Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Service

halgia
  • Start Topic

Negan would make more sense to me if he had people living in a large compound and had them slaving away at various jobs such as farming, butchering, etc. As it is, he and/or his guys have to drive to each location and risk someone killing one or all of them, with the hope that they will have something useful for Negan's guys. That just seems foolish to me. The Hilltop at least has crops and food, but at this point Rick's people have nothing. They got the guns this time and a deer and obviously had no use for the mattress so what could they get next time? I would assume the only thing left would be for Negan to take some of the women for his harem. 

I also don't see why Negan's guys stay with him. If they were true psychopaths, they would care only for themselves and the first time Negan burned them or cut off a hand, they would either riot or disappear. Only weak willed people will consciously follow a leader who is upfront about not wanting the best for them. Negan talks about giving them a cot and food but then also admits he will take their wives if he chooses and they will punished brutally for any and all reason. The Governor succeeded because he claimed to be creating a peaceful community where people could have a normal life. Negan makes no such promises. It's like his recruitment poster is: Come with me and you may get a cot, I'll take your wife and at some point you will piss me off and I will hurt you and/or your loved ones."

• Love 15
12 hours ago, BloatedGuppy said:

• Speaking of fighting, Chandler Riggs still can't act. I want to love dead-eye Carl, but the performance is so relentlessly wooden he just murders every scene he's in. And his hair is ludicrous. It looks like a wig.
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

I thought I remembered Michonne being around in the background during some discussion of Judith's parentage at some point, so the fact that Rick thinks she's really Shane's child shouldn't be a revelation to her.  Nor do I think she really cares whose DNA made her.  She's Carl's sister and that's good enough for her.  

I don't think Judith's value to Michonne has anything to do with Carl. I think the simple fact that she's a part of the group and a baby is good enough for Michonne.

Edited by GodsBeloved
  • Love 7

I guess now that Negan has taken everything from Alexandria, we won't get that long-anticipated and very special Christmas episode. 

Well, I guess Eugene could make each person their own bullet. Monogrammed.

Now that I think about it, Negan reminds me of the Grinch. What we need is a Cindy Lou Who. I guess Rosita and Michonne are out of the running. Maybe Judith?

• Love 3

And what's with Negan showing off by bashing in walker heads? Is everyone supposed to be impressed by that, when they've all killed walkers in every way and form imaginable? He's all like, "Hey watch me! Okay, okay - here we go. Are you guys watching? WATCH!" I mean, everyone already knows he can smash skulls with it.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

I'm sure there are times when Negan, in a moment of quiet reflection, says to himself: "And people said that memorizing all of Andrew Dice Clay's standup material was a complete waste of time. They didn't know shit."

That's the kind of big Dad he is.  

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

I think he did it because the stag was shot. Neegan wouldn't have overlooked his manner of death and there would have been hell to pay.

But did Negan even know Michonne was back there in the shed?  Or did Rick's eyes going sprooooing! and his asking to be excused for a moment lead to the loss of the deer, the rifle and--miraculously--not glowering Michonne or her katana?

I thought Rick explained that offering up the hotsy-totsy rifle Negan wasn't even looking for was to generate some good will on the issue of Daryl coming home.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I really don't get WHAT he wants them to earn for him? More decorative items? Different sized mattresses? Dinnerware? More sweats for the fence slaves? He can't expect them to get more guns because they now have no guns with which to go out and get more guns. So what does he want? I still haven't figured it out.

Maybe he likes applesauce?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I really don't get WHAT he wants them to earn for him? More decorative items? Different sized mattresses? Dinnerware? More sweats for the fence slaves? He can't expect them to get more guns because they now have no guns with which to go out and get more guns. So what does he want? I still haven't figured it out.

Maybe he likes applesauce?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, BananaRama said:

Where did all of Alexandria's food go?  When we first met them, they were having cocktail parties.  Did they think that they had an endless supply and never thought about rationing the food?  Honestly, where did it go?

The plague came and ate it though they did get some of Hilltop's produce.

About the guns, I guess I missed something. Two firearms were missing. The one in Spencer's house was one right yet the one Michonne had wasn't? So Negan didn't recover all the missing guns yet didn't kill Olivia? Is that right?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Yeah, and if they don't come up with enough interesting shit to give him, he'll taunt them a second time.

Hee. Now you've made me want to see Negan catapult a cow over the wall. And wish that he talked in a bad French accent (because at least rude French castle guy was funny and actually came up with amusing insults rather than mostly uncomfortable creepy uncle-like ones.)

By the way, does Alexandria still have that cow? Did they hide it? Did they already cut it up into meat?

30 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

As it is, he and/or his guys have to drive to each location and risk someone killing one or all of them, with the hope that they will have something useful for Negan's guys. That just seems foolish to me.

And it's even more foolish that they don't know what to do with the stuff that they do get. It still makes zero sense to me that Negan burned up the mattresses. As someone above pointed out, that's a whoooole lot of work and expended energy just to dump shit - especially useful shit. Sure it's sort of intimidating, maybe, but how is it supposed to make the people he's extorting from want to give him things? What so he can waste them? It just shows them that there is no hope, so why even bother giving Negan stuff. That he doesn't want anyway. Sure some of the people might be cowed, but all that needs to happen is for one person to lose it at the treatment and have a lucky day. And considering all of the people that Negan has come into contact with and abused, to me it is unbelievable that it hasn't happened yet - with the people left after the apocalypse, there has to be a bigger natural percentage of people all ready on the edge, right?

Yeah, it's making less and less sense to me that Alexandria just didn't pack up and leave. I mean what proof do they have that Negan is going to let Daryl live anyway? He's done maybe one tenth of the things he said that he would and goes back on his "word" / agreement all of the time.

1 minute ago, GodsBeloved said:

About the guns, I guess I missed something. Two firearms were missing. The one in Spencer's house was one right yet the one Michonne had wasn't?

Spencer had two guns in that bag.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, GodsBeloved said:

The plague came and ate it though they did get some of Hilltop's produce.

About the guns, I guess I missed something. Two firearms were missing. The one in Spencer's house was one right yet the one Michonne had wasn't? So Negan didn't recover all the missing guns yet didn't kill Olivia? Is that right?

That list is only accurate as far as the people of Alexandria are concerned. It didn't account for everything Morgan and Carol have nor Michonne's. 

I'm wondering what happened to the guns Maggie and FPP hid around the compound last year. Maybe they put those back.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Boofish said:

That list is only accurate as far as the people of Alexandria are concerned. It didn't account for everything Morgan and Carol have nor Michonne's. 

I'm wondering what happened to the guns Maggie and FPP hid around the compound last year. Maybe they put those back.

Heath and Tara must have guns too.  So the ledger must be really inaccurate or there are a lot of people walking around with guns that were never in the armory.  

I wouldn't be surprised if there were others (especially Abraham, Glenn/Maggie and Sasha) hiding guns somewhere that the viewer doesn't know about. Obviously, if Abraham had a hidden stash, the others would only find out if they stumbled upon it but Maggie would know about Glenn's.

And I also wouldn't find it completely out of character for  Father Gabriel to have something stashed away because he feels the need to protect everyone.

There aren't any buried in the woods any more, right?  I think Rick said as much. 

Edited by ElleMo
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, candall said:

But did Negan even know Michonne was back there in the shed?  Or did Rick's eyes going sprooooing! and his asking to be excused for a moment lead to the loss of the deer, the rifle and--miraculously--not glowering Michonne or her katana?

I thought Rick explained that offering up the hotsy-totsy rifle Negan wasn't even looking for was to generate some good will on the issue of Daryl coming home.

Rick's eyes clued Negan to Michonne's presence, although I don't know why TPTB staged it so that she was standing front and center in the window where she would clearly be seen by Negan's hencemen who were facing her. Having her trying to duck away as Negan turned to face her seemed to be a stupid afterthought.

Anyway, Michonne drops in not knowing the details of the gun takeover. Rick stepping in and handing over what would have been found anyway, stopped Negan from interacting with her for any extended time and probably saved her life.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Or at the very least just hide the damn sign-out log!

That was my biggest issue with it all. Fuck hiding guns, why are you keeping a record of them, so now Negan can account for every last one. HUGE oversight. Burn that shit and hide a bunch of guns. 

29 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

And it's even more foolish that they don't know what to do with the stuff that they do get. It still makes zero sense to me that Negan burned up the mattresses. As someone above pointed out, that's a whoooole lot of work and expended energy just to dump shit - especially useful shit

Also, handwaving that gasoline would even still be good at this point - that's a huge luxury you shouldn't be wasting. 

• Love 9

Poor (not even really fat) Olivia: When Ol' Father Gabriel is more on the ball in terms of misdirecting the enemy, you know you need to figure your shit out! And Negan or no Negan, she still didn't do her job keeping track of the guns; Spencer got a hold of them--along with his cookies and booze or whatever--at some point.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mmecorday said:

THIS has all the perfection of a Michelangelo sculpture. Bravo!

Thank you. I really don't want to be a hater. This is my favorite show. I spend real life time defending it from people who seem to have jumped on a huffy sort of bandwagon about it having gone down the tubes. I keep reading social media posts to the effect of "I haven't watched since season __"  and I always say ooohhhh gooood for youuuu in the Christian Bale freak out voice in my head.

So, it extra super mega bugs me that the only good things that happened in this episode, aside from Andrew Lincoln being hot, was father fucking pee pants' (FFPP?) fake Maggie grave and poor Daryl's reaction shot. 

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Ashura77 said:

I do wonder though how Rick would react if next time, when they have nothing to give to Negan, the blabbermouth would ask for some of the women for his harem. 

This would have happened already if this ZA weren't so sanitized.   The guys following Negan would be the very worst society has to offer.   They would include rapists, murderers, etc.   It's been awhile since society collapsed, meaning they would be neo-barbarians by now.  They would have carried off the women (probably even Carl too what with his purty hair) almost immediately.  Dwight taunting Rosita with the hat was ridiculous.   He would have dragged her to the side of the road, defiled her, then taken her hat if not her life.   Of course, these guys also would have cut Negan up into little pieces a LONG time ago, so ... 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Ruprecht said:

I really hate story telling that makes characters stupid or changes how they behave in order to drive the plot. I loved the evolution of Carol from battered housewife to the strong and crafty woman and fighter that she was. Then they had to go and make her feel  guilty about killing bad people so she wouldn't be a resource to protect Alexandria. This is a woman famous for taking out a psychotic child ("look at the flowers") and threatening to leave another one tied to a tree for walkers to eat. She singlehandedly saved Rick and crew from Terminus. Making her have a guilty conscience thanks to Morgan is dumb and contrived.

And now I feel they are doing the same with Rick. This is a person who bit out the throat of someone in order to protect his son. But they have to have Negan be this invincible villain so, of course, Rick has to be emasculated (Daryl, too). Last night, I got so irritated watching that I got up and starting cooking Thanksgiving stuff to calm down. Maybe I'm a pollyanna but I need to see some balance. If nothing else, Rick's big speech on the guns would have worked for me had he either stepped down as the leader or let them know this wouldn't be their life forever, just for right now. But Negan is  annoying and his lines are ridiculous (cartoon villain, to be sure). He's not charming, not scary, not interesting. He is simultaneously boring, irritating, and tedious. 

They're changing longstanding characters to enable Negan.   They brought in Morgan to enable Negan.  Negan can't survive vintage Rick & Co.    These are the folks who casually blew up Negan's road gang with an RPG (best use of a TV RPG since Sonny Crockett's Ferrari was blown up: "Sold.")  But now they're desperately trying to repair Hi Fi systems so they don't get ganked?   Bah.

5 minutes ago, RustbeltWriter said:

The more I hear Negan talk the more I'm reminded of Dennis Hopper's character in Waterworld and man, that is not a good thing.

I see General Bethlehem from The Postman (checks credits to see if Kevin Costner is an executive producer).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GodsBeloved said:

I don't think Judith's value to Michonne has anything to do with Carl. I think the simple fact that she's a part of the group and a baby is good enough for Michonne.

I'd wager that Michonne also puts a big premium on the fact that she is Rick's and what is Rick's is hers.  So Judith is hers.  When Judith talks, Rick will be Daddy and Michonne will be Mommy.  And seriously with those parents and that big brother, Judith will grow up to be Xena.

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, ElleMo said:

Heath and Tara must have guns too.  So the ledger must be really inaccurate or there are a lot of people walking around with guns that were never in the armory.  

I wouldn't be surprised if there were others (especially Abraham, Glenn/Maggie and Sasha) hiding guns somewhere that the viewer doesn't know about. Obviously, if Abraham had a hidden stash, the others would only find out if they stumbled upon it but Maggie would know about Glenn's.

And I also wouldn't find it completely out of character for  Father Gabriel to have something stashed away because he feels the need to protect everyone.

There aren't any buried in the woods any more, right?  I think Rick said as much. 

Glenn did say "there is always a gun hidden somewhere" I'm actually glad for these Negan-centric slow episodes because I'm not constantly reminded that Glenn is dead. It's a welcome distraction for someone like me that love to bury their head in the sand and pop back up hoping the problem is gone

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ElleMo said:

Olivia obviously really sucks at her job.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Again, the entire setup of the Saviors putting this much effort out for an asshole just to asshole just defies any degree of plausibility.  Have any of these writers ever moved mattresses?  Furniture?  We're really to believe they did all the heavy lifting of lugging an entire truckload down stairs and out to curbs and onto trucks just to drive down the road and light a bonfire?  When they're apparently sleeping on what appeared to be miserable army cots? 

Haha, exactly!  I'd kill Negan or myself before I started hauling mattresses around.

11 hours ago, candall said:

I'd prefer watching Rick be Secret Squirrel cagey--but I can see where they want to do something new and different in the character development department.  On TD, Andrew Lincoln said it was exhilarating to portray his new reality, and also that it was difficult to do.

Good point.  I sense from earlier interviews that Andy is getting bored, and for him to want to keep doing this after six years, he wants some new acting challenges.  It's not his fault the Negan character is ridiculous.  I didn't watch this episode and will get to it whenever, because nothing in this plot is remotely believable or sensible to me, which has been well covered here.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, PreviouslyTV said:

In a super-sized episode, Rick gives up and everyone else is terrified of the new world leader.

View the full article

This article (and several posters) repeatedly refer to Daryl as "broken".  My question: why?  I mean - we know Negan is definitely trying to break Daryl, both personally directly, and with Dwight's assistance.  Unless I've missed something, however, we've seen no sign to indicate Negan has succeeded.  Daryl's refusal in "Cell" to answer Negan's "what's your name?" question in a suitably capitulatory manner, in fact, would indicate the exact opposite.  

We can postulate (successfully, I believe)  a significant degree of timeline disjunct between Episodes 3 and 4; Ep3 appeared to (IHMO anyway) at least strongly infer a passage of several days (weeks? months?) expended in trying to break Daryl, while Ep4 occurs within 3-4 days after the Great Negan Brain-Bash-O-Rama - Negan gave ASZ a week to get "half [their] shit" together, but then showed up "early".  If Daryl was not broken by the end of the "Cell" timeline, then I'd hazard the guess it's virtually certain he was not broken in a significantly shorter time frame, such as 3 or 4 days.

And lest anybody think behavioral acquiescence automatically translates to surrender, I refer you to a viewing of Cool Hand Luke  - the turtle-shooting scene in particular.  :)

47 minutes ago, ElleMo said:

Of course that ledger is wildly inaccurate.  I thought Carol more than adequately demonstrated the ASZHats kept better count of their chocolate bars than of their weapons and ammunition.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, nachomama said:

The minute they got back to Alexandria they should have had a sit down and started stashing medicine, food, etc.

Hopefully, Father Gabriel and crew stashed a few unregistered weapons in those graves they dug for Maggie, Glen and Abraham... well, one could hope, right?

• Love 5

Where o where to begin with this episode. First off why isn't anyone capable of coming up with a  contingency plan. I feel like I can just picture the rusty gears in their minds going, gee this farm prison suburban town seems really safe from walkers/ crazy people trying to kill us but just in case lets hide weapons/ supplies and not leave a FUCKING WRITTEN INVENTORY of all of our stuff with the person Carol has duped not once but twice. Don't hide things in the secret drain that leads outside that only Aaron and Maggie know about. Don't dig an empty grave and put weapons and supplies in there because that's just stupid. I get that Rick is in shock as most of team family is but I have a hard time believing Michonne or anyone one for that matter didn't take over and figure out how to stash more supplies.

I was really hoping Rosita would have killed Spenser out in the woods just for being a general asshole and he is obviously going to sell them all out to Negan. Since she didn't, I just knew Rick was going to beat him to death but he didn't. I must have looked at the clock at least 4 times watching this so called extra long special about Negan. I'm not a suicidal person but I would have taken one for the team and shot him just so he could shut up. He is a cartoon that works in the comic, but TV... not so much. I love to watch a good villain but he is just so annoying I'm starting to think his real power lies in his ability talk and bore people into submission. My real question is if 4 different groups are sharing this area how much supplies could really be left to get at this point and how are these groups suppose to get supplies for Negan with no guns?

Also Rick's reveal, uh we pretty much knew that season 2. God what did these people talk about while they were on the road. The computer network goes down at my job for an hour we are yaking nonstop. 

Edited by yoyo926
Correction
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Nashville said:
8 hours ago, PreviouslyTV said:

In a super-sized episode, Rick gives up and everyone else is terrified of the new world leader.

View the full article

This article (and several posters) repeatedly refer to Daryl as "broken".  My question: why?  I mean - we know Negan is definitely trying to break Daryl, both personally directly, and with Dwight's assistance.  Unless I've missed something, however, we've seen no sign to indicate Negan has succeeded.  Daryl's refusal in "Cell" to answer Negan's "what's your name?" question in a suitably capitulatory manner, in fact, would indicate the exact opposite.  

We can postulate (successfully, I believe)  a significant degree of timeline disjunct between Episodes 3 and 4; Ep3 appeared to (IHMO anyway) at least strongly infer a passage of several days (weeks? months?) expended in trying to break Daryl, while Ep4 occurs within 3-4 days after the Great Negan Brain-Bash-O-Rama - Negan gave ASZ a week to get "half [their] shit" together, but then showed up "early".  If Daryl was not broken by the end of the "Cell" timeline, then I'd hazard the guess it's virtually certain he was not broken in a significantly shorter time frame, such as 3 or 4 days.

And lest anybody think behavioral acquiescence automatically translates to surrender, I refer you to a viewing of Cool Hand Luke  - the turtle-shooting scene in particular.  :)

3 hours ago, ElleMo said:

Of course that ledger is wildly inaccurate.  I thought Carol more than adequately demonstrated the ASZHats kept better count of their chocolate bars than of their weapons and ammunition.

That's a fair, if argumentative point. That's really just my shorthand way of saying "Remember last week when they tried to break Daryl? He sure looks and acts pretty broken, huh?" We all know he's probably going to snap out of it at the right moment and kick a foot in someone's ass, get his crossbow and ride off with his motorcycle. But for the time being, he's essentially acting like he's broken.

Breaking someone is surely not as binary as the show would expect us to believe. But right now the switch it set to "Broken" at least in the TWD universe.

Edited by Omar G.
  • Love 2

Can Negan just walk up and knock on the door without a to-do?

I guess it's been said before, but it's weird that Negan hasn't found this place yet. I would think that he would sent out scouts, but I guess that takes strategic thinking. 

I think it would be great if someone came up with a plan to secretly kill all Negan's group. Just off them one by one. Disappear the bodies. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, HighMaintenance said:

Because this one scene in this episode bugged the crap out of me...One of the most bothersome tropes throughout this show reared its huge head AGAIN with Rick's big "reveal" about Judith.

Rick's just NOW telling Michonne about his bff Shane?  About Judith's paternity?  The secret that was NO secret... especially to the viewers?

Of course, in the same vein, we might well ask has Michonne told Rick about her son, Andre?

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Omar G. said:

That a fair, if argumentative point. That's really just my shorthand way of saying "Remember last week when they tried to break Daryl? He sure looks and acts pretty broken, huh?" We all know he's probably going to snap out of it at the right moment and kick a foot in someone's ass, get his crossbow and ride off with his motorcycle. But for the time being, he's essentially acting like he's broken.

Breaking someone is surely not as binary as the show would expect us to believe. But right now the switch it set to "Broken" at least in the TWD universe.

My personal takeaway was this:  Negan wants to break Daryl's spirit, but hasn't accomplished this - yet.  Negan wants to project the appearance of having broken Daryl, however, so Negan dresses Daryl up in the crappy scarlet-letter pjs and parades Daryl around in front of the ASZHats.  Negan himself betrays this appearance is an illusion, however, with his prohibition against Rick or anybody else directly communicating with Daryl.

In both Episodes 1 and 3, Negan has pretty clearly communicated his fascination with Daryl centers around Daryl's defiant nature.  If Negan ever really thought Daryl's spirit truly WAS broken, I expect Negan would immediately kill Daryl himself - or have Daryl killed on the spot - simply because Daryl would cease to be interesting to Negan; Daryl would have lost what is (to Negan) Daryl's primary attractive/entertaining feature.  

If Negan truly did break Daryl but (for whatever reason) didn't kill him, then I would expect Negan to actively ENCOURAGE contact with Broke Daryl - both to rub more salt in CDB's wounds, and feed his own self-aggrandizing ego's "look what I did" lust.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Fuck hiding guns, why are you keeping a record of them, so now Negan can account for every last one. HUGE oversight. Burn that shit and hide a bunch of guns. 

Obviously, Rick didn't return from the Savior Party to tell anyone in Alexandria what was going to happen. If he did, it seems there's not a single person there who might have thought, "Umm... Maybe we should hide some of the guns, meds, etc."? You'd think this is something that would have been discussed at a meeting BEFORE Negan got there, rather than the "We're all fucked" speech at the end. "Here, Negan. This is a list of every weapon we have here." I'm thinking the AZS crowd deserves to be stripped of everything since they're so clueless.

• Love 5

I'm actually not having that much a problem with Rick's behavior. It's only been a few days, and Negan did show up early. I would think everyone is hiding guns somewhere though not on the list. To be fair, Daryl is a chip. If Rick acts too soon, he probably goes. 

Totally agree though about then hiding them and destroying the records pre emptively though.

I tend to think Rick is biding his time, but I still think Carl will be the one to take out Negan. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 4

Nice to be back in the Alexandria Not-So-Safe Zone but there were some things I could have lived without in this episode. The biggest thing is Negan. I find nothing charismatic, or interesting about the guy. 

It's been a few traumatic days since Team Rick returned from the carnage but, seriously, no one thought of moving any of the weapons out of the armoury?  I'd have a couple of weapons just as comfort objects. And Negan, jeez what a dumbass, why would he expect the inventory to be complete? Does Olivia look like a woman who could stop anyone from taking a weapon if they wanted one? If I wanted a gun and Olivia told me no, I'd be leaving with a gun. Nobody goes anywhere without a weapon so what's the point of maintaining a central armoury? That was Deanna's thing. If anyone in Alexandria is unarmed at this point of the ZA they deserve to die.

And if this show ever expects me to give a crap about Dwight, it is doomed to disappointment. I hope Rosita takes her improbable bullet, lines up Spencer and Dwight, and kills them both with one shot. 

Edited by Irishmaple
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, ShadowSixx said:

Would Negan please shut the fuck up. Seriously writers need to write him better because they're still writing him like they're a bunch of high schoolers putting a cliched villain to life. It's still too frat boy and annoying. I was hoping ASZ had a muzzle so Negan can put it on. This episode was good minus Negan.

Carl, I'm absolutely loving the hell out of him right now. He's not backing down, he's ready to kill them as much as I would love to warp in my t.v. and help him. I was really hoping Carl would shoot that dingy fucker in the head.

Faking Maggie's death, hope that works out for them and Maggie comes back with guns blaring ready for revenge.

Spencer is just a little bitch, I'm really hoping Rick does break his jaw and teeth. How dare he bring up Glenn and Abe like that. Does he really think that was a great time to bring it up?

Father Gabriel has so redeemed himself and come a long way from what he use to be. DId like him mentioning that he and Rick didn't start off as friends.

I'm loving that Rosita and Michonne as well as Carl are just against this and want to do something but they really can't right now. Michonne mentioned Hilltop but still don't have the numbers so I'm really hoping that they get the numbers with the Kingdom. Michonne does have to work on her aim with those types of guns and get some lessons from Sasha. 

LOL Carl is one of the worst written characters in the show

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Nothing in the Negan storyline is quite making sense to me. As far as Rick and his 'shocking' confession re Judith: Rick has always known Judith may not be his, but he doesn't know for sure she is Shane's daughter either. And considering that people like Maggie, Glen, Michonne etc are part of Rick's family, what difference does it make? And it makes zero sense to me for Rick to say he has to insist Judith isn't really his in order to stay alive for her-WTH?

I still don't understand Negan's goals here besides making funny old timey puns. He takes away their guns, they obviously don't grow anything, he doesn't want their houses, yet he wants them to provide some mysterious thing each month. Why wouldn't he just kill them all and take over Alexandria? And I still don't see why someone doesn't just take him out. Hell, CDB could take all of them out and close the gates and keep shooting. And since they knew Negan would be coming, why not hide the gun register and hide some extra of everything-he wouldn't know! Also, since he is taking all of their medicine and guns, how can he be sure they will be alive to produce? So much doesn't make sense to me.

I didn't know they were mattresses either until someone pointed them out. 

How the hell would they do that? They were massively out maned and out gunned. Even if by some miracle they did manage to take out Negan and his men, Negan still has way more men that were not there that would just come kill everyone in retaliation

• Love 2
19 hours ago, jvr said:

I don't think Rick is being smart at all, he might not be completely neutered and might come to his senses and come up with a plan at some point but right now he has fucked them. When they were on the road on their knees, yes, do as they say and be their bitch...but now you are back home with the rest of your group, able to regroup...they should have been ready for a fight. Or at least have been stashing stuff for later.

Being behind the walls of Alexandria with all that gunpower...they could have blown Negan's group to bits when they rolled up to the gates. Rained bullets and rpgs down on their asses. They had a fighting chance even while being outnumbered but now they are outnumber and outgunned...they are in an impossible situation now. I hope Rick knows wtf he is doing.

Rick acting like a "bitch" at least keeps them alive. Raining "bullets and rpgs down on their asses" would get them all killed. Negan didn't even have all his men with him. Fighting back would be certain death for everyone

• Love 1

I have a hard time believing Michonne or anyone one for that matter didn't take over and figure out how to stash more supplies.

Actually the fact that there was any lag time at all in Negan going to Alexandria is why this entire story line fails. Once Rick broke like a bitch, Negan and friends should have have taken the crew, with bodies, right to Alexandria and called a town meeting where Rick could then explain to everyone, with no quibbling, how he broke like a bitch and how Alexandria now belonged to Negan. Then with Glen and Abraham's bodies on display, everyone would  and be told to go fetch their guns and hand them over... and then Negan's boys would toss the houses and if any guns were found, well, one random member of the group would be beaten to death for every gun found.

That's how you make an example of someone.

And if Carl pulled that bullshit about arguing over the drugs? Then Carl should  have been told to pick someone and to watch that someone get beaten to death to drive home how Carl was failing to learn the important lesson of "Do as Negan says" instead of being chuckled over because if Negan is really this super bad ass killer, he's not going to find open rebellion cute.

And if Negan has so many men, then he'd be leaving a few to keep an eye on people. And I'd be doing a head count and giving a warning that if numbers aren't the same - if people try to run - then there will be punishment for those who say nothing.

I'm not even thinking that hard on this.

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, DesertCyclist said:

Negan took the mattresses just to fuck with them.

He was "taking it to the mattresses". A Godfather reference. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Negan thought that was hella funny. It was like he took all of their ability to fight along with the "mattresses". 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, RustbeltWriter said:

You are spot on WEIGHTYGHOST. It's bad enough that Abraham and Glenn had to die so callously but now we have to watch 90 minutes of Negan strutting around Alexandria preening like a peacock while he and his goons act like a bunch of frat boys. They're clearly going to  twist that knife in Rick's side every chance they get and we've seen how they treat the Kingdom and Hilltop. The Saviors are sadists and while I don't doubt their kind would exist in an apocalypse, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't self destruct. Spencer could have shot through the fence and killed Negan. Carl could have shot him in the house. Hopefully all that swagger does him in at some point.

Why would they do that? Everyone dies if they do that

54 minutes ago, Irishmaple said:

And if this show ever expects me to give a crap about Dwight, it is doomed to disappointment. I hope Rosita takes her improbable bullet, lines up Spencer and Dwight, and kills them both with one shot. 

Dwight is  a worm and I bet his wife is shedding no tears over being parted from him. Rosita, taking him and Spencer out? That might prevent me from falling asleep again. Good riddance to two of the biggest bores ever.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Ruprecht said:

I really hate story telling that makes characters stupid or changes how they behave in order to drive the plot. I loved the evolution of Carol from battered housewife to the strong and crafty woman and fighter that she was. Then they had to go and make her feel  guilty about killing bad people so she wouldn't be a resource to protect Alexandria. This is a woman famous for taking out a psychotic child ("look at the flowers") and threatening to leave another one tied to a tree for walkers to eat. She singlehandedly saved Rick and crew from Terminus. Making her have a guilty conscience thanks to Morgan is dumb and contrived.

And now I feel they are doing the same with Rick. This is a person who bit out the throat of someone in order to protect his son. But they have to have Negan be this invincible villain so, of course, Rick has to be emasculated (Daryl, too). Last night, I got so irritated watching that I got up and starting cooking Thanksgiving stuff to calm down. Maybe I'm a pollyanna but I need to see some balance. If nothing else, Rick's big speech on the guns would have worked for me had he either stepped down as the leader or let them know this wouldn't be their life forever, just for right now. But Negan is  annoying and his lines are ridiculous (cartoon villain, to be sure). He's not charming, not scary, not interesting. He is simultaneously boring, irritating, and tedious. 

The only way last night's episode could have worked for me is if someone planted a bomb on  that truck and blew them all up. 

BloatedGuppy, your entire post was golden and I 100% agree. As awful as TWD was last night, Westworld was freaking amazing. 

There was no evolution. They just drastically changed her entire character in the span of one episode with zero set up 

• Love 4