Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Chapter 10

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

But did we ever see her again?

Yup.  Just not in fictionalized re-enacted form.

5 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

Is she still lurking in the forest as a succubus?

Yup.

6 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

(Did she make Lee eat the heart, or was it someone else?  I forget.)

She gave Lee her heart.  Then Lee went all Butcher on cute little Jacob Artist.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

Still wondering about the Gaga character.  She was around for Croatoan Kathy Bates and for modern day Matt.  But did we ever see her again?  Is she still lurking in the forest as a succubus?  (Did she make Lee eat the heart, or was it someone else?  I forget.)

Signed,

Confused

She was the one who gave Lee the heart, but we didn't see her last nite, or really get any more info on just how the heart affected Lee--you know, beyond murder-- or what else it requires of her. She was altogether absent from last nite's show, unless I missed her. Also, that found footage stuff SHOWED her feeding Lee the heart, but nobody--the authorities, the prosecutor, Lana--asked her about it?

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

How did Flora get to the house by herself? Did they ever mention where her grandparents live? Even if it was in the same state (and Matt and Shelby were from California), it would have been a lengthy trip.

I'm guessing it was everyone's favorite Uber driver, Rhett Snow. 

Edited by Britty
  • Love 15

Off to the side, I must say I floved and adored Lee's wedding dress and veil in her pictures. Absolutely stunning!

But wait, isn't Ghost Mason running around in those woods too? All burned up and shit? Why the hell didn't he come to Flora's aid?  He's not going to be real happy about sharing the forest with Lee, either, I'm guessing. Are he and Ghost Lee going to fight over her visitation rights forever whenever Flora comes to see them as Priscilla rolls her eyes?

Edited by Snookums
Off, not of
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Snookums said:

Of to the side, I must say I floved and adored Lee's wedding dress and veil in her pictures. Absolutely stunning!

But wait, isn't Ghost Mason running around in those woods too? All burned up and shit? Why the hell didn't he come to Flora's aid?  He's not going to be real happy about sharing the forest with Lee, either, I'm guessing. Are he and Ghost Lee going to fight over her visitation rights forever whenever Flora comes to see them as Priscilla rolls her eyes?

Right? Why couldn't Mason look after Priscilla? And can ghosts do one another harm? I can't remember. But if so, watch out, Lee.

And yeah, Lee's wedding gown and veil were gorgeous, and she looked gorgeous. Adina Porter can look downright weird to downright ugly to downright beautiful, all within an hour's episode.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Snookums said:

Of to the side, I must say I floved and adored Lee's wedding dress and veil in her pictures. Absolutely stunning!

That'll be addressed in AHS:13 - Roanoke Coven Meets Hotel Murder House Freak Show. (and yeah - I thought Lee's bridalwear was gorgeous)

• Love 4
11 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

i liked this season but I didn't like this. Eh. Also Lee telling Flora she can come back to haunted house of dead parents, aunts and uncles (both faux and real) and ghost besties is hilarious. I doubt no matter what color the damn moon is Grandma and Granpa are not letting that happen. Ever. Unless The Grandparents are insane or it's the plot from that movie The Visit. 

Yeah.. underwhelming. Just a little. Also no word on hot uber guy? Shame.

Well...it's not like they let her run away the first time.  Flora strikes me as the type to definitely return.

13 minutes ago, Watermelon said:

Well...it's not like they let her run away the first time.  Flora strikes me as the type to definitely return.

You're right. I totally had a blip moment that Flora is a runner. I hope the grandparents now get extra security measures on their home from now on. 

1 hour ago, luna1122 said:

Why couldn't Mason look after Priscilla? And can ghosts do one another harm? I can't remember. But if so, watch out, Lee.

I presume they can, or Priscilla wouldn't need anyone to help her, but never mind Mason, what about the hundreds of other ghosts? What kind of obnoxious brat is she that she hasn't been able to get anyone to stand up for her?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

How did Flora get to the house by herself? Did they ever mention where her grandparents live? Even if it was in the same state (and Matt and Shelby were from California), it would have been a lengthy trip.

there is a show on TV right now that answers that question.  It has the ghost itself guide the child to the target place.  with that show, the little girl was miles away in bed but somehow ended up in the small town that was experiencing paranormal activity.  Her father lived in the town and was visibly shocked that she was standing in front of his mother's house in her nightgown.  He asked her how she got there and realized she was in a trance and possessed by the spirit of his dead brother.  I believe this is how Flora made it to the house from New York.

29 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

I presume they can, or Priscilla wouldn't need anyone to help her, but never mind Mason, what about the hundreds of other ghosts? What kind of obnoxious brat is she that she hasn't been able to get anyone to stand up for her?

I'm thinking that the other ghosts were killed against their will and she needed someone to die for her (like in Dark Water) and only Flora and Lee were willing to die for her specifically.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

The ending reminded me of that movie with Jennifer Cloonney (also in now spoiling the end of a movie, sorry but I don't think it's a very good movie and it's from 2005 so.. sorry) where she has a daughter and they live in a rundown apartment that's always flooding and there's a ghost little girl who wants Jennifer's daughter to live with her so she's always flooding the apartment and then Jennifer decides she'll die so her daughter can live and then the little girl ghost will have a mom. It's the same plot. Just without the water parts. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Britty said:

I'm guessing it was everyone's favorite Uber driver, Rhett Snow. 

Perfect.

2 hours ago, Snookums said:

Off to the side, I must say I floved and adored Lee's wedding dress and veil in her pictures. Absolutely stunning!

You can count on Snookums to always ask the important questions.

12 hours ago, Snookums said:

Are the real ghost butcher and Kathy Bate's character in constant competition? "Follow me!" "No, follow ME!" "FOR THE LAST TIME I DON'T SOUND LIKE THAT." "I SPENT SIX MONTHS RESEARCHING YOUR ACCENT, IT IS TOTALLY ACCURATE!" "Oh my GOD you are the most horrible bondage soul I've ever slaughtered."

I would watch the shit out of this!

• Love 3

As a finale, this episode felt like a compilation of bonus footage, consisting of every random idea they came up with but couldn't fit into the first nine episodes. They didn't really make Lana look old enough: assuming she was even in her early 20s during Asylum she'd be pushing 80 by now. The interview had to have taken place at least a few years after the Paleyfest, which was dated March 2016. And I really didn't care enough about Lee to have the whole season end up focused on her. Maybe if the "real" Lee had been played by Angela Bassett, but  Adina Porter? Not so much.

As a season, I'd have to give it a fail. I want to credit the show with trying something different, and they had two ideas going on that had real potential, but ultimately they failed to pull off either one successfully. The first five episodes establishing the docu-drama and the re-enactments went on for far too long and made everyone look stupid. There wasn't enough suspense in them either because we already knew they would all survive.

The episodes about the Reality Show were much better but it took them too long to get there and they felt rushed. If they'd just made the entire season about a reality show filmed in a well-known haunted house it probably would have worked a lot better. The pacing would have been a lot better and maybe we wouldn't have felt cheated out of seeing some of our favorite actors or left scratching our heads about dangling plot points.

Alternately, it might have been been if they'd just done a straight-forward story about Matt and Shelby moving into the haunted house, and used flashbacks to tell the story of the previous occupants and the lost colony, much like they did in Season 1: Murder House.

The two competing ideas made the season feel unfocused which has been a problem with AHS since the beginning. Each episode wants to be a different show. They managed to tie all the stories together pretty well  during the first two seasons but since then, not so much. It's like whoever puts the season together has ADHD and can't settle on a consistent storyline. 

The real test for me is whether I'd want to watch any of the episodes a second time. As campy as Hotel was, the characters were so rich and fun to watch I often re-watched episodes after they first aired. I didn't re-watch a single episode of Roanoke all season long.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, JyDanzig said:

I'll still be excited to see what season 7 is offering next year...

I'm always down for the AHS rollercoaster, but I read an interview with Ryan Murphy that he's particularly jazzed about Season Eight--had a revelation, one writer for all eps, already working on it, top secret, etc.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Aging Goth said:

there is a show on TV right now that answers that question.  It has the ghost itself guide the child to the target place.  with that show, the little girl was miles away in bed but somehow ended up in the small town that was experiencing paranormal activity.  Her father lived in the town and was visibly shocked that she was standing in front of his mother's house in her nightgown.  He asked her how she got there and realized she was in a trance and possessed by the spirit of his dead brother.  I believe this is how Flora made it to the house from New York.

I don't see how that would work in this show, where the ghosts are tied to the property, and there'd still be an issue with getting people to help her take a trip like that alone, with no one calling the police along the way.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, candall said:

I'm always down for the AHS rollercoaster, but I read an interview with Ryan Murphy that he's particularly jazzed about Season Eight--had a revelation, one writer for all eps, already working on it, top secret, etc.

Please be Tim Minear... please be Tim Minear... please be Tim Minear...

• Love 2

I don't think you stand alone...lots of us liked it. 

I enjoyed it.  I am wondering exactly how many people have to die in that house or on that property before people understand that ghosts are real, and that going to that place during the blood moon equals an almost guaranteed death.   

They didn't really make Lana look old enough: assuming she was even in her early 20s during Asylum she'd be pushing 80 by now.

Yeah, they kind of did a poor job making her look older.    

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I enjoyed it.  I am wondering exactly how many people have to die in that house or on that property before people understand that ghosts are real, and that going to that place during the blood moon equals an almost guaranteed death.

Yes! Exactly! They have stated that the ghosts are present year-round, but they can only kill during the blood moon. SO STOP GOING DURING THE BLOOD MOON, MORONS. Judas priest! 

I also liked the finale. Not sure how they could have wrapped it up any better, since it's not like the land can just stop existing. 

• Love 3

What was the drag queen in the huge wig all about? 

This season was a meh for me. The stupidity of all those people going back to the house just made me shake my head. As usual, Kathy Bates owned it whenever she was onscreen.

• Love 2

The fan from "London" sounded like she had a Southern American accent or something. I thought for a minute that she and Audrey would both reveal that their accents were fake.

This whole season was pretty "meh" to me. The biggest shock for me is seeing that so many people here liked Coven! That season was beyond pointless to me :)

• Love 4

As a season, I'd have to give it a fail.

Same here. I don't mind a certain amount of stupid but there's a limit. I can kinda  believe that someone would make a docudrama of a haunted house, because I remember the Amityville Horror. I can believe that the show would be popular because the Blair Witch project really was a sort of weird flash in the pan hit.

I just can't believe that a second season done as a reality show would EVER have happened and here's why - and yes I am putting too much thought into this but here goes.

The premise of the second season as a reality show starring the actors and the actual participants is totally fucking stupid. I mean, I watch a lot of reality tv and this sounds so fucking bad. And there's no way that the actors would sign on for the reality show because if My Roanoke Nightmare was a hit, then they would be getting legit offers of real acting work. I don't even understand what the point of the reality show was - I mean sure, to present a shitshow of human behavior but even Toddlers and Tiaras has a theoretical plot.

Next up - if you genuinely saw a man disemboweled on your front lawn amongst other murders and really  genuinely thought the place was haunted as fuck.... you don't go back. Not to maybe reconnect with your estranged husband and certainly not if you are under suspicion for murdering your husband in the forest from the last time you stayed at the crazy house.

No one goes to a murder house to stay with strangers and doesn't secretly have a working cell phone with them. Not after someone actually got murdered and ghosts or crazy hillbillies or local pig worshipping cultists - someone fucking murdered an assload of people without getting caught. And one of the suspects for one of the murders is a houseguest? I just don't believe it.

Oddly I do buy that some dickhole producer would willfully encourage a mentally ill participant to do crazy shit and to provide a river of alcohol to all the participants.

I don't believe that Cricket/Actor playing Cricket would be so dumb as to return to the house AFTER ALL THE MURDERS. And this may mark me as a terrible person but I don't believe that a black woman on trial for multiple murders where she has totally confessed on camera would get off in a southern state. A more minor point is that I don't believe Flora wouldn't have been coached by the attorney to not bring up all the ghost shit.

Why were the feral boys screaming "Croatoan"? Who was the Lady Gaga Witch and why did Matt want so desperately to return to her? Why is it now common knowledge that if you kill yourself in a haunted house, you will remain there forever and how exactly does that work when it was previously established in prior seasons (and not communicated by new participants in the new season) that ghosts who die in haunted houses can't leave except on Halloween? Was I the only one who hated the Lana Turner stuff?

But that's all quibbling. I just can't buy that any tv producer would find turning a docudrama about ghosts into a reality show to be a good idea. Especially with all the murders that actually happened in the docudrama.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I just figured she was kidnapped and killed.  That was one loose end I didn't need tied up, because I viewed it more as just a driver for Lee.  She will do anything (no matter how crazy it may seem to a third party) that she believes will protect Flora, because she was not able to protect her first daughter. 

I viewed it as the same (a driver for Lee) but I thought it was another way to have the public point fingers at Lee so she would go back  to film the second season of MRN. Otherwise, she'd be smart enough to move to the other side of the country.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

What is the connection between Audrey & Lana, both played by Sarah Paulson.  Were we just supposed to ignore that they look alike?  Am I missing something?

Queenie appearing in Hotel put a nail in the theory that they simply don't "see" it. She never noticed that her eventual murderer, Ramona Royale looked like Marie Laveau, Liz Taylor looked like Spaulding, James March looked like Kyle or that Iris looked like Delphine LaLaurie. So we can assume there's no connection between Audrey and Lana. They're completely different people. 

Also, based upon him mentioning he'd be "involved" with the show in some way, and at some point, it seems that Matt Bomer may have been the voice over/narrator for the Crack'd. He managed to make his voice sound like a typical narrator from one of those crime shows at first then he slid right back into his normal vocal inflection. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

What was the drag queen in the huge wig all about?

That's Trixie Mattel, who appeared on Season 7 of RuPaul's Drag Race. 

Lana's look didn't bother me. I assumed she has big bucks and has good plastic surgery.

• Love 2

I also made the connection to Ghost Facers, that made me laugh.  I don't know how I feel about this finale.  It was a great season but the finale fell short.  It started with too much show-within-a-show, then showcasing Sarah Paulson again who has become the Tracy Ullman of the series.  Billy Bob showing up at the interview was a real reach, but whatever.  Going back to the house one last time felt forced, and when the "Ghost Facers" crew showed up it was like they were doing a Blood Moon greatest hits, so it just didn't feel as scary as it should.  The fanfest segment at the beginning was actually pretty accurate at showing how freaky scary fans of these shows can really be.  I guess the ending itself was okay, and I liked the hint that the Butcher was about to descend on all those cops as the house burned down.  I give an A- to the season and a C for the finale.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 1

I think they over used so many "scares" that it lost its ability to scare.  When the pig man showed up I rolled my eyes.  When fake Cricket was brutalized, I thought "here we go again".  

Horror is my favorite genre, but torture porn is my least favorite sub genre. I think RM thinks Saw and Hostel are the best horror has to offer.  I wish he'd bring in someone like Steven King to map out a coherent season.  

Mostly I'm pissed because I love haunted houses, and Murder House was vastly superior.  Please no more throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks. 

• Love 9

Someone who knows how to do these things should do a poll on the show because it really is an interesting debate on which version of AHS is the favorite.   

Of course the episodes and the season wasn't perfect; nothing  RM does ever is.   I just really enjoyed the weird humor.  I get that a lot of people didn't.  I usually don't watch reality tv but there is one type I do.?What I like to call "one and done" shows.  Shows like Snapped, Intervention,  Beyond Scared Straight and there is a show about kid killers that I watch whenever I can catch it.  I loved the idea of Lee being profiled on a show liked "Snapped" it just worked for me.  

Just because I have never watched them doesn't mean I don't have a general understanding of what reality tv shows  are.  The ghost hunters stuff was funny and of course Lana Winters. Plus Paley Fest!

This episode and season was a five star win for me.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

That's Trixie Mattel, who appeared on Season 7 of RuPaul's Drag Race. 

Lana's look didn't bother me. I assumed she has big bucks and has good plastic surgery.

That's some crazy good plastic surgery then, cuz Lana, at least according to some Wiki article I read, should be 85 or thereabouts. I've seen some good nip n tucks but this Lana looked no older than what, 60, if that? That's some fountain of youth plastic surgery there!

I hate torture porn too, but this season only truly devolved into that, for me, in an episode or two, like when Shelby bashed Matt's head in. Mostly, I found it campy good scary fun, and I liked the reality tv devices. I get that a lot didn't, but it all worked for me. This was probably my second fave season, after Murder house, or maybe Asylum came just before it. Asylum was a great season, but it was all just so abysmally dark for me, and bleak. Tho the 'name game' did save that.

• Love 2

I thought this was a great season, but unfortunately had a terrible finale. I'm not sure how else they could have ended it after last week's episode, but I probably would have just paced it differently and had the finale be how episode 9 ended.

There's only so many times that a random group of people can come to the house before you start to roll your eyes, so when that 'Spirit Chasers' show started, I absolutely groaned.

My biggest suspension of disbelief this season is that a show like My Roanoake Nightmare would be such a huge hit. There's hundreds of those types of Unsolved mysteries/paranormal shows out there and they're all interchangeable and generally awful (in my opinion).I don't see why this show was that much better.

But really though, up until rolling my eyes through much of the finale, I greatly enjoyed the changes this season, and it was the most well put together season since Murder House. It felt like they actually planned it out instead of just throwing random plots at the wall and then having to wrap it up. Very good season in my opinion.

Edited by TheRabbi
  • Love 5

There's hundreds of those types of Unsolved mysteries/paranormal shows out there and they're all interchangeable and generally awful. I don't see why this show was that much better.

Having watching a few unsolved mystery/paranormal shows,  the appeal of My Roanoke Nightmare is that the murders are modern and publically documented. The reason the genre of unsolved mysteries/paranormal is so interchangeable and awful is that its a combo of shitty acting on reanactments and lots and lots of allusions and fake names and no way to figure out if the haunted house and it's unbelievable back story is real or just completely made up. One of the reasons the Amityville Horror story persists is that there's a real documented murder in the place (the Defoe murders) and the place actually exists with a well known address. So I can believe that My Roanoke Nightmare would have been a hit. I just don't buy a second season as a reality show.

The reason I could suspend my disbelief about MRN becoming such a hit (and in the finale they do describe it as a "surprise" hit) is that shows I couldn't care less about become viral tapeworms.  So who, honestly, am I to judge?  (For example, I've never seen an episode of Dancing with the Stars, nor will I ever.  I have never seen an SVU Order Law thing nor have I ever seen any CSI tapeworms.)

• Love 3

Fair enough (and I edited my post to reflect that its only IMO). I guess if it was a 'real' location that people knew about and were tempted to visit then it is more feasible it could become a hit. I just remember back when I lived at home it was my sisters favorite genre and I found them absolutely painful to watch! 

• Love 1
Just now, Captanne said:

The reason I could suspend my disbelief about MRN becoming such a hit (and in the finale they do describe it as a "surprise" hit) is that shows I couldn't care less about become viral tapeworms.  So who, honestly, am I to judge?  (For example, I've never seen an episode of Dancing with the Stars, nor will I ever.  I have never seen an SVU Order Law thing nor have I ever seen any CSI tapeworms.)

I hear that. Generally, tho I like a few shows that have been around for years and still catch big ratings,  the shows I truly love get cancelled in a couple, three seasons (Hannibal, Veronica Mars, My so called life, Aquarius, on and on and on), and the shows I don't have interest in, like all the ones you just mentioned, live forever. I have no idea what makes a show a huge hit with fans and what doesn't. It very often has very little to do with actual quality or inventiveness or originality. So while it seems a little strange to me that Roanoke, the reality show, would be a sensation, I think it's almost impossible to know what will catch an audience's fevered attention.

• Love 2

I really liked it. Probably my favorite finale yet. I especially enjoyed Lana's extreme botox-face and old lady neck. the way she managed to talk without moving her lips hardly at all was hilarious. the whole episode was an over the top sendup of reality tv. I foumd it very funny and loved seeing Trixie Mattel!

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Captanne said:

You can never really tell what people will latch on to especially with reality tv or documary type programs. For example I still haven't gotten through Making A Murderer But most of my friends and apparently the whole world has.

i can buy people latching on to what they believe is a love story between Shelby and Matt so I can see them wanting to see them work things out after imploding.  I could also see people on both sides wanting to see Lee either get what's coming to her or get redemption.   The whole thing would have the smell of high (low) entertainment that would appeal to a lot of people. 

• Love 2

This season is my favorite after Murder House - Asylum is third because of the whole alien thing.

I can buy the MRN was a surprise hit - you never know what's going to go big - Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and once it goes big it's every where.  Every show you turn on seems to have some reference or talking about it, people can't get enough of this awesome new show!! 

Then you have them branch off,  Fear the Walking Dead and Better Call Saul, in hopes that they will do as well or better than the original.

In this case you throw in murders/trial  and it would naturally lead to a Snapped/Crack'd episode.   Ghost Hunters would be the other one that would make total sense that they would go in to get some rad footage.  Even the over-coverage of the "hostage situation" how the media will latch onto a minor story and make it into a major all day event.

I thought the last episode made total sense in showing the lifecycle of a hit show.

Meh about Lee taking care of Priscilla

• Love 6
10 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Same here. I don't mind a certain amount of stupid but there's a limit. I can kinda  believe that someone would make a docudrama of a haunted house, because I remember the Amityville Horror. I can believe that the show would be popular because the Blair Witch project really was a sort of weird flash in the pan hit.

I just can't believe that a second season done as a reality show would EVER have happened and here's why - and yes I am putting too much thought into this but here goes.

The premise of the second season as a reality show starring the actors and the actual participants is totally fucking stupid. I mean, I watch a lot of reality tv and this sounds so fucking bad. And there's no way that the actors would sign on for the reality show because if My Roanoke Nightmare was a hit, then they would be getting legit offers of real acting work. I don't even understand what the point of the reality show was - I mean sure, to present a shitshow of human behavior but even Toddlers and Tiaras has a theoretical plot.

Next up - if you genuinely saw a man disemboweled on your front lawn amongst other murders and really  genuinely thought the place was haunted as fuck.... you don't go back. Not to maybe reconnect with your estranged husband and certainly not if you are under suspicion for murdering your husband in the forest from the last time you stayed at the crazy house.

No one goes to a murder house to stay with strangers and doesn't secretly have a working cell phone with them. Not after someone actually got murdered and ghosts or crazy hillbillies or local pig worshipping cultists - someone fucking murdered an assload of people without getting caught. And one of the suspects for one of the murders is a houseguest? I just don't believe it.

Oddly I do buy that some dickhole producer would willfully encourage a mentally ill participant to do crazy shit and to provide a river of alcohol to all the participants.

I don't believe that Cricket/Actor playing Cricket would be so dumb as to return to the house AFTER ALL THE MURDERS. And this may mark me as a terrible person but I don't believe that a black woman on trial for multiple murders where she has totally confessed on camera would get off in a southern state. A more minor point is that I don't believe Flora wouldn't have been coached by the attorney to not bring up all the ghost shit.

Why were the feral boys screaming "Croatoan"? Who was the Lady Gaga Witch and why did Matt want so desperately to return to her? Why is it now common knowledge that if you kill yourself in a haunted house, you will remain there forever and how exactly does that work when it was previously established in prior seasons (and not communicated by new participants in the new season) that ghosts who die in haunted houses can't leave except on Halloween? Was I the only one who hated the Lana Turner stuff?

But that's all quibbling. I just can't buy that any tv producer would find turning a docudrama about ghosts into a reality show to be a good idea. Especially with all the murders that actually happened in the docudrama.

You do get that it was all a joke, right?  It wasn't a REAL reality show, it was a television show (AHS) making fun of reality shows, horror movies, internet fans, Hollywood, actors, and attention whores. 

The fictional people went back to the fictional haunted house because that is what stupid people do in stupid horror movies.  That's also the same reason they didn't have a working phone.  No a black woman in a red state would not be acquitted for a murder she confessed to - or any crime, confession or not for that matter.  It wasn't a political statement - the point was that Lee's justice would not come from the law but from Roanoke.  Also it was kind of a running joke that Lee was Teflon.  Everyone knew about her guilt but no charges ever stuck and she, out of all of them, became the most famous. 

Answers: Feral boys scream croatoan because that's how the Polks staved off the ghosts.  Lady Gaga was the "real" Blair Witch.  Matt wanted to return to her because the sex was amazing and they were two crazy kids in love.  I didn't know it WAS common knowledge that suicide in a haunted house guaranteed a ghost mortgage.   Not sure about the rest, maybe they didn't watch Murder House.  You probably aren't the only one who hated Lana Turner.  I liked it though. 

• Love 2

Yes, I have watched all seasons of the fictional show American Horror Story but thanks for reminding me that the fictional show about murderous demons in the woods was fake. I was actually getting into how my disconnect was that while they were clearly satirizing the reality show docudrama trends, the main disconnect I have is that the basic concept was too unbelievable to ever think anyone would be idiot enough to participate. I am willing to suspend disbelief for ghosts etc, but I know too much about the entertainment business and about human psychology to suspend my disbelief that a bunch of people would participate in a reality show where everyone was well aware of the murderous cannibal clan in the woods with no one hiding a cell phone. I don't mind disconnecting a little from reality - Freakshow had some "no reasonable person would make that decision" moments but the actual setting was somewhat fantastical to begin with. Roanoke's problem is that they set it in modern times with modern, familiar things like reality tv shows and cell phones and the story fails because the audience, me for example, can't buy it. I actually really liked Lana Turner and Asylum - I just didn't see how throwing her in at the end did anything for the story.

• Love 9

It's Lana Winters.  

Also I think we are getting to the argument stage at this point.  I personally loved the season and had zero effort with anyone's reason going and returning to the house.  Lee was always there for her daughter.  Shelby for Matt.  Matt's return was for the witch.  The actors because they didn't believe in ghosts.  Everyone else because they were either fans of the show, crazy or yes even plain morons.  

And yes the point of the show was that modern times does disconnect us from reality to an extent.  We don't see what is in front of us.  The show was in a lot of ways as much about our modern ways of watching tv as it was about the people on our tv.

• Love 5