Type keyword(s) to search

Martha And Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Me too!  Snoop and Martha have mad chem, not only in the kitchen.  I love their interactions, and would watch the show daily.  I keep on thinking of guests - Anfisa and Jorge from "90-Day Fiance", and of course, Action Bronson.

• Love 2

I love this show too. I'm not erasing episodes from the DVR since it's so much fun. Haven't seen the second episode yet, but the first was exactly the escape I needed from real life. I wanted some fried chicken so badly after that episode.

• Love 2

The first episode came on just as I was reeling from politics, and the timing could not have been better. I laughed so hard. I had to rewind because I wanted to hear it again. Their chemistry is heartwarming. My favorite line so far:

Martha: I'm learning so much... lingo today! No, not lingo, what's a word for it?

Snoop: Vernacular . 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Loved the first episode with the "get to know you" game.  Loved the second with Snoop afraid to get the lobster from the tank.  It did skeeve me out with Rick Ross all handsy with Martha though.

Yeah. I wonder if Martha really knew what she was signing up for. I know this, now I want lobster and fried chicken!

• Love 1
On 11/15/2016 at 6:55 PM, jumper sage said:

Loved the first episode with the "get to know you" game.  Loved the second with Snoop afraid to get the lobster from the tank.  It did skeeve me out with Rick Ross all handsy with Martha though.

Rick Ross is vile. Love the show. 

• Love 4

Based on the first episode:

This show is a little slow-moving, especially at first, but overall, it's cute.  A bit of irreverence at a time when we desperately need some light-hearted fun to distract us from . . . uh, stuff.  It can be super corny at times, but the combination of the cast members is so bizarre that you forgive them.  Snoop, in particular, comes off as very endearing.  I've never liked Martha Stewart, but she's a good sport.  I have no doubt that this friendship does not extend beyond the show, but the chemistry works very well for the show.

(Side note: Seth Rogen's laugh.  Yikes.  How have I missed that all these years?)

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 1

So totally agree. I've only seen the fried chicken one, but am looking forward to the rest. I was worried that it was going to end up unevenly making one of them the butt of the joke, but that's not happening at all.

I loved how Martha reminded everyone that she has done jail time since there is a segment of her audience that will default to criminal stereotypes of Snoop and his friends. I think that was really well played.

• Love 3

I  am starting to catch up on this show. I love how everyone was impressed when Martha said she was struck by lightning three times and it made her stronger, not prison, lightning bitches.

• Love 5

Watching the fried chicken episode now. When Snoop said the grease tells you when the chicken's done and Seth said "You know know how to read grease?!" I fell out...not sure why that struck me so funny. I really wanted to try Snoop's drink, "The Laid Back " As for Seth's laugh, I find it endearing. I'll take a genuine guffaw over a mannered, rehearsed laugh any day 

Edited by spaceytraci1208
  • Love 3

One thing I've always admired about Snoop is the fact that he is still with his high school sweetheart. I think they've been married almost 20 years now. It just goes against everything you'd see in a music video and I love it.

• Love 2

Seacrest Out:

On Ellen together:

Snoop's original 2008 appearance on Martha's TV show:

And another historical link of Martha on Seth Meyers after she did the Beiber roast with Snoop:

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

And for those who haven't seen it, this video is of the time (not that long ago) when Martha & Snoop were on the same $100,000 Pyramid episode, and this is the practice round with each other (with no contestants) where Martha read clues to Snoop.

This is very worth watching because... well... you'll see.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 3
On 11/22/2016 at 1:07 AM, retrograde said:

Also, even if people are skeptical of them socializing in private, the Beiber roast and Martha's own show aren't all their co-appearances before this show... they were on $100,000 Pyramid together too (I posed a video for that in the Media thread). 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

I added this to the DVR as soon as it was possible, and I too have been weirdly comforted by the episodes I've seen so far. (Seth Rogen's gobsmacked I-can't-believe-any-of-this-is-happening laughter was a particular highlight.) I've adored Martha and her weird, bone-dry sense of humor forever, and this is a fantastic showcase for it.

Sort of related to Stephanie's overall thesis: Hillary Clinton on "Between Two Ferns" reminded me for all the world of exactly this, Martha's dry dry deadpan wit. It adds an extra layer of consolation to this show now, to see a regal 70-something badass lady sipping cocktails and blithely welcoming rappers and pothead comedians to commune around her perfectly elegant table.

• Love 4

Last show:  What happened to Keke?  She ran off and never came back.  I thought it was kind of rude of Martha to make that crack about DJ Khaled when he was saying he likes egg white omelettes and turkey bacon...she said something like, "It doesn't look like you eat that way".  No she didn't - He has lost wait and you do have to start somewhere (insert side eye).

• Love 2

I had no idea this show existed until I happened upon the fried chicken episode last night as I crawled into bed.  I now need more of this show in my life!  That was a trip, and I enjoyed every minute of it.  I like both of their personalities, and they really work well together. 

Seth Rogen's laugh was rather distracting, but I still enjoyed him and all the guests.  And I liked Snoop reacting to Martha's multi-step preparation by saying her chicken takes three days to cook and his will be ready in 12 minutes.

• Love 3
On 11/18/2016 at 5:14 AM, SuzyLee said:

I have no doubt that this friendship does not extend beyond the show, but the chemistry works very well for the show.

(Side note: Seth Rogen's laugh.  Yikes.  How have I missed that all these years?)

Being a huge Snoop fan, I have been watching these two interact for a long while now. They are friends. That is what makes this show work, for me at least. It is not a forced relationship of any kind. It is not one made up merely for a tv show.

My fave episodes so far are all of them. Not a loser in the bunch. I have these recorded on my dvr and I will put them all on a disc when the season is over.

• Love 1

Loved the second with Snoop afraid to get the lobster from the tank.  It did skeeve me out with Rick Ross all handsy with Martha though.

I came across this one last night, although I only watched during breaks in football.  Rick Ross was making me uncomfortable, but what matters to me is how Martha felt and she seemed to be rolling with it just fine.  I hope she didn't feel like she had to go along with it, but assuming she was a willing participant, her reactions were pretty funny.

I loved the lobster stuff I saw, with Snoop being scared at the tank, and everyone predictably following up Martha's "Now, don't get grossed out" upon cutting up the lobster with various "Ew, gross!" reactions.

• Love 1

New episodes coming Monday.  According to this article, which includes the promo, the advertisement parodying the pottery wheel scene in Ghost has been around for a couple of months, but I just saw it tonight - which sent me looking for a clip to share - and cracked the hell up.

On 11/2/2017 at 7:23 PM, jumper sage said:

Am loving new season.  Also like Snoop on Joker's Wild.

Really? I'm finding it too over the top. I liked when they actually talked about what they were doing, and were nosing around in each other's recipes. Now, it just feels like a vehicle for them to invite their friends to get drunk together on the air and make a bunch of jokes with each other that don't include the audience. I really didn't need to see Martha throwing her legs (and SHOES!) up on the counter where she was about to prepare food.

• Love 1