Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: All Good

• Start Topic

I liked this ep. The preparations for the High Yella opening were fun to watch. I also enjoyed Nova and Charlie bonding. This show does such a great job with relationships and showing them in small quiet moments.

On a separate note, fuck that Boudreaux/Landry family.

• Love 12

I love Nova and Charley's relationship. They have such a fascinating Big Sister-Little Sister dynamic. Plus, Rutina and Dawn's considerable RL chemistry is always visible during their scenes.

Both girls relationships with Auntie Vi are wonderful too. One sister encourages Vi to heal & invest in herself while the other reminds Vi not to settle and to dream bigger.

Nova and Micah's relationship is beautiful. I love that she was able to get through to him without alienating him.

I hope we get more Micah and Two Sweet scenes. I could dig Micah forming his own little crew with Kiki and Two Sweet.

Bianca Lawson is acting her ass off. Her work is so seamless, it almost makes you forget Darla's complicated past. Almost.

Remy is almost too good to be true. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop with him.

Blue remains the cutest child in the world.

Ralph Angel needs to do more than cry snot bubbles and quietly seethe. Kofi Siriboe is capable of much more.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 12

I just love this show so much.  And the actress playing Charley?  She has this, jutting-jaw-resting-bitch-face that telegraphs loud and clear - DO NOT fuck with me.  We have that in common so I guess she just resonates with me.  And I am invested and care about each and every character.  Good job OWN! 

• Love 11

I died when Charley said Micah was giving her the silent treatment and Vi said she needed to give him an ass-whooping treatment. It was like she read my mind. 

13 hours ago, Dee said:

Ralph Angel needs to do more than cry snot bubbles and quietly seethe.

Hee, "snot bubbles." I think it's actually pretty good acting, because you would have to stop thinking about how gross your face looks on camera to pull that off. But the character does need to do some growing up. It was nice to see Vi being more accepting of Darla. I guess she figured that she's important to Blue and she's going to be around (for now), so she might as well make an effort for his sake. 

• Love 9

After Micah walked in Charley and Remy, I was half expecting him to tell Charley he was going to school with KiKi and not the private school just to spite her for kissing Remy. Micah was also asking for a smack. He asks his mother how she could move so fast after what his Dad did and on top of that, question if she ever loved Davis??

I agree with the decision of Darla and Ralph Angel when it came to Blue and the bully. Don’t start the fight but finish it.

I know Charley is ready to move on but I would’ve waited until after the loan was approved before filing for divorce. She is bankrolling everything and if the loan wasn’t approved legally and not because of Boudreaux’s influence the fault would’ve fallen on Charley. I know it’s hindsight given what Boudreaux did with the Bordelon’s loan, but I think Charley, if she hasn’t already, should’ve asked Aunt Vi what she knew Landry and Bordeaux did to Ernest so Charley, Nova and Ralph Angel can prepare themselves on what to expect from them and take necessary precautions like putting hidden cameras around the farmhouse to catch any Landry or Boudreaux making threats or do anything to incriminate themselves, Micah should be told on what’s going on so he can be more aware of his surroundings, especially if he comes in contact with a Landry or Boudreaux when he’s not around his family.  

I know previews are spliced together but I wonder who Ralph Angel is talking about when he said, “I can’t do nothing without her permission.” Aunt Vi walked off from Ralph Angel and Hollywood but since Aunt Vi signed off on the guardianship I don’t know what else she has over him. Not much has been said about Remy and his past. I wonder if he was one of the people who tried to stand up to the Landrys and Boudreauxs and lost.

• Love 4

Oh lord, why do I feel like Blue is going to wake up one morning to find that Darla has disappeared again, please show, don't do that to me. 

Aunt Vi had the line of the night when she told Charley that she should give Micah the ass-whooping treatment. She's such a great aunt.

Um, I'm ready for this show to show me something promising for Nova and her love life. You got something going for the other two siblings, what about her? Because what she's had so far wasn't promising. 

I like the way she spoke to Micah about his mother, he seems to listen to her. 

Poor Two Sweet.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 4

I love how complicated Nova and Charley's relationship is.  It feels so realistic. 

5 hours ago, Trace said:

I just love this show so much.  And the actress playing Charley?  She has this, jutting-jaw-resting-bitch-face that telegraphs loud and clear - DO NOT fuck with me. 

Yes, Yes, Yes.  Charley gets all steely eyed and I just want her to scorch the motherfucking earth!  When I first started watching the show, my one wish was for the siblings to forge a good relationship.  But now?  I want them to stick it to the Boudreaux/Landry's so hard!!  I want them to be the David to their Goliath.  And of course, forge a good relationship.

3 hours ago, withanaich said:

I died when Charley said Micah was giving her the silent treatment and Vi said she needed to give him an ass-whooping treatment. It was like she read my mind. 

I loved this so very much.

Also loved all the scenes in the High Yella.  I always like it when they just let loose and party.

• Love 7

I'd like to know what Charley is planning.  Her decision to wear her wedding ring to the private school event was a huge sign. Did she wear it to make a statement?  Or just to avoid gossip?  Bringing Davis to the Louisiana basketball team could give her the money and political influence to hurt the Boudreaux/Landry family.  But what would it mean personally?  Maybe its not  some secret in Remy's past that is going to pop up, but Charley going back to Davis.

Edited by pinetastic
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, pinetastic said:

I'd like to know what Charley is planning.  Her decision to wear her wedding ring to the private school event was a huge sign. Did she wear it to make a statement?  Or just to avoid gossip?  Bringing Davis to the Louisiana basketball team could give her the money and political influence to hurt the Boudreaux/Landry family.  But what would it mean personally?  Maybe its not  some secret in Remy's past that is going to pop up, but Charley going back to Davis.

I think she did it for her son. To show solidarity between her and Davis. It was Davis' donation that got their son into the school.  She did what she had to so.  Us mommas have to do that from time to time right.

• Love 8

When someone mentioned again that the Boudreaux/Landry family used to own the Bordelon family, I got a bad feeling. I wonder if it is going to turn out that there's a biological connection between the families. However, as was commented after the previous episode, Charley might be the connection just going on appearances (through her as yet unseen mother). Boy would that be a soap opera-ish plot twist though.

Did she wear it to make a statement?  Or just to avoid gossip?

The invitation to the event was to her and her husband. Maybe she realized that she might have a easier time if it looked like she and Micah's father were still together despite the scandal. From a business standpoint it also might be smart to keep up appearances but I hope she isn't going to take Davis back. He betrayed her on a huge scale and let her fight for what he knew was a lie. OTOH, I agree with comments upthread and think Remy seems almost too good to be true.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2

I doubt Charley will take Davis back, but I do think she was shrewd in wearing her wedding ring to that brunch.  

I could see Charley remaining in the marriage for the money, especially if he gets signed to the team of the man from brunch and the farm loan denial. Still, it's hard for me to imagine they couldn't get a loan from elsewhere - heck, even crowdfunding.  Are there any black farmers associations in Louisiana/Southern region that they could partner with? Does Charley have business contacts she can leverage? I get what they're going for with the Landry/Boudreaux angle, but the Internet and social media has really broken down barriers in relation to funding. 

I assume there needs to be some kind of obstacle for Remy and Charley - it's too easy.  If they go that route, I'd prefer more "longing gazes because you can't be with the one you want" vs "hot and heavy affair that will get thrown in Charley's face because this show primarily holds the female characters accountable for their flaws and choices." *inserts side-eye*

I don't care about Micah and Kiki, but I hope she's not vilified by the show in any way.  *inserts side-eye*

Co-sign with everyone else that Charley's "oh, hell to the naw" facial expressions are every.single.thing.   

I'm glad that Nova and Charley are getting along.  I hope it lasts.

I always picture the young man's name as "Tout Suite," but the meaning in this context doesn't make sense.  Too/Two Sweet makes more sense. 

Confession: I didn't miss Hollywood.  I don't think he's a bad guy at all, and would be completely okay if they reconciled.  Still, I'm glad Vi has some space to breathe and ponder and flourish on her own terms.  Fact is, he lied by omission about being married, and did so for several years.  Totally get why that would be a dealbreaker for Vi, or any woman.  That said, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I'll always wish that Vi and Charley would partner up on the business.   

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Trace said:

I think she did it for her son. To show solidarity between her and Davis. It was Davis' donation that got their son into the school.  She did what she had to so.  Us mommas have to do that from time to time right.

Because Aunt Vi appeared to know several of the people who were going to be at the event, I assumed Charlie knew that the basketball team owner would be there and she wore it to show that she was still part of Davis's life.

• Love 5

I think you're right, and that it was a smart move, for both Davis' career (which she still appears to manage, so it also benefits her) and for Micah's sake. There's no way in hell I would ever do it, but I get why she did. I just hope it doesn't become a point of contention between Charley and Remy. "Um, why are you still wearing your wedding ring?" Even if she's doing it for a good reason -- the same way Hollywood was staying married for a good reason -- that's not an easy thing to get past in a new relationship.

I don't care about Micah and Kiki, but I hope she's not vilified by the show in any way.  *inserts side-eye*

Agree completely. Are there that many young people watching this, that they thought they needed to insert a teenybopper romance? Or is this something that was in the book and made more sense there? Every second those two are onscreen feels like a waste, like time they could be spending on any of the far more interesting storylines.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

Still, it's hard for me to imagine they couldn't get a loan from elsewhere - heck, even crowdfunding.

That was my thought too - there are other banks, in other parishes. Not sure it would matter to them where the actual location of the farm was (unless that type of loan is somehow legally required to be locally funded.

13 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

I always picture the young man's name as "Tout Suite," but the meaning in this context doesn't make sense.  Too/Two Sweet makes more sense. 

It seems to me that in an early episode, Nova explained that his nickname was because he was "too sweet" to survive/manage the streets.

11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Because Aunt Vi appeared to know several of the people who were going to be at the event, I assumed Charlie knew that the basketball team owner would be there and she wore it to show that she was still part of Davis's life.

I don't know how sports managers work, but a regular agent gets a piece of the pie when they sell their client's services. So my thought was that Charley was doing it to broker a deal that would bring her a lot of cash, unattached to their joint finances.

• Love 1

I don't think Charley planned to wear her rings at first, and I assume she knew that team owner would be there. It seemed like a last minute decision.  A good one, considering that the loan denial came right before the brunch.  

Upon further reflection, I'm kinda hoping she stays married to Davis, and uses his money for the farm. Using the money of the cheater who put her life and health at risk to stick it to the racists who murdered her ancestors and put their livelihood at risk? By growing and making that farm profitable? Hmmm.  Social justice can manifest in all manner of ways...

2 hours ago, withanaich said:

Agree completely. Are there that many young people watching this, that they thought they needed to insert a teenybopper romance? Or is this something that was in the book and made more sense there? Every second those two are onscreen feels like a waste, like time they could be spending on any of the far more interesting storylines.

I read elsewhere that Micah is a girl in the book, and possibly younger? I haven't read it yet, so not sure. I like Micah well enough, but I wouldn't miss him if he wanted to go back and live with his father, heh.

• Love 3
On 11/17/2016 at 4:09 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

When someone mentioned again that the Boudreaux/Landry family used to own the Bordelon family, I got a bad feeling. I wonder if it is going to turn out that there's a biological connection between the families. However, as was commented after the previous episode, Charley might be the connection just going on appearances (through her as yet unseen mother). Boy would that be a soap opera-ish plot twist though.

With the amount of rape that went on during slavery there's no doubt they're all related.  I can see a great news story about a the former owners of a family now trying to swindle them out of their land--that would be right up Nova's alley.

Bianca Lawson continues to impress in this role. I felt a little sorry for Ms Velez but I think she dodged a bullet with Ralph Angel.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

I read elsewhere that Micah is a girl in the book, and possibly younger? I haven't read it yet, so not sure. I like Micah well enough, but I wouldn't miss him if he wanted to go back and live with his father, heh.

Yeah, Micah is a girl and eleven years old in the book. Interestingly Micah's personality is almost the same in book/show-- once you account for the change in age, gender, and family status (in the novel Davis is dead).

• Love 1
23 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

I doubt Charley will take Davis back, but I do think she was shrewd in wearing her wedding ring to that brunch.  

I could see Charley remaining in the marriage for the money, especially if he gets signed to the team of the man from brunch and the farm loan denial. Still, it's hard for me to imagine they couldn't get a loan from elsewhere - heck, even crowdfunding.  Are there any black farmers associations in Louisiana/Southern region that they could partner with? Does Charley have business contacts she can leverage? I get what they're going for with the Landry/Boudreaux angle, but the Internet and social media has really broken down barriers in relation to funding. 

I assume there needs to be some kind of obstacle for Remy and Charley - it's too easy.  If they go that route, I'd prefer more "longing gazes because you can't be with the one you want" vs "hot and heavy affair that will get thrown in Charley's face because this show primarily holds the female characters accountable for their flaws and choices." *inserts side-eye*

I don't care about Micah and Kiki, but I hope she's not vilified by the show in any way.  *inserts side-eye*

Co-sign with everyone else that Charley's "oh, hell to the naw" facial expressions are every.single.thing.   

I'm glad that Nova and Charley are getting along.  I hope it lasts.

Confession: I didn't miss Hollywood.  I don't think he's a bad guy at all, and would be completely okay if they reconciled.  Still, I'm glad Vi has some space to breathe and ponder and flourish on her own terms.  Fact is, he lied by omission about being married, and did so for several years.  Totally get why that would be a dealbreaker for Vi, or any woman.  That said, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I'll always wish that Vi and Charley would partner up on the business.   

I'm not familiar with the term "crowd funding".  Could you elaborate?

2 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

Yeah, Micah is a girl and eleven years old in the book. Interestingly Micah's personality is almost the same in book/show-- once you account for the change in age, gender, and family status (in the novel Davis is dead).

There's a BOOK??? I adore books!  (heading off to Amazon.com with the quickness)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

I like Micah well enough, but I wouldn't miss him if he wanted to go back and live with his father, heh.

I'm curious how Micah is going to like the kids at his new school. I have a feeling Keke will not be easily forgotten.

8 minutes ago, Trace said:

I'm not familiar with the term "crowd funding".  Could you elaborate?

Using sites like kickstarter, or gofundme, they could get the public to donate.  Usually its lots of people making small donations. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdfunding

Though I can't see Charley doing something like that.

Nova & Charley's relationship is the core of the show for me.

I'm anxiously waiting for them to double team Darla; when she, inevitably, becomes a point of contention in their relationship with Ralph Angel.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 1
On 11/18/2016 at 7:58 PM, pinetastic said:

I'm curious how Micah is going to like the kids at his new school. I have a feeling Keke will not be easily forgotten.

Using sites like kickstarter, or gofundme, they could get the public to donate.  Usually its lots of people making small donations. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdfunding

Though I can't see Charley doing something like that.

I see your point about Charley.  I was thinking of alternate ways to fund the farm, and that came to mind.  

I watched the show again and I’m confused about the next parish being 16 hours away. Is it in Texas? It can’t be Louisiana. My family drove through Louisiana. Even with stops, it didn’t take us 16 hours to get through that state. If the Bordelon children succeed in processing the cane, I hope they use part of that money to build their own mill. That will really stick it to the Landrys and Boudreauxs when other farmers use the Bordelon mill instead of theirs.

I think Ralph Angel gave away their hand when they talked to Boudreaux. Ralph Angel was understandably aggressive to Boudreaux but he should’ve let Charley do all the talking. I think she would’ve spoke more diplomatically to Boudreaux in letting him know they weren’t going to sell or let him think they were selling but wanted to wait until after they made a profit on the farm. If that worked, that could've save Charley and Ralph Angel from any future hostility. If Boudreaux didn’t buy that and came on aggressive then Ralph Angel and Charley could let him know they are aware of their family’s history and are not selling.

• Love 2

Didnt care about micah before Kiki. I'm in my late twenties but still a sucker for a good teen romance lol not sure micah and keke will be that tho. 

I think Davis and charlie aren't done. I think Davis is moving to the Louisiana basketball team. The actor who plays him is still going to promo events which makes no sense if his story wont be continued next season and Im not sure what else they could do with him to make him relevant. 

Darla will relapse. The set up is a wee bit too obvious.

On 11/17/2016 at 1:27 PM, withanaich said:

Me too! I cracked up. And you know she is not of the "kids can treat their elders any kind of way" school of thought.

31 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

Didnt care about micah before Kiki. I'm in my late twenties but still a sucker for a good teen romance lol not sure micah and keke will be that tho. 

I think Davis and charlie aren't done. I think Davis is moving to the Louisiana basketball team. The actor who plays him is still going to promo events which makes no sense if his story wont be continued next season and Im not sure what else they could do with him to make him relevant. 

I hope Charley stays strong. I know 18 years is a long time, but some things are unforgivable. Davis cheating would be one thing. Davis cheating for three years (at least - that's probably just the only one we know about) is another. Davis cheating AND being involved with a woman getting gang-raped is beyond the beyond.

• Love 3

I watched the show again and I’m confused about the next parish being 16 hours away. Is it in Texas? I

I'm guessing it's in the next parish, but the mill itself is 16 hours away? (So ... almost two parishes away?) Not sure; I don't really remember the specifics of that conversation, just that it was going to take them a long time and they'd be cutting it close without ruining the sugar. (Also, I'm not entirely sure how big a parish is, heh. It's basically like a county, right? So I guess some could be smaller or larger than others? Not too familiar with Louisiana geography.)

I hope Charley stays strong. I know 18 years is a long time, but some things are unforgivable. Davis cheating would be one thing. Davis cheating for three years (at least - that's probably just the only one we know about) is another. Davis cheating AND being involved with a woman getting gang-raped is beyond the beyond.

Absolutely. I actually think them being together for 18 years makes it more unforgivable, even if he had cheated only one time. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

I watched the show again and I’m confused about the next parish being 16 hours away. Is it in Texas? It can’t be Louisiana. My family drove through Louisiana. Even with stops, it didn’t take us 16 hours to get through that state. If the Bordelon children succeed in processing the cane, I hope they use part of that money to build their own mill. That will really stick it to the Landrys and Boudreauxs when other farmers use the Bordelon mill instead of theirs.

You're right - it doesn't even take 16 hours to drive from one end of California to the other - and Louisiana is nowhere near as large. My assumption was that the 16 hours included the time it takes to harvest and load all the trucks and unload them (but since that would be true for a local mill too, I guess that doesn't really add up either. On the other hand, if the 16 hours means the collective time to load, unload, and mill it - then we could be talking a few hours drive, and cutting the milling process really close, because even at the local mill, as I recall, the timing was tricky between harvesting and milling.

• Love 2

Maybe it's 16 hours because it's in northern Louisiana? Okay, no, that doesn't work, either. Maybe they have to drive really slow to keep from disturbing the cane in transit. I also thought they had bought farm equipment awhile ago.  In addition, it begs the question of how Ernest was able to mill his harvests all those years.  But I suspect we're not meant to question the storylines too deeply.  

Of course, if they'd known about the Boudreaux connection before planting, perhaps they could have secured a deal with a closer mill and had more time to strategize. I know, dead horse...what's done is done.

3 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

I think Ralph Angel gave away their hand when they talked to Boudreaux. Ralph Angel was understandably aggressive to Boudreaux but he should’ve let Charley do all the talking. I think she would’ve spoke more diplomatically to Boudreaux in letting him know they weren’t going to sell or let him think they were selling but wanted to wait until after they made a profit on the farm. If that worked, that could've save Charley and Ralph Angel from any future hostility. If Boudreaux didn’t buy that and came on aggressive then Ralph Angel and Charley could let him know they are aware of their family’s history and are not selling.

Watching this scene brought this pop culture quote to mind: Don't bring a gun to a knife fight.  But this is the same guy who pulled a gun on two men for doing their job.  No idea if Darla will relapse, but Ralph Angel is a serious loose cannon.  I've given up all hope of the show ever addressing it. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

This question everything approach makes me laugh. Can't we give the Queen Sugar writing team the benefit of the doubt?  Maybe the roads in the parish are really bad, and circuitous.  Maybe all the roads lead to the Boudreaux mill... 

4 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

A couple things here. First off Charley doesn't have the best history of staying calm in response to good ole boy tactics.  Secondly, and more importantly didn't Boudreaux drop by unexpectedly?  Just seems like a tactic to catch people off guard and intimidate. Then again, diplomacy works when the two parties are willing to negotiate.  I'm not sure there's much to negotiate. 

30 minutes ago, pinetastic said:

This question everything approach makes me laugh. Can't we give the Queen Sugar writing team the benefit of the doubt?  Maybe the roads in the parish are really bad, and circuitous.  Maybe all the roads lead to the Boudreaux mill... 

We could but what's the fun in that? ;)

Queen Sugar's writing is great but even they write things where stuff doesn't add up. I liked Greenleaf's writing but there were several times things didn't make sense. 

• Love 3

Arcadiasw, I agree, it just made me laugh.  Maybe if I'd driven in La. recently it would have caught my eye as well.  I do think it's worth questioning things in shows like Queen Sugar because it's obvious they care about the story. 

This thread did cause me to start googling sugarcane to see if I could learn more about about the process.  To see if cane has to handled super carefully. But I stopped myself going down the rabbit hole. 

Secondly, and more importantly didn't Boudreaux drop by unexpectedly?  Just seems like a tactic to catch people off guard and intimidate. Then again, diplomacy works when the two parties are willing to negotiate.  I'm not sure there's much to negotiate. 

I worried about Ralph Angel flipping out too, not because the two parties are trying to negotiate, but in his anger RA tends to show his hand. I was cringing, waiting for him to give Boudreaux a bunch of details like which mill they're going to use and the exact date and time they're leaving. It's better to make Boudreaux think they're still considering his "offer" for now so he doesn't do something like buy the other mill out from under them or sabotage their equipment. I wish the siblings would sit down and discuss how they will handle any future confrontations, both alone and separately, now that they know how dirty the Boudreaux/Landrys want to play.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, pinetastic said:

First off Charley doesn't have the best history of staying calm in response to good ole boy tactics.

I think there's a difference between being stubborn and overpaying for a tractor, and being physically threatening towards the man with a controlling stake in all the mills in your parish, and you haven't secured a deal with a mill, let alone secured the loan you need to continue farm operations.  Boudreaux was trying to intimidate, no doubt, but it was much more passive-aggressive. Gotta know how to play the hand being dealt. 

2 hours ago, withanaich said:

I worried about Ralph Angel flipping out too, not because the two parties are trying to negotiate, but in his anger RA tends to show his hand. I was cringing, waiting for him to give Boudreaux a bunch of details like which mill they're going to use and the exact date and time they're leaving. It's better to make Boudreaux think they're still considering his "offer" for now so he doesn't do something like buy the other mill out from under them or sabotage their equipment. 

Yes to the bolded. You were in my brain, as I was going to mention something similar in my original post, but decided against it. 

I wish the siblings would sit down and discuss how they will handle any future confrontations, both alone and separately, now that they know how dirty the Boudreaux/Landrys want to play.

I wonder if the second season will show more of this.  Like you, I was hoping to see more of that in this episode.  I can see this first season being the foundation to air out grievances, reveal family secrets, and grow/repair relationships. I hope we see more sibling cohesion in the second season. 

Edited by ribboninthesky1
  • Love 1

I got why Charley wore the ring to the event, but I wonder why she was trying to negotiate a deal that would bring Davis so close by geographically. As there have not been indications that he is in trouble in terms of getting a contract, why would she want him to come to a smaller team so close by--just for Micah, or other reasons?

I am invested in the history and the business dynamics, but I want them to be background--focus on the people and let that frame it, because there is so much juicy personal drama to be mined!

I thought there were indications, starting in the first episode, that he was nearing the end of his career? I don't follow sports so a lot of the specifics go right over my head, but add to that the fact that he costs quite a bit (as the guy Charley talked to said) and is now dogged by this scandal, and I think there are a lot of reasons why he might have a hard time getting a contract.

I'm sure that personally Charley would like to have Davis as far away as possible (Vi had to remind her that he's still Micah's father, and she thought Charley should let him be in his life), but she's also a businesswoman who wants the best deal she can get.

1 hour ago, withanaich said:

I'm sure that personally Charley would like to have Davis as far away as possible (Vi had to remind her that he's still Micah's father, and she thought Charley should let him be in his life), but she's also a businesswoman who wants the best deal she can get.

And when Micah makes noises about going back to LA (he blows hot, he blows cold), it would make it easier to have Davis nearer, so that it doesn't seem like as much of an option to Micah.

• Love 2

How is Charley gonna break this to Micah without him flipping out?

"Micah honey, your scumbag of a Dad, that we moved halfway across the country to get away from, might possibly be moving down here because of a business deal I unilaterally brokered" doesn't seem like the most comforting way of breaking the news.

How is Charley gonna break anything to Micah without him flipping out? Why even bother? I wish she'd decide if she wants to treat him like a five year old or like the adult he seems to think he is. "Okay, you want to get in grown people's business? Well, your father needs a job so we can afford to keep buying you nice clothes and cell phones and everything else you like, so it is what it is. You still don't have to see him if you don't want to." Except Micah is the one who seems to harbor some hope of his parents getting back together, so I don't know if it would even bother him that much to have Davis move closer. 

And I think they moved across the country to escape the paparazzi more than Davis. Because if you'll recall, he had no problems stalking them all the way to Louisiana. (Actually, for a while I was worried that the paps would follow them too, especially after Nova's boss was trying to get her to write the story.)

• Love 1

Ms Valez screwed up.  As soon as Jared(?)'s dad started talking about the "Barbie doll", she should have told RA and Darla they could leave, then explained to the other parents that they don't get to bully either.

On 11/17/2016 at 10:33 PM, biakbiak said:

Y'all got it wrong.  Charley didn't wear her wedding ring to the event, Vi told her the owner was going to be there and so she wore her CEO ring.

On 11/20/2016 at 6:24 PM, dirtypop90 said:

I hope not.  I love her and Blue as much as RA and Blue.  I'd be OK with her being tempted, but she's put so much work into being there for her boy.