Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E09: You Haven't Done Nothin'

• Start Topic

So 30 minutes in and damn this is a doozy. Phenomenal so far. That Alex / Jo elevator scene took the breath out of me after such a heartbreaking moment for Richard. The direction this week has been top-notch. Camilla was at her best in that scene; emotional, but not over-the-top. I loved the moment of irony in realizing that Jo lied to Alex because she was scared that if he found out the truth he'd end up in jail.

Edited by BaseOps
  • Like 1
  • Love 9

So NotJo may testify and her abuser husband may surface and she may lose her job due to impersonating a person named Jo.  DeLuca may drop the charges in sympathy for NotJo.   Alex may take a plea deal.  Amelia may leave Owen.  Bailey may quit being chief, and Richard may lead a resident revolt.  That's a lot of threads to try to remember until January!  Whatever happens, I'm just sad we won't get to see Alex in those turquoise scrubs anymore.  Dayum.

Edited by TVAddict
Edited to add content.
  • Love 7

I'm glad Maggie stood up for Richard and told him not to take that bullshit. Because that's exactly what this is. Bailey and Catherine were wrong as hell for what they did to him. Out of the hundreds of surgeons he trained, they focus on a few outliers, and they don't even have the decency to let him know that they're bringing someone else in. That should be grounds for a lawsuit.

• Like 1
  • Love 20

My bet is that Deluca, not knowing that Alex would turn himself in, drops the charges so that Jo doesn't have to testify. I loved Meredith and Alex's scenes, Ellen and Justin were both fantastic tonight. Their friendship is incredible. I'm so glad that Alex has dominated the storytelling for the greater part of these first 9 episodes. Asking Bailey to arrange to make sure his mother got money monthly was heartbreaking. Alex really has grown up so much. I'm a bit shocked (but not upset) that they seemed to suddenly drop the Meredith / Riggs / Maggie thing. What was the point of all that? It's been nice to see Meredith in a storyline supporting Alex rather than the other way around. 

I was also loving an Amelia-free episode and enjoying the Riggs / Hunt dynamic. It's rare to see male doctors bonding on this show, and I used to really like Owen. I'm glad he admitted his hypocrisy (that he had cheated on his own wife, like Nathan cheated on Megan) and I hope they keep developing story for these two. Amelia leaving is childish and ridiculous and I don't care if it means a few more episodes without Amelia while Caterina enjoys time with her new baby. 

Seeing Arizona happy was nice, but I don't love Minnick (admittedly she was less awkward / wooden this week then she was back in 13x07). I'm interested to see what they're developing with these other doctors rising up against her and Bailey. I was heartbroken after the little girl died and Richard stood outside the OR - you could feel his world crashing down. I hate how Bailey handled it, but I get it too: believing that this was best for the hospital, she didn't want her personal feelings to interfere (all of these doctors could learn a thing or two). Still, it was cold and Richard didn't deserve it. I'm happy to see these two getting some decent storylines, at least.

This season so far has had some really strong patient stories. Tonight was no exception. Ben leading the young girl's mother to the landlord was an intense moment. Also, anyone who was worried about Leah taking over the storytelling a la Penny is, I'm sure, glad to be wrong. She's been given virtually nothing to do since she came back. It seems it was just a device to set up this Minnick / Richard storyline.

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 5

Yeah, Bailey and Catherine were so unprofessional and complete idiots. I mean the way Avery reacted made sense too and I love that he brought in everyone else and basically said: "You are basing this off a few, look at the rest." Because as we know as a teacher, not everyone students is perfect by the time they leave you. Plus, it's failings of those you did teach teaching those. Let's face it, even Christina was more focused on getting the surgeries than teaching others. It took her forever to do that and Meredith has had her constant: "Just do as I do." or same for Owen. Some of these doctors just don't get, you have to show how to do something. Not yell at them and expect them to do it right. yet, Catherine's POV is: "You didn't teach these people right and look what happened." Instead of: "Really, how many times has this happen as a result of teaching?"  Bailey can teach, but she is just not good as admin. Even after all this time, she just doesn't get it, just like Owen. Something I really wish the writing team of Grey's would learn. Richard was not perfect at administration either, but he was believable, everyone else is like: "Damn, how do I do this?" 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

My bet is that Deluca, not knowing that Alex would turn himself in, drops the charges so that Jo doesn't have to testify. 

The problem was, Deluca knew why Alex beat him, not that he didn't have grounds for the lawsuit, but he was like: "I got my ass kicked because Jo couldn't tell the truth." "But screw that, I'm going to sue you Alex, you dumbass!" 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

I'm glad Maggie stood up for Richard and told him not to take that bullshit. Because that's exactly what this is. Bailey and Catherine were wrong as hell for what they did to him. Out of the hundreds of surgeons he trained, they focus on a few outliers, and they don't even have the decency to let him know that they're bringing someone else in. That should be grounds for a lawsuit.

Whoa, I only watched part of it, because I can't watch the scenes where they're trying and failing to save someone. His own wife set that into motion?? She's cold. 

I'm glad Jo finally told Alex what's wrong. I was thinking that he said four years ago, that he was going to marry her. Four years ago! Talk about dragging something out, since they'll probably end the season with that, or an engagement, unless they add another cruel twist to the mix. 

On that note: I was afraid that Meredith was going to say, "I love you" on the message. I'm glad they're keeping them as friends. 

3 minutes ago, readster said:

The problem was, Deluca knew why Alex beat him, not that he didn't have grounds for the lawsuit, but he was like: "I got my ass kicked because Jo couldn't tell the truth." "But screw that, I'm going to sue you Alex, you dumbass!" 

Regardless, Alex beat the shit out of him. I mean I'm Team Alex 100%, but it can't all fall on Jo or DeLuca. If Alex could convince the court that he believed DeLuca was attacking Jo, he'd maybe have grounds for what he did - but he flipped out as soon as he walked in, and he beat the guy to a bloody pulp. Regardless of why DeLuca was put in that position (Jo's lie), Alex's reaction was wrong. And criminal. 

• Like 1
  • Love 20
6 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

Regardless, Alex beat the shit out of him. I mean I'm Team Alex 100%, but it can't all fall on Jo or DeLuca. If Alex could convince the court that he believed DeLuca was attacking Jo, he'd maybe have grounds for what he did - but he flipped out as soon as he walked in, and he beat the guy to a bloody pulp. Regardless of why DeLuca was put in that position (Jo's lie), Alex's reaction was wrong. And criminal. 

Oh no. I agree, but all of this could have been handled if: Jo would have told the truth. DeLuca would have came clean or Alex would have went straight to jail for the attack and then the truth came out. 

• Love 1

Bailey is the worst chief ever. Catherine is the worst wife ever. I love everyone rallying around Richard. 

I was in tears at the end and when the little girl died. 

I knew the second Jo started telling Alex about the abusive husband, he would take the plea deal to protect her. I wonder if Deluca was going to drop the charges or refuse to testify to protect Jo as well.

As good as this episode was, I wish that there was more resolution to the Alex situation. 

Bye, Amelia. Please stay gone. I do feel bad for Owen but not bad enough to want Amelia to come back.

• Love 7

I really liked this episode, I wish the whole season had been told at this pace.  I enjoyed both the Jolex scenes and loved that Jo and Alex actually had a full conversation with her telling him everything face to face and no shenanigans.  Loved Meredith and Alex's conversation in the scrub room and the voicemail.  Loved Bailey and Webber's scene, even though I disagree with Bailey's actions, I am enjoying that this story gives them both interesting material to work with.  Loved Maggie, and Jackson to an extent, standing up for Richard.  

No comment on Omelia because it seems like this story was just made up to write in a maternity leave for Caterina. zzzzz

I'm still on the fence about Minick and Arizona but I don't totally hate it.  I'll probably get some hate for this but I like Arizona so much better without Callie.  

I think DeLuca dropping the charges is the easy out.  I don't know if I am crazy or not but it looked like Bailey sent Ben over to the courthouse and he was walking in at the end.  Not sure what Ben would be able to do so I could be wrong.  I really hope we pick up where it left off and don't get a lame time jump.  

Forgot one more thing I loved---the callback to using the polaroid snapshots to ID patients.  Wasn't that Alex's idea after a plane crash?  I feel like I just saw that episode on Lifetime a few weeks ago but I forget what season (6 maybe?).  

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 3

When Ben was pretending to be a pastor I had to wonder if the Grey's writers were poking fun of General Hospital's Dr/Father Griffin.

I also got the impression that Deluca may drop the charges to save Jo. But now I'm super confused about Jo's legal name. Isn't a name change public record? Did she legally change it? Was that before or after med school? What name are her student loans/taxes under?

I really liked the no nonsense resident/nurse that was working with Meredith.

• Love 2

Really great episode!  I have a feeling we're going to have an Oh Henry situation coming up in that Deluca will go to drop the charges only to find that Alex has already accepted a deal and Jo has skipped town. 

• Love 2

Yes, a name change is public record. Most states even require you to publish a notice in your county's paper. 

The exception is if you're in danger but if that was the case, the court couldn't bring her name change up anyways.

• Love 1

I guess I'll be the lone person with the unpopular opinion of being kind of underwhelmed. I know I should feel for Alex who I love but I don't? Also I was right, Jo and Alex are going to find their way back to each other and sadly DeLiva the one character who I kind of know the least but at this point in time like the most  is going to. E thrown to the wolves. Because this show is all about the true love always couples. 

I also don't care about the other storylines really. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, readster said:

Alex isn't being sued, he's facing criminal charges

• Love 9

The Jo name change angle is one of the lamest things this show has ever done. So many plot holes.  But at least Jo told Alex the truth, so that's something. 

I think we are either going to see the trial play out or Andrew will drop the charges. I don't foresee Alex going through with taking the plea deal because then how does he get out of that after the fact? 

Glad to see the doctors rallying around Richard. Arizona doesn't seem to be bothered that her new crush is out to get her friend's job. Doesn't matter, that love connection is already underwhelming anyway.

• Love 3

This episode was pretty lame for a (also lame, nevermind a contradiction in terms) mid season finale. Other than  Richard finding out about Bailey's betrayal, and Bailey realizing she's not cut out for her job, nothing much seemed to happen. 

The docs rallying for Richard was fantastic. And finally Alex seemed to be taking  some responsibility for beating the crap out of DeLuca. 

But Meredith gets more and more shrewish with each episode. That stick up her rear end must be getting all splintery, because she's in obvious discomfort. 

Jo's belated confession was well acted but too little too late. 

Not much to make me eager for January. 

Edited by Gladrags
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, gator12 said:

I'm not a lawyer or anything but its up to the State of Washington to drop charges against Alex, that has nothing to do with Andrew since its a criminal charges.

21 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

I'm no lawyer (nor do I play one on TV), but I don't think DeLuca can drop the charges against Alex.  The state brings criminal charges.  Certainly, DeLuca could refuse to testify, which would weaken the state's case, but there appears to be ample physical evidence that a crime was committed.  Or, DeLuca could ask the judge to show leniency, which is the route I think they will ultimately wind up going. 

Well, there goes my theory (though knowing Grey's, real life laws don't really matter). I'm drawing a blank as to how Alex gets out of this now. I'm not worried about him going to jail (it ain't happening), so I wonder what will get him off the hook. I was thinking of them building up DeLuca to save Jo. 

29 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

My bet is that Deluca, not knowing that Alex would turn himself in, drops the charges so that Jo doesn't have to testify. 

Probably although realistically DeLuca can't drop the charges. Obviously Alex isn't going to prison, so I wish they'd just plea it down to a misdemeanor with Alex paying damages and attending anger management and doing community service or something. That's not completely unrealistic, DeLuca would get some form of justice and Alex some form of punishment, and neither guy would be making decisions just so Jo doesn't have to testify.

I don't like Minick. I don't have much to say otherwise. I hope storylines move after break.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sheenieb said:

The not telling him is really the worst part. I know Minnick came in a day early, but that's one day. She should have told him as soon as she decided that she was bringing Minnick in. And it's terrible she's bringing in a person who purposely caused a problem during surgery to let an intern fix it. Someone like that shouldn't be allowed to practice.

It's just to bad that the story didn't allow for Meredith and Alex to be in that scene with all the doctors supporting Richard. They are the only two who really did train 100% under him from day 1.

1 minute ago, Evie said:

Probably although realistically DeLuca can't drop the charges. Obviously Alex isn't going to prison, so I wish they'd just plea it down to a misdemeanor with Alex paying damages and attending anger management and doing community service or something. That's not completely unrealistic, DeLuca would get some form of justice and Alex some form of punishment, and neither guy would be making decisions just so Jo doesn't have to testify.

Yeah, it would have made much more sense if they had Alex pleading guilty to a misdemeanor from the beginning. I know it's less dramatic, but they can't have him actually go to prison and lose his medical license unless Justin is leaving the show. And that would be a really crappy way to write him out. But I also don't think Alex should totally get off, since he did do a really terrible thing to DeLuca.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

Well, there goes my theory (though knowing Grey's, real life laws don't really matter). I'm drawing a blank as to how Alex gets out of this now. I'm not worried about him going to jail (it ain't happening), so I wonder what will get him off the hook. I was thinking of them building up DeLuca to save Jo. 

20 minutes ago, Gladrags said:

You don't pay damages in a criminal judgement; that's only for civil judgements. 

What could happen is that DeLuca asks the DA not to proceed and indicates that he wouldn't testify.  Any confession made by Alex within the context of a plea agreement can't actually be used at trial.  Blah, blah, blah....sprinkle in fictional rules/regulations and the charges go away (or go down to misdemeanor and probation/supervision area).

As far as paying restitution to a victim, a court or the DA himself could require that as a condition of settlement of criminal charges. Indeed many states have victim restitution statutes.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 9

In my state, to change my name, all I'm required to do is start being known by that name.  I have to notify institutions like banks, credit agencies, employers, etc. that I have changed my name and start using it for all ID, but no legal action is required.  

1 hour ago, BaseOps said:

He could refuse to testify though which would seriously damage the case. Then the DA might end offering Alex a much better plea deal say to a misdemeanor battery with probation and anger management rather than the felony charges he is currently facing. Which I think would be the best outcome for all involved actually. I don't see a purpose to throwing Alex in jail, its just going to throw his life away. I don't think punishment for punishments sake is justice.  Alex isn't a danger to anyone but himself he should face punishment sure but not jail time. The world is better place with Alex working as a surgeon than with him in jail.

• Love 7

Story-driven and emotionally derivative (exacerbated by the self-indulgent musical score). Not a singularly satisfying excursion, despite a few well-rendered (and long-deserved) moments in the heretofore jerky Alex/Jo story, the former of whom did the outing's best work and whose arc has shaped the strongest moments of the year thus far. 

Overall: written for cliffhanger, not character -- a function of the poorly-plotted jumble into which this otherwise promising season has devolved over the past few weeks. Fine ideas, flawed execution. 

• Love 2

Okay I think i realised what bugged me. 

I get that Jo is scared and wanted to protect Alex and everything - but I guess at my core, I don't understand if you went through the whole process of leaving and changing your name, why you just didn't file for divorce, anyway. Isn't there something like if you file, and even if the person doesn't sign, after seven years you're divorced or something (or is that bankruptcy? i'm tired). But  - the ultimate point is I am finding it really hard to believe that she couldn't legally remove herself from this man. 

And then why she would get to a point to a relationship where the guy is thinking marriage and kids. Have the guts to say - I don't want anything (legal) - or kids, or tell Alex the truth and let him process this. (this isn't to excuse what Alex did to DeLuca - but it all could have been avoided had Jo been truth from the get go)

And I do believe what Meredith is saying that this is ultimately giving up on himself even though he's doing a good thing. Fight. (and I love how Meredith flat out told him, I know I'll be okay. this is about YOU, because i was fully prepared for Meredith to break down and go I can't lose you too). But when she said It just can't be me, it really broke my heart, because  - it would be. Christina, Izzy, George, Derek - they're all gone, and it's just Alex, and he's all playing white knight. 

Amelia. piss off. seriously. 
Bailey needs to step down. This hospital needs someone who is already married to someone not in the hospital, so there is no conflict of interests. She sucks. 

Cases of the Week. verra good. 

• Love 4

I know this is not a new occurrence on this show, but I found it really annoying when Bailey used a gazillion words to explain the purpose of the cameras where about ten would suffice.  She also had me wondering if Alex was doing something we don't know about, but I guess she's just sad that one of her great successes is going to the slammer.

Loved Meredith's shout-out to MAGIC.

Last week's episode made me totally forget about Leah and Minnick.  I'm sorry to say that I wish I hadn't been reminded.  My only hope continues to be that Minnick somehow does something stupid because of her relationship with Arizona and Catherine understands that the teaching techniques are the least of this hospital's problems.  Maybe Leah can steal Minnick from Arizona out of some thirst for revenge and they both disappear.

2 hours ago, RogerDodger said:

During the elevator scene, all I could think about was how the hospital was in the middle of handling a major catastrophe and Jo thought it was best to tie up an elevator that was probably needed to transport patients to make her big confession to Alex when she's had more than enough opportunities to do so before now.  Of course, during this same major catastrophe, apparently a large number of doctors had enough free time to stage a rally for Richard.  Maybe the catastrophe wasn't as major as I thought.

I feel like the elevator thing is the show's way of indicating that they're ultimately MFEO, since the elevator carries a great amount of significance on Grey's.  If Alex and Meredith had their last heart-to-heart in the elevator, I would have been convinced of them having a romantic future. 

• Love 5

They really should have had jolex hash this out four episodes ago. I loved their scene. It's easy to forget these two do have nice chemistry and it was the first time in what felt like forever that I felt their love for one another. 

Im glad Meredith was fighting for Alex to fight for himself, but I also liked Alex falling on his sword for jo and I only like this for one reason: it will be the first time Alex has ever chosen Jo over Meredith. And if they want to go forward with jolex they need to have him do that. He can still be the bff and the great uncle to her kids but he has to choose Jo.

i know Meredith has suffered, lord knows she's been dealt the crappiest hand ever. I know she feels like Alex is all she has because she imprinted on MAGIC and has never let that go, but the reality is no one character has so many other character clamor to be there for her. She has two sisters who've begged to be there for her. So no, if Alex left she would be fine like she said and she wouldn't be alone.

I do know that if jo had been honest about all this earlier Alex prob wouldn't have found himself in the situation he is in now, but I can't find it in me to blame her or be mad at her. She prob doesn't understand the legalities of divorce or name changing or public record and her only recourse is "hide" and that's what she's been doing. She was a victim of domestic abuse and she's been living in fear ever since she left. It's not easy to just tell some one this and honestly, I think it's harder to tell someone you love and who has professed to love you. 

I really liked jo telling Alex that if she leaves it had nothing to do with him. That said a lot to me about her feelings of him in that moment. I thought Camilla did really well there.

I liked the doctors rallying around Webber. The throw back to japrils mercy west days was nice.and hey Maggie and Jackson spoke to one another! I do enjoy jacksons bougie attitude at times and him tellling Maggie to "land the plane"...haha YES!

Not the best winter finale but not the worst.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I love how in the Grey's universe, there are still cheap apartment buildings in Downtown Seattle with onsite landlords who are chummy with the tenants and feel bad about raising rents. In the real Seattle, all of those buildings have long ago been bought up by large real estate development companies, gut-renovated, and converted into ridiculously expensive "luxury" apartments/condos.

Something just doesn't add up about Jo's story. If she legally changed her name to Jo Wilson, wouldn't the public record of her testimony be in her current legal name as well? And if the guy she's married to is such a monster, why doesn't she have a restraining order against him? Take self-defense classes, install a security system at home, carry pepper spray, learn how to use a gun? Is she just going to live in fear for the rest of her life and run away and change her identity every time she thinks he's going to find her? I understand she's not supposed to be complete rational about this, but after so many years she should have started thinking about a more permanent solution.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

If she legally changed her name to Jo Wilson, wouldn't the public record of her testimony be in her current legal name as well? And if the guy she's married to is such a monster, why doesn't she have a restraining order against him? Take self-defense classes, install a security system at home, carry pepper spray, learn how to use a gun? Is she just going to live in fear for the rest of her life and run away and change her identity every time she thinks he's going to find her? I understand she's not supposed to be complete rational about this, but after so many years she should have started thinking about a more permanent solution.

I think her point was that she couldn't change it legally without him finding out...it would be on the record somewhere and he could find it.  That's why she didn't want to testify...she'd be lying just by stating her name.

As for not getting herself free from an abusive relationship, even though in this show there are perhaps heightened circumstances, so many women who have been in abusive relationships are probably faced with the questions you are asking here, and still weren't able to get away.

I know we are just commenting on a show, and playing around with characters here, but honest to god we need a system in the real world such that we don't fall back to questioning why a victim didn't do more to protect herself as opposed to questioning why we don't have a damn system that protects them more from the crazy abuser stalking them.  The victim doesn't need to do better, the damn system does.  We all do.

Edited by pennben
  • Like 1
  • Love 11

Stolen identity, we don't know when she was married, vis a vis her abuser and her going to medical school? I honestly don't have a good answer,  I'm not sure we'll be satisfied with the answer whatever it is.  I think right now, though, I'm more concerned with a notion that an abused woman didn't do enough, even when Jo has obviously gone to extremes, to protect herself.  Even though we are talking fictional characters, that troubles me.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, pennben said:

I know we are just commenting on a show, and playing around with characters here, but honest to god we need a system in the real world such that we don't fall back to questioning why a victim didn't do more to protect herself as opposed to questioning why we don't have a damn system that protects them more from the crazy abuser stalking them.  The victim doesn't need to do better, the damn system does.  We all do.

But the system can only do something if Jo tried to go through the system, i.e. press charges, get a restraining order, etc. It doesn't sound like she did those things. She's scared, and understandably so, but is she going to give into that fear for the rest of her life, and let it rob her of any chance at long-term happiness? It's up to her to choose to fight back. I can see how she let the fear overwhelm her when she was very young, without a family or support system, but many years have passed and she's in a much stronger position now. 

Do we actually know what she did previously? We know she is terrified and that she took this drastic measure, but are we sure she didn't take 'reasonable' measures before that just didn't work? 

I'm sincerely asking here.  I don't think we know the full story yet. So, I guess I'm pumping the breaks on laying this on her not doing enough (and some die even when they do a socially acceptable amount of 'enough').

Lot's of women fight back and still lose.  How much fighting back is enough that we don't blame the victim?  I hope this storyline explores that notion.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, pennben said:

Do we actually know what she did previously? We know she is terrified and that she took this drastic measure, but are we sure she didn't take 'reasonable' measures before that just didn't work? 

I'm sincerely asking here.  I don't think we know the full story yet. So, I guess I'm pumping the breaks on laying this on her not doing enough.

Lot's of women fight back and still lose.  I hope this storyline explores that notion.

She didn't say either way, but the way she told it sounded like she disappeared and changed her identity after he almost beat her to death. Which is a completely understandable reaction at the time, and I'm not trying to blame her for anything, I'm just saying that she now has a life that's worth fighting for and she's in a better position to fight than when she was a teenager living in her car. If she keeps running away, not allowing herself to build meaningful relationships, always looking over her shoulder, what kind of life is that?

• Love 2

Given Jos background and how she grew up I S understand her hesitance to go to through the system. She survived until she met the husband by taking shortcuts and avoiding the foster homes previously provided to her because she never felt safe in them and lost trust in what was being offered to her. This, coupled with her inferiority complex towards the husband (he was powerful and charming etc) along with the physical and possible emotional abuse he was putting her through - I can see why why felt There was no other option by to run. 

As as for not telling Alex sooner.... In a normal Greys relationship storyline it would have probably come out in season ten/eleven but since the writers took a two season break from giving Jo and Jo/Alex any major storylines I'm gonna put it down to out of sight/out of mind. She could have put it to the back of her mind and naively believed she'd get away with it. 

I also believe that she thought it could get Alex into trouble. That elevator scene and Alex's reaction reminded me that before Alex became the fourth sister he and Jo were completely in love and there was little they wouldn't do for each other. They were solid. Considering his reaction to thinking Chest Peckwell had hurt her wHere he probably would have beaten him to a pulp had she not already done it I get she thought he could do something crazy if she told him. It's just sad as they both acknowledged that by not telling him it started the chain of events that got him into that same position anyway.

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Starscream said:

I know this is not a new occurrence on this show, but I found it really annoying when Bailey used a gazillion words to explain the purpose of the cameras where about ten would suffice.  She also had me wondering if Alex was doing something we don't know about, but I guess she's just sad that one of her great successes is going to the slammer.

Loved Meredith's shout-out to MAGIC.

Last week's episode made me totally forget about Leah and Minnick.  I'm sorry to say that I wish I hadn't been reminded.  My only hope continues to be that Minnick somehow does something stupid because of her relationship with Arizona and Catherine understands that the teaching techniques are the least of this hospital's problems.  Maybe Leah can steal Minnick from Arizona out of some thirst for revenge and they both disappear.

I feel like the elevator thing is the show's way of indicating that they're ultimately MFEO, since the elevator carries a great amount of significance on Grey's.  If Alex and Meredith had their last heart-to-heart in the elevator, I would have been convinced of them having a romantic future. 

What is MFEO? 

The best part of this episode was when Alex told Meredith that she'll be fine without him and she said, "I KNOW. But this isn't about me. It's about YOU." As self-involved and me-me-me as Meredith can be, she did right by Alex this week and for the right (aka unselfish) reasons. Even later when she called him and brought up MAGIC, I don't think being the last one left was her actual concern. I think that she knew he was determined to sacrifice his medical career to protect Jo and she was desperate enough to try to save him from himself that she was throwing out anything she thought might change his mind.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Starscream said:

I know this is not a new occurrence on this show, but I found it really annoying when Bailey used a gazillion words to explain the purpose of the cameras where about ten would suffice. 

I barely made it thorugh that scene and it made me want to stop watching the episode altogether. She really is insufferable in every possible way. I don't think I've ever gone so much from totally loving a character to actively wanting them gone. 

OMG, is Alex really going to jail for two years???! LOL, of course not. Way to drag it out for 10 episodes. I'm anxiously (well, not really) waiting to see what they're going to pull out of their asses to save him. 

I'm glad Jo finally came clean, but her story is such blatant retcon BS that I simply cannot bring myself to care about whatever that is that supposedly happened to her. And speaking of her, as she was walking out, for a second I thought we might have a new Erica Hahn moment on our hands. But probably not.

Not feeling Arizona with the Prettier Callie. 

• Love 1