Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Trip to Stabby Town

After discovering that Azrael’s blade has been stolen by a human, Lucifer quickly connects it with a string of violent stabbings revolving around a local yoga studio. While Chloe investigates the murders, Lucifer enlists Ella’s help in locating the sword to stop the carnage.

I don't care what she says, I think mom is up to no good.  I don't like that Amendiel isn't more suspicious. 

Still loving the relationship* between Luci and Ella.  They are fun together.   Don't like Chloe being jealous.

ETA: Love Dr Linda's questions to Luci about hell and who's there and how they've been punished.

* Not necessarily romantic, "relationship" in the true generic sense.

• Love 10

Amenadiel needs to lose the hipster douche hat. Now. DB is too cute for such an atrocity.

"My sandwich is Hitler?" And Linda asking about her shady uncle were my favorite parts... until the Trump comment was dropped; what timing.

They're really letting Dan become a character. Ella is fine. I'm still not a fan of Mom. Tricia has been reminding me of someone and hit finally hit me tonight the way she's annoyingly emphasizing words and just her voice in general is reminding me of a soap actress Maura West. 

Did the woman killer get ahold of the blade when that Duncan guy was at the class where everyone got killed or was she the killer all along from the beginning? I wasn't clear on that.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

Did the wo!an killer get ahold of the blade when that Duncan guy was at the class where everyone got killed or was she the killer all along from the beginning? I wasn't clear on that.

Yes.

Duncan, the landlord, was the first person.  He got it from Mom's map.  Then Duncan came down and started the fight in the yoga class.  The ultimate survivor was the second yoga partner, who then turned on the yoga guru who had actually molested/raped her.  Which was why Lucifer protected her at the final crime scene.

Then Daniel picked up it and Lucifer helped talk him down (though a lot of it was Dan's own strength of will) and finally the blade is in Luci's hands.

• Love 3

I've actually liked Chloe/Lucifer in the past. I'm sure the show plans to go there and I don't mind them being a thing but I really really disliked jealous!Chloe. I just wasn't feeling it. It kinda sucks because I liked most everything else about this episode.

Dr. Linda was awesome. I like that we got to see some of her stages in coming to terms with the whole divinity thing but she was actually able to move past the shock and get back to the therapy part of things. 

Mum is most definitely shady. They aren't even trying to hide it anymore. 

10 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

I don't care what she says, I think mom is up to no good.  I don't like that Amendiel isn't more suspicious. 

I can see why he's going with it. He's lost his wings and he's lost and away from home. She's actually offering an answer and some parental guidance which is more than he's getting from any potential vague hints Dad might be dropping. 

10 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

Still loving the relationship* between Luci and Ella.  They are fun together.

I'm enjoying them too. She's growing on me more and more every week. She seems to have more of a purpose as the season progresses. I wonder if dear old Dad sent her to drop some hints to Lucifer about the big master plan. The faith thing leads to some interesting moments between them.

eta: I love that the Dan/Lucifer bromance is growing. Luci had actual respect for Dan for resisting the dagger and Dan got to find out who stole his pudding even if he won't remember it. 

Edited by dippydee
  • Love 3

I guess mom has more powers than just super strgenth.  She got super intelligence 

Did anyone else catch the spice girls reference tonight?  

Lucy was wrong about Dan. He get something extra in him. Or did Lucy just underestimate him?

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, dippydee said:

Dan got to find out who stole his pudding even if he won't remember it. 

I knew Chekov's Pudding would come into play before the episode's end!

Another great episode tonight - I love that they folded the celestial storyline so smoothly into the case of the week, and we got some good Luci/Dan and Luci/Linda scenes. I enjoy Luci and Ella's playful banter, though I'm not eager to see TPTB pair him romantically with anyone. Watching him learn the complexities of friendship is plenty interesting imo.

I'm tempted to say something about how awesome this show has been this season, but I tend to jinx shows I like by doing that, so I'll just sit over here in the corner and keep my mouth shut.

• Love 9

Probably one of my favorite "case of the week" type stories, due to Azarel's blade made it less of a "who done it?" and more of a "OK, who is going to do it, next?!" time of deal.  And it made the motivations slightly more interesting (and fun!), due to it being over petty stuff, compared to normal motivations (until the very end.)  Plus, Lucifer trying to hide what was really going on from Chloe, along with Amenadiel and Maze working parts of it, just made it feel refreshing.  Well done, show!

Totally had a feeling Ella's "deal" was going to involve Lucifer going to church, instead of anything sexual related.  I do hope they avoid anything truly romantic between them, but I do enjoy their casual banter, and Ella being religious is still an interesting bond between them.  Reminds me a bit of the time Lucifer bonded with that reverend last season.

Kevin Alejandro was having a blast when Dan got possessed by the blade.  That whole scene was somehow both intense and funny, due to Lucifer's reaction and the reveal about the pudding.  But Dan actually fighting and defeating the urge was an interesting direction.  There seems to be more to Dan each episode.  Hopefully Lucifer hides the blade though.  Wouldn't want to see what would happen with Linda got it.  Or Trixie.  Seriously, she may be one of the most awesome child characters on TV right now, but I can actually see Trixie being a danger with that thing!

Loved Linda asking the questions I always wanted to know about Hell (where does Hitler reside?), but I'm glad it seems like she's slowly being able to accept it and be Lucifer's therapist again.

Amenadiel trying to claim that Maze doesn't look hot in her get-up and failing was hilarious.  Still hope those two work it out.

Yep, have a feeling "Mom" is going to be a major problem.  She clearly doesn't give a shit about humans at all, and doesn't like how Lucifer has changed because of Chloe and the rest.  Can't wait to see where this goes!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 10

Loved this episode!

I loved Chloe's jealousy, the Lucifer/Ella interactions, the stolen pudding, the Trump mention, etc. I really enjoyed the scene where Dan was trying to kill Lucifer and started yelling about the fact that the pudding was labelled, heh. I like that Lucifer didn't try to hurt him and that Dan was able to resist the knife. And their little interaction after Dan handed over the knife and had no memory was great, too.

• Love 5

Tonight's episode was the first one after being gone for three weeks on an African safari.  How I missed Luci and the gang!  Great episode to come back to with a great combination of mystery, humor, and character development.  The Luci/Ella relationship has progressed.   A jealous Chloe was an interesting sight.  Not sure I understand/feel it yet.  But I'm willing to trust the writers since they haven't let me down yet.  Amenadiel went from being Daddy's son to Mommy's boy.  He seems to need an authority figure to follow.

• Love 2

I nearly died laughing over the simulated hand job, and had to watch it a few times. I'm really surprised that made it past the censors. But then again, if you're creating a sympathetic character out of the devil, you might as well go for broke. Even without the subversive and tawdry humor, it was a good episode. I love this show so much. I really hope it continues for a long time if it can maintain this level of quality.

• Love 8

I got curious about who St. Brennan might be, since Lucifer and Ella were standing in front of his church near the end of the episode. Couldn't find any info on a St. Brennan, nor any church in L.A. or Hollywood by that name.

There's a St. Brendon's church, and a couple of Irish saints by that name though.

I absolutely loved, loved, LOVED this episode. Could have done with a little less jealousy from Chloe but that is the only thing I wasn't too thrilled about. I also would have liked to see Lucifer and Ella in church. I was looking forward to a short scene of Lucifer in a church service. There's be so much for him to explore/deal with.  

The Dr Linda-Lucifer interaction was hilarious! I was laughing SO hard! Delicious. And I loved how it lightened up the episode.

When Lucifer confronted Mom in Mom's office, and Mom pointed out that Lucifer had developed compassion I wondered if that was Dad's plan. If maybe Dad wants Lucifer to develop that compassion, maybe he's "grooming" Lucifer for something?

There's definitely something going on with Mom and the blade - Mom wants Dad's attention, so does she want to threaten Lucifer's life? Does she want to kill him and get Dad's attention that way? Does she want to frame Lucifer for something? Too bad Amenadiel is on board with her, I liked Lucifer and Amenadiel working together. Although you have to wonder if Amenadiel would go along with another plot against Lucifer given how the last one ended. And I think that Maze would be on Lucifer's side. She may complain (to put it nicely) about being on earth but she seems to have gotten attached to her friendships with Dr Linda and Chloe. They seem to matter to her.

And about the blade - when the blade "reacted" to Dan, Lucifer said Dan had strength in him he didn't think he had. So, what does it mean that the blade "reacted" to Lucifer in much the same way? Dan was fighting it at that point, was Lucifer fighting it, too? Oh, they definitely have me intrigued!

Lastly, I loved how they incorporated the Celestial Family and their drama into the case of the week. I still miss the out-of-this-world-strong-and-not-vulnerable Lucifer but I barely missed him today because there was so much of his Devil/celestial persona. Wouldn't mind one of these episodes every week.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, missbonnie said:

I'm over here dying at Lucifer and Ella re-enacting the crime at the yoga center. Bahaha! 

Best use of physical humor on a network television show EVER.  Literally had to stifle the LOLs to not wake up the house.  Pretty sure I've never seen someone enjoy getting a mimed-version of stabbed and grabbed as much as Luci did.

My track record of being correct in predictions isn't stellar, but they weren't trying very hard to keep the will-just-always-be-a-platonic-relationship between Lucifer & Chloe vibe going in this episode.

Even the lines that aren't right-on-the-nose humorous are funny.  This show always entertains in that way.

Yeah, Mom is shadier than an Amazon rain forest.  But hey, gotta respect the reverse cowgirl love.

Question, was Dan shown on screen when the cavalry arrived?  I was like "how is he there, and have the knife to boot?".  They are trying really hard to make him redeemable.  What with stuff last week, and giving him the strength to 'fight' the blade's effects in this one.

So what was the significance of the blade catching fire when Lucifer got mad, and Mom's noticing it?  Recognizing he has a lot of power - even without wings - and will want to trick him to do her bidding later??

• Love 3

I love that the characters are so complex without the show being a soap opera like many police procedurals. Maybe that's Lucifer's lesson, that people are good and bad and that Hell wasn't meant to be all fire and brimstone. Dan isn't an unmitigated jerk after all, he's coming to terms with his past sins and really trying to be a better man. His noticing Luci's glaring wing scars in the Russian bath last episode without saying anything was classy. Maze is really getting into her job as bounty hunter. And bonding with Trixie and Linda. All demons should be so kindhearted -- and hot. LOL, "Glory Hole." Tsk.

Hell may never be the same.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

So what was the significance of the blade catching fire when Lucifer got mad, and Mom's noticing it?  Recognizing he has a lot of power - even without wings - and will want to trick him to do her bidding later??

I thought she looked awfully satisfied / smug at seeing his anger and the knife react.  I don't like it at all.

And yet another good episode.  I liked Lucifer's frustration at the role reversal with Dr. Linda.

• Love 6

Joining the choir of hellish love.

I was worried about Chloe's jealousy, but thankfully this show becomes a master at bad clichés avoidance *jinx*. She didn't let it spill on her professional behavior, or on her relationship with Ella, she talked about it like an adult instead of sulking in her corner while being prickly to everyone...and even though there was a romantic (and sexual) dimension imo, the viewer wasn't beaten over the head with it and the partnership/friendship dimension was still present.

I feel that Dan got some closure re: his divorce. When he talked about his pudding, I thought of Ross and his turkey sandwich so I knew this wouldn't end well.

Loved Lucifer with the culprit/victim. Dr Linda embraces the role of the devil's therapist, yay! Lucifer trying to find significance in the toast was the first time I laughed out loud during this episode.

Amenadiel and Maze are sooo cute so funny. I got my wish that he tagged along! And it was great. He's got no game, it's hilarious. He was so adorable when he couldn't lie to save his life. "Not that great", complete with pout, I just cracked up. Those two crazy kids.

So Mom unveils her agenda. She seems more selfish than purely evil, actually. Not that it's better for humans. She seems to enter true antagonist territory here. Amenadiel isn't 100% on board imo.

(No there was no Trixie. I understand. Really.)

• Love 4

What I'm really liking about Dan's redemption is its feeling completely natural given last season they started with him telling Malcolm he wouldnt kill Lucifer. Lucifer was also surprised the "tell me what you want..." trick was fought, though briefly, by Dan in the finale. So this is all natural build. 

Amenadiel may be down with a plan to go home but if he finds out the plan involves hurting Lucifer (or Chloe given the previews) I think he's grown too much to be okay with that and all the potential consequences. Amenadiel and Chloe have yet to team up and I want that to change. 

The Spice Girls reference made me think of a short scene where Gary and Miranda were dancing to "Stop". Linda needs to ask Luci if he's learned all his Pop Culture references since coming to Earth or if Hell has some kind of Earth TV, since I've been dying to know.

At some point in the summer the show runner kind of said they'll pace the first 13 like a season since they didn't know if they'd get the extra nine, which was announced they'd have 2weeks ago. Next week is episode 9 I wonder where we really are in terms of the pacing of mom's plan? 

• Love 6

"Great ideas come in the shower." "For me, it's usually women."

"How was I supposed to know it was your pudding?" "Because. It. Was. Labeled!"

Everything was so great again, the Ella and Luci bits, the stabbing re-enactment was top-notch hilarious. Chloe's eye-rolling only made it better.

Definitely curious about what nonsense Mom is up to. She is a very sketchy lady. What was the deal with the sword when Luci got angry? It seemed to burn or smoke, right? And Mom took that as a 'good' sign... She appeared to be satisfied.

Loved Dr. Linda working through her devil issues, and finally coming right at the end. You can do it Dr. Linda!!

• Love 12

This show keeps hitting on all cylinders. I'm going to have to rewatch tonight because I kept missing little things due to laughing so hard. Things I loved:

1. Any scene with Luci and Dr. Linda. I love how she's still coming to terms with who he really is, but I really enjoyed how she moved from behind a desk when she was with him at the beginning to back to her chair across from him at the end. Progress.

2. Maze and Amenadiel teaming up. He is so into her and has absolutely no game. And I love how she's all about her new job.

3. Dan and Luci. It cracked me up how enraged Dan was over his pudding, but I'm also really interested in Dan's arc. I wonder if he'll come into play in Luci vs. mom at some point? Luci seemed impressed and surprised that he was resisting the blade.

4. Ella and Luci. She's an interesting influence on him and I go back and forth wondering if she's truly a human or someone dad sent to watch over Luci.

• Love 11

eta: I love that the Dan/Lucifer bromance is growing. Luci had actual respect for Dan for resisting the dagger and Dan got to find out who stole his pudding even if he won't remember it. 

I'm okay with that, but it better not lead to a reduction in the number of "douche" references we get. Those never get old for me. "Saved by the douche!" Bahahaha!

Love Dr. Linda. Although, and I can't really articulate why, I wish she and Lucifer had never slept together. 

• Love 1

Would there not be a LOT of turmoil in the silver city.  Because one archangel is dead and the death sword is missing??

Chloe got one archangel, one head demon, and God himself looking out for her!  She needs to buy some lottery tickets!  

Edited by gwhh
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Shenanigan said:

I'm okay with that, but it better not lead to a reduction in the number of "douche" references we get. Those never get old for me.

They better not. Lucifer making fun of Detective Douche is one of my favourite things (on a very long list of favourite things) on this show "teach me how to be a tool" was absolute gold last week. I don't think having respect for Dan is going to stop Lucifer from calling him names. He enjoys it far too much.

Edited by dippydee
  • Love 11

Another enjoyable episode. Loved Luci becoming Dr. Linda's therapist, but was expecting her to ask him how Hell is set up - like Dante's inferno? Tartarus? And Luci exasperatingly saying that it's just one never-ending co-op board meeting and can we get back to my issues now?

We can all see where the Luci-Chloe relationship is heading. What I really really want is for her to simply be irresistible to Luci's charms, no metaphysical or supernatural reason behind it. They're partners and friends. That should be enough.

Mom is becoming more of a threat and I like it. And, Maze and Amenadude working the case together was a hoot.

Luci and Ella make a good team. I do admit that I get bothered by two people talking in a room by themselves, with the door closed, and at the end one whispers to the other. Ooh, way to keep the secret. Why not just go to Chloe looking in and seeing them. I also believe that at least a good portion of Chloe's jealousy was partner-related and not simply romantic.

• Love 5

Great episode, both in humor and the weaving of cop work with the divine-- the Dr. Linda/Luci bits were gold. And I enjoyed Ella again, even in a slightly larger dose.  I'm so happy they're giving Dan some interesting moments, because I have a lot of Southland love for Kevin Alejandro.

I didn't read Chloe as truly jealous, although she seemed a little flustered at the prospect of Luci w/ a co-worker. I think she was telling the truth when she said it was more a question of honesty and partnership than anything else.  LG played the flustered part just right, too.  She's been having a really good run so far this season, and I'm delighted about that.

Ellis is awesome.  Was is just me, or did he look hotter than usual in this one?  There were a few scenes, where I was sort of taken aback at how good looking he was.

That mother is up to no good... and I am awfully excited about her taking Amenadude along with her.  I like his relationship with Luci to have its complexities. 

• Love 5

I giggled like crazy when Dr Linda was laying on the couch and Luci was in her chair.  

As someone who has had their clearly labeled food "borrowed" from the work fridge I understand Dan's rage.  

I'm glad all of the characters are getting deeper and this isn't just the Luci show.  I like Chloe's pang of jealousy - she doesn't understand it, and doesn't like it.

I have to say this is the show I'm most excited to see each week.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, emma675 said:

Ella and Luci. She's an interesting influence on him and I go back and forth wondering if she's truly a human or someone dad sent to watch over Luci.

It occurs to me that all the angels' names end in -el. It just can't be a coincidence that Ella begins with the letters.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Loandbehold said:

What I really really want is for her to simply be irresistible to Luci's charms, no metaphysical or supernatural reason behind it.

Heehee, I see what you did there.  

Loved this episode.  It had me rewinding and laughing so many times.  The glory hole quip, the women in the shower (when Ella said that's where people's best ideas came), the re-enactment of the murder scene, mom talking about reverse cowgirl, the Spice Girls reference.  I'm sure I missed a few.

I don't know what mom might be up to, but it's something shady.  

This show has become one of my favorites, and it doesn't hurt that it has some great eye candy.  I checked Hulu and it looks like they have the whole first season available.  I'm thinking of doing a rewatch.

I thought Chloe looked healthier in this episode or maybe I was just distracted by all the good stuff going on.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Boilergal said:

I giggled like crazy when Dr Linda was laying on the couch and Luci was in her chair.  

As someone who has had their clearly labeled food "borrowed" from the work fridge I understand Dan's rage.  

I'm glad all of the characters are getting deeper and this isn't just the Luci show.  I like Chloe's pang of jealousy - she doesn't understand it, and doesn't like it.

I have to say this is the show I'm most excited to see each week.

This is the way I saw it too. 

And I could have been able to have been convinced that it was all just work/partner-related if they hadn't of added in the bits about Dan giving her some grief about her show of jealousy towards Luci & Ella, even going so far as lending an ear (+ his acceptance of it) for her and then also the attempted-blaming of Lucifer for ruining his marriage with Chloe when he got involved (during the 'knife fight').

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, lorbeer said:

I must've missed this one. what was that?

There was a part where Lucifer said something like "Tell me what you want, what you really really want."  I think it was when he was talking to the head workout guy (Glory?) and it was right before Glory said he wanted some kind of dessert and then he took his girdle off.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, gameoff said:

There was a part where Lucifer said something like "Tell me what you want, what you really really want."  I think it was when he was talking to the head workout guy (Glory?) and it was right before Glory said he wanted some kind of dessert and then he took his girdle off.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Right :D I didn't get that. Thanks :)

• Love 1

What I don't get is how Mom thinks her plan will get her back into heaven. I mean, she is wreaking havoc, which, isn't that kind of what got her sent to hell in the first place? How is getting Dad's beloved humans killed going to get her back into heaven?

I get that, using the knife was an attempt to get his attention, but then what? Does she think she can sweet talk her way out of it? I just don't get how destruction of Dad's little toys (humans) is going to get her back into his good graces.

I LOVED the therapy sessions, everything about them from Linda keeping her distance at first and slowly coming around, to her realization she fucked the devil and her on the couch with Lucy in her chair. Such good stuff.

I LOVED Maze and Amen. They are absolutely adorable together. (paraphrasing) "that tight leather doesn't make you....well, um, not THAT hot" "yes it does" The look on Amen's face. hahahaha

I LOVED Ella and Lucy together. I have to admit, I would rather watch them work together than him and Chloe. Chloe has gotten better lately, and being the "straight person" is a thankless job, but there is something adorable about Lucy's reaction to the faith driven Ella. It's just a more interesting dynamic. And he certainly tests her faith, while also, if she knew who he was, completely validating it.

I really liked that Dan was able to fight the power of the knife. Impressive. I am not as crazy about all the Detective Douche stuff as most so I am all in for Lucy/Dan bondage...um, bonding. Yeah, that's what I meant, bonding. ;)

Had no interest at all in the case of the week though I do appreciate how it folded into the greater angel storyline. I just didn't care about the victims/suspects.

As a Pop Tart connoisseur, I fully support Maze in her decision to steal a bunch from that idiot guru guy.

I would love a spin off...Linda Martin, Shrink to the Damned.

• Love 2

Speculation only!!!  But!

Mom's play may be to get "Dad's" attention, force Dad to come in close and then, having turned Lucifer and Amenadiel, the two highest ranking angels against him, set one of her sons up to kill Dad.

Think about it.  Lucifer said the blade was powerful enough to undo any being; Uriel was going to use it on "Mom" so I don't think it's a huge leap to infer that it would work on "Dad" also.  After all, Death is one of the Endless.

Mom gets the blade dug up by humans, knowing it will get back into her son's hands.  Right now, either Luci or Amenadiel would do the trick.  Luci has the blade and he gets riled up, emotionally reacting to the blade and also giving it a charge.

This is right up Mom's alley.  She's now got her patsy/scape goat to do the dirty work for her.  All she has to do is get Dad down where Luci can reach him and then push things along.  Luci kills "Dad" that frees up the Silver City for Mom's return with her remaining son and take over.

I think that despite the excellent show Mom has put on for her boys, she's perfectly willing to sacrifice them to get the Silver City back.  And think about it, it would also bring Lucifer's original fears (that she was going to kill him) back full circle.

• Love 4