Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
larry.lahr

The Royals and Company: The Cast Thread

After watching Season 4, we decided to watch "The Iron Lady" - Margaret Thatcher in her declining years as played by Meryl Streep.  Hadn't seen it since it was in the theaters.

Imagine my shock when I realized that the actress who played her much-put-upon daughter was Olivia Colman - with a blond wig and a fake nose!!!!!

Now I understand why "the queen" was so condescending to Thatcher in their scenes on "The Crown."  LOL.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

After watching Season 4, we decided to watch "The Iron Lady" - Margaret Thatcher in her declining years as played by Meryl Streep.  Hadn't seen it since it was in the theaters.

Imagine my shock when I realized that the actress who played her much-put-upon daughter was Olivia Colman - with a blond wig and a fake nose!!!!!

Now I understand why "the queen" was so condescending to Thatcher in their scenes on "The Crown."  LOL.

Next on my list to watch!  Thanks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

They cast Dominick West as Charles. Since Matthew Goode isn't going to happen, I was hoping for Ioan Grufford. Oh, well.

That's pretty hard to imagine.

• Like 1

Well, I can now firmly say that I can't just get behind the current actor for Phillip. The first one, he pulled off the "prince" perfectly. But the current one...I don't even think it is his acting, it's his looks. He always comes off like a small time criminal to me.

3 hours ago, swanpride said:

Well, I can now firmly say that I can't just get behind the current actor for Phillip. The first one, he pulled off the "prince" perfectly. But the current one...I don't even think it is his acting, it's his looks. He always comes off like a small time criminal to me.

When he told Diana "it won't end well for you" or however he said it?  That face, that tone, sent a shiver down my back.  

It definitely sounded like a threat.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

They cast Dominick West as Charles. Since Matthew Goode isn't going to happen, I was hoping for Ioan Grufford. Oh, well.

Has that been finalized yet?  Last thing I saw online was a month ago, and it was in the late stages of talks, but nothing signed yet.

Interesting.  They get a guy who cheats on his wife to play a guy who cheats on his wife.  He ought to be able to play that role without much effort.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Has that been finalized yet?

I hope not!  This has to be one of the craziest cast choices ever.  Nope!  Only thing crazier would be to choose Kristen Stewart to play Diana in a movie.  Oh, wait..

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I hope not!  This has to be one of the craziest cast choices ever.  Nope!  Only thing crazier would be to choose Kristen Stewart to play Diana in a movie.  Oh, wait..

It feels really weird to have a person who radiated warmth and charisma played by someone who...doesn't. (And I'm saying this as someone who generally enjoys Kristen's work.) Anyway, Dominick West creeped me out a bit when he suggested Hannah Winterbourne, a trans soldier and activist, should play James Bond. It wasn't the idea that was bad but the way he suggested it gave me the creeps. Like he was hitting on her. She's married, btw.

Edited by methodwriter85

4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Just saw an actor named Nick Rowe. 

According to the interwebs, he was already on The Crown as Jock Colville. I have no memory of who that was. (Hiya AZ!)

55 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

According to the interwebs, he was already on The Crown as Jock Colville. I have no memory of who that was. (Hiya AZ!)

Hi, LWG! I see that you are correct.  He played an aide to Churchill.  Darn!!!!

• Like 1