Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother: Over The Top, Week 8 (11/16/2016 - 11/22/2016)

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, diana said:

This must've been a seriously boring weekend with no updates in over 24 hours on here... I attempted to watch some but cannot handle even a few minutes of Jason and Kryssie. The belching alone is enough for me to turn it off. I know via reddit they had some pretty vile things to say about Shelby and Jason especially is getting to Evel Dick levels. It's pretty gross.

With that said, I cannot wait for Monday's Veto and would love nothing more than a Shelby/Morgan win. Anything else and the season is pretty much done for me.

I think it's because there's nothing new that has happened, and it's relatively the same shit over and over. Kryssie/Jason/Justin being delusional, and Morgan/Shelby just working to get through the week. 

At this point in the game, it's just waiting for the competitions to happen. We all know what'll happen if one person doesn't win veto over another. A couple of weeks ago, at least it was up in the air a little bit. Now, we know it'll be Jason or Shelby who leaves this week. Next HOH it'll be the remaining of Jason/Shelby or Justin/Morgan. Kryssie's sitting pretty with no worries at all. 

52 minutes ago, diana said:

I know via reddit they had some pretty vile things to say about Shelby and Jason especially is getting to Evel Dick levels. It's pretty gross.

I haven't been watching this weekend, but I too read about the depths to which Jason has sank and it's really grossing me out. He really has reached Dick's level of odious at this point imo. I truly didn't think anyone would ever match Dick as 'worst human being ever on this show' but I think Jason's coming pretty close.

If Shelby or Morgan don't win veto, I'm out. I won't watch one of those disgusting people win.

48 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Kryssie's sitting pretty with no worries at all. 

Ugh. I hate this.

Edited by peachmangosteen

Heres what you missed.  

Last night @ 8:50 Shelby referred to Kryssie as a ten thousand dollar tube of toothpaste.  She referred to Justin as a fucking crackhead cocker spaniel.  She referred to Jason as a snake who's gonna die alone in his mothers basement and that two hundred and fifty thousand dollars isn't enough to pull on his dick.   

Later @ 9:48 delicate Shelby said Kryssie can suck her fucking balls because she fucking hates her then said she had thought of saying Kryssie can lick her clit but since Kryssies bisexual she didn't want to encourage her.  

Plastic stans at SUCKS are making excuses for plastics while condemning the misfits for saying the very same foul mouthed things.

9 minutes ago, La Traviata said:

Heres what you missed.  

Last night @ 8:50 Shelby referred to Kryssie as a ten thousand dollar tube of toothpaste.  She referred to Justin as a fucking crackhead cocker spaniel.  She referred to Jason as a snake who's gonna die alone in his mothers basement and that two hundred and fifty thousand dollars isn't enough to pull on his dick.   

Later @ 9:48 delicate Shelby said Kryssie can suck her fucking balls because she fucking hates her then said she had thought of saying Kryssie can lick her clit but since Kryssies bisexual she didn't want to encourage her.  

Plastic stans at SUCKS are making excuses for plastics while condemning the misfits for saying the very same foul mouthed things.

I don't think it's a matter of us fans making excuses for them. I mean, there are always hardcore stans who will support people no matter what. There are plenty of rational fans who can admit that their favourites aren't perfect. I know Morgan and especially Shelby aren't perfect. 

It's just that Misfits/LNJ stans are more vocal and they take over Twitter/Tumblr. Not to mention the fact that the Misfits say about ten times more shit than the Ballsmashers have. It's not that the Ballsmashers have never talked shit because they have. It just hasn't gone to the consistent lows that Jason, Kryssie, Danielle (not in the house) and the others in their group have over the season.

Nobody's perfect. Everyone talks shit, everyone says gross and vile things. It's the level and consistency that matters more. I mean, Alex was really good at keeping her mouth shut. Morgan and Shelby can't, but they've done a better job at not being petty and vile all of the damn time. They have never said stuff that Jason has said about them. They're not bullies. 

For example, Morgan has used the word "gay" as an insult. That's not cool. Shelby has called her out on it, but it doesn't make it right for Morgan to say. The fact that Jason/Kryssie/Justin can't call each other out for their vile stuff says a lot about them, because they don't see it as vile. 

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

It's just that Misfits/LNJ stans are more vocal and they take over Twitter/Tumblr.

Not to mention the fact that they're certifiable, irrational, and completely delusional. Quite frankly some of them, including Danielle's uncle and Neely herself, are downright frightening in their insanity.

Neely losing her mind over Shelby saying Kryssie looks like a tube of toothpaste while still defending Jason after all the truly vile shit he's said is pure comedy though.

• Love 6

I rarely post here but every time I drop in to check out whats happening all I see are plastic stans insulting the BB misfits.  As a plastic stan its embarrassing to read presumably like minded people complain about the other side in a vileness that's almost as bad as the BB misfits themselves.  As much as I want Shelby or Morgan to win the veto, I dread the inevitable gloating that will take place should that happen to come to light.  I come to this site to escape the nastiness of SUCKs, but sometimes I can't tell the difference. 

To comment on your post @Lady Calypso, of course nobody's perfect, but when pointing out how vile the misfits are, plastic stans never seem to mention that plastics are also to blame unless its brought into question such as it was by my previous post. And measuring whether one side is more vile or more frequently vile is really not the arguement.  There isn't a threshold on how many vile comments a BB contestants allowed to make, nor the number of said comments they're allowed.  They are all at fault and should be given equal time.

@peachmangosteen, yes, Twitter is a hot mess and Dani's uncle is downright frightening.  Thats one of the reasons I bounce from site to site.  

I will probably quit BB OTT & All Access if Morgan or Shelby don't win Veto on Monday. I just can't with Jason, Kryssie & Justin. Ugh! At least, I'll save $10 a month. I think that's what All Access cost. I'll just check Jokers, Reality Recaps & RHAP for the season wrap up. 

39 minutes ago, La Traviata said:

I rarely post here but every time I drop in to check out whats happening all I see are plastic stans insulting the BB misfits.  As a plastic stan its embarrassing to read presumably like minded people complain about the other side in a vileness that's almost as bad as the BB misfits themselves.  As much as I want Shelby or Morgan to win the veto, I dread the inevitable gloating that will take place should that happen to come to light.  I come to this site to escape the nastiness of SUCKs, but sometimes I can't tell the difference. 

To comment on your post @Lady Calypso, of course nobody's perfect, but when pointing out how vile the misfits are, plastic stans never seem to mention that plastics are also to blame unless its brought into question such as it was by my previous post. And measuring whether one side is more vile or more frequently vile is really not the arguement.  There isn't a threshold on how many vile comments a BB contestants allowed to make, nor the number of said comments they're allowed.  They are all at fault and should be given equal time.

@peachmangosteen, yes, Twitter is a hot mess and Dani's uncle is downright frightening.  Thats one of the reasons I bounce from site to site.  

I get what you're feeling. I don't THINK there will be a lot of gloating, only because for us Plastics/Ballsmashers/Team Longshot fans, things haven't gone our way much. I mean, there have definitely been some moments where it has (Neeley's eviction, the DE ACP for Morgan to save her and Shelby) but more often than not, the Misfits have gotten a lot more. So I think if Shelby or Morgan win, us fans will be delighted and happy, but I don't think we'll gloat. At the very least, I will try not to gloat. I'll just be happy that Jason'll be gone and there will actually be some tension as to who wins, instead of knowing the winner going into F3 (Jason will 10000% win if he gets to F3). At least with Shelby, she could win without Jason in the finale, but it's still not a guarantee. 

I think it's just easier to point out the Misfits' vileness because they demonstrate it far too often. I've basically stopped watching the feeds this week so I have missed anything that Shelby and Morgan have said. That's why I don't comment on those instances. I just never hear them personally, and Reddit doesn't always post what they say. But I guess I look at what Jason has said and done, what Kryssie has said and done, and I just can't excuse their behaviour. They keep digging themselves into their holes and it's hard not to comment, especially when Jason bashes Shelby more than anyone when she hasn't really done anything to warrant it. 

By the way, I know Shelby has bashed Jason and him still living at home and I mostly don't condone it. The only problem in this is that Jason complains that he's had to work so hard and Shelby/Morgan are spoiled princesses who don't know a thing about working hard and all this stuff. Jason seems to prop himself up more often than not. It's just highly hypocritical of him to think that he's better than Shelby and Morgan when he's probably on the same level as them. 

So I know that this site is heavily biased toward the Plastics/Ballsmashers/Team Longshot, but don't be afraid to voice your opinion here! We all appreciate it, I'm sure, and I love discussions like this! I love level headed discussions that I can't get elsewhere. I like Reddit's BBOTT discussions over Twitter or Tumblr, but Reddit is just as delusional as the Twitter/Tumblr stans at times. They can get just as aggressive, which is why I much prefer deep discussions like this. So these long posts aren't necessarily to argue against you or say that your opinions are wrong. I enjoy reading the differing opinions very much. I just have a lot of thoughts and I tend to ramble, so it takes up three paragraphs or more sometimes! 

So, of course if you point out any vile things that our side have said, I'll gladly go into a discussion about it and hold each girl accountable! I may favour Shelby/Morgan over the Misfits, but I think we can all agree when our girls are wrong! 

But I think we can all agree that Twitter is a scary place to enter for Big Brother fans. Very, very scary to see people not being afraid to voice their opinions and say worse stuff than the houseguests! 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

But I think we can all agree that Twitter is a scary place to enter for Big Brother fans. Very, very scary to see people not being afraid to voice their opinions and say worse stuff than the houseguests! 

This! Sometimes the crazies can provide some laughs, but lately they're just scary and not entertaining.

Every single time I've watched a feed with Jason it devolves into him either going on a self-pitying whine fest or bashing Shelby in the most vile way. Like that's literally all there is with him. With Shelby and Morgan if I turn to a feed with them it's usually Shelby picking her hair while her and Morgan either sit in silence, study days/discuss possible comps, or talk about strategy. And honestly it's been like that all season. I much prefer watching the latter than the former.

• Love 4

I just go by what I watch on the feeds, and read on Jokers updates, and I take those with a grain of salt.

I will continue to love Shelby and think she's awesome based on what I've seen of her on the feeds, starting with her amazing live DRs. Can she be a bitch? Yep. Do I care? Not really.

I will continue to dislike the LNC because I simply find them to be incredibly unlikable. Perhaps it's because I go to sleep at a reasonable hour and have managed to miss all the times they have (allegedly) been entertaining. 

This show is my shallow, stupid obsession. I both take it very seriously - I am invested in these people - and not seriously - I forget all of these people about three days after this show has ended. I barely remember Nicole's win.

But my one sincere hope is that no one ever thinks I am a 'stan'. Mostly because I don't even know wtf that is. I just give my honest opinions on this show and these people, and don't really care if anyone agrees with me or not. 

Also - please, for the love of all that is good in my life, let Shelby or Morgan win veto tomorrow. Although I'm going on vacation over Thanksgiving, so them losing might just make it more relaxing, because I will no longer care about this show. 

• Love 10

Yeah, I get you on the 'stan thing; a "stan" is an overzealous maniacal fan.  I had to look it up...  apparently, it's based off an Eminem song.  I consider myself a huge fan of the SHOW Big Brother.   I've watched all of BBAU, BBUK and BBCan.  I can't say I've ever fangirled over any of the contestants, and like Katesus, typically forget these people shortly after the show wraps.   I do, however, usually have what I'd consider 'favorites' in any given season.  The reasons are as varied as the contestants.  I stay away from the rabid forums, and only check twitter on occasion, usually in response to having read on the forum that something crazy that was tweeted.  

I read here regularly, but don't often post unless I feel I have something to different to add.  I've had favorites that most here don't like, I've had favorites here that most did - but I absolutely never felt I couldn't say what I wanted to say or that I'd not be welcome, or that I'd be hated on if I offered an opposing view.  I would say to La Traviata, "Bring your views here and good discussion will ensue."  I don't think I've ever seen this forum be all pro this person or alliance, or all con that one...  But I think we all welcome everyone's opinions.  No one should ever feel they can't voice them.  

ETA:  Ooh, I forgot something...  I did seriously fangirl Janelle! 

Edited by LuvizBlind
  • Love 6

I want Morgan or Shelby to win. That said, I have resigned myself to the fact that Jason will win. The rigging will go back in his favor this week. Of course, last week he thought he should have won the HOH but fell first. I think BB OTT wants and needs Jason in the Finals. Hopefully, sequester will be pulled back this week. I mean they wouldn't keep someone there on Thanksgiving, would they?

• Love 2

I would hope they can get home for Thanksgiving. That would be awful to be stuck in some hotel. Have the houseguests talked about what BB is planning for Thanksgiving? That will also suck and be seriously awkward for everyone left (mostly for Shelby/Morgan) to be stuck celebrating with those people.

• Love 1

So, this is the last really important competition of the season I think. If Jason wins it, it's all over. He'll win the 250,000. 

It's an individualized time comp. Morgan just came out with the tokens. This seems to go well for Shelby/Morgan, so that's good. 

Order is: Justin, Shelby, Morgan, Kryssie, Jason.

Well, shit. Now I gotta wait hours until I find out if Jason wins. I think I'll be missing some of the comp, so anyone else who can update when I can't, that'll be great. I might have to head out for an hour during it.

• Love 1

4:23:09. Justin's giggling like a madman.

4:25 is Justin's finish time.

Basically, under two minutes is what Shelby or Morgan need to beat.

It'll be close for everyone but Kryssie. We know she can't beat Justin's time because she'll spend all of it whining about her knees.

So, if Morgan goes straight instead of left, people think that she has a chance. If she goes left, then she loses. 

Well, at least we'll get to see Kryssie's awful performance, so that'll be entertaining?

Yeah, a totally easy comp based just on how fast you go. 

Morgan's up now. 

And....she lost.

Congratulations to Jason for winning Big Brother Over The Top. I guess.

What a waste of two months. The only upside is meeting the Ballsmashers and being able to call them the greatest female alliance on BB.

NGL it's extremely fishy to me that Justin knew exactly where every piece of corn was. That being said though, Morgan doesn't seem to even understand how mazes work LOL.

I hope Morgan can somehow manage to win HOH or veto so she can at least get 3rd place. But the girl is just not good at comps so I'm not holding my breath.

ETA: Fuck me Morgan is horrible. It's hilarious, but so sad.

I still think this was a good season. The winners pretty much always suck, so I'm used to it by now. Overall the cast was good, I liked a lot of the comps, I liked that we got to actually watch the comps, and I loved the live DRs. I like the idea of CPs, America's Nominees, and America's Eviction Vote, but all of it was probably a bit too much. 

• Love 4

Overall, it was a good season. I didn't like that there were two sides but I thought the LNJ was more vile. I am curious if Jason will cut Justin. I'm pretty sure he will bring Kryssie. Hopefully, there will be a Favorite HG and it's Shelby.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I didn't like that there were two sides

Oh, I loved that. I enjoy seasons with 2 sides more than what we've been getting the past few years.

2 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I am curious if Jason will cut Justin. 

Now that would be hilarious!

ETA: I'm pretty sure Morgan is more upset than Shelby. Probably because she realizes she'll have to spend an entire week alone with those 3 odious people!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh, I loved that. I enjoy seasons with 2 sides more than what we've been getting the past few years.

Me too! Maybe not as much near the end, but I think America's influence had more to do with that. I think without it there might have been more shifts as we got near the end.

I liked this season, too, though. In general, it's probably one of my faves in a while. I loved that we finally had an awesome girls' alliance that (mostly) stuck. I loved that the comps were different. I've realized that I don't need elaborate sets. I just like seeing different things. I love, love, love the live DRs. I love that there were no Jeffterviews I have to suffer through when comps were happening. I love getting to see everything, even if a lot of it was boring. Again, better than Jeffterviews.

I'm super sad how it's ending, and I wish it could be different, but I did enjoy it. A lot more than I expected to when I first heard about it. I have a work trip starting on Friday so I couldn't watch the feeds next week anyway, so at least now I won't have to care about what I'm missing.

So yeah, I'm sad but I've had fun. I hope they do this again. But if they do, I hope they limit America's influence a bit. I don't mind a nom or an eviction vote or a game-changing CP if it's just one, but not all three. I want to see people play the game, and sometimes it felt a bit like America was playing for them. So that I wish would be changed, but even if it's not, if there is a BB-OTT 2, I'll be watching.

• Love 5

I said I was out, but I wanted to see how Morgan/Shelby are taking this. But it's just making me sad because they're taking it so much better than the other 3 fuckwits did when things weren't 100% going their way and I'm pissed that those 3 will be rewarded while Shelby/Morgan won't.

ETA: I'm getting a little teary at Morgan saying she feels like she let down Shelby, Alex, and Scott. I don't think she has much of a shot at the last comps anyway, but I think she'll probably put too much pressure on herself and fuck them up.

• Love 1

I think having no returning players and no America's Nom would improve this format. Having a returning player created such a cultish atmosphere - everyone falling on their sword to save Jason (why??) and superfans in awe of a returning player, plus America's Nom dominated how the house guests voted. I don't mind voting for Care Package and America having an elimination vote, it added some fun.

I'm so bummed about POV I couldn't watch feeds last night.

• Love 5