Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculations

Complete spec: Bailee Madison is guest starring in a role I've seen described as "someone from Callie's past." The two look enough alike that they could be sisters. I wonder if we will learn that Callie has a half-sister courtesy of the non-Donald bio dad?

Teri Polo seems to be quite goofy on set. What is she doing there on the kitchentable? Stretching excercises?

Complete spec: Bailee Madison is guest starring in a role I've seen described as "someone from Callie's past." The two look enough alike that they could be sisters. I wonder if we will learn that Callie has a half-sister courtesy of the non-Donald bio dad?

Looks likely to me. And they might be not far apart in age. Has Callie's bio dad a happy family? Was Callie an "accident" from an affair? When his name was on the birth certificate, that means (as far as I know), that he must have known she was born, it takes an Acknowledgment of Paternity, doesn't it? Why didn't he stay in contact? And what if Callie's bio dad has a family, with a daughter close to Callie's age, what impact will that have on Callie? Will it change how she feels about her mother? Not to mention the question if her bio dad will agree to adobtion if she still wants it.

As much as it seemed to be too much drama in the final episode of season 1, I can see, why they came up with Callie having a different bio dad and it becoming known now. New obstacle, more drama to tell. And a different kind of story for Callie, not all about being the outcast, trouble with Juvie and having the wrong right friends (Daphne is a good friend but for sure not the kind of person middle-class decent parents normally like their kids to hang out with).

Crap. Dani's still around. That better be addressed.

Guess it will, but in what way?  Just the personal drama for Brandon coming with it, drunken one night stand with the just ex of his father, or with all consequences like possible jail time for Dani? For sure though looks like thery're not going to solve it in the very first episode and take a bit of time.

Guess it will, but in what way?  Just the personal drama for Brandon coming with it, drunken one night stand with the just ex of his father, or with all consequences like possible jail time for Dani? For sure though looks like thery're not going to solve it in the very first episode and take a bit of time.

Yeah, not sure but I hope they go the jail route. They handled Callie's rape and the subsequent idiocy of certain law proceedings. I really don't want them to ignore the statutory rape thing because Brandon's male. 

Part of me really wants to see Stef punch Dani, but I also know how upsetting it will be for her to hear so I'm torn...

Edited by BelovedMaeve

Much of the spoilers sound pretty predictable and as much as I wished she was gone, especially with that stupid season finale hook-up, I knew Dani would be around particularly once she found Mike with his hands all bloodied. That's clearly going to be an issue. And like I said, I'm still expecting the season finale pregnancy bomb at which point I will finally give up the show. 

But that said, a couple of things that bugged me about these spoilers - that Lena/Timothy mess. I honestly can't even feel bad for Lena and instead just know I'm going to be annoyed at them because I'm sorry but the utter stupidity of picking someone you know personally to be a sperm donor when you have no plans for the father to be involved is just mind boggling. And then you go through the process without having any legal documents signed. So a part of me just feels like they deserve what's going to come. 

Meanwhile I need the show to effectively end the Anna mess because that character's just becoming like an annoying rash that keeps flaring up. One spoiler that threw me was Stef being concerned about Brandon with his hand, slowly parting from his family and his relationship with the new girl. Now the hand and pulling away from the family I get but shouldn't Stef be thrilled by Brandon developing a relationship with a girl his age and essentially moving on from the Callie mess? Unless Lou is some kind of juvenile delinquent which the spoilers don't seem to suggest at all. 

Taking the spoilers on that tumblr with a grain of caution, any spoilers. Whoever is writing that blog, wrote in February, Mariana will have sex with Chace in episode 1x16. So some details might not be right.

Yeah I think there was one or two things stated that never happened. But judging by shots of the cast filming, script pages and all I'd say they clearly are legitimate on some level but perhaps storylines just get changed and re-written.

Per Ask Ausiello:

Question: Anything about The Fosters? —Karyn

Ausiello: Look for Callie to forge an “instant connection” with her surprise half-sister Sophia, previews the actress’ portrayer, Maia Mitchell, adding, “As an older sister, she absolutely wants to protect this girl — she can see that she is going through some tough stuff and maybe is a little lonely. She’s really trying to find a balance between staying true to her family and the Fosters, [and] also looking after this girl, who is obviously needing her right now. It’s a balancing act.”

ABC Family Press Releases for the next 3 eps

7-14 (2.05)

In the episode titled, “Truth Be Told,” Callie frets about the anxiety her recent decisions have caused Jude. Emma second-guesses her breakup with Jesus, putting him in an awkward position with a new love interest and with Mariana, who becomes unwillingly involved in his dilemma. Stef struggles with her suspicions about Mike and debates moving forward with her investigation into Ana’s disappearance. When Brandon’s bandmates take him on a hike for some “special” inspiration, Brandon opens up to an unexpected confidant about his past transgressions. And Callie’s emotions get the better of her when things get hot and heavy with Wyatt.

7-21 (2.06)

The Fosters face an unforeseen tragedy in a new episode of "The Fosters," airing Monday, July 21 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.

In the episode titled "Mother," tragedy strikes the Fosters and they must look to each other for strength. Stef confronts Mike about Ana, and he comes clean about why he was at the halfway house the night of Ana's disappearance. Meanwhile, Wyatt seeks relationship advice from a very uncomfortable Brandon, and Mariana is still furious with Jesus for putting her in the middle of his girl problems.

7-28 (Episode 2.07)

Lena supports Brandon as he unloads a long-held secret that could tear his family apart. Callie brings Jude for a visit with the Quinn family in the hopes that Jude will no longer feel so threatened by this other side of Callie’s life. Meanwhile, Jesus is torn between feelings of guilt over his failed relationship with Emma and pressure to prove his loyalty to Hayley. Mariana’s dance team prepares for an upcoming competition, and her insecurities threaten to get the best of her. The episode, titled “The Longest Day,” was written by Marissa Jo Cerar and directed by Nzingha Stewart.

ABC Family accidentally shared and deleted the promo for "Mother" but someone else reuploaded it. I'm not sure if I should share it, since it was a mistake... nah, it's fair game, right? Well, watch if you want:

Definitely seems like they're heading in that direction, @galax-arena, if not now then perhaps for the finale.

I'm happy with the spoilers. I thought they might drag out the Brandon/Dani reveal and was worried that Lena and Brandon were going to keep that a secret. I'm glad that it looks like she convinces him to open up about what happened to him to the family. The fallout from that should be huge. I'm enjoying that the writers are finally addressing what kind of relationship Brandon and Lena have with this storyline. But before we can get to that it would seem we have to deal with Lena losing that baby. Based on the description and title of the episode I don't know how it could be anything else. 

Saw this picture on twitter. It's not from the episodes we've seen thus far. I don't think Lena looses the baby, just a scare. She's probably put on bed rest. See the BP monitor? Stef is probably checking her pressure & the family will wait on her hand & foot while she's on said bed rest. JMO.

Part of me is thinking that this will be just a scare, but later on the baby will have health problems, or will be born with Down's Syndrome or something. Both actresses are at least 40, and the risk of such things skyrockets the later in life a woman gets pregnant. I can't decide whether I think losing the baby or having a a baby who isn't altogether healthy would be more dramatic. Personally, I wish Lena never got pregnant in the first place, considering Stef and Lena already have 5 teenage kids who have enough issues of their own to contend with.....and they've already made clear (refreshingly so, I'll point out) that these ladies aren't made of money. Childless as I am, I still often find myself wondering how much it must cost to feed that big of a family (especially three growing and active young men) for a week. That grocery bill must be huge.

A not-so-healthy baby storyline might be interesting though in the sense that, depending on the condition, they could end up having to spend a lot of time in a hospital, and therefore missing out on life events with their other kids, missing work, worrying about crazy hospital bills, etc.

That being said, I'm much more interested in seeing the Brandon/Dani story play out than anything having to do with a baby.....especially once Stef finds out. I can't wait for the fallout. Also, I very much want it to be the case that Mike is helping Ana get clean.

Press release for August 4th episode.

8/4 (2.08)

Callie visits Girls United and learns much has changed since she left, in an episode entitled "Girls Reunited." Callie pays a visit to Girls United to pitch in for Community Day and is surprised by new developments at her former foster group home. Paranoid neighbors are putting pressure on the home's landlord to kick the girls out, and a new resident has secrets that could jeopardize the safety of the entire group. Meanwhile, Mariana and Hayley plan to cook a romantic double-date dinner for Mat and Jesus. And Stef receives a concerning letter from Ana.

I loved the Girls United stories from last year, so I'm really excited to see more from there. I love that they're addressing the problems that group homes and shelters face from communities. I work in the social services field, so I see it all the time that people fully support a cause, but then throw a fit when a group home or shelter moves into their neighborhood.

August 18 summer finale:

Callie turns to her biological father when she learns Rita and the Girls United foster group home are in dire need of support, but her good deed threatens to backfire in the Summer finale of "The Fosters," airing Monday, August 18 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.

In an effort to help Rita with a dilemma involving Girls United, Callie calls in a favor from her wealthy biological father, Robert Quinn. But an unexpected betrayal threatens to derail the new bond she's forging with the Quinns.

Meanwhile, the pressure Connor faces from his father to end his friendship with Jude intensifies and leads Lena to make a life-changing decision. The tension mounts between Brandon and Lou, despite their bandmate Mat's warnings against drama. And a visit with someone from his past makes Jesus see his relationship with Hayley in a whole new light.

The episode, titled "Someone's Little Sister," was written by Joanna Johnson and directed by Norman Buckley.

August 18 summer finale:

Callie turns to her biological father when she learns Rita and the Girls United foster group home are in dire need of support, but her good deed threatens to backfire in the Summer finale of "The Fosters," airing Monday, August 18 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.

In an effort to help Rita with a dilemma involving Girls United, Callie calls in a favor from her wealthy biological father, Robert Quinn. But an unexpected betrayal threatens to derail the new bond she's forging with the Quinns.

Meanwhile, the pressure Connor faces from his father to end his friendship with Jude intensifies and leads Lena to make a life-changing decision. The tension mounts between Brandon and Lou, despite their bandmate Mat's warnings against drama. And a visit with someone from his past makes Jesus see his relationship with Hayley in a whole new light.

The episode, titled "Someone's Little Sister," was written by Joanna Johnson and directed by Norman Buckley.

Feel like the unexpected betrayal is related to Sophia. Maybe she gets a little unhinged because Callie doesn't want to move in? Anyway that should be good.

Not really sure what to make of Brandon and Lou as that's barely been developed at this point.

Hope the person from Jesus' past is Ana and not Lexi (I haaaaaaaated Lexi).

This sneak peek with Mariana and Mat has me cringing:

I really hope it's different from what I'm expecting, which is Mat trying to teach Mariana/get her to accept her Latina roots. We've already seen him semi-lecturing her about trying to fit in with her white friends, so it's not a stretch. 

It's not your place, Mat. Don't go there. 

• Love 2

First promo for the Christmas special. One month. I've missed this show!

"Brandon looks back on Callie and Jude’s first Christmas with the Foster family in an all-new holiday-themed episode of “The Fosters,” airing Monday, December 8 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.

As Callie and Jude spend their first Christmas with the Fosters, Callie feels the sting of still being an official foster kid while Jude’s guilt over having been adopted has him overcompensating. Stef feels that Grandma Sharon’s (guest star Annie Potts, “Any Day Now”) gift giving is excessive, especially when she learns where the money is coming from. Lena must face her own bias against another family member.

Meanwhile, Jesus enters the neighborhood house decorating competition and is accused of cheating by his neighbor Mr. Nesbit (guest star Michael Fairman, “The Young and the Restless”).

The episode, titled “Christmas Past,” was written by Joanna Johnson and directed by Norman Buckley."

Looks like it will be Brandon flashing back post 2A finale to a Christmas that took place maybe shortly after Jude's adoption in the 1B finale given that his hand is back in the cast?

Edited by GildedLily
  • Love 1

Just FYI, for those like me who cannot wait, the Christmas ep is available this week on abcfamily.com or the WATCHABCF ep with most cable providers. It is set to expire on December 7th before the episode airs next Monday. 

Edited by GildedLily
  • Love 1

2B trailer is out for anyone who didn't see it.

I'm excited for family camping, reliving my middle school days with Kerr Smith on my TV, a lack of Jesus in the promo and because I'm a glutton for punishment, I'm excited for Brallie angst which my shipper heart did not get nearly enough of last season.

Less excited for this "custody battle" the show wants to push. Why is Robert telling Stef he plans to fight for custody? With his money and connections, he could probably have a court order placing her into his custody and care in a relatively short time given there is already a DNA test and the Fosters would have no legal avenue to fight that. Rightly or wrongly, S/L have no legal rights to her and no standing to pursue any in court as foster parents until after she is deemed legally free for adoption (parental rights of the bio parents have been terminated a la the twins). Until that point, they are basically her caretakers paid by the State, at least in the The eyes of the law. The show seems set on having the Fosters "fight" for Callie and I get that it's drama but really they'd have no legal recourse to do so and would have to hope Robert dropped this. The only parties to Robert's case are him and the State, Callie's legal guardian.

Edited by GildedLily

Also? How old is Callie again? She's sure as hell old enough to tell a court, a judge, where she wants to live.

Sure if this was a divorce case or something like that where both parties had actual legal rights to her. Even possibly if S/L had adopted her and Robert had found out about her later and sued to void the adoption. But they don't. She's a ward of the state with a file that reads unstable on paper. A judge might ask her- but more likely a law guardian (court appointed attorney) will offer an opinion for her based on reading her file (which would say she's know these people 6 months) and maybe meeting with her once. And Robert could bring in a highly credentialed psychologist as an expert witness to offer an opinion that due to years of trauma, she can't be relied on to give an opinion as to her best interest. But the bigger issue is that foster parents have no legal rights to make a claim for custody or for termination and biological parents who aren't unfit- abusive, serious addiction etc.- have a fundamental right recognized in every state to parent their biological children. Some judges would immediately order her to another foster home while this was sorted out if they believed the foster parents were trying to get in the way of reunification with the bio parent. Callie's wishes aren't grounds grounds to terminate Robert's rights- plenty of adolescents and teens are both returned to and taken away from bio relatives against their wishes every day in every state. It has to be a truly egregious situation for bio parent rights to be terminated- think horrifying and multiply that by 10. And Callie's wishes certainly don't give Stef and Lena the standing to make a claim for custody- they simply don't have standing, if they're lucky they might get to testify but the State, not them, would have to decide to fight Robert's custody claim. Which is unlikely. Perhaps S/L could pay so Callie could sue for emancipation from the State/Robert if his rights are reinstated but that wouldn't be a quick process and it's unlikely she'd be allowed to remain in their home for the year or more that it would be pending. But maybe eventually she'd get back that way or turn 18 waiting. They might also be able to bring a claim on Jude's behalf for visitation,

Just my take as an attorney who represented the. State (not California though) in these types of cases for 3 years. Like I said I'm sure the show may throw reality right out the window and Stef and Lena will get a lawyer and go to court and even win. That would be a disservice though to any audience member who is considering fostering. The reality is the State can remove her at will if they decide Robert should have custody and at that point S/L have no say. This happens in cases where the child has been with the foster family for significantly longer than Callie- there's a well publicized case right now in TN where a 10 year old was removed out of state to live with her formerly incarcerated father after eight years ( so more or less her whole life) with her foster family whose adoption attempt was voided. They have been trying to fight it for over a year with little success. Younger child than Callie obviously but also perhaps a more compelling case for the foster parents- they had her from toddlerhood and are all she knows- goes to show the reality that courts, with few exceptions, will go with the bio parents if child is not in physical danger.

Just my take as an attorney who represented the. State (not California though) in these types of cases for 3 years. Like I said I'm sure the show may throw reality right out the window and Stef and Lena will get a lawyer and go to court and even win. That would be a disservice though to any audience member who is considering fostering. The reality is the State can remove her at will if they decide Robert should have custody and at that point S/L have no say. This happens in cases where the child has been with the foster family for significantly longer than Callie- there's a well publicized case right now in TN where a 10 year old was removed out of state to live with her formerly incarcerated father after eight years ( so more or less her whole life) with her foster family whose adoption attempt was voided. They have been trying to fight it for over a year with little success. Younger child than Callie obviously but also perhaps a more compelling case for the foster parents- they had her from toddlerhood and are all she knows- goes to show the reality that courts, with few exceptions, will go with the bio parents if child is not in physical danger.

True.

I know of a case, outrageous in my opinion, where the state is threatening (they say they will definitely, gave a date) to remove a kid from a foster family who wants to adopted, has adopted before, to put the kid in a group home. 

Callie just keeps getting dumped on with one thing after another. Seriously, show?

For realsies! The hits just keep coming, large and small.  Although, while the transcripts thing is shitty and unfair and totally over kill on the Callie can't catch a break front, I was sort of glad to see Wyatt with no fucks to give re: Callie.  I'm sure it won't last and he'll be back to mooning at her, but she didn't treat him very well and he has the right to be hurt.

I agree the transcript thing feels like overkill, but I've always been under the impression that foster kids (especially older foster kids like Callie) do get a ton of crap dumped on them. If anyone has experience with the foster system, I would appreciate reading your thoughts on the topic. If it is true, than I think the show is doing a good job of showing Callie, even with Lena and Stef in her corner, is still in a very unstable situation. She never gets to feel totally safe, totally at home.

I really don't think Jesus is dead. Here is my theory:

Ana died in the car accident, but the baby somehow will survive. The grandparents will take in the baby. Jesus will be so upset over everything that he will decide to take the scholarship and leave. Mariana will try to continue to be in the baby's life, so we will see more of the grandparents. I think Mariana is going to end up working in the bakery with her grandparents.

• Love 1