Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Last Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving and Jess and the gang are determined to make this year's festivities a success. However, things don't go according to plan when Robby surprisingly shows up and Schmidt's dad (guest star Peter Gallagher) arrives heartbroken. Meanwhile, Nick finds out that Regan is postponing her move-in date and Winston deals with his "heroic" injury.

I don't care one way or another about Robby, but I do appreciate that Jess and Cece both recognized that he had been paying attention to all of Jess's little quirks. Peter Gallagher is the bomb. I want him to sing.

Schmidt continues to be the best.  "I'm going to turn on the sprinklers." "I'm gonna need a minute to regroup.." <sprinklers> "THAT WASN'T A MINUTE!!!" Seriously MG has been on fire this season. I can take or leave the rest of them (well, except maybe Ferguson....) but Schmidt is appointment TV, even if I FF the rest of the ep.

• Love 1

Why can't I be free of Robby? It's been way too much of him these past few episodes. We've spent more time with him than Winston. Or Nick. I've stuck with this show through some weak periods but this might be the thing that gets me to move on. I can't explain it but I just find Robby repulsive. The jokes are awful, I don't think he works with Jess and he hasn't meshed with the rest of the cast either. 

Schmidt made the episode again. His dad sucks but it's nice to see Schmidt come to terms with their relationship. 

• Love 5

I don't get why they persist in this thing with Robby either. We all know Jess and Nick are going to wind up together in the end, so it's just irritating whenever Nick talks about Regan or when they do this back and forth with Jess and Robby. 

• Love 1

I think I only laughed twice. The first was when Nick and Winstron were having the conversation about Chicago being North and up, lol. The other was when Jess was leaving to go after Robby and she said something like "save me some floor turkey." That's all I've got. 

• Love 3

I have no particular feeling about Robbie. I know the plan is for Nick & Jess to get back together, which I don't like at all, since I didn't like them the first time around. However, knowing, it's going to happen whether I like it or not, can they just get on with it. 

It wasn't great, it wasn't terrible. 

• Love 1

I did want Nick and Jess to get together. Then the writers ruined it for me. I respect shows like Parks and Rec and Brooklyn Nine-Nine where people who "overcome odds" to finally get together stay together. I'm okay with Robbie, but detest Regan. 

Edited by MischaMouse
  • Love 1

I actually don't want Nick and Jess together, and thought putting them together a couple seasons ago ruined the show. But since Jess realized she still had feelings for him at the end of last season, you know that's where they're going with this. So it's just irritating the way the show is sort of deliberately putting it off like they think that will engage the viewers or something. Like we're all on the edge of our seats waiting for those 2 crazy kids to work things out.

• Love 1