Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Jinger's Wedding

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I just saw a promo on the Counting On FB page that promises to announce another Duggar courtship during the show (probably during a commercial break...pretty sure that's what they did with Josiah). Please don't let the Joy rumors be true. 

If true, Boob sure knows how to buy himself yet more and more time... 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8

Could the courtship be one of the boys?  I mean, shouldn't JB have half his male offspring lined up to start courting by now?  Although maybe it's more difficult to wrastle a naive girl to take on one of his sons than it was to lure a potential son-in-law into the fold.

• Love 4

That dress is a monstrosity . . . as are the clashing bridesmaid dresses and the guys' mismatched suits. Can we say budget wedding??

Joy's courting a guy she's known for 15 yrs? They have guy friends? Since when? Hopefully he knows he's getting a woman who doesn't want to be a girly girl and he's fine with that. Maybe it's a convenience marriage -- both have parent pressuring them to marry and/or both want to get on with their lives, might as well marry a friend.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

And Joy's Texas necklace was NOT a bridesmaid gift. I fear that she is the one who is courting. Poor Jana, if true.

Poor Joy if this is true. She's a child! I mean, I realise that there isn't much life experience to gain by living in the TTH, but a few years as second-in-command sister mom might give her a chance to mature just a little bit more.

ETA: Oh dear.

Edited by Vaysh
  • Love 14

Jinger's dress looks absolutely gorgeous, I love the long train. The bridesmaids dresses however.... Yeesh. Bunch of potato sacks.

I'm so sad that Joy is courting. She's so young. 

Edited by Spacecow
  • Love 14

Is the preacher Jeremy's dad? WTH is wrong with him. He liked her, she liked him back - LOVE HER LOVE HER, we get it. And of course the wife should be a helper. They both look so ridiculously nervous standing up there -- like they are wondering WTH they just got into.

• Love 6

I think her dress is beautiful.  I'm so sick of strapless ugly dresses.  The bridesmaids look hideous however.  Jim blob almost tripped over Jingers dress as he was walking her down the aisle.  The stupid smirk or whatever Jinger has on her face.  Ugh. 

• Love 7

Austin looks like Chad Paine's less attractive (sorry) brother. He also looks to be about 30 in still photographs.

This was far and away the best Duggar wedding so far, right down to the music, the lighting of the candles, and the overall emotion. I don't really have a strong opinion of Jeremy one way or the other, but his tears seeing Jinger walking down the aisle were moving.

Michelle looked great from the neck down. Really, a simple updo or even a nice hair straightener would have done wonders for her overall look. JB's suit looked really out of place next to all those darker fall colors. It was also shiny enough that Jinger could have checked her reflection in it.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry mods. I didn't realize the episode hadn't ended yet. Is it okay to post?

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 17

Love that their individual candles were glued down and they lit their unity candle with a lighter. Seriously -- who thought an 8 ft train requiring 4 people to fix it at all times was a good idea. Ok lets wrap this up -- no need to be rubbing up against each other on the altar.

• Love 3

Her dress is pretty, but the train is too much with preggo Jessa Blessa having to follow her around like a puppy to tend to it. 

Bridesmaids dresses are hideous. maybe wouldn't be so bad if they were all 1 color or a couple different colors, but some of the colors are awful. 

• Love 3

I just can't stop crying.  I didn't cry when Jill and Jessa got married, so I must be getting soft.

Since when does the bride and groom hang out on their wedding day? I thought it was customary for them to wait until they were at the altar before they saw each other. I cried when Jinger was walking down the aisle and when her sisters were fixing the train on her gown.

Jinger’s wedding was my favorite. I prefer her bridesmaid dresses to those of Jill and Jessa.   I thought for sure one of the Bates girls would be in the wedding party.

Couldn’t help but noticed that Jana and John David were paired.  It would have been nice to see her with one of the other guys.  I think that’s the best Michelle has ever looked.

I noticed Jinger pulled away during their "first" kiss.  Willing to bet it wasn't their first.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, OSM Mom said:

Was I the only one who was checking out the groom for an awkward boner after the first kiss?  Probably.  

Guy is a born again virgin. He's probably past the awkward boner stage.

• Love 5

Why would anyone be interested in watching the lead up to the wedding in January, given that we've already seen the wedding?

Let's hope Jinger is happy beyond the first few months of 24-7 sex. I don't know about this marriage. Nice to see Derek remains as douchy as ever with his man bun and needed to grab his wife away and kiss her in front of the church and walk her out of the ceremony.

So who is this Austin guy? Is he from another mega family? Why else would Joy be allowed to be "friends" with him or know him for 15 yrs -- she's 18-19, so since age 3-4?? Hope it's a long courtship -- at least a yr or 2. Poor Joy -- I really don't want her to have to go through childbirth next yr -- which is what'll happen with a 3 month courtship, 1 month engagement and then a honeymoon baby. She's still a kid herself. Not even 5 yrs ago, she was running around playing tag with the boys and now she'll have to put on the subservient wifely act?!

• Love 15
51 minutes ago, Micks Picks said:

That Big "V" really bothers me.  It screams Virgin, oh no it must mean Jeremy's last name.  In that case, why not a big "VD' since their are two people with 2 names going up there?   hahahahaha

Ugh! That "V" just screamed "vagina" to me.

I thought it was very bizarre.

• Love 10

A much slicker wedding than a "Sierra Wedding", very glad she hung up her apron and stopped doing what she was doing. It was just about like every other wedding I've been to which is saying something for the Duggers.

They have so kissed before.

Blah Joy shouldn't be courting.

Derrick had to be an ass since Josh wasn't there to be one.

• Love 17
25 minutes ago, cereality said:

That dress is a monstrosity . . . as are the clashing bridesmaid dresses and the guys' mismatched suits. Can we say budget wedding??

Joy's courting a guy she's known for 15 yrs? They have guy friends? Since when? Hopefully he knows he's getting a woman who doesn't want to be a girly girl and he's fine with that. Maybe it's a convenience marriage -- both have parent pressuring them to marry and/or both want to get on with their lives, might as well marry a friend.

I didn't get the bridesmaid's dresses at all. Was there a reason for those particular colors?  Was there a reason each person got whatever color they did?  And those man buns....please. The man bun has more than passed it's prime.

And at the end of the wedding....which Duggar couple was it that did the "dip kiss"?  (I mean, I know it was a married couple, but couldn't see which one, but how tacky to try to put the spotlight on yourselves....)

6 minutes ago, Beaner said:

You asshole DERRICK!!! And you too, Jill!!

oh, it was THEM!!! (see my later post!)  Idiots!

• Love 4

How bout, for just once, you don't run on Duggar time? Show some respect for others.

The amount of people behind the scenes at that wedding would have driven me effing nuts!

When they were touching up Michelle's make-up, Jana was in the back looking super pissed! And it was kind of awesome. Any lip readers in here? Would love to know what she was saying.

John David makes me lol.

Jeremy, imo, did not look happy. Or comfortable.

Those bridesmaids dresses could look nice (not saying I'd necessarily like them) in better colors. Hate the color scheme.

Is this their first conversation without a chaperone? On a stage at their wedding? So weird.

I would be pissed if I was a bridesmaid and had to deal with that train all night.

Omg these girls are clones of each other. Joy sounds exactly like Jinger.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 11

I hated, HATED the Derrick/Jill kiss. If I were Jill, I would have been mortified. He was so intentional about it, practically running to kiss her in time. At least it looked kind of spontaneous the other times Duggars have done it. This looked like a pathetic attention grab. 

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Beaner said:

You asshole DERRICK!!! And you too, Jill!!

I know she's probably just wistful and doesn't even realize she's doing it, but I noticed a few times where she made sure to remind us of her wedding. The note sending, the lack of nerves, the seeing the groom before the ceremony. She was just a mere mortal on Jinger's wedding day, and since that is one of the only days in their lives they get to themselves, it must be hard.

In a similar vein, I got a major kick out of Jessa running around tending to Jinger's train. For all that Jinger has been Jessa's sidekick for their entire lives, it was nice seeing Jessa be the sidekick for once.

• Love 18