Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Jinger's Wedding

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Some random thoughts:  John David seemed a tad standoffish when shown with the groomsmen pre-wedding. When Babe gave him his gag-gift socks, JD just stared at them. Then later he was up the stairs a ways, separate from the other guys. And JD complained about pet hair on his suit.

The wedding party as a whole had a lot of colors going on! Babe in his dark blue suit and red tie, the groomsmen in... what color were those suits? Gray or brown? And blue ties (or were they red, I've already forgotten). All the colors of the bridesmaids dresses, most of which didn't really coordinate with the groomsmen. Then Boob and Mechelle in deep purple and gray, and Babe's parents in black and silver/metallics. 

I thought it was cute when Jing said to Boob, "ok daddy, it's time, it's time" or something like that when it was their turn to walk down the aisle, cuz Boob was blathering on again about sad he was and she just wanted to get out there and get married!

Re: Derick's stupid dip-and-kiss with Jill - I wouldn't be surprised at all if Boob and some of the Duggar sons put Derick up to that. "It's a Duggar wedding tradition! Everyone loves it!"

• Love 9

WTF was the deal with Josie being crowned? And holy shit, Jason's voice got deep!

This episode is making the family look so normal!

Was Jackson banned from this wedding? 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3

The pastor's (Jeremy's dad) speech was cringeworthy. Love her. Love her. Love her. Love her. Omg, what in the hell was that?

I think Jinge and Jeremy make a stunning couple, though. I can see why Jinge is so completely hot over him. He's tall, dark and has that fine athletic body and has been around sexually.  Have fun, Jinge!

• Love 20
7 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Hell, I'll gladly give Jana a fabulous place to live, all expenses paid and a car to drive.  She'll be living in a quaint little town with a larger university town just down the road.  The world is her oyster.  Just say the word.

Sounds great.  When should I move in?

• Love 8

How come all the girls are being married off, but none of the boys are "courting" except for Josh having gotten married? Aren't John David and Jana starting to get dangerously close to 30 years old?? In their religion, I would think hitting 30 without being married is the kiss of death.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Rodriguii screengrab.

9c74f0a36e4de66ad2949f5ce991b84e.jpg

Jeremy trying to slip Jinger the tongue, but getting lipstick on his teefs for his trouble. 

15055774_306414103085366_205428329173239518_n.thumb.jpg.d9dad0c94ec2c987a855f3deb3853d1b.jpg

Oh Geez JillRod  and that weird husband of hers. Oh and Jing-Babe? Just stop...this wasn't your first kiss you sly little devils.

4 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Some random thoughts:  John David seemed a tad standoffish when shown with the groomsmen pre-wedding. When Babe gave him his gag-gift socks, JD just stared at them. Then later he was up the stairs a ways, separate from the other guys. And JD complained about pet hair on his suit.

The wedding party as a whole had a lot of colors going on! Babe in his dark blue suit and red tie, the groomsmen in... what color were those suits? Gray or brown? And blue ties (or were they red, I've already forgotten). All the colors of the bridesmaids dresses, most of which didn't really coordinate with the groomsmen. Then Boob and Mechelle in deep purple and gray, and Babe's parents in black and silver/metallics. 

I thought it was cute when Jing said to Boob, "ok daddy, it's time, it's time" or something like that when it was their turn to walk down the aisle, cuz Boob was blathering on again about sad he was and she just wanted to get out there and get married!

Re: Derick's stupid dip-and-kiss with Jill - I wouldn't be surprised at all if Boob and some of the Duggar sons put Derick up to that. "It's a Duggar wedding tradition! Everyone loves it!"

John David just looks over it. I was hoping that was a beer he was chugging down on the stairs. He would kind of remind me of the pissed off drunk everyone has in the family....?

• Love 12
9 hours ago, CircusPeanuts said:

Did anyone catch what Michelle said before the wedding? "We've had 4 children get married, 3 girls and a boy, and I'm happy for another to be married!" Is she sedated or on something? Or am I missing a girl wedding?

I heard that too. I actually rewound twice trying to decipher Michelle's mumbling then gave up. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, cereality said:

Sad that the only time they get individual attention from their parents is when the parents find a man to marry them off to. Then it's all -- oohh we LOVE you SO much and are SO sad you're leaving and you've always been SOOO precious. Where was all this positive affirmation for Jinger and Joy for the last 2 decades!?

I'd say it was nonexistent. Just like it is currently.

JB and M care for noone but JB and M. And never have.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Micks Picks said:

Wow I wonder if Derick pulled the grab, kiss, and leave a groomsman to walk alone at his brother's wedding.  Somehow I think not.  

That's because Jizm Bob didn't superintend that wedding so he could require it. I expect it's supposed to be a persuasive message to the audience about the importance of male ownership of their women.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

The pastor's (Jeremy's dad) speech was cringeworthy. Love her. Love her. Love her. Love her. Omg, what in the hell was that?

Well, he's a huge "biblical gender roles" ass. So I imagine the "love her love her love her" shit could be his unconscious way of warning himself and his ilk, including his dimwitted son, that in our world today they need to rein themselves in and not act too much based on their deep, underlying misogyny.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, cereality said:

Sad that the only time they get individual attention from their parents is when the parents find a man to marry them off to. Then it's all -- oohh we LOVE you SO much and are SO sad you're leaving and you've always been SOOO precious. Where was all this positive affirmation for Jinger and Joy for the last 2 decades!?

Ooh we love you so much --- who are you again ? Ja....Ji...Jo... help me out here please .

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

John David just looks over it. I was hoping that was a beer he was chugging down on the stairs. He would kind of remind me of the pissed off drunk everyone has in the family....?

John David has looked "over it" for quite some time now.  I can't decide if that's actually a good thing or not.

29 minutes ago, Maya said:

I heard that too. I actually rewound twice trying to decipher Michelle's mumbling then gave up. 

Michelle's voice has reached such a high pitch that eventually only dogs will be able to hear her.

Stupid Jim Bob made me cry.

• Love 9

Jeremy said something like 'I expect Jinger to look beautiful in her dress.'  The 'expect' part threw me.  It was like she HAD to look great....or else.  

Just me snarkin' on anything possible because that's what we're here for!  But truly the wording was odd.

• Love 4

I don't think he meant it like,"I demand that she look good in her dress.  I'm not marrying an ugly ho-bag."  Rather it was,"She's gorgeous, of course she's going to look good in her dress, how could she not?  Besides, I have a feeling that pretty soon he isn't going to be making any demands in that family because Jinge will have the reins.

Jessa did do well with the train (girl can hustle) but I think it was getting to her.  When Jinge was coming off the stage and the dress got caught on the corner, Jessa ran and bundled it all up in her hands and basically threw it down the stairs after Jinge.

Poor Spurgeon, his first birthday will subconsciously be known as the day Aunt Jinge lost her v-card.

Joy and Austin look like two giggly junior high kids that are going on a movie date.  No spark there other than that.

Edited by Angeltoes
  • Love 12

What really bothers me about this wedding (and all Duggar weddings) is that they bride and groom really don't seem to pay too much attention to the ceremony itself.  Especially when the pastor is speaking... you can see them fidgeting and know they are just waiting for the magical words "you may kiss the bride". A marriage ceremony is a serious thing, and these kids are so repressed and the kiss and physical affection are all they are waiting for. It's gonna be a long road for them in a few years because that newness wears off after time, not to mention the dozens of kids, err blessings, they will be popping out. 

Attention Dimbulb and Xanaxia - you have set your children up for a really hard life.  Marriage is so much more than physical intimacy.  

• Love 16

Was I the only one who noticed Jinger having a hard time putting Jeremy's ring on? It looked like it didn't quite fit. Then she quickly covered her hand over his so the camera couldn't focus on it.  Maybe the ring was a fill in until the real one came in. I mean they did do that courtship & engagment thing pretty fast. It is possible Jinger didn't have enough time to get his ring before TLC wanted to film.

I feel bad for Jana. I wonder if she goes home after these weddings and secretly sucks down a few shots of vodka. 

Did anyone else think Jinger's face looked a bit puffy? Puffy as in, maybe they already had the honeymoon?

• Love 10

I think JD is over it but I think he may have felt a little out of place too.  You could tell the Guy Camaraderie vibe with Babe & his friends.  It looked like they lined the groomsmen up by height for the pictures, putting JD next to Babe & Ben on the outskirts.  Thought this was funny since Ben thinks he is Babe's best buddy & probably thought he should have been next to him. "I helped him pick out the ring so I am Babe's Bestie" kind of thinking.

I spent a lot of time looking for Smugs too.  I figured they told him to sit on one of the sides, a few rows back out of the cameras view.  

I'll give it to Josie, too.  She seemed "off" in the crowning but for the rest, she had her flower girl duties down pat.  She walked down the aisle with a purpose, didn't hesitate when seeing a large crowd like some kids would & stood with the bridesmaids without missing a beat.  (BTW, who was the ring bearer & what was he tossing down the aisle? I thought  it took away from Josie tossing the flower petals.)  As another poster said, Josie & the ring bearer were one of the best couples during the recessional.  They need to show Uncle Derick how it's done.

It was so nice to hear Jeremy's dad announce "You may kiss the bride" rather than seeing & hearing Boob saying it with his Yuk Yuk way of speech.  It was probably killing Boob he couldn't say it.

I thought the best line of the whole episode was when Jinge explained what the "V" stood for: V for Vuolo.

• Love 9

I actually watched part of this. First time back in Duggarville in a long time. To me, it was the usual trainwreck with somewhat better packaging.

I do have a question, though. I thought that Jinger was close to Joseph. Was he in the wedding party? If not, why was John-David a groomsman? Is that the duty of the oldest son (er, oldest son they're willing to put on camera)? 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Rodriguii screengrab.

9c74f0a36e4de66ad2949f5ce991b84e.jpg

Jeremy trying to slip Jinger the tongue, but getting lipstick on his teefs for his trouble. 

15055774_306414103085366_205428329173239518_n.thumb.jpg.d9dad0c94ec2c987a855f3deb3853d1b.jpg

Oh Geez JillRod  and that weird husband of hers. Oh and Jing-Babe? Just stop...this wasn't your first kiss you sly little devils.

Not sure why my post came up again. Anywho, I thought Jinj-Babe were looking at each other during the wedding like "Hurry the hell up I can't wait to much longer" 

• Love 3

TLC seems to want us to believe that Jeremy has only been around the Duggars for a few short months.  However, Spurgeon is a whole year old, so about TWO years ago, when Jessa had an early pregnancy baby shower,. Jeremy was in fine enough kahoots with the Duggars to actually attend a freaking baby shower!

JB tripped up at the start of the bridal March.  He tripped on Jinger's train and fell into her slightly.

Josie's crown and attention in this episode were absurd!  And poor, poor ,poor Lost Girls Jordyn and Jenni!

V equals Virginity, Vagina, and Vulgar!  I did not like it.

When Jeremy is sorting through the groomsmen suits, he says Josh as he hands off JD his .

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, louannems said:

TLC seems to want us to believe that Jeremy has only been around the Duggars for a few short months.  However, Spurgeon is a whole year old, so about TWO years ago, when Jessa had an early pregnancy baby shower,. Jeremy was in fine enough kahoots with the Duggars to actually attend a freaking baby shower!

JB tripped up at the start of the bridal March.  He tripped on Jinger's train and fell into her slightly.

Josie's crown and attention in this episode were absurd!  And poor, poor ,poor Lost Girls Jordyn and Jenni!

V equals Virginity, Vagina, and Vulgar!  I did not like it.

When Jeremy is sorting through the groomsmen suits, he says Josh as he hands off JD his .

My married name begins with a "V"...reading all this I'm glad this wasn't a "thing" 30+ years ago, as it probably wouldn't have even occurred to me that people would read it that way...

• Love 4

I thought the choice of just using the V for Vuolo was a little odd. Usually weddings incorporate the last initial of both the bride and groom. But then I remembered their initials would be VD and maybe they felt it necessary to avoid that....

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Oh Geez JillRod  and that weird husband of hers. Oh and Jing-Babe? Just stop...this wasn't your first kiss you sly little devils

Now that I think about it, they didn't actually make a big deal out of mentioning it was their first kiss the way they usually do, did they?

I'd guess it's because they didn't want to stand there in church in front of God and the world and tell a lie.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, toodles said:

Sounds great.  When should I move in?

Ikr? I like quaint towns as well. Screw Jana. She'd be a boring roomie. I make a mean lasagna and I have a bottomless wine budget.

4 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Lmfao, I have a cousin who's a mean drunk, and JD totally reminded me of him. It must have sucked for JD to be the odd man out. Even Ben seemed like he meshed well with Jeremy's family and friends. Or maybe JD was pissed there were several cuties amongst the groomsman he'd have to compete with for the single gals' attention. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Jeremy said something like 'I expect Jinger to look beautiful in her dress.'  The 'expect' part threw me.  It was like she HAD to look great....or else.  

Just me snarkin' on anything possible because that's what we're here for!  But truly the wording was odd.

I just started watching the wedding and this caught me off guard so quickly. "He expects" pissed me off. If it was said differently like "I expect she'll probably be looking gorgeous", it would be fine but it was said weird.

1 hour ago, louannems said:

Jessa only got married two years ago.  Two weeks ago was their anniversary.

I don't get TLC so I can't watch on demand either. Can't find it on YouTube. I know earlier this season TLC opened up an episode for free viewing (the trip to Laredo). I will check here and there but if anyone notices the episode is free please post thanks! 

Edited by Readalot

Side note: seeing Jinger's dress in full, I want it for myself. I want the Kate Middleton type dress for my wedding and she got that down pat. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Regarding all the cats and dogs, I don't recall seeing any shelters for these animals on the property. So are these poor creatures just fending for themselves in the winter? 

What makes it even worse it that the poor cats have to dodge Duggars who think it's fun to plow into cats with sleds.

• Love 5

The unity candle lighting was hilarious.  Pull, twist..."Babe, it's stuck..."  "Mine, too!" "Here, I'll just grab this taper cand...gah! Stuck!"  Silent panic.  "Here! Use the lighter, use the lighter!"  For real, I laughed out loud. 

• Love 15
15 hours ago, shipmate said:

well, well, it's official Derek drank the douchebag Kool-Aid.   heaven forbid their wives the Bridesmaids walk up the aisle without them

Well it IS Jill.  Maybe he was worried she couldn't handle it alone.  There could have been a scary loud noise.  

I am disappointed in and for Joy.  Too young.  

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

I am 76, and I have never been in a church that has a stage instead of an alter. Is this common? I thought the whole ceremony was on the odd side. From the big "V" to the sweeping kiss by Jill and Jeremy.

I am in my 40's and same. A stage in a church? And this was no cathedral.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I think JD is over it but I think he may have felt a little out of place too.  You could tell the Guy Camaraderie vibe with Babe & his friends.  It looked like they lined the groomsmen up by height for the pictures, putting JD next to Babe & Ben on the outskirts.  Thought this was funny since Ben thinks he is Babe's best buddy & probably thought he should have been next to him. "I helped him pick out the ring so I am Babe's Bestie" kind of thinking.

I spent a lot of time looking for Smugs too.  I figured they told him to sit on one of the sides, a few rows back out of the cameras view.  

I'll give it to Josie, too.  She seemed "off" in the crowning but for the rest, she had her flower girl duties down pat.  She walked down the aisle with a purpose, didn't hesitate when seeing a large crowd like some kids would & stood with the bridesmaids without missing a beat.  (BTW, who was the ring bearer & what was he tossing down the aisle? I thought  it took away from Josie tossing the flower petals.)  As another poster said, Josie & the ring bearer were one of the best couples during the recessional.  They need to show Uncle Derick how it's done.

It was so nice to hear Jeremy's dad announce "You may kiss the bride" rather than seeing & hearing Boob saying it with his Yuk Yuk way of speech.  It was probably killing Boob he couldn't say it.

I thought the best line of the whole episode was when Jinge explained what the "V" stood for: V for Vuolo.

JD was placed where he was to pair with Jana, who got 2nd position in Jinger's lineup. Ben was similarly placed so Hanne wouldn't be placed with a 30 year old stranger.

Michael was the ring bearer.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I'm actually pretty concerned about her obvious osteoporosis. She was hunched over like Quasimodo.

I will openly admit this is a mean thing to say.  I am not concerned.  Consequences of actions.  Perhaps payback for treating all 19 blessings as 19 pains in her oldest daughters ass.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

I am 76, and I have never been in a church that has a stage instead of an alter. Is this common? I thought the whole ceremony was on the odd side. From the big "V" to the sweeping kiss by Jill and Jeremy.

Now days most pulpits are multi-use.  Nothing is "nailed down", and everything is removable in order to make a stage.  My church is that way too.

• Love 2

We only saw them for 2 seconds but Joy and Austin act and have the body language of friends, not lovers; she even refers to him as a friend! Hope some chemistry develops. Maybe she get some tips from big sis Jing. They're SOOO conservative that they can't even talk to a guy until he does 50 pgs of paperwork for daddy but it's ok to let the world know how horny you are? I mean when Jing longingly stood outside the church and said "I can't wait to . . ." and paused for so long that Jer had to say - be my wife? Why didn't she just let us know that she can't wait for her man to get it up and put it in and rock her world?!? Yep these people are religious conservatives - not . . . .

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Jessa only got married two years ago.  Two weeks ago was their anniversary.

Right. Benessa met Jeremy about six months after their marriage. He was introduced to the Duggars soon after that. The mission trip was about six months later, now almost a year ago. That's when Jeremy got permission to "get to know" Jinger. They fudged the courtship date, just as they did for all the other girls. It appears as if they actually began courting in late April/early May just based on multiple multi-week separations.

• Love 2