Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: "The Geology Elevation"

I laughed my head off at the remote control Stephen hawking.

I had just finished watching the Speechless Thanksgiving episode, so when John Ross Bowie appeared on my screen again, this time with his lisp, it was jarring!

Edited by Big Mother
  • Love 2
On 11/18/2016 at 9:26 PM, PinkRibbons said:

Basically all actresses on TV right now wear extensions (or sometimes wigs) to make their hair look fuller on screen. In Kaley's case I think they added some length while they were there.

Based on the coloring, I think they were going for a style that would have been the latest big thing in L.A. when they filmed the episode, but seems to have just been a passing fad that has since fizzled.

My recollection is Mayim herself has commented directly, via her blog, via twitter, and if I'm not mistaken interviews (although I'm thinking of statements made since she's been on the show in general, not necessarily this season) that they basically have her wearing about six layers of clothing as Amy. That's not literally padding per se, but the show does intentionally "frump" her up for character purposes, and wearing extra layers inherently makes one look heavier. Not that she's Hollywood thin to begin with. She's a normal healthy weight for her height (note I'm not saying "average" since current average in the US is slightly overweight). She's an entirely reasonable size and since it's not plot-related I hardly think it matters.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, theatremouse said:

That's not literally padding per se, but the show does intentionally "frump" her up for character purposes, and wearing extra layers inherently makes one look heavier. Not that she's Hollywood thin to begin with. She's a normal healthy weight for her height (note I'm not saying "average" since current average in the US is slightly overweight). She's an entirely reasonable size and since it's not plot-related I hardly think it matters.

Thanks, I had a feeling it was the clothes.  What they put her in would make anyone look heavier.

• Love 1

I agree, just cant imagine this show going much longer.  the large salaries have brought many more commercials.  too short of time to cram in 3 storylines.  I realize Sheldon is the favorite of most, not me, but I as so sick of him acting dumb.  At first he was brilliant and uncomfortably awkward in social settings.  Now he just seems stupid.  I think the  best ending would be for the group to move on and out.  the last scene would be the elevator being repaired

3 minutes ago, stuckin60s said:

I agree, just cant imagine this show going much longer.  the large salaries have brought many more commercials.  too short of time to cram in 3 storylines.  I realize Sheldon is the favorite of most, not me, but I as so sick of him acting dumb.  At first he was brilliant and uncomfortably awkward in social settings.  Now he just seems stupid.  I think the  best ending would be for the group to move on and out.  the last scene would be the elevator being repaired

Yep, show them lugging Sheldon's couch down the stairs and into the lobby and then have someone else in the building come out of the newly repaired elevator or something. I've enjoyed the last few episodes so much more than the entire last season, but that just means it's time to wrap it up. Give Howard and Bernadette their baby, get Penny and Leonard actually living like a married couple and have Sheldon and Amy progress forward in some meaningful way. If the show gets another year, that should be the last.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, stuckin60s said:

No the huge success of the show has brought the large salaries AND more commercials. More ad time has been a consistent trend since the beginning of network television. The only thing that's stopped it recently has been that new technology has made commercial time less valuable and forced TV execs to try to find a different way to increase quarterly profits. Let's say that the actors were less successful in negotiating. Do you actually think that CBS wouldn't try to maximize their revenues? That Chuck Lorre wouldn't? They have one of the few bankable big hits left and are going to do everything they can to cash in. I agree that too much ad time has been detrimental to the show, but I simply can't believe that anything would be different if the actors took less money. Except where the money went of course.

• Love 6
Just now, wknt3 said:

Except where the money went of course.

My feelings exactly.  Same pool of money just shared out differently.   I don't see why the stars shouldn't get what they can while the show lasts.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, hnygrl said:

Except the show may not last. So far, contract negotiations have caused season 11 to be "not scheduled"

Any show getting a season 11 is a big deal.  As I stated last season,  Cheers, Frasier and Mash all ended after 11 seasons.  Friends after 10. Two and a half men after 12.   TBB is already in Hall of Fame territory.  Everybody knows the show is in its endgame now.

• Love 1

I started a new topic "The gnaB giB -- How should BBT End?" for plot ideas/suggestions for the last episode or the last scene of the series.  Hoping the people who posted ideas in this episode topic will repost them in the new topic. And more are very welcome!

• Love 1
On 11/23/2016 at 11:12 AM, The Kings Foot said:

Any show getting a season 11 is a big deal.  As I stated last season,  Cheers, Frasier and Mash all ended after 11 seasons.  Friends after 10. Two and a half men after 12.   TBB is already in Hall of Fame territory.  Everybody knows the show is in its endgame now.

Oh god, I hated Two And A Half Men. How did it rate 12 seasons?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Just look at the president elect.

I think I watch this show out of habit — like taking a pain killer that no longer works, in hopes that it will work again.

• Love 4
On 12/3/2016 at 7:18 PM, peacheslatour said:

Change can keep a series going, even when it's forced on the show, as with "Jake" growing up and the replacement of Charlie. The biggest problem with this show is that the writers have done so well with most of the characters that Raj and Stuart are standing out as going nowhere.

• Love 2