Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Ho-ly K.I.T.T.

dcalley
  • Start Topic

A shared love of ``Knight Rider'' brings Murray and Uncle Marvin together, until Adam ruins it; Beverly invites Lainey and Bill to Thanksgiving dinner, so Barry won't split his time between the two houses.

The (real) turkey fire was scary big.

• Love 11

Liked this episode. Wish they hadn't brought Geoff into it... That storyline just drags the show down. I liked the interactions between Murray, Marvin(that's the Uncle's name, right?) and Adam and the conflict between Beverly and Bill with Barry and Laney trying to play peacemakers.

As a vegetarian I found it true to life how dismissive people were of Erica. I have had relatives tell me it was a phase(even though I had already been Vegetarian for years). Multiple people have actually asked me what I eat at Thanksgiving, as if turkey is the only thing served.

Edited by MadyGirl1987
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Skyfall said:

Well we almost made it two episodes without the triangle...

God yes... as they panned around the dining table, I realized, "holy crap! No Geoff baloney horribleness! Good episode!" And then the effing tag had to ruin it.

And was there Depeche Mode at the end? Missed it. I know the ubiquitous "feel good/teary" song with the brothers in the car was "The Promise" by When in Rome. I know because I had the cassingle. Now THERE'S some memberberries.

• Love 9

The Adam/Murray/Marvin storyline was probably my favorite.  I couldn't believe how easily Adam manipulated Murray and Marvin.  Though I will say that Murray sort of deserved it for screwing Adam over the way he did.

I also liked Beverly and Bill's conflict and escalating food feud, as well as Barry trying not to orgasm over Bill's food.

Minimal Eric and Al.  And again, no appearances from cute little Lucky. She's in the promo pictures, Show!  Bring back her cameos!

• Love 3

I don't know if I just needed a laugh this week or what, but I laughed till I cried over the flying turkey denting KITT.

Marvin (whisper screams): Son of a bitch!

Murray: Holy crap!

Marvin: KITT's hurt real bad.

Adam: Balls

• Love 12
16 hours ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

As a vegetarian I found it true to life how dismissive people were of Erica. I have had relatives tell me it was a phase(even though I had already been Vegetarian for years). Multiple people have actually asked me what I eat at Thanksgiving, as if turkey is the only thing served.

IKR?  I was disappointed her vegetarian 'phase' only lasted about 10 minutes.  I quit eating meat at age 20 and it was right before Thanksgiving, and I also had that book Erica was carrying around, so I could relate.  My mom was all flipped out about how my grandma would be hurt that I wouldn't be eating turkey, and I figured there's so much food besides turkey, what difference would it make.  My grandma essentially did a Murray and implied that I was a moron, and I stuffed myself silly with all the other goodies on the table.

• Love 3

The furniture story really must make a lot money.  They had dozens of Knight Rider tapes.  Tapes in 1983 were $15-$12 ($35 today), by 1985 they were around $10.  You did a lot of recording at the 6 hour and the quality was terrible.

• Love 1

I'm thinking the Real Turkey Fire may not have been out of Adam's personal collections. It did say, "For all the Deep Fried Turkeys Out There." It may have just been a viral clip they managed to find.

I always enjoy the Thanksgiving episodes, and Marvin's "Gig of the Year" never cease to bring the laughs. Despite the 14 year age difference between Garlin and Fogler, they really work well as brothers.

• Love 4

I'm feeling super nostalgic recently for some reason and this episode really got to me.  Coulda done without "The Promise," show!

It reminded me of Thanksgivings when I was in high school and thirty years later they're just...different.

When my son texts or calls me the ringtone on my phone is the Knight Rider theme so when Adam rolled out of the garage on his pedal car I instinctively looked at my phone for a text.  Even though my son was a. in the house and b. sleeping.

• Love 7
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 2:10 PM, Shellie said:
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:45 PM, MadyGirl1987 said:

IKR?  I was disappointed her vegetarian 'phase' only lasted about 10 minutes.

It was as if Adam F. thought "Oh, I need to give Erica a subplot this episode. Let's make her a 10-minute vegetarian and wrap it up into attention." Bad plotline, Dave Kim!

Edited by NutmegsDad
Dave Kim.
  • Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 5:01 AM, dcalley said:

Lea Thompson directed this episode. She knows something about famous '80s cars.

I saw her listed and was wondering if it was the same Lea Thompson from the 80s.  I guess so

Also Fred Savage and Joanna Kerns have directed episodes. 

Had fun trying to explain to my 11 year old son about KITT and this being a real show. 

Also it always remind me of The Simpsons, they do a parody called Knightboat.  There's always a river.  Or an inlet.  Or a Fjord.

• Love 1

So, a day or two after watching this episode I was at Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and something was niggling at my mind.  Finally it dawned on me -- "Hey!  That's uncle Marvin!!"  Didn't realize Dan Fogler was in that movie too.  It was hilarious watching him in two different genres in one week. 

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 7:45 PM, MadyGirl1987 said:

As a vegetarian I found it true to life how dismissive people were of Erica. I have had relatives tell me it was a phase(even though I had already been Vegetarian for years).

The same is true of Lisa on The Simpsons, actually.  Marge constantly writes off her vegetarianism as "a phase," even though she went vegetarian in the show's seventh season and currently still is a vegetarian in its twenty-ninth season.

So Lisa's at least let it stick for her.  Erica, on the other hand, just couldn't do the same.  Guess they have different strengths and constitutions.

• Love 1