to help with her ex boyfriend) and Callie and Aaron are still together. 

I think the current pregnancy/abortion storyline and Brandon's involvement in it is foreshadowing. I REALLY think Courtney is going to tell Brandon she's pregnant.  That weird break up with makeup sex thing they did is bound to have consequences.  Otherwise, it had no point. I think she will either be past the point of legal abortion or wanting him to pay for an abortion and he feels some kind of way about it. If he doesn't want her to get an abortion it will push Jesus even further over the edge since Brandon was okay with taking Emma to abort HIS child.  If she's past the point of abortion and Brandon is going to be a dad . . . that would also destroy Jesus *and* Stef and probably Callie. Jesus would have a constant reminder of HIS aborted baby if Brandon's baby is around. 

• Love 1

I love how damn dramatic these sneak peaks are, especially the scene where Lena tells Steff to just "pour herself another glass of wine" and the soundtrack actually GASPS at her! Are we supposed to have noticed Steff drinking too much? Maybe a little bit, but compared to everything else, it hasn't been that noticeable.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I love how damn dramatic these sneak peaks are, especially the scene where Lena tells Steff to just "pour herself another glass of wine" and the soundtrack actually GASPS at her! Are we supposed to have noticed Steff drinking too much? Maybe a little bit, but compared to everything else, it hasn't been that noticeable.

No. That's not it. According to this, Stef gets drunk during dinner with Tess and her husband. Maybe Stef is a happy drunk or she reveals things about her life that she wouldn't have otherwise, or Lena is resentful that Stef is acting so carefree when she's dealing with all of the kids' issues by herself. 

Edited by ShortyMac
50 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

Mariana throws an alternative prom at the Derby warehouse; Brandon asks Grace to the prom and learns it may be his last night with her.

Why? Is she dying or something? Is she moving away? Is she breaking up with him? 

As for those sneak peeks.... yeah. Stef/Lena threatening to arrest their son, who has a TBI, and assuming that he won't pass those proficiency tests. It might be unrealistic in a sense, but I'm willing to bet Jesus does pass them, which leads Stef/Lena into just saying no to him dropping out. Why is it that NOW they're going to start the tough love approach that they've never done before, starting with the kid with a brain injury? I get that his anger issues might be, in part, acting out and he needs to be told that it's not right and that he needs to take control of what he can, but their threats are not making me like them much at all. They fought hard to keep Callie out of jail, even though she legit made every single wrong choice possible. But for Jesus trying to drop out of school, Lena will happily have Stef arrest him because it'll....teach him a lesson? 

I'm irritated enough by Callie's storyline to not watch her sneak peek. 

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

As for those sneak peeks.... yeah. Stef/Lena threatening to arrest their son, who has a TBI, and assuming that he won't pass those proficiency tests. It might be unrealistic in a sense, but I'm willing to bet Jesus does pass them, which leads Stef/Lena into just saying no to him dropping out. Why is it that NOW they're going to start the tough love approach that they've never done before, starting with the kid with a brain injury? I get that his anger issues might be, in part, acting out and he needs to be told that it's not right and that he needs to take control of what he can, but their threats are not making me like them much at all. They fought hard to keep Callie out of jail, even though she legit made every single wrong choice possible. But for Jesus trying to drop out of school, Lena will happily have Stef arrest him because it'll....teach him a lesson? 

I cannot agree with this enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1