Type keyword(s) to search

Least Favorite Episodes: You Take The Bad

12 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Did Tootie EVER get in trouble and have it stick?  The only time I can recall her genuinely getting punished was when Mrs. Garrett gave her envelopes to stamp and lick.  I can't remember what it was for but the rest of the girls ended up helping her

I think that was the episode where she spread the false rumor that Mrs. Garret had a drinking problem? Because she saw her stumbling around? But we knew it was because her optometrist had dilated her eyes. 

12 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

A bit OT but with regards to Jo's dying English teacher - - Jo said she was 26.  26?  Ummmmm . . . okay . . . ?  

I thought the same thing! I mean, maybe it’s because I’m an adult now and have gone through cancer myself, but a LOT of shows from that era, hell, even now use the vague “dying” or “cancer” as a reason for imminent death, but won’t state which cancer and the people suffering look in peak health! ????

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
On 7/1/2015 at 3:03 PM, psychoticstate said:

I actually like how they handled Natalie and Snake sleeping together.  There was no pregnancy scare, Natalie didn't regret it and they didn't break up, although Natalie said she wasn't sure she was looking for marriage and a lifetime commitment.  I recall reading that Lisa Whelchel refused to participate in this episode as premarital sex went against her religious beliefs so that's why Blair is "out of town" for this epi.

I admire LW for sticking to her beliefs but I think the show handled the topic well.  It's not realistic (nor was it in the 80s) to have four women in their late teens/early twenties with NONE of them being sexually active.   

As I remember it, didn't Snake and Natalie break up after sleeping together?  I thought that was unrealistic.  Sleeping with someone doesn't mean a rush into marriage, a pregnancy scare, etc. 

Why couldn't it just be that she had a healthy sex life with her boyfriend!??! Sheesh!!

47 minutes ago, greekmom said:

As I remember it, didn't Snake and Natalie break up after sleeping together?  I thought that was unrealistic.  Sleeping with someone doesn't mean a rush into marriage, a pregnancy scare, etc. 

Why couldn't it just be that she had a healthy sex life with her boyfriend!??! Sheesh!!

No. He just suddenly stopped calling or put off going out or something for a few days? A week? Because it meant a lot to him and he knew Natalie was it for him and he was scared she didn’t feel the same or overwhelmed. They were back in sync by the end of the episode.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No. He just suddenly stopped calling or put off going out or something for a few days? A week? Because it meant a lot to him and he knew Natalie was it for him and he was scared she didn’t feel the same or overwhelmed. They were back in sync by the end of the episode.

Exactly.  They didn't break up, he got cold feet of a sort and then everything worked out fine.  I appreciate that Natalie, even after Snake was quasi-ghosting her, said she didn't regret sleeping with him because he had been her boyfriend for over a year and she loved him.  

• Love 2