Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Speculation

• Start Topic

No, no, and a thousand more no's to the possibility of Grover joining 5-0.  TPTB have tried three times to adda 5th team member ansi t has crashed and burned.

I'm not fond of the "Core 4" term, but in this instance it works.  Grover just needs to stay with SWAT.

Are you listening Mr. Lenkov?

From TVGuide's Mega Buzz column:

Any Hawaii Five-0 scoop? — Mary, via Twitter

With Catherine out of the picture, I hear that McGarrett is getting a new love interest. He'll meet her because of a connection she had with his dearly departed dad. (No, not like that!) Apparently McGarrett Sr. investigated the death of a family member for her long after the case went cold. "After he died, this woman, on the anniversary of his death, always shows up at his grave to basically thank him for everything he had done," executive producer Peter Lenkov says. Cue the graveside meet-cute!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-Dome-Bridge-Leftovers-Spoilers-1083902.aspx

Per TVLine: http://tvline.com/2014/08/13/hawaii-five-0-season-5-episode-100-answers/

Hawaii Five-0 Boss Teases Episode 100, Clears the Air on Steve's New Romance

By Matt Webb Mitovich /  August 13 2014, 1:44 PM PDT 

As CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 brought Season 4 to a close, Wo Fat broke out of a supermax prison — but to what end?

That latest mystery surrounding McGarrett’s ongoing foil — plus many others — will be answered in the series’ 100th episode, titled “If, Perhaps,” executive producer Peter M. Lenkov told TVLine as part of our Fall Preview Q&A.

“I’ll tell you this: If there are any lingering questions for people who have been loyally watching the show from the beginning, they’re all going to be answered in the 100th episode” aka the seventh episode of Season 5, Lenkov assured. “There really will be no more questions, as to, ‘Are [steve and Wo fat] related?’ and ‘What is Wo Fat’s relationship with Steve’s mother?’ … That’s all going to come to a head and be resolved.”

Also during our all-encompassing preview interview, Lenkov addressed reports that, with Catherine barely out of Steve’s life, a new, yet-to-be-cast love interest already is on the way for the Five-0 boss.

“Everybody’s selling it as a love interest, but really it’s a friendship,” Lenkov said. “McGarrett meets a woman on the anniversary of his father’s death, and they share the common trauma of both losing a parent very early on. And that’s going to play into an arc.”

Hawaii Five-0 opens Season 5 on Friday, Sept. 26 at 9/8c (where it now leads out of The Amazing Race).

• Love 1

“I’ll tell you this: If there are any lingering questions for people who have been loyally watching the show from the beginning, they’re all going to be answered in the 100th episode” aka the seventh episode of Season 5, Lenkov assured. “There really will be no more questions, as to, ‘Are [steve and Wo fat] related?’ and ‘What is Wo Fat’s relationship with Steve’s mother?’ … That’s all going to come to a head and be resolved.”

I can hardly wait for it all to be resolved.  And maybe they can resolve it without Doris even showing up.

• Love 1

For those wondering if Danny will actually have to face some sort of consequences for his retaliatory murder of Reyes, who murdered Danny's (younger) brother Matt, your answer is in the latest Ask Ausiello column on TVLine.com, via Exec Producer Peter Lenkov. And hopefully at least most of you will end up being happy with his answer.

If I counted right, it's the 18th question down from the top of the column. The *easiest* way to find it, though, is to just scroll down the linked page until you find the pic of Scott Caan that's in the column. The pertinent Q&A is right underneath it.

Here's the link to the column:

http://tvline.com/2014/10/21/greys-anatomy-spoilers-amelia-addiction-season-11-ask-ausiello/

Next week looks awful...:(  It seems like the Halloween Eps are the worst ones. 

Jerry kidnapped...shocking...not really...I just hope it's not as painful as it looks. 

At least they did have Steve call Danny, I hope that the partnership stays at the center of the show. 

With the spoilers for Danny having to have consequences for his actions, sounds like Grace will be threaten.   Trying to be positive, but not feeling the vibe from next weeks preview.

If you're a fan/shipper of Steve & Catherine's relationship, the new MegaBuzz (spoilers) column on TVGuide's website says Steve will be talking about the status of their relationship in the next episode.

That ep airs this Friday, November 21st, with special guest stars music legend Frankie Valli (Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, plus his own solo career) & the legendary Carol Burnett (reprising her S4 role of Steve & Mary's Aunt Deb).

If interested, you can read the spoiler itself here:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-Mentalist-Parks-and-Recreation-Homeland-1089442.aspx

It's the 9th Q&A pair from the top of the column (including the pre-spoilers introduction).

Do we need a new "big bad"? My vote is "No".

Well, "big bad"s are part of H50 "mythology", as it were. So there probably will be 1 (or more). Whether or not it turns out to be Chin's ex-Bro-in-Law (is he really an ex, or are they still related, technically, even though Malia's dead?) remains to be seen.

Right after Wo Fat died, someone Tweeted Lenkov asking if the new "big bad" would be a "reboot" of the Vashon family, which they apparently heard somewhere. The Vashon family, for those who don't remember/aren't familiar, was featured in 3 eps of the original series (I don't remember if they were 3 consecutive eps, but I don't think they were), & they're a Mafia-like crime family who wreaked havoc in the islands. And Lenkov didn't respond to the Tweet, by the way.

Edited by BW Manilowe

If Gabriel is the new big bad, I'm going to be disappointed. Does that mean more time is going to be spent another Chin "corruption" story? I think that was done to death and settled. His Uncle took the last round of missing money. I just feel they do a constant corruption angle with Chin, and now it's going to be about the $5 million. I just don't see Chin carrying the big-bad storyline. I like the character alot, but if he's the focus in a similar storyline that we've already seen, it's going to be redundant. I would feel the same way if a new big-bad arrived and had connections to Steve's mother or father.

Hopefully the new big bad ropes in all the Five O characters.

(edited)

http://cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=42463

Looks like they may be going--in Episode 524, the 1st ep of the 2-ep Season Finale, airing on May 8th--where I've been wondering if they were going during the whole "Rachel's Unexpected Pregnancy" arc in Eps 124 (she tells Danny she's pregnant, while they're having an affair, & the baby's his); 201 (after Danny leaves Rachel & Gracie hanging at the airport--when they're supposed to return to New Jersey & start their lives over as a united family with the new baby--so Danny can save Steve from Governor Jameson's murder frame up by Wo Fat & save Five-0 from dissolution, Rachel tells Danny her due date was misfigured & the baby's actually Stan's); & 214 (When Rachel "unexpectedly" goes into labor while Stan's on a business trip to Beijing, the "only" person she can call on to "Coach"/assist her in the birth of the new baby is Danny... Who may still, possibly, be the baby's father after all; especially seeing as he was named the father first & "conveniently" the only person who could help her in the birth--having him there under supposed false pretenses at least allows him to be at his child's birth & Rachel wouldn't have to admit the baby really was Danny's after all, at that point).

The plot description for Ep 524 includes the statement that "Danny's ex-wife reveals a shocking secret to him that will change his life forever", & they actually have both Rachel (Claire van der Boom) & a young actor, Zach Sulzbach, cast as young Charlie Edwards (the name given the baby in Ep 214 was Charles William--for Danny/the Williams family, to whom he's REALLY related?--Edwards) in the ep.

We haven't seen Charles since the birth episode, when he was actually delivered from Rachel in the person of the then 2-week-old *daughter* of Jeff Cadiente, the show's Stunt Coordinator & sometime episode Director (He Tweeted once, awhile back, Rachel's baby boy actually was played by his baby girl in the birth ep, & she was 2 weeks old at the time). Charles was being pushed in a baby carriage by Rachel in Ep 215, when Gracie was kidnapped, but I don't think we actually physically saw the baby in the ep--either at the tennis club Gracie was kidnapped from, or at HPD where Danny ordered Rachel & the baby to go for safety as soon as he knew he, they, Gracie, & Stan, had a problem.

I honestly can't think of any other "shocking secret" that would change Danny's life forever which would also involve the audience seeing Rachel's son as he supposedly looks now (& he'd be almost, if not actually at least 3 in the show's timeline by now, I think), other than Rachel admits/has a reason she needs to admit her son is actually Danny's, & Gracie's full-brother instead of just half-brother.

The only doctor character listed in the ep is Masi Oka's Max Bergman; since he's a Medical Examiner I wouldn't necessarily think Rachel's possible disclosure involves anything medical going on with the boy--unless he's already been diagnosed with something & Rachel wants to give them a chance to get to know each other before he dies (sigh...).

And Teilor Grubbs/Gracie isn't in the ep either. So at least it doesn't look like Gracie's parentage is in question (like Danny finds out Charlie's his, but Gracie isn't).

Also... Danny's new girlfriend is in the ep. They've (finally?) changed her character name from the "Amber Vitale" she was using when she met Danny to the "Melissa Armstrong" Five-0 discovered was her real name when her abusive ex stalked her a few eps ago & stabbed Danny while trying to either kill her or make her go back home with him.

Edited by BW Manilowe
  • Love 1

Kono's wedding dress and one of her & Adam marrying.

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2015/04/22/hawaii-five-0-kono-wedding-gown-photos/?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

Finale synopsis - http://cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=42462

“A Make Kaua” – On the eve of Kono’s wedding to Adam, Five-0 learns that a stolen nuclear bomb is somewhere on the island and about to be detonated. Also, McGarrett is stunned when Catharine returns to Hawaii, while Chin confronts Adam about his lingering connections to the Yakuza, on the fifth season finale of HAWAII FIVE-0, at a special time, Friday, May 8 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. 

(*”A Make Kaua” is Hawaiian for “Until We Die”)

CHEAT TWEET:  #H50 fans, ur gonna want 2 c this #seasonfinale! #KonoAdamWedding #CathReturns #McGWearsTux 5/8 10pm #Five0Fridays http://bit.ly/1cX8gvo

Edited by Artsda

I hope Danny/Scott isn't leaving the show.  I don't want him having a son (possibly) mean that he's moving from Hawaii to be with his "family" on the mainland.  I'm a little worried about Scott's status on the show and whether he is staying.  I am one of those fans who feel that the Steve/ Danny relationship is essential.  I love the rest of the cast in equal measure, but the McDanno chemistry/relationship is sacrosanct to me.  I didn't like the lack of Danny in the latter half of this season.  

(edited)

I hope Danny/Scott isn't leaving the show. I don't want him having a son (possibly) mean that he's moving from Hawaii to be with his "family" on the mainland. I'm a little worried about Scott's status on the show and whether he is staying. I am one of those fans who feel that the Steve/ Danny relationship is essential. I love the rest of the cast in equal measure, but the McDanno chemistry/relationship is sacrosanct to me. I didn't like the lack of Danny in the latter half of this season.

Don't worry... As far as I know, Scott's *not* leaving the show (But I'm just a fan, so what do I really know?). The stuff I moved out of my previous post doesn't involve that.

The stuff I moved from this thread to Danny's thread has to do with a couple of public appearance/professional type things Scott will be doing in LA during the summer hiatus, for anybody who's already in LA, or going to be in LA--or wants to go to LA--at the same time he's doing these things. Just in case anyone here might like to try to go to either or both of the things I posted about.

But yeah, I'm still betting the secret Rachel has to disclose to Danny is that Charlie is his son/child, just like Rachel said in Ep 124 when she told him she was pregnant in the 1st place (which she had to since they were having an affair behind her current husband's back at the time--so it could've really been either man's child, theoretically speaking). But the question is, why tell Danny now? The kid's at least 3, unless they aged him up for this ep (& I hope not too much, if so). She could've gone along much longer letting Stan & Danny think Charlie was Stan's son.

Unless Rachel's dying & wants to come clean--after thinking of everyone else who could be dying, making disclosing this at least sort of necessary, it finally just occurred to me maybe it's Rachel who might be dying. But wouldn't that be more cruel to take Charlie from the only father he's known (Stan) to possibly live with his biological dad (Danny), & his sister Gracie, if that's part of this, just so Rachel can right the wrong she created?

Edited by BW Manilowe

I'm not sure how giving Danny another child helps his character, especially if Rachel isn't staying.  Maybe it will be the way the writers explain Danny's absences next year - when he's visiting his son.  I don't like that, and I'm only speculating here.  If a season six is a go, and I believe it is, then I want all hands (and characters) on deck for the full season.  

I also would like a new nemesis for Steve.  I like when Steve has an enemy because it drives his character, and as a character of action, I think it serves him well.  I don't want the main nemesis to be against Chin.  I'm sorry, but I don't think that would hold my interest as much.  I guess we'll see after May 13 and then to what lies ahead.

http://cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=42463

Looks like they may be going--in Episode 524, the 1st ep of the 2-ep Season Finale, airing on May 8th--where I've been wondering if they were going during the whole "Rachel's Unexpected Pregnancy" arc in Eps 124 (she tells Danny she's pregnant, while they're having an affair, & the baby's his); 201 (after Danny leaves Rachel & Gracie hanging at the airport--when they're supposed to return to New Jersey & start their lives over as a united family with the new baby--so Danny can save Steve from Governor Jameson's murder frame up by Wo Fat & save Five-0 from dissolution, Rachel tells Danny her due date was misfigured & the baby's actually Stan's); & 214 (When Rachel "unexpectedly" goes into labor while Stan's on a business trip to Beijing, the "only" person she can call on to "Coach"/assist her in the birth of the new baby is Danny... Who may still, possibly, be the baby's father after all; especially seeing as he was named the father first & "conveniently" the only person who could help her in the birth--having him there under supposed false pretenses at least allows him to be at his child's birth & Rachel wouldn't have to admit the baby really was Danny's after all, at that point).

Thank you! That is exactly what I thought when I read this on TVGuide. It's either this or Grace isn't his child and if that were the case, then I would have thought Rachel would have used it during the custody hearings in Season 3.

Thank you! That is exactly what I thought when I read this on TVGuide. It's either this or Grace isn't his child and if that were the case, then I would have thought Rachel would have used it during the custody hearings in Season 3.

I'm reasonably sure Grace is still Danny's daughter. Teilor Grubbs, who plays Grace, isn't in the episode; Rachel & Charles (Charlie) are. So if someone's parentage is gonna change as a result of Rachel disclosing this secret, I'm reasonably sure it won't be Grace's. You'd think if Grace was gonna turn out to not be Danny's they'd have her in the episode.

The other reason I think Charlie's parentage has something to do with the secret is, in Ep 110 (the ep where McDanno has to do a stakeout at Rachel, Stan, & Grace's house/mansion & we meet Rachel), Rachel & Steve are talking after Danny went to the house they were watching, while the occupants were gone, to look for evidence against them.

Rachel tells Steve, at 1 point, she tends to let her emotions get the better of her. And I think she did that with Danny--probably both during & after the marriage.

I think she got royally pissed when Danny stayed behind in Hawaii to get Steve outta the Governor Jameson murder jam he'd gotten himself into, instead of getting on the plane to New Jersey with Rachel & Gracie like he promised he would. He kept saying he was coming, then he didn't, & before she & Grace got on the plane she accused Danny of changing his mind about going (not sure those are the actual words, but they're close).

And when she & Gracie got to New Jersey she told Danny that her due date wasn't when she originally thought & the baby was Stan's after all, & she told him that out of spite... But the baby was actually Danny's & always had been. And it was "early"--for being Stan's--when it arrived; but I think it was probably "on time" if it was Danny's. I think especially if they started their affair fairly close to when Danny's brother Matt took a hike. I swear there was a way I had it figured out how it could be Danny's baby based on the fact they'd probably been together, offscreen, before we knew they were having an affair in Ep 124 (aired May, 2011) & the baby was born in Ep 214 (aired February, 2012)--although May-February just about works right too, in my opinion.

I always thought the baby was Danny's. The way the birth story in Ep 214 played out did nothing to dissuade me, with everybody at the hospital mistaking them both as the parents, & the fact they already had a daughter who eventually joined them at the hospital, the "he has your nose" from the guy at the nursery, & the baby being loud (a Danny characteristic) at birth, etc.

• Love 1

Part of me wonders if the reason that Danny is finding out the truth and Cath is back(barf!) is because there is a possibility of the show not returning. Cath and Steve end up together, Danny now knows he has two kids , Kono gets married and everyone lives happily ever after. Cath is one of the reasons why I stopped watching the show and now with the addition of all these other characters I think I made the right choice. The show hasn't been good for a long time and cancelling it wouldn't be a bad idea. 

• Love 1

I am 99.9% sure the show has already been renewed. I have seen enough proof that I"m not even worried about there not being a Season 6.

I hope that Cath's return is a one episode appearance that is only for the purpose of wrapping up her storyline. It's obvious she doesn't fit in and it doesn't help that the actress is so divisive. 

I am 99.9% sure the show has already been renewed. I have seen enough proof that I"m not even worried about there not being a Season 6.

I hope that Cath's return is a one episode appearance that is only for the purpose of wrapping up her storyline. It's obvious she doesn't fit in and it doesn't help that the actress is so divisive.

As I've said in a few other posts, I'm also 99.9% sure the show's coming back at least for an S6. The Honolulu newspaper said, a week or so ago (just after S5 wrapped), everybody involved with the show--at least behind the scenes--has continued to behave as if it is, by doing stuff like planning S6 budgets for the different departments involved with show production, keeping equipment needed for filming where it is, maintaining leases on rental homes (for those who need them during production), etc.

Also, CBS & NBC apparently talked about how/set things up so Masi Oka could do both H50 & Heroes Reborn if the shooting schedules for both shows clashed; if H50 was being cancelled this season, they shouldn't have had to do that & he could do Heroes Reborn free & clear.

Also... There's a set visit & lunch with Peter Lenkov in Honolulu up right now for 1 of those charity "celebrity experience" auctions. The only caveat I could find on that was the lunch with Lenkov could be in LA if scheduling that worked out better. I saw nothing about what happens if the show gets cancelled before the set visit's fulfilled. I suppose the lunch would still happen, in LA, but it seems like they would need something else for the package if there was no set to visit anymore. So I think that they're pretty sure the show will be back or else they wouldn't consider auctioning a set visit for charity.

As for Cath's return, if they have to I hope they wrap up the McRollins storyline in the Finale; at least if they don't foresee her returning again, for a long time or forever. But I'm totally on the opposite side of the rest of it--I thought she fit in, at least as Steve's girlfriend, & I've never personally seen or experienced any of Michelle's "divisiveness" (& I follow[ed] her on Twitter & Facebook)--so that's all I'm saying about that.

• Love 1

I realize that realism isn't always this show's strong suit, but I'm not excited about any surprises about either Charles or Grace's paternity. Given the way family law works in the US, both Charles and Grace are old enough that established relationship trump biology. If the idea is to explore the complications of Danny being a single dad to two children (one fairly young), the wouldn't need paternity drama. If something happened to Rachel and Stan, Danny would raise Charles because he's Grace's brother. I'm not even the biggest Danny fan, but that would extremely consistent with his character.

I'm a McRollins fan and I want some resolution. Either end things or figure something out. They could have Catherine go back to the Navy and work in the occasional reference to them talking/emailing and taking time to spend leave together. We wouldn't even have to see it. I just don't like the limbo.

• Love 1

I realize that realism isn't always this show's strong suit, but I'm not excited about any surprises about either Charles or Grace's paternity. Given the way family law works in the US, both Charles and Grace are old enough that established relationship trump biology. If the idea is to explore the complications of Danny being a single dad to two children (one fairly young), the wouldn't need paternity drama. If something happened to Rachel and Stan, Danny would raise Charles because he's Grace's brother. I'm not even the biggest Danny fan, but that would extremely consistent with his character.

I'm a McRollins fan and I want some resolution. Either end things or figure something out. They could have Catherine go back to the Navy and work in the occasional reference to them talking/emailing and taking time to spend leave together. We wouldn't even have to see it. I just don't like the limbo.

I agree. It would be consistent with Danny's character for him to raise Grace & Charlie together, at least because they're (at least) half-siblings, even though he's been raising Gracie mostly by himself (since she's been living with him in Honolulu) for the last year or so & Rachel, Stan & Charlie have been supposedly living their own family life in Vegas because of Stan's work.

But, if something happened to Rachel & Stan, there could be a possible monkey wrench in that plan to raise Grace & Charlie together as the (half-?) siblings they are... in the form of anyone in Stan's family who may still be alive & capable of raising Charlie objecting to Danny getting custody because he has no blood or legal relationship tie to Charlie. His daughter does, but she's not old enough to petition for custody herself. You'd have to hope Rachel & Stan's wills would be very specific about who should raise Charlie &, if it's Danny, they'd agree on that (sometimes the relationship between Stan & Danny seems rather frosty).

I agree, I don't think there is any paternity question about Grace. 

However I'm convinced Charlie is Danny's son. I can't think of any other secret Rachel could be keeping that would blow things up at this point.

I'm curious as to why she is choosing now to tell though. If she and Stan are divorcing, she might be using the paternity to cut Stan out of her life. Or if she thinks he's a bad or neglectful father, this might be her way to put an end to it. Really looking forward to seeing the episode.

I agree, I don't think there is any paternity question about Grace.

However I'm convinced Charlie is Danny's son. I can't think of any other secret Rachel could be keeping that would blow things up at this point.

I'm curious as to why she is choosing now to tell though. If she and Stan are divorcing, she might be using the paternity to cut Stan out of her life. Or if she thinks he's a bad or neglectful father, this might be her way to put an end to it. Really looking forward to seeing the episode.

I don't think there's a paternity question about Grace either. I always thought the ep In a Time Past (can't remember the Hawaiian title, sorry), that flashed back to 9/11 & had Danny find out Rachel was pregnant & then get held hostage with his partner by drug dealers they were trying to bust; & then--in the present--had Danny trapped by a motion sensitive bomb on the day he's supposed to take Gracie to her school's Father-Daughter Dance, pretty much set Gracie's paternity in stone; especially since she was named for Danny's female partner who was killed by the drug dealers.

I've *always* thought Charles (Charlie) was Danny's son too. That's what Rachel said to start with. She had no reason to lie about it in S1.

And I think she only told Danny the baby was Stan's in S2 because she lets her emotions get the best of her sometimes (said to Steve in Heihei in S1, in which we met the character), she was royally pissed he missed the flight back to New Jersey so he could help get Steve outta the Governor Jameson murder frame up, instead of starting the new life he'd planned with his expanding family, & everybody knows you don't mess with a pregnant woman who's got hormones running rampant.

And I think she asked for Danny's help at the birth, when Stan was--as usual--away on business in Beijing, & unable/unlikely to make it back to Honolulu in time for the birth... which Danny claimed was "early" when they arrived at the hospital, because it was the only way to have the real father at the birth without having to admit, then, she'd lied that it was Stan's baby. She could "save face", if you will, & maintain the lie while still letting Danny be with their 2nd child a little bit.

Plus, there was all the dialogue in the birth ep mistaking them for a couple, calling Danny the father, someone in Delivery saying the baby wants to meet his parents--referring to Rachel & Danny (since he was in the room & doing all the stuff the father traditionally does)--after the birth & someone else saying the baby had Danny's nose at the Nursery; as well as Rachel & Danny having their (older) child together at the hospital for the birth & the baby being given the middle name "William" (For "Williams", perhaps?) that did nothing to dissuade me from thinking the baby (now older Charlie) was Danny & Rachel's son, not Stan & Rachel's son.

I'm with you... Since what Rachel's secret is that's a bombshell for Danny is pretty well figured out, especially if you know Claire van der Boom (who plays Rachel) is in the ep & they've also cast a young actor to play the now-child Charlie in the ep, the only "secret" left to figure out is *why* is Rachel finally telling Danny he actually has 2 kids *now*? And I see your theories as definite possibilities.

Rachel could've told Danny before, closer to the birth; she could've waited even longer than 3 seasons in show time; or she could've even gone to her grave *without* telling. But no, she decides to tell him now.

Maybe it does have something to do with Stan (like she let her emotions get the better of her with *him*, & got mad enough about something, for some reason, to decide now was the time to tell Danny)--&, by the way, Mark Deklin (who plays Stan), is *not* in the cast list for the ep; neither is Teilor Grubbs, who plays Gracie.

Or maybe it's something medical. Although the only doctor in the cast list is Masi Oka's Max Bergman, the ME; so that would seem like a longshot. But I don't know if it'd be medical involving Charlie, Rachel, Gracie, or Stan. I think we can discount Gracie since she's not even in the ep. But I'm not sure how something medical with Stan would cause Rachel to tell Danny he's Charlie's father.

Other than "because it's the right thing to do", something having to do with Stan somehow, something medical or something else to do with Charlie (or possibly Rachel), I honestly can't figure out why Rachel's finally telling Danny *now*. Guess we'll see on May 8th.

Rachel could've told Danny before, closer to the birth; she could've waited even longer than 3 seasons in show time; or she could've even gone to her grave *without* telling. But no, she decides to tell him now.

Maybe it does have something to do with Stan (like she let her emotions get the better of her with *him*, & got mad enough about something, for some reason, to decide now was the time to tell Danny)--&, by the way, Mark Deklin (who plays Stan), is *not* in the cast list for the ep; neither is Teilor Grubbs, who plays Gracie.

Or maybe it's something medical. Although the only doctor in the cast list is Masi Oka's Max Bergman, the ME; so that would seem like a longshot. But I don't know if it'd be medical involving Charlie, Rachel, Gracie, or Stan. I think we can discount Gracie since she's not even in the ep. But I'm not sure how something medical with Stan would cause Rachel to tell Danny he's Charlie's father.

Other than "because it's the right thing to do", something having to do with Stan somehow, something medical or something else to do with Charlie (or possibly Rachel), I honestly can't figure out why Rachel's finally telling Danny *now*. Guess we'll see on May 8th.

It could be something medical that has already happened. Say, Charlie had his blood typed for whatever reason. It comes back as something that the combo of Rachel/Stan either *couldn't* or at least would have a long shot of producing. Stan get suspicious and has a DNA test done. Rachel's secret is blown, they're divorcing and Stan had cut ties. Hence, telling. 

Part of me wonders if the reason that Danny is finding out the truth and Cath is back(barf!) is because there is a possibility of the show not returning. Cath and Steve end up together, Danny now knows he has two kids , Kono gets married and everyone lives happily ever after. Cath is one of the reasons why I stopped watching the show and now with the addition of all these other characters I think I made the right choice. The show hasn't been good for a long time and cancelling it wouldn't be a bad idea. 

I couldn't disagree more.  H5O is one of the few shows on television that don't follow the cookie-cutout of the rest of the procedurals, and I love how much backstory each of the characters have - something very unusual for procedurals.  I hope H5O gets at LEAST another year.  

• Love 1

Spoilers for Ep 601 (apparently)...

http://tvline.com/2015/05/19/greys-anatomy-season-12-spoilers-arizona-callie-new-loves/

Question: I'm thrilled to see Michelle Borth back on Hawaii Five-0. Please tell me that she is staying--Sandra

Ausiello: Borth is staying on as Catherine... at least for a little while, in part because next season will open with the "first dance" at Kono and Adam's wedding. "We'll miss the actual vows, but we'll come in on them being introduced as husband and wife," showrunner Peter M. Lenkov tells TVLine. As for Borth's status, "We haven't finalized how long she'll stay, but she'll definitely be in some episodes at the beginning of the season," he shares. "We haven't figured out exactly where to go, but we're working on it."

http://www.tvguide.com/news/hawaii-five-0-season-6-spoilers-catherine-mcgarrett/

From the article linked above, which is from TVGuide's MegaBuzz:

They still aren't committing to how long Catherine (Michelle Borth) will be sticking around this season. Lenkov says the first few episodes include a McGarrett/Catherine arc which will answer this. He also says, by Episode 3 (603) there will be a surprise turn in their relationship--Lenkov isn't saying if it's good or bad.

A new character is being introduced who may be a new love interest for Chin (note I said Chin & *not* Steve *or* Danny). DDK apparently told TVGuide last season he wanted a more romantic storyline for Chin & more about his personal life in the story. It looks like he might be getting his wish.

From TVLine.com yesterday, August 31st:

http://tvline.com/2015/08/31/once-upon-a-time-season-5-spoilers-emma-rumple-training/

Will we see more of Danny's new son this season on Hawaii Five-0?--Sarah

"It's definitely a story arc for the season (premiering Sept. 25)," says showrunner Peter M. Lenkov, who actually was thisclose to uncorking the twist a year earlier than he did, but instead decided to put some distance between (accurate) Internet speculation and the actual reveal. "There's a nice little [storyline] of Danny having to take some time off to do that [bone marrow transplant]," all setting the stage for a Halloween episode where father and son trick-or-treat in the hospital halls. "As grumpy as he is," Lenkov says, "with kids you see a whole different side of Danny."

Edited by BW Manilowe

I think it's funny that the writers still think that the Charlie/Danny reveal was huge. Most people knew it was his kid from day one. On the topic of Cath/Steve there was an editing room pic posted(but very quickly taken down) of them in bed together. Then there was also the reveal of a new love interest for Steve. I think the writers aren't sure what they want to do in regards to Steve and Cath. 

I think it's funny that the writers still think that the Charlie/Danny reveal was huge. Most people knew it was his kid from day one. On the topic of Cath/Steve there was an editing room pic posted(but very quickly taken down) of them in bed together. Then there was also the reveal of a new love interest for Steve. I think the writers aren't sure what they want to do in regards to Steve and Cath.

I know (about Danny, Rachel & Charlie). Like I'm pretty sure I said here, like, 9 zillion times before the ep with the reveal aired, I knew it was gonna be true from the second Rachel told Danny she was pregnant & he was the father in S1 (Season Finale)--she said it with total positivity, like Danny was the only guy she was sleeping with at the time (whether that's because Stan was almost always away on business or not)--despite the fact she later lied & told him she'd miscalculated & Stan was the father (probably because she was pissed he stayed behind to help free Steve instead of getting on the redeye to Jersey with her & Gracie), then tried to explain away why she never told Danny, when she finally *did* tell him, by saying she didn't want both their kids losing their father if something happened to Danny in the line of duty.

Plus, there was the whole "mistaking Danny for the father" thing by the staff & another new father at the hospital, which everyone eventually gave up on correcting, when he got roped into helping Rachel with the birth 'cause Stan was in Beijing on business in S2. I saw that as totally deliberate on Rachel's part since she knew Danny was the father & that was probably the only legitimate way to have him present for the birth without having to admit she'd lied about his paternity for most of the pregnancy (so, of course, it was lucky Stan was away during the birth).

And, of course, there's the whole thing of Rachel giving Charlie the middle name "William" (& Danny's last name being "Williams") during the birth scene. I remember Danny telling Steve last season that he told Rachel she *had* to tell Charlie who his father really was; so I hope that at some point when we see Charlie this season, he's going by the name "Charlie Williams", or they at least acknowledge they're working on it (like when they changed the character name of Danny's girlfriend, from "Amber Vitale" to "Melissa Armstrong", after the ep last season where Danny was stabbed by the abusive ex-husband she was running from).

So, while the reveal that Danny is Charlie's father may not have been that big, the fact he's sick & in need of a bone marrow transplant & Danny's probably the only possible donor (since Stan's not related & Rachel & Grace don't match) kind of is (although a paternity reveal due to a child's illness is a well-used trope).

Yeah, I saw the pic of Steve & Cath in bed before it disappeared. Lenkov keeps saying we'll know in Ep 603 what's up with them, & I think that pic maybe was from that ep. Personally, I kind of hope they can keep her as recurring, as a friend, whatever happens to the romantic relationship. I've always liked the character & have never seen the negative side of the actress the Cath/Michelle haters keep bringing up in social media.

I think they're on something like Ep 607 or 608 now, maybe later, filming-wise, & they just announced the casting of the apparent new McG girlfriend. I started following the actress on Twitter, in case she Tweets about filming, & it doesn't look like she's gone to Hawaii to start filming anything yet. Probably soon though. But she has thanked people who congratulated her on getting the part/joining the show.

As for Chin's new love interest, I'm sorry they've apparently gotten rid of the Leilani character, but Lindsay Price (the actress) & her husband, Chef Curtis Stone, have 2 young sons--the eldest is 3 & the youngest will be 1 later this month--so it's possible she needed to move on for family reasons (especially since her husband also does his fair share of business traveling, though he owns an LA restaurant).

Per TVLine:

Fall TV Spoilers 2015: Exclusive Scoop On 43

HAWAII FIVE-0

Given that Gabriel Waincroft threatened Chin Ho just before his cousin walked down the aisle, "Kono and Adam are definitely going to have a very rough start to their first year of marriage," showrunner Peter M. Lenkov warns. Comparing the new Big Bad to Five-0's previous tormenter, "Wo Fat's agenda was very personal, but Gabriel is a bad guy because he's a bad guy," Lenkov says. On the lighter side, Chin may find a new lady love (played by Julie Benz), while for reunited Steve and Catherine, "It's hard to get things back on track, as much as they want to." Oh, and did we mention the weekend couples retreat that Steve and Danny will unwittingly attend? "That's a really fun story," Lenkov promises with a wink.

BONUS SPOILER!: The Halloween episode – about a modern-day Dr. Frankenstein-type trying to resurrect a dead love! – will be both a treat and trick for Danny, who spends the start of it collecting candy at the hospital with son Charlie, only to then dash to the North Shore to pull Grace out of a wild party!

RETURN DATE: Friday, Sept. 25 at 9/8c (CBS)

I have to say that Lenkov has done a horrible job keeping things under wraps this season in regards to spoilers. The only reason I can think for leaking the girlfriend information in regards to Steve is that they are going to pull a bait and switch on the fans. Steve proposes, Cath says no. So Steve goes and finds another girlfriend and in the meantime Cath goes back to Afghanistan and teaches. Then probably around the end of the season she decides that she does love Steve enough to marry him so she comes back and they become engaged. If it's not a bait and switch then they have done a horrible job and keeping viewers on their toes and guessing. I hate that this show has become literally a soap opera with the whole "Danny you really are the father" and the whole "will Steve and Cath marry or won't they??" It was supposed to be about the core 4 fighting crimes with little glimpses into their lives. 

(edited)

Spoiler for Ep 603--tonight's ep--from TVLine:

http://tvline.com/2015/10/08/hawaii-five-0-season-6-steve-catherine-sex-secret/

Spoiler for the Valentine's Day ep/whether or not Danny's current girlfriend Amber, aka Melissa, will be returning this season, again from TVLine (start at the BOTTOM of the page & it's the 3rd Q&A pair, GOING UP FROM THE BOTTOM:

http://tvline.com/2015/10/05/arrow-season-4-spoilers-felicitys-father/

Also, I have NO source for this, but Carol Burnett, as Steve & Mary's Aunt Deb, along with Steve's sister Mary (Taryn Manning) & Mary's adopted daughter, Joanie, will apparently be back in Ep 612 (or in about 9 weeks, if the eps run with no pre-emptions through that point in the season).

Dancingjaneway: I don't believe it was ever said how big or little the glimpses we would see into the "Core 4's" personal lives would be. Only that we'd see more of their personal lives in this version than in the original version, because that's 1 thing Peter Lenkov thought would "add value" to the updated series for H50 fans since the original "Core 4" was rarely seen in situations occurring "off the job" (& apparently that was 1 of the aspects of the original show he felt could use an update--to be honest, having seen both versions, I like that we get to know that the current Five-0 team is just as dedicated to their work, but now it's not to the exclusion of non-work relationships & other pursuits).

Edited by BW Manilowe

Lots of info about this season.  

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/22/hawaii-five-0-season-7-spoilers

This season "explores the team's legacy".  Kind of makes it sound like Lenkov is expecting this to be the last season.

Claire Forlani comes on as a psychologist/profiler.  Sounds like she is in three episodes and could come back later, but is NOT a love interest for McGarrett.

Catherine comes back in the 150th episode and it will wrap up a lot of storylines.  He says it's impossible for McGarrett and Catherine to start over.  Her relation to the story is plot driven.  My interpretation:  Catherine dies.

Danny is dealing with his bratty and rebellious teenaged daughter.  Oh great.  I have always despised this actress, and I'm not looking forward to this storyline.  Will keep my finger on the FF button.

Adam and Kono are going to be happy.  I think her pregnancy will be revealed in the season finale.  She will leave 5-0.  If the show comes back for an 8th season, she will have changed her mind and returned to the team.

San Francisco Police Lady.  Oh joy.  She moved to Hawaii and joined HPD, which will explain why we won't see her in every episode, because she has her own offscreen cases.  Hopefully more offscreen than on.

No big bad for the season, instead, a bunch of multiple small villains.  Gabriella Wo Fat storyline wraps up in second half of season.

Doris is back.  Sounds like only for one episode.  She will give McGarrett some answers, and for a "good chunk of the episode, mother and son will be working together".  My interpretation:  Doris and Steve are in a situation where they are captured by the enemy, and will work together to escape.  Doris sacrifices herself in helping Steve escape.

Wedding bells.  It's obviously going to be Steve and Deserted Island Lady.  This season is about legacy, Steve is feeling old and human and vulnerable after the liver surgery.  Catherine and Doris both die, and faced with his mortality, he marries in the season finale.  At the reception, Kono and Adam announce privately to the team that she is pregnant, and the season (and perhaps the series) ends on a positive note.

• Love 1

I've read speculation that the wedding may be Steve's sister Mary & somebody. Most sources say the couple getting married is an "unexpected" 1, & Mary's always doing "unexpected" (read "flaky") things. 

I'd expect Steve & "Deserted Island Lady" (@blackwing: the character's name is Lynn Downey, if you might like to use it at any point in the discussion/season... Just saying) to be getting married, at least perhaps. They're a known couple at this point; especially since we know they took their relationship "to the next level" based on stuff in the Valentine's Day ep last season. To me there are 3 legitimate couples I'd expect to marry: Danny & Melissa (aka Amber); Steve & Lynn; Chin & Abby.

Other "unexpected" couples I could see marrying are Max Bergman & his longtime girlfriend, Sabrina, or Kamekona & someone we haven't met yet.

Anyway... TV Guide has posted a new interview with Peter Lenkov. It's similar to the 1 posted above from Entertainment Weekly, but it's also different. 

It lists 8 things about the storylines for this season. About half, I think, are covered in the EW article while about 4--the other half--are NEW to this article.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/hawaii-five-0-season-7-catherine-returns-adam-kono-chin/?ftag=TVG_Twitter

18 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Surprise wedding speculation; Mary will marry a woman. Or Jerry gets hitched, I can't think of anyone more unlikely.

I hadn't thought of Jerry, or Mary in a same sex marriage, but you could be right. I also just thought of Danny & Rachel remarrying (assuming she's divorced from Stan).

I hope they actually get to this storyline (presumably, if they find out this is the last season they'll do whatever they have to to do it). Last season, or the season before, I remember reading where Lenkov was talking about doing an ep where Danny & Steve end up in New Jersey for some reason, & they never got to it. By the same token he also said, somewhere I read, that he's wanted to do a thing where "original Steve/Jack Lord" somehow gets to have a scene with Alex's McGarrett for awhile now & didn't manage to use that until this season. He also said he's got other stuff he hasn't used yet that he'd like to.

Does Lenkov ever try to fake-out viewers in order to then surprise?  Re: Catherine and/or wedding speculation, I'm wondering if Catherine's return is indeed a rekindled relationship, only because in the TV Guide interview, he said that her return is in line with Steve's more reflective attitude, and in the creepy Jack Lord scene, Steve pondered whether he already met the right woman, but couldn't hang on to her?  

Otherwise, my guess is Danny and his ex-wife.

I can't see it being Danny and Rachel. He's made it pretty clear he no longer trusts her or particularly likes her once she spilled the beans about Charlie. It's very clear he tolerates her as a co-parent but just barely. I doubt Danny will ever remarry.